Bishop vs. Cyclops - H2H only...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
Bishop takes on Cyclops in the danger room in a strictly h2h match. No powers allowed, at all. (so Bishop's not allowed to absorb the kinetic energy from Slim's hits)

Who wins...?

Fox Summers
I think Bishop would kick the crap out of Cyke, sorry to say.

Sixth_Winged
Cyclops would judo toss his ass and w/o ke absorbing, it would definitely help. He's a friggin black belt in Aikido and Judo and has held his own against wolverine before without the much favorable futuristic data Bishop has against wolvie.

outarddwarf
BISHOP

FistOfThe North
Mutant Bishop wins

Sixth_Winged
Does anyone ever read the first post nowadays?

GODSCRIBE
Cyke took down Logan in h2h, Bishop will share the same fate.

GalacticStorm
Bishop

peejayd
* with accord on the stipulation, Cyke wins...

* with kinetic absorption, Bishop wins...

* with full access of powers, it can go either way, i still vouch for Cyke for his battle instincts...

King KAM
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Cyke took down Logan in h2h, Bishop will share the same fate. P-I to the S

brainchild81
I'm not sure about that, Slim's got skills and in a battle he's about as smart as Cap. Dude stays in the Danger Room & you know somebody like him wants to be prepared just in case he's unable to blast his way outta trouble. Have you seen the pix of him fighting blind? I haven't seen too much of Bishops h2h skills. I think Slim has this.

long pig
Cyclops is an underrated monster at h2h, just below cap and just above Wolverine.

brainchild81
Extremely underrated LP. Wolvie knows more styles than Slim, but doesn't seem to use them very often 'cause he can take so much punishment. & the fact that he's emotional when fighting Cyclops(He really doesn't like Cyclops) is something a tactician like Cyclops will always take advantage of.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
Cyclops is an underrated monster at h2h, just below cap and just above Wolverine.

Rubbish!! Based on what? Thats completely unfounded wink

GalacticStorm
I hope this match youre all talking about isnt the one during that lil Proteus saga?

grey fox
Probably cyke...man i hate him.....

GalacticStorm
Bishop relies more on his physical prowess and has more impressive martial arts showings overall. Cyclops is not better hand to hand than Wolverine. Thats ludicrous. Throwing Wolverine when he leaps at you is not evidence of that. That is an example of Wolverine under-estimating Cyclops martial prowess and paying for it. Either way Wolverine is better than both of them as per his comic showings overall and his bio rating. As for this match id give the edge to Bishop.

grey fox
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Bishop relies more on his physical prowess and has more impressive martial arts showings overall. Cyclops is not better hand to hand than Wolverine. Thats ludicrous. Throwing Wolverine when he leaps at you is not evidence of that. That is an example of Wolverine under-estimating Cyclops martial prowess and paying for it. Either way Wolverine is better than both of them as per his comic showings overall and his bio rating. As for this match id give the edge to Bishop.

But if we go by his bio rating , then he's some sort of samurai bad-ass.....

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox
But if we go by his bio rating , then he's some sort of samurai bad-ass.....

Which he has shown himself to be many times in the past. wink

brainchild81
Bishop relies more on his physical prowess and has more impressive martial arts showings overall. Cyclops is not better hand to hand than Wolverine. Thats ludicrous. Throwing Wolverine when he leaps at you is not evidence of that. That is an example of Wolverine under-estimating Cyclops martial prowess and paying for it. Either way Wolverine is better than both of them as per his comic showings overall and his bio rating. As for this match id give the edge to Bishop. Any scans of Bishop in h2h fights?

grey fox
Which he has shown himself to be many times in the past. wink

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight whistling

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by brainchild81
Any scans of Bishop in h2h fights?

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/7240/096ox.th.jpg

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2701/106gf.th.jpg

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/7662/116ti.th.jpg

GalacticStorm
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight whistling

Either youre not well versed in the subjects material or you have something against the character. Either way Wolverine in his own ongoing title, his various minis and appearances in X-related titles has proved himself as an exceptional martial artist. Hence his rating in the official handbook. If you havent read enough of the relevant material then thats your problem. In such a case you should be open to such a notion considering his rating as opposed to dismissing it based on the poor showings you've seen.

