the next Legacy Of Kain game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Bak'or
What will it be about?? Discuss smile

thegmeister53
I'm not sure if they're even making another one. Amy Hennig, the maker of LoK, left after Defiance. But Eidos did announce that at least one more would be produced. big grin

And is it just me or are we the only two LoK fans on this board?

Arahan
Defiance sucked die hard. the camera view is horrible. I stopped playing the game after I became a headache because of the camera view. Why did they change it,
Soul Reaver 1 and 2 were great games.

John Bak'or
hmm true they better take back the camera from sr1 and 2

thegmeister53
Other than the camera, it was terrific.

John Bak'or
yeah but the combat was kinda repetitive. i want more combos and flawless telekenisis, where u can throw the enemy around as you please (like second sight) and not just shove them into particular areas and off the edge

thegmeister53
Really? I found that there were a variety of awesome moves you could do depending on your locatino like when you're in the air you can blast them into you, hit them a couple times, and then chuck them into a wall. It was so bad ass. Plus, even if the combat was bad and repetitive, I would still play just for the excellent story. Too bad about Raziel. sad

Phat J
lol, locatino

i only played the first one, that was a sick game. going back and forth from the real world and the spirit world was cool shit. impaling people wasnt too bad either. smile

Lord Ryugen
I hadn't heard any rumours about a new LOK game coming out. I've played everything excepth the first Blood Omen so I'm quite intrested.

John Bak'or
ya poor raz he was cool. and yes u could pull off different combos but at an expense of time. the extra combos were just for style and it didnt help. it seems to be always jump slash kick away and repeat.

thegmeister53
Originally posted by Phat J
lol, locatino

i only played the first one, that was a sick game. going back and forth from the real world and the spirit world was cool shit. impaling people wasnt too bad either. smile

laughing I just realized what I wrote. And there is no such thing as a bad game where you can impale people. stick out tongue

Also does anybody else ever have trouble putting together the story to lok?

John Bak'or
no not really not after i looked at the dark chronicle

thegmeister53
No, I mean the time-traveling aspect of it. I sometimes get confused about what part of history is changed, who dies when, etc.

Lord Ryugen
I had some trouble at first but I think I've got it down now.

John Bak'or
i dont tend to have trouble with that kind of information. i just think that way.

Lord Ryugen
My real problem was placing Kain's creation and actions in the first game, since I never played it I've only got the converstaions between the characters in later games and the Dark chronicle to looke up.

thegmeister53
Originally posted by John Bak'or
i dont tend to have trouble with that kind of information. i just think that way.

John, you're so humble. stick out tongue

I was lucky to find this faq before I bought it that outlined the entire legacy of kain series. This guy's name is well earned. He knows pretty much everything there is to know about lok. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/legacy_of_kain_plot.txt

On another note, can anyone explain to me how Raziel killing vampires would allow the wheel of fate to continue?

John Bak'or
easy, the vampires where drinking the blood of mortals and since they cant 'die' their souls do not go to the elder. in SR1 the elder offered a deal to raziel. revenge for special services. if all the vampires died their souls will go to the elder and life will continue for humans, just vampire free. that way the wheel of fate will then continue. u must remember at this time there was more vampire populace and human.
does That help?

John Bak'or
hmm

John Bak'or
hmm?

thegmeister53
Sorry, I've been away for awhile. Yeah, that helped. My problem was that I was looking at it the wrong way. I thought that the Elder God meant that even when they die the vampires don't return to the wheel of fate, but it really meant that they just wouldn't die. Janos also made it more confusing because he said that the Hylden separated them from the wheel of fate. Thanks man.

John Bak'or
np. now, about the new game that is sure to come out???

thegmeister53
They haven't even announced a title. I don't know about you, but we should have heard at least a title by now. sad

MadMel
yeah thats kinda weird.

thegmeister53
Somebody's trying to take us for a ride. shifty

samishe
What you think guys? Me, my bro and Rasiel

Alpha Centauri
I thought Blood Omen 2 was so extremely fun and enjoyable but I've never got over the fact that they makers (I believe Crystal Dynamics?) always wuss out and make it so that you have to drain the blood from distance.

It'd be much more fun if you had to grab them and bite.

-AC

MadMel
yeah that was kinda weird, but it probably was to follow the soul reaver "sucking souls" thing

thegmeister53
I also enjoyed Blood Omen 2 more than most people. It was my first LOK game so it's very dear to me. sad

Samishe, I love the picture. laughing laughing

samishe
Originally posted by thegmeister53
I also enjoyed Blood Omen 2 more than most people. It was my first LOK game so it's very dear to me. sad

Samishe, I love the picture. laughing laughing

Thanx! big grin

MadMel
yeah that looks awsome.

