Civil War #1 Cover - Micheal Turner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/864/civilwar01cov3se.jpg

Great cover. I'm starting to get kinda excited about Civil War.
It better not dissapoint!

SnakeEyes
What exactly is the plot/when does it come out?

Awesome cover, though...

Blair Wind
eek! MT is doing this???!!! MY FAV artist??! YAY!!! tell me that he isnt the best!!!

Scoobless
I haven't heard of this... what is it?

Blair Wind
The government wants to know all the heroes identities, and it becomes a cival war between those who agree and those who dont, and two good friends are the leaders of opposing sides....but since you get anal about spoiler stuff I wont say anything stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind
The government wants to know all the heroes identities, and it becomes a cival war between those who agree and those who dont, and two good friends are the leaders of opposing sides....but since you get anal about spoiler stuff I wont say anything stick out tongue

damn right smile

where did you hear about this story? WIzard? i never read that...... when does it start and what titles is it crossing over... or is it a separate book?

Blair Wind
I actually heard about it here.....wizard did a peice on it too though...not sure about the rest....

Lucid Lui
They've been raving on about it for awhile at Newsarama. It's Marvel's next big "event". Written by Mark Miller, drawn by Steve McNiven.

Hopefully it's good. I'm looking forward to ti.

Blair Wind
are covers gonna be done by MT or is this just a one time thing?

Lucid Lui
Dunno, i think this might be a varient cover for issue 1. I'd like to see him doing all the covers though...

Black Adam
are covers gonna be done by MT or is this just a one time thing?

This is an alt.

i guess the covers are either going to be drawn by steve mcniven the guy who is going to be drawing the book. Or whoever they usually get to draw pretty covers.

ScarletSpider
Glad to see Namor there. The sides so far actually make sense. Murdoch and She-Hulk are lawyers, their jobs are to uphold the constitution, and I'm glad to see them railing against a potential Watergate situation. Spider-Man of course doesn't want to give his identity away, Wolverine distrusts government and Namor could care less for what some airbreathing politico thinks.

Because of recent events the FF are somewhat under the U.S.'s thumb, and Pym and Stark try to stay on the government's good side.

willRules
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Glad to see Namor there. The sides so far actually make sense. Murdoch and She-Hulk are lawyers, their jobs are to uphold the constitution, and I'm glad to see them railing against a potential Watergate situation. Spider-Man of course doesn't want to give his identity away, Wolverine distrusts government and Namor could care less for what some airbreathing politico thinks.

Because of recent events the FF are somewhat under the U.S.'s thumb, and Pym and Stark try to stay on the government's good side.

and then there is Cap caught in the middle yes

willRules
wow Micheal turner draws wolverine cap and spider-man really well. he should do work on their titles.....................

stormfront13
damn, why does storm have to be in africa marrying freakin black panther. she used to be sooo against this type of thing, and now once it happens, she's off getting married.

manjaro
why the hell would turner rip off his own work? isnt that basically the same cover for Identity crisis?

Black Adam
Originally posted by stormfront13
damn, why does storm have to be in africa marrying freakin black panther. she used to be sooo against this type of thing, and now once it happens, she's off getting married.

because Hudlin is a hack

Blair Wind
not really identity crisis was a bit different

i was under the impression that iroman and cap were the leaders of the two different sides (but of course the cover does discredit that and I refuse to believe wolverine is the leader for the anti gov people)....and isnt spidy kinda owing Tony for his new suit? wasnt that the bargian or something?

manjaro
from the point of view that in IDC ppl were opppsed to each other, you know for the mind wiping thing? and everybody who agreed was on the opposite side of everyone who disagreed the superman and the casket was in the middle

The Ion
Spider-Man back in his classic costume. clap

ScarletSpider
I'm pretty sure the superheroic King and Queen of Wakanda will play a part in the War.

H. S. 6
That cover says a lot, me thinks. yes

stormfront13
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I'm pretty sure the superheroic King and Queen of Wakanda will play a part in the War.

hope so, i mean storm sorta became one of the ambassadors for mutants with the whole x.s.e thing, so she should play a part if mutants are supposed to reveal identities.

Piedmon
Awesome. I love how the Fantastic Four finally made it into a big crossover (they were totally shunted out of HoM.) She-Hulk is a favorite, and I'm glad Marvel's throwing more exposure her way too....

DarkCrawler
The Illuminati (Namor, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange, Reed Richards, Iron Man and Prof. Xavier) are supposed to play a big part in this. Check out this A-W-E-S-O-M-E cover for the one-shot Illuminati special.
http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JF27art/Illuminati-Special.jpg

Namor ****ing better have a bigger part in this then HoM.

