ki adi mundi vs kwigongin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lee-San28
who would win

Admiral Akbar
If you could tell me who the other contender is I will be happy to answer.

Lee-San28
in my own opinyon i would say ki adi mundi because he has a higher midiclorian count and he is second to only yoda mace and "anikan and obiwan rots" but i want to no what you guys think?

Lee-San28
lol kwi gon gin form episode 1 is his oponent lol sorry mis spell

Dark Aristokrat
Erm... We don't know either of their midi-chlorian counts, and it's spelled "Qui Gon Jinn".

Lee-San28
oh well i just saw the count on a sight . but still who would win?

Dark Aristokrat
I hope you weren't taken in by SuperShadow.com. That site is a farse.

Lee-San28
? just tell your guess on the mach

Dark Aristokrat
I hope you aren't ordering me around. You DO realize that this is a public forum, right?

Lee-San28
lol im not , your making me seem like im mean i just am really courious to see other poeples opinyon on the fight

Dark Aristokrat
I know. I'm just messing with you. I personally think that Ki-Adi-Mundi would win. Qui-Gon's defense needs some work.

Lee-San28
i think so to adi seems to have a more spead out stile then qui gons tight straight foward combat

Dark Aristokrat
Well, Qui-Gon was pretty much in trouble the moment Maul decided to actually play offensive. And it didn't help that he couldn't recover from a punch to the jaw in time to stop Maul from doing a half spin and a backwards stab. Really, that was a pitiful way to go.

Lee-San28
lol yep but not as bad as the jedi who tryed to arest palpatene

Dark Aristokrat
They apparently were on drugs, because they didn't react at all.

Lee-San28
except for fisto... i heard that tin was destrated because he was trying to read palpatens mind kolar just sucks

Illustrious
When has Ki Adi demonstrated a great "spead out stile"? Since when is Qui-Gon's flipping all over the place "straight forward combat"?

Hell, when is Qui Gon Jinn spelled Kwigongin? And since when did they have midichlorian counts?

darthsith19
Qui-Gon. Mundi's strong but Qui-Gon put up a good fight against Maul and is said to have rivaled Mace in saber skills (in TPM).

Dark Aristokrat
Originally posted by darthsith19
Qui-Gon. Mundi's strong but Qui-Gon put up a good fight against Maul and is said to have rivaled Mace in saber skills (in TPM).

That's bullshit, unless you want to tell me that Mace Windu had no saber defense (Since Qui-Gon was immediately put on the defensive when Maul stopped blocking and starting really swinging... and he never recovered) and you think that Maul could pwn Mace Windu.

Do you?

darthsith19
Qui-Gon was tired. And he did have Maul on the defense for a while. Why would this mean Mace has no saber defense? Also (correct me if I'm wrong) Mace hadn't perfected Vaapad until after Qui-Gon's death. Maul pwning Mace? No. Hell no. Not ROTS or AOTC Mace, anyway. TPM Mace vs. Maul could go either way, IMO. If Maul stays focused he'll probably win, if not, bye, bye Maul.

Dark Aristokrat
Qui-Gon was tired. And he did have Maul on the defense for a while. Why would this mean Mace has no saber defense? Also (correct me if I'm wrong) Mace hadn't perfected Vaapad until after Qui-Gon's death. Maul pwning Mace? No. Hell no. Not ROTS or AOTC Mace, anyway. TPM Mace vs. Maul could go either way, IMO. If Maul stays focused he'll probably win, if not, bye, bye Maul.

1- I don't see any reason nor proof as to Qui-Gon being "tired" and this somehow affecting his saber ability.

2- Qui-Gon Jinn was lashing out ineffectively at Maul for quite some time. Maul casually and very easily maintained a defensive advantage and when he got Qui-Gon isolated, turned the heat on and pwned the jedi master. His defense is HORRIBLE. If you are as good as Mace Windu (The lightsaber prodigy who made his own style in his TEENS) you don't get socked in the jaw with your saber over your head and then sit there like a damn fool while Darth Halloween does a halfturn and backstabs into his abdomen. I don't care what anyone says, Qui-Gon's style sucked. His lightsaber mastery needed a serious overhaul, and the idea that he's on par with Mace Windu (And that Mace Windu went from sucky Qui-Gon level in TPM to uber saber master in AOTC is ridiculous) is hyperbole and UNSUPPORTED in the evidence. Period.