However this is not the place to have this debate, if you wish to recive an education on the matter then start the thread.

grey fox
Either youre not well versed in the subjects material or you have something against the character. Either way Wolverine in his own ongoing title, his various minis and appearances in X-related titles has proved himself as an exceptional martial artist. Hence his rating in the official handbook. If you havent read enough of the relevant material then thats your problem. In such a case you should be open to such a notion considering his rating as opposed to dismissing it based on the poor showings you've seen.

However this is not the place to have this debate, if you wish to recive an education on the matter then start the thread.

No i understand he has superior skill in martial art's , it's just most people take it to the extreme as if he can deal with anyone with his MA abilities.....

GalacticStorm
No i understand he has superior skill in martial art's , it's just most people take it to the extreme as if he can deal with anyone with his MA abilities.....

Well given his skill level he can deal with almost any street level opponent with his martial prowess alone. If people make out that he can take out beings above that category based on just his skills then that would be wrong. Either way its silly to let what are so obviously the deluded claims of fanboys turn you against a character. sad

TheKahn
The problem with Wolverine is that he is the most inconsistant martial artists in the MU. With his age and experience, he should be on of the top MA guys out their but he rarely seems to use them.

In this fight I have to go with Cyke. He did take out 6 guys with his eyes closed. I don't mean to knock Bishop, but I haven't seen a feat as impressive from him. I've seen the scans before on some site but can't seem to find them. I'll post them if I find them.

Cosmic Cube
Bishop, obviously. He would absorb all of Cyclops's attacks. Yes, even his punches and kicks. Bishop owns Cyclops.

grey fox
Either way its silly to let what are so obviously the deluded claims of fanboys turn you against a character. sad

Not just the fanboy's but the writers. I believe the straw that broke the camels back was Wolverine surviving a Nuke.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Bishop, obviously. He would absorb all of Cyclops's attacks. Yes, even his punches and kicks. Bishop owns Cyclops. Read the 1st post in the thread please.

Cosmic Cube
Read the 1st post in the thread please.
embarrasment

brainchild81
It's OK

GalacticStorm
Not just the fanboy's but the writers. I believe the straw that broke the camels back was Wolverine surviving a Nuke.

There was a debate about this and some scans were shown. I heard it wasnt actually a nuke.

grey fox
But back to the main point , cyclops is pretty good in H2h from what i have seen (which isn't a lot , i hate the damn x-men comics....) it's just ignored when placed next to his power.....

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by TheKahn
The problem with Wolverine is that he is the most inconsistant martial artists in the MU. With his age and experience, he should be on of the top MA guys out their but he rarely seems to use them.

In this fight I have to go with Cyke. He did take out 6 guys with his eyes closed. I don't mean to knock Bishop, but I haven't seen a feat as impressive from him. I've seen the scans before on some site but can't seem to find them. I'll post them if I find them.

The 6 guys were just civilians, thieves to be exact. There was nothing special about them at all. So while thats impressive its hardly reason enough to give him the match over Bishop.

TheKahn
The 6 guys were just civilians, thieves to be exact. There was nothing special about them at all. So while thats impressive its hardly reason enough to give him the match over Bishop.

If I tried to fight 6 elderly midgets while blindfolded, I would lose. Cyke doesn't have any enhanced senses like Wolverine or Daredevil, and to me beating any 6 people without opening your eyes makes you a badass.

GalacticStorm
If I tried to fight 6 elderly midgets while blindfolded, I would lose. Cyke doesn't have any enhanced senses like Wolverine or Daredevil, and to me beating any 6 people without opening your eyes makes you a badass.

See thats the thing. Id find it a bit more impressive to if i didnt know about Cyclops enhanced senses, his "unique inborn talent for spacial geometry" But fortunately i do wink

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5804/theuncannyxmen124105lk.th.jpg

His enhanced senses allowing him to be instinctively aware of the relative positions of objects in his surroundings. That explains his performance when blindfolded.

