SPOILER!!!:Spiderman/black cat evil that men do-this is big

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Okay so, the last issue of kevin smith's Spider-man/Blackcat series came out today and the reprucussions are HUGE. so, discuss

The new Mysterio is actually a semi-mutant/third species character named Francis Klum who is the brother of Garrison Klum-a drug dealer/millionaire philanthropist also known as Mr. Brownstone. Frances has teleportation powers similar to nightcrawler and is using the mysterio costume and gadgets (which he purchased off of Kingpin for $10 million) to seek revenge against Spider-Man and Black Cat for what he views as their betrayal. Basically he intends to lull them into a false sense of security (since the original, quentin beck, was a pathetic joke who killed himself after losing to daredevil) at which point he'll "teleport his fist into spidey's brain". He's not to happy with Daredevil either.
EVEN BIGGER REVELATION-Felicia Hardy's motivation for becoming the Black Cat wasn't following in her father's footsteps, it was an incident where she was date raped her freshman year in college but was killed in a car accident before she could murder him in revenge. She felt that revenge was stolen from her and began to fill that void by stealing from others!!!

Marcus4600
Whoah. That's, amazing. I'm gonna go buy that right f-ing now!

Arahan
Well I already knew that stuff, but thx again for the summary big grin

Darth Jello
discuss, don't be a smartass. productive, you know

Arahan
I was born as a smartass smile

I think its a good idea to make this guy a new villian, but why Mysterio? Even without Mysterio gimmicks he has enough powers.

Fox Summers
What's with all the raping/sexual encounter retcons lately?
Gwen Stacy had sex with Norman Osbourne (erk!), Sue Dibny was raped by Dr. Light, now (Spoiler!)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Black Cat was raped in college? Geez.

Arahan
Sex sells....whatever wacko

Darth Jello
mysterio works perfectly. If you read Guardian Devil (the extermely well written daredevil story kevin smith finished), you'll realize what a pathetic bastard quentin beck really was and why Klum's mysterio diguise is a perfect way to convince spider-man and black cat that he's not a significant threat (I mean Beck's last crime before trying to drive daredevil nuts/killing himself was a retirement home insurance scam!!!)

SpyCspider
crap....i just spoiled it for myself

d*mnit

botcherby
totally awesome, I knew about black cat thing from #4 tho...

I can't wait to buy the trade I remember reading the pretty damn funny #1 on WebMarvel

Darth Jello
now if only Smith would finish the target...

Lord Magnus
Bring back Quentin Beck, fools!

Marcus4600
Well, Quentin Beck was only good for laughing at. I'm glad he's gone. Finally, Mysterio can be taken a little more seriously. That's actually a pretty good switch.

Darth Jello
Beck's last crime was HUGE tho.

doctorstrongbad
That sounds like there may be a plot twist in the future. We will have to wait and see.

chucktaylor
Marcus, Beck was Mysterio. Period.

Every Spider-Man fan knows that Beck is the only person that can pull off the Mysterio persona.

His crimes were great and astonishing, like when he tormented Daredevil, made Spidey thought he was crazy, and not to forget when he made his own TV program to make Spider-Ben think that NY was being run by crazy Christmas characters.

Quentin Beck is Mysterio, and he forever will be.

Marcus4600
Yeah, but he also did some pretty goofy stuff as well. I mean, he basically gave himself cancer through the materials he used. When I think Mysterio, Beck will be the name that will come to mind, Like Eddie Brock and Venom, and Norman Osbourne and the Green Goblin. However, I don't think this will be a horrible turn for the character, but we'll just have to see.

chucktaylor
Agreed.

But to clear things up, he didn't know he would get cancer with his gadgets.

Darth Jello
And Klum doesn't want to be mysterio, as soon as it's convenient, he'll ditch the costume and kill spider-man, black cat, and Daredevil

Spideys Sister
This is so disturbing. But true. Felecia's to much of a prim rich girl. She needs some hell.

Arahan
like other girls around laughing

Spideys Sister
I've got hell. I'm Spideys Sis. It screams hell, but seriously. Like MJ in the issue where she follows Peter to France. She stepped in puppy poo. Ew. But still.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.