sentry v magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
2 reasons for the thread:

1. i know next to nothing (beyond what i read on this forum) about sentry

2. i love watching demi defend his boy . . . wink

this takes place in the middle of a planetary junkyard -- no life but these 2 on it. is sentry's energy control enough to get him a win over mags?

oh, and . . . . NO SPEEDBLITZES BASTICHES!! mad

(can we just make that a general forum rule, PLEASE. . .?)

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by leonidas
2 reasons for the thread:

1. i know next to nothing (beyond what i read on this forum) about sentry

2. i love watching demi defend his boy . . . wink

this takes place in the middle of a planetary junkyard -- no life but these 2 on it. is sentry's energy control enough to get him a win over mags?

oh, and . . . . NO SPEEDBLITZES BASTICHES!! mad

(can we just make that a general forum rule, PLEASE. . .?)

Sentry moves at the speed of time and therefore ..... he Wins

Here is some Marvel directory Bios , as i have never heard of Magneto:

Magneto

Real name: Magnus (possibly not his real name, rest of name unrevealed)
Other aliases: (former) The Creator, Eric Magnus Lehnsherr, Michael Xavier, White Pilgrim
Identity: Secret
Occupation: (current) Revolutionary and conqueror, (former) Volunteer orderly, secret agent, adventurer, teacher of the New Mutants
Legal status: Criminal record in the United States, later overturned by the courts; still wanted internationally as an outlaw
Place of birth: Unrevealed, probably somewhere in Northern Europe
Marital status: Widower
Known relatives: Magda (wife, presumed deceased), Anya (daughter, deceased), Wanda Maximoff (the Scarlet Witch, daughter), Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver, son), Crystal (daughter-in-law), Luna (granddaughter)
Base of operations: (current) Unrevealed, (former) Asteroid M; various hidden bases on Earth including one in Antarctica; an island in the Bermuda Triangle; Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York
Group affiliation: (current) None, (former) Brotherhood of Evil Mutants I and II, X-Men, teacher of the New Mutants, Lords Cardinal of the Hellfire Club, leader of the Acolytes
First appearance: X-MEN (first series) #1

History: The man now known as Magnus spent his early teens imprisoned with his family at the Nazi death camp in Auschwitz, Poland. The only member of his family to survive the camp, Magnus here learned how brutally human beings could treat minorities whom they considered different. After World War II Magnus married a woman named Magda and they had a daughter, Anya. When a mob prevented Magnus from rescuing Anya from dying in a fire, he used his powers to destroy them all in revenge.

Terrified by her husband's powers and threats of vengeance against humanity, Magda fled, never having revealed to him that she was pregnant. She apparently died soon after giving birth to twins, Wanda and Pietro.

Eventually Magnus went to Israel, where he worked as a volunteer orderly at a psychiatric hospital and where he first met and became friends with Charles Xavier. Magnus and Xavier frequently debated the subject of mutants' coexistence with the rest of humanity. After the two men joined forces to rescue their friend Gabrielle Haller from Baron Strucker and his Hydra agents, Magnus left for parts unknown. After being betrayed by the intelligence agents with whom he worked, Magnus began planning his campaign against the human race.

Years later Magnus reemerged as Magneto, who was determined to conquer the human race to prevent their oppression of mutants. Xavier's original team of X-Men thwarted his first public move in his war with humanity, the takeover of the Cape Citadel missile base. When they next clashed, Magneto was leading his original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, which included Wanda and Pietro, now known as the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Not until years later would Magneto learn that they were actually his children. At one point Magneto genetically engineered a being called Alpha the Ultimate Mutant, who rebelled against him and turned Magneto back into an infant. Xavier gave the baby into the care of his colleague Moira MacTaggert, who tampered with the infant's mind in the hope that he would grow up to become a better man. Years later Davan Shakari, alias Eric the Red, an agent of the alien Shi'ar, transformed Magneto back into an adult, albeit one younger than before. Magneto thereafter had a series of battles with Xavier's new team of X-Men.

