Spidey's New Abilities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Well now that it's over, let's go over his enhanced and/or new abilities. (As the story is still progressing, there will likely we more powers that are revealed later that we have no knowledge of now).

1) Enhanced Speed
He's a lot faster than he used to be. As he described it, it's like going around with weights your entire life then one day having them removed.

2) Night Vision
He can now see in complete darkness. Although it appeared to be more of a black & white view than a color view.

3) Organic Webs
This was an upgrade he recieved shortly before his rebirth. They're produced/secreted from his wrist.

4) Enhanced Spider-sense
It reacts to more than just danger around him now, and can reach out to a further range than it used to. Spidey was leaving out of a door and Tony Stark wanted him to stay. As Stark came up from behind to put his hand on Parker's shoulder, Peter quickly ducked underneath Tony, swung around him, and did a leg sweep on Stark. Peter apoligised and said the whole thing happened on pure instinct.What Tony was about to do didn't register as danger, but he still knew it was coming and his body just reacted. Later from across town he could "feel" that something was going down at the Avengers Tower.

5) Stingers
He now has two retractable stingers about a foot each that come out of his are the same spot his webs now come out of. As of this moment, it's unknown if they can inject any sort of neurotoxin.

6) Adheasive Back
In a similar fasion to the way some spiders carry their young on their backs, he can now place something on his back and have it stick there with the same degree of strength that he sticks to walls.

7) Vibration Sensitivity
He can descern things about his environment from vibrations in his webs. He spun a web within a collapsed building, sat at the center of it, and could detect from the vibrations through the web what was going on throughout the various floors of the building.

8) Skin and Hair Sensitivity
While inside a collasped building with no visible way out, the hairs on his body were sensitive enough to feel the air moving around him and traced it to a small opening which led out of the rubble.

9) Spider ID
Somehow he can now identify every species of spider he sees.

Well, those are the confimed abilities thus far, but then again it's only been two issues since he emerged from the cacoon. There are also the speculative new abilites.

1) Enhanced Strength
Very little data to support this theory at the moment, but it wouldn't be surprising.

2) Enhance Healing
He's always healed a great deal quicker than normal humans, but no where nearly as quick as Wolverine or Hulk. With all the battles he's been in, any doctor examining him could tell he's been in numberous fights. When he was examined after he emerged from the cacoon they found that his body was completely healed and showed no signs that he'd EVER been injured in his whole life. Even his tonsils were back again. This has some people wondering if his healing ability has been upgraded as well.

The uniform that Iron Man is designing for him will have a few "extras" as well. More updates as they are revealed.

Arahan
good work man

There are some interesting powers added.
Especially the feeling powers. Spiders really have such enhanched touch sense.

H. S. 6
Nice work on the thread. wink

Good stuff. I love to see the ole' webhead upgraded. big grin

goldendartkilla
question: didnt spidey always have ability #6 ? or is that something new?

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by goldendartkilla
question: didnt spidey always have ability #6 ? or is that something new? You're half right. His ability to stick to objects covered his whole body, but was mainly concentrated in his hands and feet. Now his back's "stickiness" (is that even a real word) is just as strong as his hands and feet. Hmm, maybe I should have described it as an enhancement.

NoFate007
It'd be logical to give him the strength and healing upgrades. Hell, why not?

Arahan
I can see the die hard spidey fans complaining about the new powers..
ruining spidey, the character etc.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Arahan

Me too..but I disagree with that. I think its good that they're adding stuff to him. If you think progress kills a character, just keep re-reading the old comics, in my opinion.

Although I don't agree with the color scheme of the new costume.

DarkDethbringer
same imagine now he would be alot better compettior for fights against different villains and heros having new powers, I havent even read the new spiderman so he wnet into a cacoon and stengthenned himself? wow wierd

Arahan
Originally posted by NoFate007
Me too..but I disagree with that. I think its good that they're adding stuff to him. If you think progress kills a character, just keep re-reading the old comics, in my opinion.

Although I don't agree with the color scheme of the new costume.

100% agree yes

DarkDethbringer
hey does anyone her eknow where teh Official Spiderman 3 thread is? someone tehre said teh posted a a pi tere of HobGoblin behind Mary Jane at teh end of SM2 opst a link if youve got it

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Arahan
At least they stick to the theme.

But I will disown Spidey so fast the SECOND he gets telepathy.

Decay
spider-man along with the silver surfer have been my two favourite characters in marvel, and although the changes are pretty big, its a fairly natural progression.

becuase the personality of spider man is as much a part of him as his powers i am looking foward to his reaction to his new powers, as well as him trying to get used to them. they havent given him anything that doesnt make sense or doesnt fit, and now that ultimate spider man is around there will always be a familiar red and blue guy in tights swinging around new york.

