Ludo Kressh versus Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Aristokrat
Setting: Dantooine, in a field.

Rules: All force powers allowed, all items and weapons specific to the parties involved. No PIS, no outside interference, and no BS.

overlord
Darth Maul is a newbie, that's my contribution..

Darth Traya
Is this meant to be a fight? wink . Kressh WTFpwns Maul so hard it just isn't funny.

Maul is a vastly inferior Sith compared to Kressh, end of story.

Dark Aristokrat
No, I'm actually curious to see what people say. Ludo hasn't really been featured in fights before, so I figured I'd start him off slow and see everyone's reasoning. If this fight seems to lopsided, add Count Dooku to help Maul.

Darth Faunus
Logically, Kressh should curbstomp Maul, considering he practically stalemated Naga Sadow. And if Maul manages to close the distance and gain a possible melee speed advantage, Kressh'll be able to defend himself or try and physically overpower Maul until he can get a second to "pinch off a nerve in his brain".

Dark Aristokrat
I would pay to see a Sith Lord just nerve-pinch someone.

Anyways, considering that Ludo broke his Sith Sword with his bare hands, his physical strength is absurd. I think he can batter Maul badly. Like I said, let's add Dooku.

Darth Traya
Then they both get WTFpwned, Kressh smashes them into several, gooey pulps.

Dark Aristokrat
lol!

If I add Yoda?

Darth Traya
Then they all get separated into several, gooey, red and green pulps.

Dark Aristokrat
lmao!

So what do you see as a viable challenge to Ludo Kressh?

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
lmao!

So what do you see as a viable challenge to Ludo Kressh?

Exar Kun? Maybe Revan, perhaps with Malak's help?

Darth Traya
*Trumpet Blare*

His Imperial excellency, his most gracious excellency, his most beloved and royal excellency, recent winner of the "Lightsnake fanboy award of excellence", recent writer of the book "The Emperor's struggle with his face - why you really should not allow your sorry ass to be kicked on the ground by a stupid Jedi", recent winner of the "OMFGWTFPWNEDMYFACEISLEATHER!!!111" award and ruler of one the most notorious empire's in Star Wars history, give it up for:

DARTH SIDIOUS!

Dark Aristokrat
Alright. Darth Maul, Revan, and Malak versus Ludo.

Darth Traya
Hmm, I'd probably say that they still lose.

Darth Faunus
I think they stand a chance here. Maul would still get tossed away fairly quickly, and unless Malak can stay on his feet, Revan would eventually be defeated by Ludo. But if Malak manages to survive Ludo's initial assaults, he and Revan might be able to work together with enough collusion to get an opening. And considering Revan was able to use Ajunta Pall's blade without immediately going insane, as far as we know, atleast, he's obviously very. And I believe he had a good few trinkets himself from his tomb raids.

Dark Aristokrat
Ludo versus Kun?

Darth Faunus
Long fight. I see someone getting a hole blown through them.

Dark Aristokrat
I agree. Ludo is pretty cocky, too. I can imagine him underestimating Kun.

Illustrious
I actually saw Ludo as being much more humble than Naga Sadow, but pride is a Sith trait if anything, so I could see that.

Really I don't see much in this thread that would challenge Sadow other than Ludo vs. Revan, Malak, and Maul and Ludo vs. Kun. The former would be fun to watch, the latter a long battle with a lot of magic being waved around.

In his fight with Naga, he swung a "klunk"ing sith sword with speed enough to get blur marks and afterimages. He later completely shatters a sith sword with just his bare hands, and then causes giant statues to crumble with a clench of his fist. In those three feats alone, he demonstrates physical strength, skill with a blade, and force prowess, not to mention he was one of the top sith in the empire.

Lightsnake
IS this even a fight? Kressh'd crush Maul like a bug....with revan and MAlak though...they could conceivably take him down...I never saw Ludo as a particularly smart person...

I'm not sure Yoda would go down so easy, that little guy is tough

Dark Aristokrat
Hm. I'd forgotten about the statues. Ludo is pretty uber.

Lightsnake
In fairness, Ludo was....just pissed beyond belief there....I really wish they didn't totally demean poor Ludo with his horrible death...and that chin, dear lord that chin

Dark Aristokrat
They all had those chins. Pharoah'esque.

Lightsnake
Naga had a normal chin, and even by Sith standards, look at that thing Ludo had....I was never too impressed by the ancients personally. KJA's biggest problem is he tries to advance other characters by making others morons

Dark Aristokrat
I can't say I totally share that view, but Sadow DOES have that chin. It's just covered with a beard.

Lightsnake
It doesn't stick out like a violin, though...

Seriously, the Sith shouldn't be TRICKED into going to war....Naga only comes across as competent because everyone else is so stupid, Exar is only portrayed as falling because everyone's a moron!...the Dragons, honestly...

Arca: You're a moron, go away
Exar: I'm getting help from Freedon Nadd, dammit!
Arca: You do that.

Dark Aristokrat
Well, the comics didn't allow for a whole lot of plot build up either. Your average TOTJ comic is what? 40 pages if that? I'd like to see them put into book form.

Lightsnake
I point you to John Ostrander....he has 32 pages to work with and manages to make you feel for a character who existed for maybe five panels....

Dark Aristokrat
Well, some of the old Marvel comics in the early nineties had incredible character development and dynamics, with believeable problems and personas. So yeah, KJA might not have done a lot with what he had, but it's better than nothing. I personally think that timeframe needs to be elaborated upon though.