Eventually, however, MacTaggert's manipulation of his mind had a delayed effect. Magneto underwent a crisis of conscience, gave up his plans of world conquest, and became the X-Men's ally. When he found himself dying, Xavier asked Magneto to take over his School for Gifted Youngsters. Xavier was then taken into outer space to be healed by Shi'ar science, and Magneto became the mentor of Xavier's latest group of students, the New Mutants.

In time, though, Magneto's former personality slowly began to return. He abandoned the New Mutants and allied himself with the X-Men's foes in the Hellfire Club. He and the X-Man Rogue for a time developed a close relationship in the Savage Land. Ultimately, Magneto renewed his war with the human race and the X-Men, and gathered about him a new team of mutant underlings, the Acolytes, who virtually worshipped him.

In his last battle with the X-Men, Magneto used his powers to extract the adamantium molecules from Wolverine's skeleton, causing him tremendous agony. Infuriated, Xavier used his mental powers to shut down Magneto's mind. For a time the Acolytes cared for Magneto at their orbiting base, but when it was destroyed, Magneto returned to Earth.

Subsequently, an amnesiac man appeared who called himself Joseph, possessed powers over magnetism, and looked like Magneto would if he were still in his twenties. He joined the X-Men, who believed him to be Magneto, somehow rejuvenated and reformed. Joseph himself came to believe he was Magneto, until the real Magneto reappeared and began his campaign of terror against the human race anew. Moreover, although the X-Men had come to believe that Magneto was really a man named Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, it was revealed that Lehnsherr was a false identity Magneto had assumed to conceal his true identity. The real identities of both Magneto and Joseph still remain mysteries at this time.

demigawd
See Leo, that's your mistake. You need to put me against rabid fans of an extremely popular character to cause headaches and controversy.

Magneto wins by virtue or nobody knowing anything about Sentry.

big grin

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by demigawd
See Leo, that's your mistake. You need to put me against rabid fans of an extremely popular character to cause headaches and controversy.

Magneto wins by virtue or nobody knowing anything about Sentry.

big grin

Seriously .... Magneto looses to Terrax, Sentry ***** slaps Terrax .... Sentry Wins ! smile

demigawd
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Seriously .... Magneto looses to Terrax, Sentry ***** slaps Terrax .... Sentry Wins ! smile

Feh. Magneto beats Terrax. Maybe not as easily as Sentry beat him, but I think he can do it.

I can't really quantify OR qualify what Sentry's powers even ARE to say how he would interact with Magneto's forcefields, energy projection, physiological manipulation tricks, telepathy, etc. It's all a blank right now.

leonidas
big grin

well . . . hell ya!! big grin

Feh. Magneto beats Terrax. Maybe not as easily as Sentry beat him, but I think he can do it.

I can't really quantify OR qualify what Sentry's powers even ARE to say how he would interact with Magneto's forcefields, energy projection, physiological manipulation tricks, telepathy, etc. It's all a blank right now.

laughing you don't know what happens when matter is accelerated beyond c either, but that didn't keep you from telling me what would happen anyway! stick out tongue

i need some people who have read sentry's appearances. his win over terrax was impressive -- i was actually a bit surprised you said mags would beat terrax (i happen to agree with that, btw) since he doesn't have telepathic abilities (i don't think) it would come down to his energy control v mags' energy control. i really don't know WHAT to think about this fight.

Sir Whirlysplat
I really enjoy the Sentry's book Leo, check it out, it is a true classic in the making.

Sir Whirlysplat
And why do you and Yahman not have JLAKMC Assemble in your sigs!!!!!!!

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by leonidas
well . . . hell ya!! big grin

laughing you don't know what happens when matter is accelerated beyond c either, but that didn't keep you from telling me what would happen anyway! stick out tongue

i need some people who have read sentry's appearances. his win over terrax was impressive -- i was actually a bit surprised you said mags would beat terrax (i happen to agree with that, btw) since he doesn't have telepathic abilities (i don't think) it would come down to his energy control v mags' energy control. i really don't know WHAT to think about this fight.

I agree ... Demi's Magneto beats everyone short of the G.S. force ! smile

I've been talking to Alpha Centurai shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.