The next Bat babe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadin
First it was Vicky, then Selina, then Chase, then an unknown that didn't really have much of a part or point, then Rachel. My question is who's next? Rachel wasn't even in the comics at all she was created by the director, so is he going to do it again and place a new character again? Will we be seeing ras al Gul's daughter, or will Shiva make an enterance.

In my opinion I don't think there should be a bat babe again, why is it that every movie there must be an infatuation makes it look like a james bond spin off; he's got the gadgets and so on hejust doesn't wear a suit. It's a waste of time, be inventive, there doesn't always have to be a damsle in distress for the dark knight to leap into action, why not have him just working on a dark case, a kidnapping of a child or a series of murders with robers and badits and cover ups. You know somthing truely dark and real so that the audience can relate and understand. Not turn it into another girly flick, it should be for both. so if your going to put a babe in, which it's obviosu that there willbe, let it be one that isn't an infatuation.

What do the rest of you think?

Mišt
I dont think Nolan will turn that way.....as you said, its not James Bond. He might introduce a new character to add a bit of interest, but Rachel has been set up already, and it would be a waste to push her character aside and start someone new.

Honestly, it wouldnt bother me much if Rachel did disappear. The end of BB left their relationship kinda crappy....unless Bruce does something in the next flick to push it up a bit, its kind of a dead cause..so I wouldnt mind seeing a new chick, as long as it wasnt new chick, after new chick, after new chick....

As for a dark case with kidnapping etc, thats why the movies have police. We saw at the end of BB, Gordon was already working on a homocidal maniac...Joker. So as far as we know, its just some nut with a gun, but of course it isnt, thus Batman gets involved. Im sure he would help out something if the cops had trouble, but movie wise, would you sit and watch 2 hours of Batman looking for a lost kid, or stopping a bank robbery? Its gotta have a bit more kick to it.

shadin
I completely agree, as you have probablly heard; Katie Holms won't be returning to the sequal, so that means either a new actress will play Rachel if she does appear in the squal or Rachel is a no show completely, which really makes the first movie really pointless seeing is everything that was done was because she was involved.

As for the Joker, I think the movie would be better off without wasting scenes by adding in a potenial love interest.

roughrider
If there is a Catwoman in the future, I want Lauren Graham to play her.

Knightfall93
Let's all shout for a regular babe! A Selina, a Talia or a Rachel! How about someone does a "Bat Babe" poll? I'll dop it...

NoFate007
I don't think Lauren Graham is sexy enough for Catwoman.

http://www.celebrity-pictures-world.com/pics/l/lauren-graham/lauren-graham-005.jpg lol

I'd go with Kate Beckinsale.

http://indecentes.iespana.es/fondos/kate_beckinsale/wallpaper_kate_beckinsale_6.jpg

But I only want Catwoman to be in the third film. Instead of having a love interest in the second film, I think that section of the film should be replaced by a Harvey/Bruce friendship.

Knightfall93
Ow, Kate Beckinsale is HOT! She definitely is hot enough to be selina...

NoFate007
The way I look at it, Catwoman has to be these things:

1. Sexy
2. Can kick some ass
3. Long hair (preferrably black, but we saw that blonde can work given the actress)
4. A good actress
5. A bit dark and mysterious
6. Someone you wouldn't want to fight, because you can sort of fall for her

So Beckinsale:
1. C'mon now, look at the woman. She's a load blower lol
2. She's been in Van Helsing and 2 Underworld films, where we've seen that she looks awesome in tight black leather, and can handle herself in action sequences.
3. Spoken
4. Beckinsale's a really good actress, one of the few around here that can change roles. Look at Julia Roberts...she plays the same person in almost every movie, but Beckinsale's done Underworld vs Pearl Harbor lol
5. She's got something going on there. I'm sure her eyes would be quite seductive when her face is partially covered up.
6. She's a cutie lol. She looks like the type that you could argue with, and that arguing just makes you want her even more.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by shadin
First it was Vicky, then Selina, then Chase, then an unknown that didn't really have much of a part or point, then Rachel.

I agree she had no role in Batman & Robin...but Elle McPherson as Julie Madison are both pretty famous names. McPherson is one of the most famous models (Sports Illustrated). And Juile Madison was Bruce's first girlfriend.

I guess the focus was on Uma Thurman as Ivy, anyway.

Knightfall93
I think I remember a girl friend in it... but I hate that film. i mean, George Clooney looks nothin' like Bruce! NOTHING

Cascador
I think Jessica Alba would be good, altho she's a bit young...
who would be great as catwoman, angelina jolie! lol

shadin
Hey I agree with that, but I see her more of a wonderwoman rather than a catwoman.

Cascador
nah, she has a serious sneaky look which suits more with catwoman than with wonderwoman...

SpyCspider
^agreed. Jolie could do well. She's already in action films so suiting up as Catwoman shoulnd't be too hard.

Catwoman has to be feisty. That's why Michelle Feifer stole that role in Batman Returns. She's got a mean streak as seen in her other movie roles (Scarface, What Lies Beneath, Grease2 hahahah). She's gottabe hot and hot tempered.

NoFate007
I don't like the idea of Jolie being in it. For a character who's appearance relies so heavily on her lips showing, I think Angelina's are too huge, and it would look weird under the mask.

Knightfall93
Kate Beckinsale! Kate Beckinsale! i wanna see that hot Kate Beckinsale get the part... and how about the rumours of Rachel Weisz as Talia?

NoFate007
I don't think they'll be doing Talia. I think the Weisz thing is just a combination of "she's popular now" and "Talia has a shot at being in the sequel", so people start speculating and passing stuff around.

Knightfall93
You may be right but Goyer or Nolan hinted at Weisz and a "character strongly linked with a Begins cahracter coming and seeking revenge" or somethin'...

NoFate007
Where was this? I haven't heard of it yet.

Knightfall93
Possibly I saw on batman-on-film.com

Knightfall93
Or movies.ign maybe... i've looked at loads lately...

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by Cascador
I think Jessica Alba would be good, altho she's a bit young...
who would be great as catwoman, angelina jolie! lol

Oh no not her ...

I hate angelina jolie!

Knightfall93
Alba: not a good CW. She wouldn't wanna be type- cast with F4 also...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.