Kanye Christ...HAHA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewJERU
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/tahallah/jigaapicva.jpg

Love
It.

Phat J
praise the lord

jesus has finally come back to us

BOOOOOOO!!!

kanye stupid for this shit!

-hh-
yea i saw this. he's a stupid ass. i like how he promotes good stuff in his music (not all the time though stick out tongue) but this is just overboard.

Phat J
id be a little uncomfortable doing that, its definitely saying something.

i wonder if it was his idea.

NewJERU
I'm sure it was his idea.

Don't see too many Black people as Jesus Christ and only Kanye would be able to pull this off and get on a COVER of a magazine.

I'm down with it.

-hh-
controversy = $$$$$$$$

el_barto
I wouldnt really believe everything Rolling Stone says, "Battle Star Galactica- The Smartest, Toughest Show on Television"

D00m
See, Jesus is black.

NewJERU
Originally posted by D00m
See, Jesus is black.

Exactly.

lol

this the same nigga who's cosigning a white Christ some time back.

kanyeezy = confuzzled

koolruningz
KRS-one was right "Jesus Christ was black".

Refused
Who Cares. wink

-hh-
KRS-One once said "My nine milimeter goes BANG!"

i know it's not relevant but you know...krs is never wrong stick out tongue

NewJERU
Originally posted by #16
lol

this the same nigga who's cosigning a white Christ some time back.

kanyeezy = confuzzled

When was this?

"I ain't here to argue about his facial features"

Cinemaddiction
So, if Kanye is Jesus, and Jesus is God's son, then explain Nas....?

http://www.hiphopcongress.com/music/albums/images/nas/godsson.jpg

On top of that, supposedly, ODB is also Jesus, the "Big Baby" variety, but Jesus nonetheless.

http://scd.mm-b1.yimg.com/image/729330945

Deathblow
Nas does look strangely fetal in that pic for some reason yes

How can ODB be Jesus and Osiris?? This ''hip-hop'' thing makes little to no sense sad

Alpha Centauri
He's bi-curious.

-AC

Df02
i know he's overrated...

much like jesus's powers: http://media.putfile.com/familyguymagictrick

Alpha Centauri
He's basically hip hop for people who aren't smart enough or open-minded enough for the likes of MF Doom, Cage, Wu-Tang, Jurassic 5 (who I really like), Cannibal Ox and the like, but different enough and more smarter than your 50 Cent's and your modern-day Jay-Z's.

He's hip hop's Coldplay, basically.

-AC

Deathblow
That's a pretty accurate comparison in some ways, but unlike Coldplay, Kanye actually managed to make a decent second album.

He's certainly nowhere near as good as Cannox or Doom, but he is capable of making good music. Not as good as his sales figures suggest, but enjoyable all the same.

Alpha Centauri
I think he's got the odd good song. I don't like him enough to buy his albums though.

I think he's smarter in his interviews than in his music. Another person like that is Pharrell Williams. He's a very educated man as far as music goes, but then he's shit when it comes to things like perception. He believes there's "room for everyone" and he likes/works with some really shit people. Kanye is the same, he openly said he wanted to work with that stupid JoJo *****.

The impression I get from Kanye is that he's too self-absorbed to realise that while he's being ultra successful, the public are subconsciously playing him. He thinks he's doing what he wants, blazing a trail, but he's not.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
He's basically hip hop for people who aren't smart enough or open-minded enough for the likes of MF Doom, Cage, Wu-Tang, Jurassic 5 (who I really like), Cannibal Ox and the like, but different enough and more smarter than your 50 Cent's and your modern-day Jay-Z's.

-AC

People who are just getting into certain kind of music, or wanting to anyway, are not necesseraly stupid for not knowing the good bands/artists right away.

If someone was just getting into metal/rock/alternative, they woould most probably overlook many great bands, and get into shitty mainstream New Found Glory and Mudvayne type shite.

And if someone here was to ask something about Psychedelic Goa trance artists, I can bet you any money, they would pick the worst psycho trance they could possibly find - with absolutely no substance.

I don't see them as closed minded, or stupid, just not into it quite as much yet.

Perhaps so goes for Kanye - im not into hip-hop, but my housemate likes odd Kanye WEst song, and I liked some of what i herd. (while coldplay i do not like in any shape form or fashion - no song is good by them)

edit

Oh and that photo is just unimpressive, and unimaginative way to be contravertial or get attention.

Its not that daring - its been done before.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
People who are just getting into certain kind of music, or wanting to anyway, are not necesseraly stupid for not knowing the good bands/artists right away.

No, but for being so obviously sucked into the shit ones, when it's apparant that they are shit, says something about their perception of music.

If someone was just getting into metal/rock/alternative, they woould most probably overlook many great bands, and get into shitty mainstream New Found Glory and Mudvayne type shite.

That's only because they're just getting into it. If you aren't "just" getting into music and you think 50 Cent or modern-day Eminem are great representatives of true hip hop, you're stupid and ignorant.

I won't go mad if a 13 year old girl likes My Chemical Romance, but if a 28 year old woman, into music for many years, likes them and considers them to be a credible band, then yes, stupid choices.

And if someone here was to ask something about Psychedelic Goa trance artists, I can bet you any money, they would pick the worst psycho trance they could possibly find - with absolutely no substance.

Well, there being any good trance is debateable anyway.

I don't see them as closed minded, or stupid, just not into it quite as much yet.

Yeah, we differ there.

-AC

Deathblow
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I think he's got the odd good song. I don't like him enough to buy his albums though.

I think he's smarter in his interviews than in his music. Another person like that is Pharrell Williams. He's a very educated man as far as music goes, but then he's shit when it comes to things like perception. He believes there's "room for everyone" and he likes/works with some really shit people. Kanye is the same, he openly said he wanted to work with that stupid JoJo *****.

The impression I get from Kanye is that he's too self-absorbed to realise that while he's being ultra successful, the public are subconsciously playing him. He thinks he's doing what he wants, blazing a trail, but he's not.

-AC

I think it's because he hangs with Native Tongues (occasionally). Working with Common, Talib, Mos Def and Q-Tip must help to convince him he's ''alternative''.

I can't put my finger on exactly why I like him, he's certainly an above average producer/lyricist, but then again he's no El-P. He just has a sort of natural charisma and sincerity that appeals to me.

JacopeX
Originally posted by NewJERU

Love
It.
OH CRAP!!!!

Pickett died

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Deathblow
I think it's because he hangs with Native Tongues (occasionally). Working with Common, Talib, Mos Def and Q-Tip must help to convince him he's ''alternative''.

I can't put my finger on exactly why I like him, he's certainly an above average producer/lyricist, but then again he's no El-P. He just has a sort of natural charisma and sincerity that appeals to me.

Sincerity is a tough one. It's great to be honest, we need more honesty for sure. However, if you are honestly claiming you want to work with JoJo, it negates the honesty.

I liked his production, I was hyping him up way before a lot of people really knew him, then he decided "I know, I'll use a chipmunk voiced sample" and I realised it'd be THE most overused gimmick in hip hop aside from the shout out intro.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by NewJERU

Love
It.

He looks pretty stupid in that picture.

Afro Cheese
I like his song with Mos Def "Two Words" I think it's called. Besides that I don't really get into his stuff much, but he's decent I guess.Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC Perfect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.