TheKahn
See thats the thing. Id find it a bit more impressive to if i didnt know about Cyclops enhanced senses, his "unique inborn talent for spacial geometry" But fortunately i do wink

His enhanced senses allowing him to be instinctively aware of the relative positions of objects in his surroundings. That explains his performance when blindfolded.

Or just a cheap explination of why he never misses. But you made a good point thumb up , I've heard of that ability but just didn't think of it.
Still I'm tempted to go with Cyke on this one. The two black belts have to count for something

brainchild81

His enhanced senses allowing him to be instinctively aware of the relative positions of objects in his surroundings. That explains his performance when blindfolded. Not really. He had to train in blind fighting specifically.

GalacticStorm
Not really. He had to train in blind fighting specifically.

His inborn ability has been refined by training. Read the scan. That ability he has explains why Cyclops could do what he did in that scene. Its not just skill its also mutant ability. The evidence is there laid out for you.

stormfront13
how many showings does cyke have from h2h? hardly any. why does everyone think he is such a good fighter? i mean he says he is in comics but do we ever see him? so could someone provide scans of him actually fighting someone good and winning?

brainchild81
His inborn ability has been refined by training. Read the scan. That ability he has explains why Cyclops could do what he did in that scene. Its not just skill its also mutant ability. The evidence is there laid out for you. Maybe his inborn ability is somehow connected to his eyes being open. Read what he says here Kicking @$$ with my eyes closed

TheKahn
Maybe his inborn ability is somehow connected to his eyes being open. Read what he says here Kicking @$$ with my eyes closed

Thanks, I've been looking for that big grin
He also says that he is using his other senses to fight (thanks to training from Wolverine) not nessarily his "spacial awareness"

GalacticStorm
Maybe his inborn ability is somehow connected to his eyes being open. Read what he says here Kicking @$$ with my eyes closed

As stated his inborn ability allows him to instinctively know the relative position of objects in his surroundings. That is how he is able to strike all of the objects in one strike without seeing them all.

Thanks, I've been looking for that big grin
He also says that he is using his other senses to fight (thanks to training from Wolverine) not nessarily his "spacial awareness"

Well he has the inborn ability and thats canon. Its not something he can just turn off. It never stated that he wasnt using the ability, it said Wolverine taught him to use his other senses in addition to just his normal ones. So either way you cant say he wasnt using the ability. wink

TheKahn
Does anyone have any h2h feats of Bishop? Even without his spacial awareness Cyke does have a lot of martial arts training, I'm not sure what Bishop has.

GalacticStorm
Does anyone have any h2h feats of Bishop? Even without his spacial awareness Cyke does have a lot of martial arts training, I'm not sure what Bishop has.

But apart from that dubious piece of evidence (which arguably is more attributable to his inborn abilities than his h2h skills) what impressive martial arts showings have you got for Cyclops?

I'll have a look tonight, see what i can dig up.

TheKahn
He is suspose to have black belts in judo and aikido, as well as training from wolverine and other x-men. Given the nature of his power, I doubt that there are too many h2h feats with scott out there. Most mutants just use their mutant powers.

brainchild81
As stated his inborn ability allows him to instinctively know the relative position of objects in his surroundings. That is how he is able to strike all of the objects in one strike without seeing them all.

Well he has the inborn ability and thats canon. Its not something he can just turn off. It never stated that he wasnt using the ability, it said Wolverine taught him to use his other senses in addition to just his normal ones. So either way you cant say he wasnt using the ability. wink You also can't say he was using the ability wink It's still quite an impressive feat. I still think Slim takes this.

GalacticStorm
He is suspose to have black belts in judo and aikido, as well as training from wolverine and other x-men. Given the nature of his power, I doubt that there are too many h2h feats with scott out there. Most mutants just use their mutant powers.

The same applies to Bishop, but on top of that he's studied ways to take out all of his team mates as well. Its very debatable however i'll come back to you when i muster the energy to get together some scans wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.