Lightsnake
OF course it does, but give it to sean Stewart, Stover or someone who had do it instead of KJA who somehow thinks 4 star destroyers are enough to threaten the galaxy

Dark Aristokrat
I'm all in favor of Sean Stewart or Barnes. Luceno would be excellent. Stover I don't care for.

Lightsnake
Luceno's only good when he's following someone else's work...at least we're getting a Bane novel soon

Nice to talk to you out of a debate btw....I don't take personalities there to how you'd be in an amicable conversation

And I actually really like that sig, very funny, but terrorist Dooku was better

Dark Aristokrat
I thought the sig was appropriate, especially since every time I went into the thread to post a reply, there were three other ones from other people covering everything I had wanted to say. That doesn't often happen, so I'd just add "QED".

And I was loathe to get rid of the Terrorist Dooku sig, but I'll make another one eventually.

Lightsnake
Shame, shame...

Basically, on this Bane novel, btw: We learn about bane from his childhood to his Sith Lordship.

Like I said: I really don't dislike you guys at all. You're a very nice, cool gorup so long as we're not in heated debates

Dark Aristokrat
Debates are warzones. It's like the Eastern Front, 1943. There are no sacred targets.

Anyways, I like the idea of a Bane novel, but what I'd really appreciate would be some more cohesion from the EU canon policy. Leland Chee says that scripts and novelisations are a step above EU in canon, but he neglects to mention that they oftentimes contradict the movies themselves (Which are the highest form of canon). In particular, I have the ROTS script and it's vastly different from the movie in a lot of ways.

And then there's the issue of "Does the canon policy neccessarily favor movies over the EU?" And the answer to that is certainly yes. How does that effect us here? It makes this hard to agree upon. EU itself isn't properly policed. GL himself admits he has nothing to do with it (Which makes even his words have little effect on EU as a whole. Unless GL comes out and says that no one can be stronger than Anakin in EU, people are invariably stronger than Anakin. He does not create nor police anything there, hence his words have no meaning when applied to the EU beyond the movies.) But I'm getting off track.

The EU policy needs reworking. Things need to specifically be put into order, and some things need to be laid to rest (Such as, does person A stack up against Person B? There are significant gaps missing not in history, but in characters and their powers.)

Lightsnake
Leland's view there seems to be things that DON'T contradict the movies are in, so character motivations, histories and the like're in.

And that the EU isn't policed wreaks havoc....we see character and power mutilation, everyone's portrayed them different, it's madness.

But on the Bane novel, it should shed light on the Brotherhood of Darkness, which is great

Dark Aristokrat
And that period of time, which is sounding pretty interesting. They've beat the PT/OT era to death.

Lightsnake
Yeah...we may see how Kaan lost his mind, too. Personally I want to see more on Kopecz, he was damned interesting

Dark Aristokrat
Well, I think Luceno will do a good job. Just look at The Cloak Of Deception.

Lightsnake
Yeah, but Luceno does seem to be good when picking up for someone...when he tries to interject his own idea, he can succeed or fall flat on his face.

...wow, are we having a real conversation?

Dark Aristokrat
Nope. It's VIRTUAL.

lol

Lightsnake
Are we having a real online conversation?!?!?!

And seriously, I liked Kopecz....very cool dude.

Dark Aristokrat
I barely remember him. I never owned those comics, just had a few scans. I also didn't have any from the Freedan Nadd uprisings.

Lightsnake
Can ANYONE find FNU? Kopecz was the fat Twi'lek Sith, who was the ex-Jedi....actually made a calculating decision to join Kaan because he felt the Sith had the chance to make a more secure galaxy.

His resigned reaction to the thought bomb was great

Illustrious
I've got FNU and a few other of the TOTJ. I believe IKC has all the ones about Exar Kun.

Character development in the TOTJ comics aren't the best, but it's pretty easy to see that they try to portray guys like Kressh and Sadow as uber.

Darth Faunus
For that ToTJ book idea you guys brought up, I'd have to give it to Barnes or Luceno, definitely. A cohesive effort would be nice, too; I can't imagine what they'd be able to do together.

Lightsnake
ISsue is: Sadow is only so smart because everyone else comes across as a fool...Ludo had practically no dignity and his hideous death made me double take

Illustrious
No doubt, most of the Sith are just portrayed poorly, and there's so much PIS it got a bit difficult to read at points.

Lightsnake
I mean, honestly...if you want to bring Ludo back, don't make Naga look like a moron for blowing en EMPTY decoy up....and don't kill Ludo off in a page...

Lightsnake
Oh, apparently: We learn about Bane's childhood...

Dark Aristokrat
That can't be good. He's like the Michael Jackson of the Sith, really.

Lightsnake
Well, he's definitely got some issues against kids...though it's probable he was raised as a Sith.

Dark Aristokrat
Hm. I was about to say something, but that wouldn't be very PC.

Lightsnake
Oh, go right ahead....Bane seems to always be killing kids for some reason

Dark Aristokrat
Which is disturbing. Almost makes "The Crystal Star" seem like a Lifetime special.

Lightsnake
Hethrir was worse than Bane. Bane just KILLED the tykes...Hethrir just molested them

Big Gerald
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Setting: Dantooine, in a field.

Rules: All force powers allowed, all items and weapons specific to the parties involved. No PIS, no outside interference, and no BS.

Really good thread, Janus Marius. I say Ludacris takes this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.