Blair Wind
I love the way he draws Ironman and Cap.....but neither looks anything like his Fathom naughty

Lucid Lui
Why isn't Black Panther a member of the Illuminati? You'd think he'd normally be involved in something like this...

Is it because Hudlin has just completely destroyed the character?

Blair Wind
Good question.....

you have your mutant, your magic, two kings, one cosmicly powered brain, and a techno guy......Black Panther would have been good to have too...

Black Adam
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Why isn't Black Panther a member of the Illuminati? You'd think he'd normally be involved in something like this...

Is it because Hudlin has just completely destroyed the character?

That and i think they already have all the roles filled out. xavier with the mutants. Namor with the Atlantis fish smeller's. black bolt with the inhumans tony with the avengers and strange with the magic and Richards with the science .

What would the panther bring to the team? And this seems like a more secret thing that the members would like to keep to themselves so I doubt the members would offer membership to every super human or ruler of a nation.

Khellendros
God I hate Hudlin. God I am looking forward to this Civil War thing. God, I say God a lot...

Black Adam
Originally posted by Khellendros
God I hate Hudlin. God I am looking forward to this Civil War thing. God, I say God a lot...

You can never say God i hate Hudlin enough.

"You Got Me Straight Trippin Boo"

Khellendros
Originally posted by Black Adam
You can never say God i hate Hudlin enough.

"You Got Me Straight Trippin Boo"
Ugh. I know. Which, of course, makes me a racist.

Sparkz
Man if those are the teams, and they fight wolverine spider-man daredevil, namor and she hulk are going down, its like the power houses vs the street levelers with back up lol.

Arahan
You think?

Wolverine can kill the Hulk shifty
Spidey beat Firelord
Daredevil..uhm doesnt fear anything
Namor is a powerhouse
and She-Hulk has breasts.

This team could beat everyone even Squirrel Girl laughing out loud

jrodslam
I think the Namor team would win.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Arahan
You think?

Wolverine can kill the Hulk shifty
Spidey beat Firelord
Daredevil..uhm doesnt fear anything
Namor is a powerhouse
and She-Hulk has breasts.

This team could beat everyone even Squirrel Girl laughing out loud

Well ok when there written to their true potential instead of being given power boosts, and i dnt see how namor and she hulk can win, theyll just get ganged up on

Blair Wind
IW takes them all out...Unless Namor gets her to defect shifty

stormfront13
That and i think they already have all the roles filled out. xavier with the mutants. Namor with the Atlantis fish smeller's. black bolt with the inhumans tony with the avengers and strange with the magic and Richards with the science .

What would the panther bring to the team? And this seems like a more secret thing that the members would like to keep to themselves so I doubt the members would offer membership to every super human or ruler of a nation.

i read a few places that black panther wasn't in because he is getting married, and that if black panther was in then his wife storm would have been in too. i don't agree with this though. panther could have joined without storm and it could have been fine. but yeah, panther wasn't needed anyway.

R.O.T. Yahman
The bit that has got me interested in this event the most, is fourth coming incident in FF4. Apparently a mystical object falls to earth, which will have grave implications on the Civil War. I have also heard that the government are forced to build a complex around the object.

Ooooooh i wonder Why ? roll eyes (sarcastic) , perhaps they are unable to move the object in question ? Something smells like Viking mythology to me !!!!! smile

Black Adam
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
The bit that has got me interested in this event the most, is fourth coming incident in FF4. Apparently a mystical object falls to earth, which will have grave implications on the Civil War. I have also heard that the government are forced to build a complex around the object.

Ooooooh i wonder Why ? roll eyes (sarcastic) , perhaps they are unable to move the object in question ? Something smells like Viking mythology to me !!!!! smile

It's Doom is the one that comes back. At least that what i heard from people that have read the solicits.

R.O.T. Yahman
It's Doom is the one that comes back. At least that what i heard from people that have read the solicits.

Oh yeah he's dead !!!!!!!!! sad Mann that sucks !

Blair Wind
I wanna know why Wolvie is so prominent in the pic.....LET HIM DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evil face

The Ion
"What that premise is, and was, and where it goes, and what it may or may not do in relation to Thor, I don't want to say because I don't think I should. What I can say, in relation to the FF story, is this - at some point in our storyline, something hurtled down out of the sky and cratered in Oklahoma. Scientists and corporate guys arriving on the scene found something unusual, and built a massive research dome around it, trying to figure out what it was and how it worked and what to do with it.

That item...is Thor's hammer. That doesn't mean he's coming back, and doesn't mean he's not coming back. Where it goes from there, well...we'll see, won't we?"

