Maximum Carnage!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marcus4600
I wanted to collect some thoughts on this story arc that inspired the video game. I personally think that it and Venom vs Carnage were the two best arcs with Venom included. Can I get some more thoughts? And possibly some scans from the series, for those who never read it.

Next Venom_girl
I loved Maximum Carnage. The art was awesome and the dialogue was great (and often very funny). I thought it stretched on a little long and included WAY too many misc. hero cameos though.

chucktaylor
Great guest apps. by different heroes.

Bad story. Too overlong and overmade.

Great artists.

Again, too long and useless. It ould have been finished in issue #5 or 6.

Tekno Boy
Brilliant Game.
The story lost me a bit, but it was good.
Loved the soundtrack for the game.

Marcus4600
I honestly thought that such a long series helped develop Venom, Carnage, and Spidey a bit more, and it's something that Marvel had never seen before, and honestly hasn't seen since. I honestly thought it was an amazing series.

doctorstrongbad
I like long story arcs. I remember the executioner's Song Saga from the X-men was really long but was still good. I like when they can tell a story across different comics. smile

Marcus4600
Exactly. It's cool to see that more than 2 heroes thought it was a threat, and that New York was painted red by Carnage. I honestly wouldn't mind it happening a second time.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Exactly. It's cool to see that more than 2 heroes thought it was a threat, and that New York was painted red by Carnage. I honestly wouldn't mind it happening a second time.

I only found 1 prob with it, there were no power house's left in new york so many heroes but no thor or iron man or anyone, without them around it actuly made carnage seem like a major threat, i mean he would have lost so quick if even the thing was there. lol

Arahan
or the Sentry shifty

Sparkz
Originally posted by Arahan
or the Sentry shifty

yeah well that story aint out in england yet so i have to w8 b4 i can laugh at carnage then, 9still shudnt have killed him off tho)

DBZ MAN
What do you mean, caranage killed sentry ages ago. Like last year lol.

Sparkz
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
What do you mean, caranage killed sentry ages ago. Like last year lol.

Yeah I know, but it takes like 3 years for those storys to make it to england lol. Like currently here, iv just finished the spider-man stories bout ezekle, aint even gotten to the first upgrade yet lol. Luckily i can get some of these storys from a comic shop, but takes forever for them to publish them, either way it takes ages.

steverules
Uhm actually you can get evolve or die over here, I've seen the issues.

Sparkz
Originally posted by steverules
Uhm actually you can get evolve or die over here, I've seen the issues.

Well you have to have the neccasary comic shop in ur area, which i do not

Marcus4600
It sucks that Sentry beat him, but let's not forget that Venom has owned the Thing before, and the Hulk, and nearly Superman. Carnage is more powerful than Venom, even though Eddie is much smarter. Carnage is like the Joker on steroid, and twice as ****ed up. He's an awesome villain.

steverules
Even though carnage is stronger they still have times where for some reason venom is able to beat the living hell outta carnage.

DBZ MAN
Originally posted by Sparkz
Yeah I know, but it takes like 3 years for those storys to make it to england lol. Like currently here, iv just finished the spider-man stories bout ezekle, aint even gotten to the first upgrade yet lol. Luckily i can get some of these storys from a comic shop, but takes forever for them to publish them, either way it takes ages.

ahh you must get the panini comics 'astonishing' spider-man. i used to get them but only cos i couldn't find certain back issues. i'm from UK too btw.

steverules
I have a whole load of astonishing comics, it was my very first comic. I believe it was issue 64, the one with Hydra. Since then I have bought a whole load of comics and found numerous comic shops.

Sparkz
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
ahh you must get the panini comics 'astonishing' spider-man. i used to get them but only cos i couldn't find certain back issues. i'm from UK too btw.

Yeah I got all copies of astonishing, and a few books with a recent story arc in each 1, (its the only way i can get the recent stories, and those books take ages to come out to)

Marcus4600
Originally posted by steverules
Even though carnage is stronger they still have times where for some reason venom is able to beat the living hell outta carnage.

Well, they call Venom a psychopath, but I don't really buy that. The whole Hunger miniseries was a bunch of crap. However, Eddie has a better grasp on reality than Carnage, and is a hell of a lot smarter. Whenever he beats Carnage, it's usually because he out-wits him.

To go off on a tangent here, I do remember when Venom and Spidey first teamed to stop Carnage, and all they used were their fists. They held him off pretty well, but in the end Reed Richards and Johnny Storm saved the day, then Spidey turned on Venom, and Reed blasted him. I'm gonna be honest. When it comes to Venom, Spidey is an ass.

Marcus4600
OWN3D!

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by Marcus4600
OWN3D! Cool. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.