DBZ MAN
I Think no. 6 could always be used by spidey but as he said before he just never tried that it.
Spidey can adhear from any parts of his body with the same magnitude, all he has to do is concentrate.

botcherby
no thats not true, hes never shown the ability to adhere things to his back... thats why he makes webpacks

yes the concentration bit is true and all, but Spidey has a subconcious ability to stick to stuff with his hands and feet. When Ben was Spidey he knocked himself out while jumping across town and woke up to find himself hanging from the tips of his fingers having been out cold for an hour or two. this obviously applies to pete because they're clones. The only time Pete needs to concentrate is when he doesn't wanna let go, and its impossible to remove him... ala Collossus pulled off the wall attached to Spidey when C-man was pulling off Spiderman.

the onlt time Pete has shown to stick stuff to his back was when his body was electrified by mr. electro. it happened in a recent Spiderman Unlimited where Pete litteraly had no control over his sticking powers and everything stuck to him.

Sparkz
Actuly in the ultimate spider-man guide (thts just the name nothing to do with spider-man) it said that all parts of his body were able to stick to surfaces, but his hands and feet have a much stronger attraction, like if he had had his back to a wall while stickling to it, he could use his back to help him stay there without putting loads of pressure on his legs, but it wasnt strong enough to well hang things on it like he can now.

pacmaniac
the hole sitting in a web i bet he could do before

long pig
Ok, I like:

Speed. Yep, Spiderman should hardly have an equal in speed.

Nightvision. It's a very good power.

Sticky back. Makes sense....hell, this should have been a part of his original powerse.

Hairyness. Meh, fine.

Vibration. Same as sticky back, should have been an original power.

I HATE:

Stingers. Dude....spiders don't sting. This is retarded.

Strength. No, no, no. Spider man should never be a powerhouse. Never above 5-10 tons.

Healing. Nah, don't like it. His healing is good enough as it is.

Spider ID. ....... Even REAL spiders can't do that.

Spidersense upgrade. Nah, fanboys already think it makes him untouchable by everyone....now....god help us.

Powers I'd like to see:

Make him even faster. Seriously, give him the mind/reactions of a mid-high end super speedster. Isotope Quicksilver would be nice. But Spiderman shouldn't be able to run that fast, just react that fast.

Lower the Spidey Sense. Make him rely on his natural speed rather than precog. It makes better stories.

DBZ MAN
Originally posted by botcherby
no thats not true, hes never shown the ability to adhere things to his back... thats why he makes webpacks

yes the concentration bit is true and all, but Spidey has a subconcious ability to stick to stuff with his hands and feet. When Ben was Spidey he knocked himself out while jumping across town and woke up to find himself hanging from the tips of his fingers having been out cold for an hour or two. this obviously applies to pete because they're clones. The only time Pete needs to concentrate is when he doesn't wanna let go, and its impossible to remove him... ala Collossus pulled off the wall attached to Spidey when C-man was pulling off Spiderman.

the onlt time Pete has shown to stick stuff to his back was when his body was electrified by mr. electro. it happened in a recent Spiderman Unlimited where Pete litteraly had no control over his sticking powers and everything stuck to him.

Your wrong about spidey having a subconcious abilty as it is stated what he can and cannot do with his wall crawling abilities in the spider-man encyclopedia written by Tom Defalco. i'll paste the important text.

UNBREAKBLE
"Once Spider-man has latched onto an object, only he can decide when to release it. No outside force has ever managed to prise him from a surface if he consciosly wants to stick to it. Foes with super human strength have been known to rip spidey from walls and ceilings, but only because these surfaces have shattered under the strain. Chunks of drywall or pieces of cieling tile can usually be spotted to spidey whenever this situation occurs. If someone as strong as the incredible Hulk were tp try to pull Spider-man off a slab of granite, he might accidentaly rip off the web-spinners limbs before the rock would splinter. Of course, there is an easy way to seperatee spider-man from an object. All a villain has to do is find a way to knock him out. Once spidey has LOST CONSCIOSNESS, his body will automaticaly go limp and detach itself from anything it is holding".

CLINGING BODY
"Though Spider-Man tends to focus on his hands and feet whenever he's climbingh up a wall, every part of his body has the SAME CLINGING ABILITY. His back and head can stick to surfaces as EASILY as his fingers and toes. All he has to do is lean against something and he will stick to it until he decides to free himself".

chucktaylor
Is this from the ASM series?

Wow, I'm so outdated...Which TPB do I get?

soleran30
Oh god now just brace yourself for the New Spiderman vs Wolverine threadssmile lol Has it been spoken off what the costume will add to spidermans aresenal with his recent spiderupgrades......................................so I am assuming Ironman/Spiderman? just mega quick and how is he gonna get those pig stickers outta that uniform to usesmile?

BlaqChaos
Look, why does everyone have a problem with the stingers? Spiders may not have stingers, but they do have fangs that (in the case of all but 2 species of spiders) have venom. Perhaps the stingers acts as his fangs.

