Overrated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wuTa
i know i'm gonna get nothing but hate in this thread, and it might even get deleted, but Lord Of The Rings was the most overrated trilogy i ever seen in my life.....it was like an over the top version of Willow

DanieLs_4_Ever
Underrated if you ask me. no expression

DarkWizard
'Willow' cannot be compared to LOTR. If you want to compare Willow to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, than why don't you just throw every other Fantasy Movie and story along with it. Willow was thought up of years, and years, and years after Lord of the Rings was Written by J.R.R. Willow is a good movie, but it's an alternative piece of shmidt compared to The genius that is The Lord of the Rings. You should also take the time to back up your opinion with more examples than just 'it was like an over the top version of Willow'.

So if you dislike it, I suggest you read the books. Then come back with a valid opinion.

wuTa
read the books??...thats just crazy talk. if i had the time i might consider it, but i don't so i'll just critic the movies, which were predictable and extrreeeeemly boring...honestly, if you couldn't predict who the king was half through the 3rd flick than you should never graduated second grade, in almost every scene you could predict what was gonna happen, there was no twist, the only good acting was done by viggo, i'll give jackson credit, he did a good job directed it, and i'm sure he tryed to bring the books to life as best as he could but shit, he coulda cast some good actors or threw in a twist

Willow sucked by the why, but Legends was an awesome sci-flick

DarkWizard
Originally posted by wuTa if you couldn't predict who the king was half through the 3rd flick than you should never graduated second grade, in almost every scene you could predict what was gonna happen

Most of the people who were atrracted to the film had read the books. And if they read the books that the adaptation was based on, they might know what's going to happen! eek!

You're right. That's why he casted actors like:

Sean Astin
Ian McKellen
John Rhys-Davies
Andy Serkis
David Wenham
and Sean Bean

roll eyes (sarcastic)

fini
VIggo was the best actor there?????UH UH

Sean Astin was excellent, and so was Ian McKellen

And smartypants its an adventure epic, there are no plot twists. They stuck( mostly) to the book. End of story. Sheesh
And if you cant find the time to read the book, after alll this time, then you should take you and your lazy self and **** off!!!!!!

lol the regs in here knew that was coming......

Darkman87
But Sean Bean acted greatly compared to the others because he had a lot of actions till death.

wuTa
Originally posted by fini
VIggo was the best actor there?????UH UH

Sean Astin was excellent, and so was Ian McKellen

And smartypants its an adventure epic, there are no plot twists. They stuck( mostly) to the book. End of story. Sheesh
And if you cant find the time to read the book, after alll this time, then you should take you and your lazy self and **** off!!!!!!

lol the regs in here knew that was coming......

right-o..ok maybe if you ever stop masturbating to lord of the rings you would get a girl to **** off for yourself eek! ..if you cant take some criticism on your overrated flicks without throwing a fit than maybe you should have your juicebox BEFORE you signon, some of us have lives, thus the lack of time to read books, sean astin sucked more balls in that role than your last post and ian mckellen is a great actor but far did anything special in that role, and of course you won't be able to take this since it has negative aspects on something you so patheticly charish, and you will end up replying with some lameass post with your panties in a knot

Captain REX
Originally posted by wuTa
read the books??...thats just crazy talk.

Therefore, your argument is moot, and no one should heed anything you say in this thread. wink

right-o..ok maybe if you ever stop masturbating to lord of the rings you would get a girl to **** off for yourself eek! ..if you cant take some criticism on your overrated flicks without throwing a fit than maybe you should have your juicebox BEFORE you signon, some of us have lives, thus the lack of time to read books, sean astin sucked more balls in that role than your last post and ian mckellen is a great actor but far did anything special in that role, and of course you won't be able to take this since it has negative aspects on something you so patheticly charish, and you will end up replying with some lameass post with your panties in a knot

Did you come in here just to bash? I suggest you bite your tongue, wuTa. That was uncalled for. While she didn't need to tell you to **** off, the rest of her post was accurate: Vigo, Sean, and Sir Ian did excellent work (most of the actors did), there are no plot twists because that wasn't the goal of the writer, they stuck to the book, which you are too lazy to read.

Meanwhile, the rest of your post is basically 'Please hit me because I like to insult people.'

Have a nice day.

ESB - 1138
LotR is not overrated. If anything they are just that good and then some. You don't need twists to make a movie good if anything they told you Aragon was king in the Fellowship of the Ring. LotR did not focus on plot twists more on making the characters have better parts then the books.

ESB - 1138

And the actors of Star Wars were just so great. Don't you have the PT to complain about?

Eis
i know i'm gonna get nothing but hate in this thread, and it might even get deleted, but Lord Of The Rings was the most overrated trilogy i ever seen in my life.....it was like an over the top version of Willow
Agreed I find both the books and the movies utterly boring.

