The Land of Shambhala. Ancient City or Myth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
In your own opinion what is it?

A lost ancient city?

A state or mind?

Myth?

A place of spiritual energy?

For me Shambhala is everything that is above. What'd you think?

debbiejo
A myth or lost city possibly.

So, I voted lost city, cause who knows.......

WrathfulDwarf
In Western Culture Shambhala can be consider the long lost Garden of Eden.

debbiejo
I'd have to read about it...I don't know that much about it...Seen some movies though.

Though for me the garden of eden is more metaphorical of spiritual energy infusing with solid form. Tasting the tree of knowledge and death would be the human form. and no longer eating from the tree of life would symbolize leaving the essence of what they were.

Storm
I believe the idea of Shambhala has an inner meaning.

debbiejo
You didn't vote Storm...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Atlantis001
It seems to be a metaphorical thing, but possibly it could be a lost city.

Storm
Voting is not an obligation.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Storm
Voting is not an obligation. We'll here in the US it's a privilege..... wink

WrathfulDwarf
You can also argue that Shambhala is a long lost city where there is a portal to the spiritual world. Is all up for grabs.

lil bitchiness
Oh, I love this thread! Thanks WD for bringing this up! happy

I heard about Shambhala while back, but I was never really into it, as all info i had about it i was either told from people or randomly searched internet.
I think hearing about it from a Tibetian thought Buddhist monk would be a great experience.

As far as Shambhala and its physical presence goes, i am not sure if it was the way it is usually described as being. I believe it has a deeper meaning. Whether it was a city or not, I can't say either way - im pretty indecisive about it.

I do believe there has to be something to it - metaphorical or literal.

markie
Originally posted by debbiejo
A myth or lost city possibly.

So, I voted lost city, cause who knows....... Like atlantis. and other so called lost cities.

markie
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Oh, I love this thread! Thanks WD for bringing this up! happy

I heard about Shambhala while back, but I was never really into it, as all info i had about it i was either told from people or randomly searched internet.
I think hearing about it from a Tibetian thought Buddhist monk would be a great experience.

As far as Shambhala and its physical presence goes, i am not sure if it was the way it is usually described as being. I believe it has a deeper meaning. Whether it was a city or not, I can't say either way - im pretty indecisive about it.

I do believe there has to be something to it - metaphorical or literal. It's a hindu myth http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=2006010800370800.htm&date=2006/01/08/&prd=mag& Buddha Shakyamuni first gave it to the ruler of the mythical kingdom Shambhala at Palden Drepung (in Tibetan) or Shri Dhanyakataka of ancient India.

finti
shambhala my lord shambhala
shambahala my lord shambhala....................... the follow up to the successfully Combaya

Arachnoidfreak
It sounds like a food.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.