If you're questioning why would he have fangs that come out of his wrist instead of his mouth, ask youself why he has webs that come out of his wrist instead of his ass.

In addition to that, for those of you who REALLY have a problem with the stingers, name one species of spider that actually has a "spider-sense" like Peter's. (Having eight eyes, seeing all around you, and detecting the slightest vibrations in your webs is NOT the same.)

Arahan
right

Marcus4600
Actually, that's a good point. If you remember, Miguel O'Hara from 2099 has fangs, and seemed a bit more evolved than Peter Parker. Maybe Spidey is just becoming more like the spider that bit him, and it's a slow process that he radiation does to his bloodstream.

DBZ MAN
Radiation only decays because of half life though so in theory the exact oppostite should be happening.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Radiation only decays because of half life though so in theory the exact oppostite should be happening.
Not really. Since we now know that it was because of the spider's "mystical" nature, and not the fact that it had been irradiated, that it was able to give Peter his powers. As the radiation dies down, he would get access to more abilities.

DBZ MAN
Ahh, save there by Blackchaos wink

Marcus4600
Well, nobody knows how Spidey really got his powers. There are arguments both ways. I just think that the DNA got infused with Spidey through the radiation, and the mystic thing just kinda seemed random. Besides, I thought that Peter figured out that it wasn't mystical, because it wasn't a pure source? Either way, he's a very Spider-like character now, which I don't mind. I'm just surprised that they're pulling off the Iron Spider costume so well.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Well, nobody knows how Spidey really got his powers. There are arguments both ways. I just think that the DNA got infused with Spidey through the radiation, and the mystic thing just kinda seemed random. Yeah, nut irradiating a spider then having it bite someone to have them give them powers doesn't really follow when you think about it. Especially since the spider was dying from the radiation.

Originally posted by Marcus4600 Besides, I thought that Peter figured out that it wasn't mystical, because it wasn't a pure source? The way he figured out that he was the clone and Ben was the original, only to find out a year later he was wrong?

Marcus4600
Wow. I didn't even set out to start off an argument, and somebody else does? Isn't that precious. Listen, you don't know which one is true, and neither do I. It's kinda hard to differenciate between a clone and the real deal when DNA is exactly the same. The whole point of that whole storyline is that only 2 people knew who the true clone was. Those people were Miles Warren and Norman Osbourne. I'm not in the mood for arguing, so quit starting them. Jeez.

BlaqChaos
Listen, you don't know which one is true, and neither do I. It's kinda hard to differenciate between a clone and the real deal when DNA is exactly the same. Well the DNA couldn't be exactly the same, as a normal person doesn't disolve when they die. stick out tongue

I'm not in the mood for arguing, so quit starting them.
I'm not arguing, I'm debating (there's a difference), that's part of what the forums are for.

doctorstrongbad
You did a good job listing his new powers. we will have to wait and see if he gets even more. smile

Marcus4600
Well, I hope that they're not trying to make him TOO powerful. I mean, he already got the power cosmic. Trapster kinda got the brunt of that one.

Arahan
Almost everyone had the power cosmic, did they keep it? NO

So dont worry.

Spideys Sister
This sucks. What is so loveable about Iron Spidey? Besides that one absolute hot pic. That's excusable.

doctorstrongbad
Its only a short term thing, like the dark suit or the spider armor. He will be red/blue again.

xkalybr
It would be nice to see the new and improved Spidey kick the Green Goblin's, and Venom's asses all over the place, since they have been such tormentors in Peter's life.

They would be in complete shock at Spidey's new enhanced abilities, and how easily he humilitated them. big grin

Marcus4600
Well, I guarantee that if it were Eddie Brock as Venom, he'd still have a tough time, mostly because Eddie's pretty resouceful. If it's Gargan Venom, he's f*cked. Golblin would get stomped too.

Sparkz
Well, I guarantee that if it were Eddie Brock as Venom, he'd still have a tough time, mostly because Eddie's pretty resouceful. If it's Gargan Venom, he's f*cked. Golblin would get stomped too.

I dno i dnt think tht eddie venom would do that well, hes only realy ever beaten people through brute strength, and now spidey has him beat on tht, id say the tougest out o tht lot would be GG as he is the most resourceful (mainly hed hire sum1 eles to fight him lol)

DBZ MAN
I would still think that Venom has more strength then Spidey

doctorstrongbad
Yeah venom has always been stronger, so spidey has to out think him. I like the idea of becoming faster and more agility but not his increased strength.

Sparkz
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
I would still think that Venom has more strength then Spidey

Nope now spider-mans a 15 ton lifter, and well venom is a 11 ton lifter

Marcus4600
Venom is listed as 12, but he's MUCH stronger than that. He's more around 30. He's lifted a car with one hand with ease before.

BlaqChaos
Venom is listed as 12, but he's MUCH stronger than that. He's more around 30. He's lifted a car with one hand with ease before. And just how heavy do you think a car is?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.