Smodden
Originally posted by DarkWizard
'Willow' cannot be compared to LOTR. If you want to compare Willow to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, than why don't you just throw every other Fantasy Movie and story along with it. Willow was thought up of years, and years, and years after Lord of the Rings was Written by J.R.R. Willow is a good movie, but it's an alternative piece of shmidt compared to The genius that is The Lord of the Rings. You should also take the time to back up your opinion with more examples than just 'it was like an over the top version of Willow'.

So if you dislike it, I suggest you read the books. Then come back with a valid opinion.

Dark Wizard...cry
Your avatar and signature are so beautifulweep

wuTa
Originally posted by Captain REX
Did you come in here just to bash? I suggest you bite your tongue, wuTa. That was uncalled for. While she didn't need to tell you to **** off, the rest of her post was accurate: Vigo, Sean, and Sir Ian did excellent work (most of the actors did), there are no plot twists because that wasn't the goal of the writer, they stuck to the book, which you are too lazy to read.

Meanwhile, the rest of your post is basically 'Please hit me because I like to insult people.'

Have a nice day.

thats total bull, i never bashed or insulted anyone in here unless they insulted/bashed me 1st.....all i did was state my opinion, and if your gonna respond with an opinion on why you like the trilogy so much than great, thats why i started the thread, but dont sit there and critic me on how i'm bashing people when i've done nothing by state my opinion, they coulda casted puppets and jackson would did just as good as job if he directed it, it might have even made it less boring, but than again thats just my opinion

Originally posted by Eis

SHAZAAM!!!!!!

Originally posted by ESB - 1138
And the actors of Star Wars were just so great. Don't you have the PT to complain about?

i never said anything like that, thats just pure speculation on your part

fini
HEy dummy I am a girl, sheesh. Again why does everyone automatically think i'm a guy????

Ok i was wrong to tell you to **** off, but dont come and bash a movie about a book that was done pretty ok ( yes LOTR aint perfect, but its good enough) when you haven't even read the book!!!! And not having time to read a book is total BS, its just that people waste all their free time online nowadays. And before u say anything, I do find time to read books...... when i'm not working, taking care of housework, and doing work for my degree.

And plus PJ wasn't all that good, he completely ruined some scene, if only he had stuck to the book for some!!!!

ooooo can i hit him now??? puhlease!??!?!?!?!?!

ESB - 1138
And plus PJ wasn't all that good, he completely ruined some scene, if only he had stuck to the book for some!!!!

I have to disagree here. If Jackson stuck to the books making the movie would be impossible because of all the information the books give out it would be impossible to cover it all so Jackson had to change some scenes and make them come in earlier (Shelob's Lair was in the Return of the King in the movies but in the books it was in the Two Towers) in order to make the movie understandable.

wuTa
HEy dummy I am a girl, sheesh. Again why does everyone automatically think i'm a guy????

Ok i was wrong to tell you to **** off, but dont come and bash a movie about a book that was done pretty ok ( yes LOTR aint perfect, but its good enough) when you haven't even read the book!!!! And not having time to read a book is total BS, its just that people waste all their free time online nowadays. And before u say anything, I do find time to read books...... when i'm not working, taking care of housework, and doing work for my degree.

who's bashing?...i never once bashed the movies, i didnt they say they suck or even that they weren't worth seeing, all i said was that the movies are overrated, read the thread's title...apparently you can't take an opinion that goes against the "norm" without blowing your top and YOU start the bashing...good for you, you read some books, i'll go buy some scratch N sniff stickers and you can have the cherry one

DanieLs_4_Ever
Well someone without 99% utter mental retardation would know that "People with Lives" can still have time to read books. In fact it's quite a good form or entertainment, and LOTR is BY FAR one of the best books out there! You're probably just to jacked up on getting out and involving yourself into some drugs and alcohol and calling that a life. Now I may be wrong on that last part, but still; you're basically saying that people who read have no lives.
Lord of the Rings is by far one of the best trilogies in the history of film-making, whether or whether not you think so. Your opinion sounds final, but I, and probably everyone else in this thread do not care. I think you just started this thread to start up some action and bashing and fighting considering you could've replied to an already made post and stated your opinion just as well as creating a new one for the hell of it. Agree or Disagree with me people, but I think PJ did EXCELLENT. End of story.

