Parent Licensing Board

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
You need a license to fish.
You need a license to get married.
Should a license be required to have children?

Qualifications: the emotional and financial resources for proper child care. This does not mean a global or national policy, necessarily; could be quite local. Put aside, for the moment, the logistics of enforcing such a law or what to do with offenders. Purely theoretical: is this a good idea? Would this help prevent cases like Lisa Steinberg or Nixmary? Or is this "God-given right" off-limits to any kind of legislation whatsoever?

Discuss.

Alpha Centauri
I think it's quite possibly the best licence there could be.

There are simply people out there who do not deserve children for one reason or another, or simply shouldn't be allowed them.

-AC

Storm
When I think about the rules and guidelines that are imposed by different adoption agencies on adoptive parents and the challenges they need to overcome, sometimes coping with a failed adoption, then I can' t rule out the possible establishment of such a license for everyone.

Ushgarak

Mišt
What would they do if you broke your licence agreement? Force an abortion?

soleran30
Licensing then allows for more laws to come in and dictate action and recourse. In theory it might sound nice but in reality it's shit.

I realize you just posted some licenses like fishing for example to illustrate this however fishing license means you need someone to police it, rules and fines if you break it etc etc..........more rules don't make for a better society. Better defined and clearer SIMPLE rules make for a better society.

Anyway it is certainly interesting however in practice I would hope this would get burned before it even HOPED to get anywhere near a legislative committee

Bardock42
I sure hope not.

tabby999

allofyousuckkk
i personally think that it laws are unjust. All of them. Ok, I don't know how to word this, so it's gonna sound weird. My thoughts are, if we get to vote for this law(parent licensing), and i can be a good dad, but i dont think the license is neccesary, and the law is passed, y should i get one? Why should someone put rules that i have to follow. We are all equal, and even if your outvoted, why should you have rules? We should be able to decided EVERYTHING for ourselves. Although of course, there'll be a bunch of ****tards who screw it up, so............................it doesnt matter. (im not saying we shouldnt have laws, it's just something ive always thought about)

in short: we follow rules that we neccesarily didn't help make or decide on, yet we ahve to follow them.

I know my post makes no sense.

And on parent lisencing, it should be done(this is contradicting my last rant), although people would f*ck up and have kids by mistake, and then not want to give them up ifthey aren't suitable to be parents. Or the people who are deciding they are suitable could be assholes.......ehhh..........ignore this post......

Echuu
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
I know my post makes no sense.

Well at least you are past the denial stage.

Skynard
I'm having to think on this, it depends, all if you have a baby, if you don't have the needs to take care of it, you'll probably give it to someone, also a License would be good I suppose. I'll just ponder about this.

Ladyluck
I don't think it would work. How would they prevent people from having children? Perhaps they could pay for vasectomys and such, but who would provide the funding? And what if someone were to have children without this licence? Would they be forced to get an abortion? Or would they have to put it up for adoption? Adoption agencies would be over-flowing with babies. Once again, who would pay for all this? I really don't think this would work.

K.Diddy
You will proberly need a licence to go down on your girl when she is on her rags in the future.

redcaped
You can handle kids but not adults. A person becomes an adult at any age, from the moment they think to need something and try to get it by themselves with no help. The legal nonsense is 18-21 but many things already happened before, proving that this regulation is wrong so the law becomes "a must" not a convenient thing. This is my part to offer on this thread, no need to create my own that might look alike. As for yours, it is important to have a law controlling birth, but a private law (each individual) or our own principles. If we believe we don't live safe we shouldn't have children. This should be a great support for the next generation, making it with better positive attitude. It is good to dare believing there is a chance. Are you able to give good descriptions? That is all from me here. Please do continue without me. Oh, almost forgot my best part for you kindly. In some countries where everyone seems not to live well they have no options but to keep life normally or leave the place for good. In this case people are not to blame rolling on floor laughing bye.

Fire
tough call imo, in a lot of ways I agree with Storm it is unlogical that we impose such strict rules on people who want to adopt but no rules on people who get a baby. On the other hand licenses would create the problem of what to do when ppl without a license have a kid.

Ushgarak
It would be forcible adoption, and a case could almost certainly be made that this would cost less then the current system.

GCG
Originally posted by tabby999
instant removal of child after birth? i dont think they would make them terminate the kiddo though

Probably have the kid adopted the mother neutered and the father castrated in a new world order society.

Seriously, even with the requirements DAVID LYKKEN says, being above the age of 21, self-supported and married, there would still be no guarantee of upbringing the child in a proper manner.

How many adults meeting those requirements have enough money to pay for a house and foot the bills ?

Unless the parent is born in a wealthy family and has it all sorted out, parents are still going to have to spend a considerable amount of time at work rather than with their child, that is if the argument of time with the family is valued.

Hit_and_Miss
hmmm.... It sounds like a good idea... but what about people who are all ready unfit to be parents? would there kids get taken off them straight away???

this knida radical thinking tends to evolve other ideas though... Now you have made sure the parents are perfect... would they not want a perfect child? (gene tampering and what not..)

Mindship
(The following post is brought to you mainly for venting purposes...)

Everytime I read in the paper about some mother who abused/tortured/killed her kids, I think: Poster Parent for Mandatory Sterilization.

(You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled posting.)

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I think it's quite possibly the best licence there could be.

There are simply people out there who do not deserve children for one reason or another, or simply shouldn't be allowed them.

-AC

well here's a first but I agree totally.

And KDiddy why you havent been banned for posting such utter crap on a regular basis is beyond me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.