Magneto vs Animal Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
ok blood lust is on both men want the other dead ASAP. who wins this my money is on Animal man.

grey fox
Wheres the fight taking place , marvel earth or dc earth

Sixth_Winged
hmmmm........i'm still thinking at the moment what kind of animal could possibly breach his shields. So far i have no luck.

supremthor
Originally posted by grey fox
Wheres the fight taking place , marvel earth or dc earth

the fight takes place inbetween words of both marvel and DC

Avalonofthewind
Technically, Mags is an animal, couldn't AM just replicate his powers?

demigawd
Interesting. Has that kind of logic worked before in AM's appearances?

grey fox
Originally posted by demigawd

No , but most of us theorise that as soon as AM steps on marvel earth he'll become the most powerfull humanoid in all of creation.........

demigawd
No , but most of us theorise that as soon as AM steps on marvel earth he'll become the most powerfull humanoid in all of creation.........

lol....because people in DC aren't animals, but people in Marvel are?

grey fox
lol....because people in DC aren't animals, but people in Marvel are?

No , consider this . Animal man takes the powers of NATURAL animals , supes isn't an animal he is an offworld alien and probably doesn't connect to the red , most Dc heroes don't have powers that occur naturally.

Marvel on the other hand has a veritable smorgasbord of powers to pick and choose from (with mutation being natural and all) Franklin richards , Charles Xavier , Erik Leshner , Apocalypse.... the list goes on .

demigawd
No , consider this . Animal man takes the powers of NATURAL animals , supes isn't an animal he is an offworld alien and probably doesn't connect to the red , most Dc heroes don't have powers that occur naturally.

Marvel on the other hand has a veritable smorgasbord of powers to pick and choose from (with mutation being natural and all) Franklin richards , Charles Xavier , Erik Leshner , Apocalypse.... the list goes on .

But what's a "natural" animal? Superman is a natural animal....just natural to animals on Krypton.

grey fox
But what's a "natural" animal? Superman is a natural animal....just natural to animals on Krypton.

True , but the red is only connected to earth.....

demigawd
That's interesting. Aren't the DC equivalents of mutants called metas? If so, there's a pretty sizeable population of them on DC Earth. No recollection of him using their powers?

Scoobless
That's interesting. Aren't the DC equivalents of mutants called metas? If so, there's a pretty sizeable population of them on DC Earth. No recollection of him using their powers?

In Marvel the mutant gene is referred to as the X-Factor gene.... and it's appearance in humans causes mutation.... these mutations seem to be completely random, and not part of the species as a whole

if the same is true of Metas (which it must be) then that would explain why he can't copy individual powerset just as he can't copy individual Wolves for slightly better speed or hearing, just the generalised "Wolf" powerset

Scoobless

not true... Kryptonians are genetically engineered

plus Superman's power comes from decades of exposure to yellow sun radiation

demigawd
Originally posted by Scoobless

Was Superman born or made?

And if Animal Man could become a Kryptonian, that would include the ability to absorb yellow sunlight for great power.

But I don't know how AM's powers work (species? genetic? superpowers only?), so I'm just speculating.

Scoobless
I heard his powers were magic based..... so maybe the original spell (or whatever) was specific to "lower" animal forms or non-humanoid animals

The Ion
He was born but Kryptonians undergo a ton of modification so to speak upon birth.

In Infinite Crisis, Animal Man did sync up with an animal lifeform though.

demigawd
Originally posted by The Ion
He was born but Kryptonians undergo a ton of modification so to speak upon birth.

In Infinite Crisis, Animal Man did sync up with an animal lifeform though.

An animal lifeform? Of course....isn't that what he does? Or did you mean something else?

The Ion
Damn. I meant alien lifeform. confused

Avalonofthewind

In all honestly, I have no clue. In the few animal comics that I had...he NEVER used his damn powers... mad

long pig
Was Superman born or made?

And if Animal Man could become a Kryptonian, that would include the ability to absorb yellow sunlight for great power.

But I don't know how AM's powers work (species? genetic? superpowers only?), so I'm just speculating.
His powers are basically this:

He can reach into the Red, and by instinct, know every single thing about every single animal lifeform that's ever lived in Earth's Red. He picks the power/ability of that lifeform that he wants, he doesn't have to take all of it, just what he wants. Like the flying ability of a hawk without the feathers or hollow bones.

He actually CAN take alien animals, as seen in IC#4, he said "I don't know what animal this is, but it shoots electricity out of it's face!" after taking the power of the nearest animal....which was an alien.

His powers are magic/alien based, it's unsure what it was but it wasn't technology.

Sixth_Winged
I'm not dissin AM or anything but ......How in God's green earth could he take the flying ability of a hawk and fly without wings?

And also, can he target specific individuals or not just a specific kind of animal(generally speaking).

demigawd
Can does that include abilities native to the species or to the specific animal? That goes a long way towards determining whether he can actually copy superpowers of mutated individuals.

Juntai
Can does that include abilities native to the species or to the specific animal? That goes a long way towards determining whether he can actually copy superpowers of mutated individuals. Until he does it, he can't, for all intensive purposes. And personally, he's better off that way. And don't anyone give me that, we've never seen Superman punch out Lois so it must mean he can't crap either.

demigawd
lol. Oh so I'm not the only person who hates that logic, huh?

Juntai
lol. Oh so I'm not the only person who hates that logic, huh? In few cases a similar method is warranted, but some people use it to back stupidity.

R.O.T. Yahman

I don't want to be a complete geek, but Genetic engineering is just artificial mutaion !

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I'm not dissin AM or anything but ......How in God's green earth could he take the flying ability of a hawk and fly without wings?

And also, can he target specific individuals or not just a specific kind of animal(generally speaking).

Magic !!!!!!!!!! smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I don't want to be a complete geek, but Genetic engineering is just artificial mutaion !

and mutation isn't specific to a species in general, each mutation is different (in Marvel.... most of the time)..... so there's no reason to believe he can copy those abilities, unless and until he actually does it...... which would just make him another Amazo/Super-Adaptoid/Duplicate Boy/Gideon/Fury type character.... and there are too many of them as it is

R.O.T. Yahman
and mutation isn't specific to a species in general, each mutation

Nor is G.E. ! you can take any polypeptide coded in any speices, and put it into any other ! smile

Juntai
and mutation isn't specific to a species in general, each mutation is different (in Marvel.... most of the time)..... so there's no reason to believe he can copy those abilities, unless and until he actually does it...... which would just make him another Amazo/Super-Adaptoid/Duplicate Boy/Gideon/Fury type character.... and there are too many of them as it is Exactly why I said he'd be better off without.

demigawd
Nor is G.E. ! you can take any polypeptide coded in any speices, and put it into any other ! smile

F'kin geek!

*speedblitzes Yahman's and takes his lunch money*

Scoobless

yeah... that's what i was saying

you said: GE = Mutation

i said: Mutation = non-specific to species

meaning: GE = non-specific to species

and as far as i know, Animal Man can only take the general abilities of "lower" animal species, not individual-specific abilities of animals within those species

R.O.T. Yahman
F'kin geek!

*speedblitzes Yahman's and takes his lunch money*

# yahman gives money, and takes Demi's homework and proceeds to do it for him #

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.