ESB - 1138
In the words of Albert Einstein:

Imagination is greater then Knowledge,
Knowledge is limited,
Imagination makes the world go round.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Eis

no expression

As for WuTa, I suggest you stop the arguing while you are ahead. It will just lead to more trouble.

fini
trouble trouble trouble!!!!!

hmmm, i think its time I head to bed, lol

wuTa
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Well someone without 99% utter mental retardation would know that "People with Lives" can still have time to read books. In fact it's quite a good form or entertainment, and LOTR is BY FAR one of the best books out there! You're probably just to jacked up on getting out and involving yourself into some drugs and alcohol and calling that a life. Now I may be wrong on that last part, but still; you're basically saying that people who read have no lives.
Lord of the Rings is by far one of the best trilogies in the history of film-making, whether or whether not you think so. Your opinion sounds final, but I, and probably everyone else in this thread do not care. I think you just started this thread to start up some action and bashing and fighting considering you could've replied to an already made post and stated your opinion just as well as creating a new one for the hell of it. Agree or Disagree with me people, but I think PJ did EXCELLENT. End of story.

lol your post made me laugh smile...where do you get off accusing me of drugs when once again its nothing but pure assumption, and speculation again, jeezus....people like you accuse me of starting this thread just to bash or start shit when your post spews nothing but utter ignorance of the EXACT same thing, and to make an even more ironic, i never did any bashing, take a look in the mirror and you'll see pure perfection of hypocrisy

ESB - 1138
lol your post made me laugh smile...where do you get off accusing me of drugs when once again its nothing but pure assumption, and speculation again, jeezus....people like you accuse me of starting this thread just to bash or start shit when your post spews nothing but utter ignorance of the EXACT same thing, and to make an even more ironic, i never did any bashing, take a look in the mirror and you'll see pure perfection of hypocrisy

You believe the movies are overrated and I shall respect that. But the Lord of the Rings are my favorite movies/books and I for one am glade to see the movies on the big screen.

Fëanor
i know i'm gonna get nothing but hate in this thread, and it might even get deleted, but Lord Of The Rings was the most overrated trilogy i ever seen in my life.....it was like an over the top version of Willow OTT version of willow? hahaha...not likely, but you're entitled to your opinion of the film i suppose. but after watching both movies...i'm trying to figure out who in LOTR is Mad Mortigan???

Eis
Originally posted by Eis
I don't know if anyone got it. I was being sarcastic... my humour isn't exactly normal I guess. wink

LotR isn't the best thing in the world but good books and entretaining movies.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Well, again with your ...slowness...I said that I didn't fully mean that, it was just a possibility. I mean, considering you say people that read have no lives, that's just plain out low right there.
And I am NO hypocrit. And sorry to tell you, I guess you wouldn't understand what bashing is, therefore you think that you have done no bashing. WRONG!

shaber

wuTa
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Well, again with your ...slowness...I said that I didn't fully mean that, it was just a possibility. I mean, considering you say people that read have no lives, that's just plain out low right there.
And I am NO hypocrit. And sorry to tell you, I guess you wouldn't understand what bashing is, therefore you think that you have done no bashing. WRONG!

there's also a possiblity that your an idoit, but you don't see me public exploring it, because if i did, it would be consider bashing, and since your so keen and update on modern bashing why don't you point out where i did some bashing and i'll bet i could show that what you consider bashing, i consider a "possiblity'

DanieLs_4_Ever
read the books??...thats just crazy talk. if i had the time i might consider it, but i don't so i'll just critic the movies, which were predictable and extrreeeeemly boring...honestly, if you couldn't predict who the king was half through the 3rd flick than you should never graduated second grade, in almost every scene you could predict what was gonna happen, there was no twist, the only good acting was done by viggo, i'll give jackson credit, he did a good job directed it, and i'm sure he tryed to bring the books to life as best as he could but shit, he coulda cast some good actors or threw in a twist

Willow sucked by the why, but Legends was an awesome sci-flick Originally posted by wuTa
Two full paragraphs, "idiot."

wuTa
wow, if you consider the 1st one to be bashing than your even dumber than i thought, there is no bashing involved in the 1st one whatsoever, just because you dont agree with it, or don't like it, you consider it bashing, how pathetic, and about the 2nd paragraph, i do admit there is some form bashing in there, but thats because it was provoked, that was response to quote that had nothing to do with you or anyone besides the person i quoted, but you being your hypocritical self, you don't mention anything about me being bashed, its ok to for people to bash me, but i cant rebut it, i normally laugh at the face of ignorance, but if i did that in your case i would probaly throw up sick

lothlorien.elf
You know what? **** you. If you dont liek LotR and if you dont like the thread, then dont click on it. Dont open the threads. It's that simple. If you dont appreciate the greatest trilogy of the past decade, then that is your call but you have no right to come onto a fan post and start insulting them for no reason. Just go and shit on another thread if you really must. Heres an idea ... make your own website. Nobody wants to here your garbage, so pick it up and leave. Thank you and have a good day.

~veronica

lothlorien.elf
this is probbly ur idea of entertainment, but its not. If you know that all your going to get is hate and resentement for starting this stupid thread, then why start it? Its that simple...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.