MadMel
BUMP i hate having to bump threads. its so.....

thegmeister53
so......

robbyalp
Btw, who's seen the ign article with the top 10 worst video game haircuts?
Raziel is in it! Oh noes!

MadMel
ive seen it. that was the sr1 raziel haircut. ign could have cut him some slack, its was the freaking ps1 for glaving out loud.

MadMel
MAJOR BUMP
i felt like reviving this..i miss the discussion laughing out loud
anyways..i have a major confession to make..
i havent acutally played defiance, all that crap i said on the first page was based on what a friend told me..sad
i bought it today on ebay..

Burning thought
there must be a next legacy of kain game, i wanna control kain some more, especially with all his badass powers

the next game needs tonnes more combo's, all the spells from all the games that Kain has and some extras, also obviously a new graphics engine, they need to really make use of the new technology nowdays for physics, also a system where you can cut limbs off and become a bit gory, needs to come out on Xbox 360, PS 3 and PC, it needs definatley to make good use of all the graphical tech

also another interesting idea would be to be able to make a Free roaming LOK experiance, you can play as some of your fave chars such as Raziel, Kain, Yanos and perhaps some others like Vorador and then give them a special level up system, depending on blood and such, a bit ike the vampire lore stuff in Blood omen 2, combined with awsome graphs and physics and what i said above, also an evolution system for vampires, especially kain, he evolved every 100-200 years i think it is, it could be shown in the game and allow him to gain his wings eventually, extra strength and power, id love to have a Kain with tonens of spells, mega strength flying around and blasting the asses of hundreds of Sarafan or such big grin

add the timestreaming device also so you can go through time and mess around in the past, pres, or future

Barker
Originally posted by MadMel
What will it be about?? smile
Kain, hopefully.

no expression

MadMel
Originally posted by Burning thought
there must be a next legacy of kain game, i wanna control kain some more, especially with all his badass powers

the next game needs tonnes more combo's, all the spells from all the games that Kain has and some extras, also obviously a new graphics engine, they need to really make use of the new technology nowdays for physics, also a system where you can cut limbs off and become a bit gory, needs to come out on Xbox 360, PS 3 and PC, it needs definatley to make good use of all the graphical tech

also another interesting idea would be to be able to make a Free roaming LOK experiance, you can play as some of your fave chars such as Raziel, Kain, Yanos and perhaps some others like Vorador and then give them a special level up system, depending on blood and such, a bit ike the vampire lore stuff in Blood omen 2, combined with awsome graphs and physics and what i said above, also an evolution system for vampires, especially kain, he evolved every 100-200 years i think it is, it could be shown in the game and allow him to gain his wings eventually, extra strength and power, id love to have a Kain with tonens of spells, mega strength flying around and blasting the asses of hundreds of Sarafan or such big grin

add the timestreaming device also so you can go through time and mess around in the past, pres, or future
your forgetting the most important thing...THE WII..it'd be so bloody simple to control the sword slashing with the remote, and the TK with the nunchuk big grin ..also, the free-roaming and timetravelling is an awesome idea...for travel he can use his wolf and bat forms...but no evolution, i dont like that idea, and no tonnes of spells either, he already has enough..erm..i would love to see kain using his agility a lot more seeing as he and ras hve the ability to jump walls with ease...not prince of persia style jumping 'left then right then left again' kinda thing, more like in SR2 when raz tries to jump kain in the chronoplast...i also want some more sneaky manipulative stuff that mobius was infamous for...he was an awesome character..

well done big grin..

MadMel
hmm...i was suposed to get defiance today mad..

MadMel
i know your out there LOK fans....i can hear you breathing erm..

Sam Z
Yep, we are here. And I pray that in the next game (if there will ever be one) they'll make camera move behind the characters like in previous games...

Spearhead
What killed Defiance was being limited to just the Reaver. Aerial combos were nice, but it still got old quickly.

Bring back the spears. Those were cool.

MadMel
they seem to suit you, spearman stick out tongue..
the other thig i didnt like was the puzzles, especially voradors mansion, they were so long and...and.....boring...the only good ones were the ones when you fought 2 guardians at a time..i think they were the water and earth reavers..apart from that, and the camera it was a sweet game..
what id like in the next one (plzplzplzplzplzplzplz) is for it to be on the wii...the controls would be so damn awesome, using the remote as the sword and the nunchuk for tk...slam them into the ground, then spin them to make em dizzy, then throw them into a spike evil face...then drink they're blood....also, id like to see kain picking people up with his bare hand and throwing them, as well as tk..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.