Cassidy Found Guilty of Manslaughter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewJERU

-hh-
yea i read it this morning.

JacopeX
I heard it in 105.1 earlier

Inspectah Deck

FistOfThe North

damn baby thats another black man lost

sad

D00m
ROFL @ career highlight. How sad is that.

D00m
Originally posted by #16
damn baby thats another black man lost

sad

What does that mean?

Afro Cheese
I'd say it's a safe bet that the victim, Desmond Hawkins, was a black man.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by D00m
What does that mean?

I think he either meant the victim killed or Cassidy himself for deciding to take that path. I'd say 2 brovas lost.

And the career highlight thing, Pac used it to his advantage when he got clapped up and when he shot them off duty Jakes and repeatedly rapped about it on different joints time and again. 50 capitalized too, that's all he would talk about on interviews, his music. You know, showing his bullet wounds. Snoop came out wit "murder was the case" during or after that murder beef he had.

They all capitalized. Hey it's grimy but it pays. Violence sells probably just as well as sex does.

Cinemaddiction
So, he was pissed off and pulled out a piece, shot and killed a guy, but on accident? I want this guy's defense attorney because I'm greedy, and want to accidently knock off a few banks. Hookaniggaup!

This ****in' guy's name is Barry. I think that's equivalent to a life sentence in itself.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
This ****in' guy's name is Barry. I think that's equivalent to a life sentence in itself.

laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Great, now another lame contribution to "music" has another 3 albums worth of how he went to jail.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Great, now another lame contribution to "music" has another 3 albums worth of how he went to jail.

-AC

lol na.

I think Cassidy's kinda nice. It's just that he's gonna be mad predictable with his flow now so it's not gonna be that appealing. Well, to most it'll will be cause the fans will love it.

Hey like I said, if it made more money for 50, Snoop and Pac, then it'll make Cassidy mad money. And he was already popular too, gettin' airplay on multiple songs and everything, even till this day, and he'll probably get even more airplay. And that last album might sell more too.

That's business, baby.

Deathblow
It's not music, though.

Alpha Centauri
So? I don't give a shit about business. If you have to go to jail for manslaughter and it's considered good business, then both you and your fans are idiots.

Cassidy hasn't been good since his very early Ruff Ryders days and even then he was only good at freeing or battling. Like Jin and so many others, producers heard him battle and thought he'd be great, gave him a record deal and he put out a shit album. A born MC can battle well, a born battler can't creatively MC half the time.

All the best battlers were writing actual rhymes before they began battling.

There are too many idiots out there who are impressed by semi-coherent similies in battle rhymes.

Eg: That Cassidy line "You get pissed on like pregancy tests." So? He's just saying the man is shit. It's not a good line. "My gun is like my dick, bigger than usual." So what? Why does that make Freeway look bad? It's a battle, not a masturbating contest.

-AC

-hh-

-AC ouch laughing

FistOfThe North
So? I don't give a shit about business. If you have to go to jail for manslaughter and it's considered good business, then both you and your fans are idiots.

Cassidy hasn't been good since his very early Ruff Ryders days and even then he was only good at freeing or battling. Like Jin and so many others, producers heard him battle and thought he'd be great, gave him a record deal and he put out a shit album. A born MC can battle well, a born battler can't creatively MC half the time.

All the best battlers were writing actual rhymes before they began battling.

There are too many idiots out there who are impressed by semi-coherent similies in battle rhymes.

Eg: That Cassidy line "You get pissed on like pregancy tests." So? He's just saying the man is shit. It's not a good line. "My gun is like my dick, bigger than usual." So what? Why does that make Freeway look bad? It's a battle, not a masturbating contest.

-AC

ha ha

1st off, I never said I condoned a criminal lifestyle as good advertisement for an album or someones music. I think it's low when it's abused. I'm plainly sayin' that it happens that way.

And you yourself are an idiot if think the music business isn't primarily about the money; commerciality, even moreso now. That's why I don't listen to practically any of the s*** heads drop now, cause it's all about the BS.

And Casiddy was nice in his early Ruff Ryder days tru but that's really the last time I heard his s*** with interest, unless someone else had him on, on some radio or something, flippin' it. And that's what I was referring to as him still probably being nice.

WrathfulDwarf
Another Rapper in trouble with the law.

I keep telling you....DA MAN is responsible.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
And you yourself are an idiot if think the music business isn't primarily about the money; commerciality, even moreso now. That's why I don't listen to practically any of the s*** heads drop now, cause it's all about the BS.

I don't care or deny what the music BUSINESS is about, but that's not all there is. If it's all you know then I suggest you go educate yourself on real music then come back and have a chat with me after.

If you're gonna call him a good business man because he indirectly achieves publicity off the back of being incarcerated, then you're a moron.

And Casiddy was nice in his early Ruff Ryder days tru but that's really the last time I heard his s*** with interest, unless someone else had him on, on some radio or something, flippin' it. And that's what I was referring to as him still probably being nice.

Isn't it a bit of a flawed logic to assume someone is still the same or as good?

-AC

FistOfThe North
I don't care or deny what the music BUSINESS is about, but that's not all there is. If it's all you know then I suggest you go educate yourself on real music then come back and have a chat with me after.

If you're gonna call him a good business man because he indirectly achieves publicity off the back of being incarcerated, then you're a moron.

Isn't it a bit of a flawed logic to assume someone is still the same or as good?

-AC

Well i'm already astute on what and who I think is lyrically nice to me so no need to go to school. I know real music.

And I'm not sayin' all s*** from now sucks, i'm just sayin that i'm personally more into the stuff i listened to in the 90's cause to me, well it was the better hip hop era. And I've given stuff from now a chance to listen to, you know. I've listened to s*** from now, it's just that, that appeal just isn't there for me like it was in the 90's. I just don't feel it. Which is why I'm not into most of the stuff from now.

And what I thought is not flawed logic at all. It's only natural. Like for example, like i'm real nice at ball but there was a time when I didn't played for like year straight. But when I came back, thinking that i lost some of my game, I surprised myself cause I found out I was still as good.

A good rapper can't disimprove especially when he was nice unless commercialization permeates him, IMO.

Alpha Centauri
Well i'm already astute on what and who I think is lyrically nice to me so no need to go to school. I know real music.

And I'm not sayin' all s*** from now sucks, i'm just sayin that i'm personally more into the stuff i listened to in the 90's cause to me, well it was the better hip hop era. And I've given stuff from now a chance to listen to, you know. I've listened to s*** from now, it's just that, that appeal just isn't there for me like it was in the 90's. I just don't feel it. Which is why I'm not into most of the stuff from now.

And what I thought is not flawed logic at all. It's only natural. Like for example, like i'm real nice at ball but there was a time when I didn't played for like year straight. But when I came back, thinking that i lost some of my game, I surprised myself cause I found out I was still as good.

A good rapper can't disimprove especially when he was nice unless commercialization permeates him, IMO.

Well yes, of course the manufactured aspect of music is ruining shit. Nobody denied that.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.