Lightsnake
Qui-Gon is the man I think'd take this...he got cheated out of the council position Ki-Adi got and was an incredible swordsman in his own right...an example of him being tired would be when we see him try to meditate during the brief standoff with him and Maul...Ataru does burn up energy, after all

darthsith19
Generally when someone is tired they don't do physical activities as well. For example, if I ran five miles and timed myself and then ran 100 miles and ran five miles again the second five miles would be considerable slower since I'd be tired.

His defense is horrible? I wonder why. Wait, it's cause he uses Ataru, which focuses on offense. Mace created Vaapad when he was a teenager? Proof? Ataru sucks? So that's why Yoda and Sidious use it? I have the TPM novel on my side. And Qui-Gon's saber skills didn't suck. They clearly surprasses TPM and AOTC Obi-Wan's, AOTC Anakin's, and ESB and ROTJ Luke's.

Lee-San28
i agree you cant say ataru sucks when yoda and sidious use it

Dark Aristokrat
You know, I was going to pwn your argument, Darthsith, but I realized that you still haven't gotten over that ONE LINE from the TPM novel. You don't seem to see that A) you didn't provide me with an adequate reason for a Jedi master to be tired.... B ) you didn't pay attention to Qui-Gon's fighting style and you obviously know NOTHING of melee combat, or else you would not be poo-pooing my observations, and C) you have proved... NOTHING!.

So please, do try again. And use something besides "Qui-Gon is clearly as good as Person X" and "I have teh TPM novel's ONE LINE that supports my bias theory."

darthsith19
What? Didn't you watch the movie? Didn't you hear Lightsnake?

Aristokrat, your the one that has prooved nothing. The TPM novel states something and you just assume it's wrong. You have to proof that it is.

Dark Aristokrat
What? Didn't you watch the movie? Didn't you hear Lightsnake?

Aristokrat, your the one that has prooved nothing. The TPM novel states something and you just assume it's wrong. You have to proof that it is.

So he got tired after fighting for eight minutes?

Wow. He must really suck then, because jedi as noted in other forms of EU practice religiously in saber combat. It would be like Mike Tyson being tired and unable to box properly in the third round. It makes no sense, and there's no evidence for it. Hence, pwned.

Second, I'm pointing out what is clear and evident- Qui-Gon's defense was piss-poor. Obi-Wan realized this, hence why he went with Soresu after this point in time. If you expect me to believe that someone with as poor of a defense as Qui-Gon is as good as Mace Windu in saber combat, you are deluded. Like I said, you obviously know nothing of melee combat- Qui-Gon Jinn could NOT penetrate Maul's easy going defense. And when Maul turned the tables, Qui-Gon was on his heels, barely able to keep his lightsaber in place in time to block the next attack. The fact that he was caught with his lightsaber over his head and got punched in the chin, and immedaitely afterwards Maul does a rather flashy finishing move, just goes to show me (As it should everyone) that Qui-Gon SUCKED in saber combat. Period.

You expect me to believe in one line from the TPM novel, which states that Qui-Gon Jinn's powers are rivalled only by Mace's or some such shit, and here Qui-Gon Jinn is clearly and evidently terrible at combat. Here's your argument in a nutshell:

1- TPM novel sez Qui-Gon = Mace Windu.
2- We don't see Mace Windu fight.
3- So rationally there's nothing to support this assertion.
4- The TPM novel MUST be infallible and beyond reproach.

Therefore, Qui-Gon = Mace in lightsaber skill and all others who oppose this must prove otherwise.

... Right. Nice work, Darthsith. You invented the logical fallacy!

darthsith19
Where'd you get 8 from? And yes. He was constantly swinging, pretty much non-stop. Tiring for a 60-year-old.

Actually, Sorgo provided proof in another thread that in the ROTS Dooku duel Dooku and Obi-Wan were getting tired. Dooku was tired after fighting Obi and Ani in AOTC 9remember his expression and the breath he lets out after he slices off Anakin's arm?). Yoda was extremely tired after fighting Dooku.

I know. Becuase he uses Ataru, which is like 99% offense.

Yes.

For some reason you seem to think that in a duel defense means everyhting. But it doesn't. Yoda and Sidious use Ataru and they're very strong.

You seem to be favoring Maul pretty bad here.

He got hit in the nose, actually. A strong hit in the nose could kill a man. That Qui-Gon got hit with a a metal saber handle in the nose by an extremely strong Zabrak and only staggered is amazing in inself.

Well, close to but not quite (cause sw.com says Mace has only ever lost to Yoda and Dooku, not Qui-Gon).

But since we don't see Mace fight there's nothing against it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.