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Spider-Man/amazing/Straczynski.htm

Happy Dance

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by The Ion
"What that premise is, and was, and where it goes, and what it may or may not do in relation to Thor, I don't want to say because I don't think I should. What I can say, in relation to the FF story, is this - at some point in our storyline, something hurtled down out of the sky and cratered in Oklahoma. Scientists and corporate guys arriving on the scene found something unusual, and built a massive research dome around it, trying to figure out what it was and how it worked and what to do with it.

That item...is Thor's hammer. That doesn't mean he's coming back, and doesn't mean he's not coming back. Where it goes from there, well...we'll see, won't we?"

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Spider-Man/amazing/Straczynski.htm

Happy Dance

I Knew i was right !!!!!!!!!! Why would they build a complex around Doom ??????? He's not nearly interesting enough, to build a complex around !!!!!!! Its got to be Moljnir !!!!!!!

If Niel Gaimans on the project, Im very happy !!!!!!

stormfront13
if anyones wondering, storm and black panther's wedding plays a huge part, huge, huge part in civil war.

inamilist
lol, civil war actually sounds really cool

i was worried about it being cheesy like HoM, and it still probably will be, I like the cover for this better than the painted HoM ones though lol

thats an awesome reason to like it more i suppose

and its about heroes fighting the government, and i hate the government

Lucid Lui
We have COLOUR!!!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6871/civilwartitle3pr.jpg

jrodslam
Im on Namor's and Daredevl's side! Happy Dance

Lucid Lui
Same big grin

Their sides way better!

Blair Wind
dude I love the way this guy draws...specially like his Ironman, plus the color makes him look so cool

TheKahn
Here is some more info about the Civil War event:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_%28comics%29

Damn, Iron Man does look bad-ass!

Knightfall93
Can anyone PM me with any info. I dont care about the spoilers but I cant get the comics easily in UK...

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Khellendros
Ugh. I know. Which, of course, makes me a racist.
No, you just are...being white and all.

The Ion
We have COLOUR!!!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6871/civilwartitle3pr.jpg
Did they get Liefeld to draw Cap's face? sick

Marcus4600
Dang right Spider-Man is against it. I guarantee that when people were talking about his new costume having a Civil War effect, I guarantee he's gonna fight Iron Man. Now THAT would be amazing.

Knightfall93
GO SPIDEY AND DAREDEVIL! But I reckon they should kill off that spock rip off fishy bastard...

Black Adam
Originally posted by Knightfall93
GO SPIDEY AND DAREDEVIL! But I reckon they should kill off that spock rip off fishy bastard...

that fishy bastard was being a SOB in comics before the creators of trek were even adults.

same goes for Black adam.

and since this is about civil war

here be some previews

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=civilwar01marvelpreviews18ld.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=civilwar01marvelpreviews29zp.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=civilwar01marvelpreviews37fc.jpg

The Ion
that fishy bastard was being a SOB in comics before the creators of trek were even adults.

here be some previews

Thanks. I've been trying to load those pages all day.

Anyone else find it hard to believe the launching point for CW is the New Warriors mini of all places?

Marcus4600

Yeah, Namor's been around for 60+ years. Namor is the man, hands down. He's owned everyone in the Marvel universe. Heck, he broke through the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, which are supposed to be unbreakable.

Spock = own3d

H. S. 6

here be some previews

Thanks. I've been trying to load those pages all day.

Anyone else find it hard to believe the launching point for CW is the New Warriors mini of all places?

Looks like it's going to be awesome, but who the hell are the New Warriors? messed

Knightfall93
They related to the new vulkans?

DigiMark007
Odd that Spidey and IM are shown on different sides. Peter becomes Tony's "protege" in the most recent ASM and takes an oath of sorts to be with him through this....even though he didn't know what it was at the time.

Still, hopefully it's cool. I'd hate to be against the side that Sentry's on. With the rest of Marvel relatively powered down right now, he could pwn both sides if they write him into it....though he probably won't have much of a role.

The Ion
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Looks like it's going to be awesome, but who the hell are the New Warriors? messed
Exactly. laughing out loud

Black Adam
Originally posted by H. S. 6

The team that just got blasted to pieces.

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=60334

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_warriors

I knew of them but never what there team members or history was.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Yeah, Namor's been around for 60+ years. Namor is the man, hands down. He's owned everyone in the Marvel universe. Heck, he broke through the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, which are supposed to be unbreakable.

Spock = own3d

Only partially true. Strange had left him and wasn't concentrating on the bands (if I remember correctly). They're only unbreakable as long as the caster is present and concentrating.

I might be wrong...DC or LP will have to confirm that, but partial knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

And wait, Alpha Flight dies but the "New Warriors" live?? Total crap.

