More proof that Elmo is evil...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
I'm new outside of the VS. board, I'm not sure what the difference is between General and Off-topic. If something is "general", then everything is on-topic there, isn't it?

At any rate, fun article here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11042370/

ELLENSBURG, Wash. - A character in some copies of an Elmo potty training book has an unusual message that you may not want your toddler to hear. Images | Video

The Baby David character in "Potty Time With Elmo" says, "Uh oh, who wants to die?" when a read-along button is pushed, NBC News reported.

He's supposed to say, "Uh oh, who has to go?"

The publisher said the sound was recorded correctly, but some consumers hear a different phrase due to compression of the digital audio file.

Crystal Gillum, of Ellensburg, Wash., said she bought the book for her 2-year-old daughter for Christmas. "It really bothered me, and it creeped me out," she said.

The publisher, Publications International, doesn't know how many defective books are out there. Customers can return the books to the store where they were purchased, or they can call (800) 595-8484 for a free replacement.

The book is becoming a collector's item, and is being sold on eBay.

Alpha Centauri
The difference between OTF and GDF is that off topic would be for off topic discussions and GDF would be for general, on topic discussions of relevance to certain issues.

OTF style material is: What are you wearing today? Or something similar. The non-serious.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
General refers to the range of topics, which is modified by 'discussion'. The other forum is just for chat-style randomness and idiocy.

Lana
I swear I remember seeing a thread about this before but I can't find it in the search.

Victor Von Doom
I thought the same. Then I thought maybe I just read it somewhere.

Lana
No, I remember it being a thread on here, because I'm fairly sure it was started by Whirly.

I'll search again.

demigawd
ok, so is this thread more appropriate here or in the off-topic forum?

Lana
Found it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385790

Alpha Centauri
OTF.

That and it's a duplicate thread, so it'll probably be merged or moved.

-AC

Paola
...or closed

-P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.