Did Luke become the Jedi Anakin could have been?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Council#13
We all know that Anakin did destroy the Sith, along with most of the Jedi, therefore probably bringing balance to the Force, but Luke is thought to be the most powerful Jedi. Anakin could have become the most powerful Jedi, but turned to the Dark Side. So did Luke become what his father could have become?

Ushgarak
Just to make this point clear again- destroying the Jedi had NOTHING to do with Balance- in fact, that simply made the Balance much worse.

Restoring balance was about destroying evil, which in turn was about destroying the Sith, simple as that.

The implication at the end of the films is that Luke will indeed become the Jedi Anakin should have been. In the EU, rather controversially, Luke becomes all that and then some, and then some more, and then way too much.

Council#13
Oh, I see

kingkman
I don't think Luke becomes any more powerful than Anakin would have. Did Lucas say that?

ArthasKnight
I think it's a question based more on opinion than official confirmation.

I'd say yes, but EU aside. EU, NJO especially from what I've heard, make Luke some sort of uber-god that destroys everything with a mere thought. But I would say that Luke turned out as Anakin would have had he stayed on the light path.

Dark Aristokrat
I personally think the EU botched what the ending of ROTJ showed. Luke submitting to Sidious, and then later embrace a neutral view of the Force was just way out of character.

Tangible God
I hate NJO for its view-point of Luke. I hope he's killed off in a new book, he's getting out of hand.

But then he'd just come back to his son as a ghost, and make HIM an uber-Jedi/God.

Lana
NJO turns Luke into friggin' Goku from DBZ.

Tangible God
God, THAT'S who I was thinking of! Super-Uber-Saiyan Goku 4!

kingkman
Does anybody here actually think of Luke as a good lightsaber duelist? I was just wondering because though he is incredible in terms of force power, I have never imagined him to be good with a lightsaber.

Dark Aristokrat
The words "Swing, battah battah battah" come to mind.

kingkman
How do you even know how good the Yuuzhan Vong were at dueling compared to the PT jedi.

Lightsnake
We've seen Luke....really improve. He's ditched that 'gray' view and the balance was only about the Sith....the hutts, the murderers, pirates...those guys are still around

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.