Knightfall93
New Warrior? I'd hard ofmova and... umm... Nova and...

Black Adam
New Warrior? I'd hard ofmova and... umm... Nova and...

Nova won't be there since he will be busy kicking ass in outer space!!

http://i1.tinypic.com/nvw0m0.jpg

The Ion
Is that Drax getting stomped again?

Knightfall93
LOL

Black Adam
Is that Drax getting stomped again?

yes

H. S. 6
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Odd that Spidey and IM are shown on different sides. Peter becomes Tony's "protege" in the most recent ASM and takes an oath of sorts to be with him through this....even though he didn't know what it was at the time.

Still, hopefully it's cool. I'd hate to be against the side that Sentry's on. With the rest of Marvel relatively powered down right now, he could pwn both sides if they write him into it....though he probably won't have much of a role.

'Tis the reason of the new costume. wink

DarkCrawler

Read something before spouting off idiocy.

Namor is Marvel's FIRST character. Not a Spock rip-off. Spock is Namor rip-off.

And has punked Spidey and Daredevil.

Both on the same time.

Knightfall93
Hey, I have nothing that makes me bettr than namor... except round ears... and my heterosexuality... and dress sense... and the knowlege that i'm not realted to ANY Star Trek characters... and the fact that i'm real... and... you get the point

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Read something before spouting off idiocy.

Namor is Marvel's FIRST character. Not a Spock rip-off. Spock is Namor rip-off.

And has punked Spidey and Daredevil.

Both on the same time.

All of this is true.

Even if you're a Namor-hater, you still gotta respect the guy wink

Knightfall93
I'm not a Namor hater...

DarkCrawler
Hey, I have nothing that makes me bettr than namor... except round ears... and my heterosexuality... and dress sense... and the knowlege that i'm not realted to ANY Star Trek characters... and the fact that i'm real... and... you get the point

And that proved that you are not ignorant in which way?

It proved that you are...

Marcus4600
Ignore Knightfall. He has no idea what the hell he's talking about. He also said Daredevil and She-Hulk are worthless as well. Idiota.

the Darkone
After the civil war crossover most of the earth super hoers are heading into space to encounter a new cosmic threat called the "Annihilation Wave" it involves Ronan 4issues, Super-Skrull 4issues, Drax the destroyer, Nova 4 issues, Silver Surfer 4 issues, Gamora, Quasar,Fire Lord, Galactus and his heralders, Thanos and more. Even the cosmic abstracts are getting involve.

R.O.T. Yahman
Thats why D.C is so much better .... In the D.C. universe, Annihilation and the Civil war would be closely linked, and the return of Thor and the fight against Sentry would be the centre of it .... Who gives a shit about Cap and Wolverine again ?????????? mad

Black Adam
Originally posted by the Darkone
After the civil war crossover most of the earth super hoers are heading into space to encounter a new cosmic threat called the "Annihilation Wave" it involves Ronan 4issues, Super-Skrull 4issues, Drax the destroyer, Nova 4 issues, Silver Surfer 4 issues, Gamora, Quasar,Fire Lord, Galactus and his heralders, Thanos and more. Even the cosmic abstracts are getting involve.

I think you got a little confused. Annihilation Will be it's own separate event concerning The Marvel cosmic characters that haven't been used in a while.

The Marvel earth heroes aren't going to get involved. except Nova since he's part of that GL type organization.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Thats why D.C is so much better .... In the D.C. universe, Annihilation and the Civil war would be closely linked, and the return of Thor and the fight against Sentry would be the centre of it .... Who gives a shit about Cap and Wolverine again ?????????? mad

Because they're the oldest and two of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe, and have amazing stories. I'm guessing this is another idiot who hasn't read Wolverine: Origins yet. We don't know if Thor is returning during Civil War, but if he is, oh boy is there gonna be trouble. I've been reading the Vikings arc, and he's pissed. (Good Ennis work if anyone's wanting a good, gory read.) Also, there's no need for the celestials to get involved in anything on earth. Unlike DC, Marvel has more than one genre of comic book under its belt, so bite me and any other Marvel fan on this site, douche.

THIS IS FOR ANY PERSON WHO DOESN'T LIKE MARVEL COMICS! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LABEL OR WHAT IT'S DOING, DON'T POST IN THE THREADS ABOUT MARVEL!

It does the thread creators no justice, and has a lack of respect.

Blair Wind
Because they're the oldest and two of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe, and have amazing stories. I'm guessing this is another idiot who hasn't read Wolverine: Origins yet. THIS IS FOR ANY PERSON WHO DOESN'T LIKE MARVEL COMICS! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE LABEL OR WHAT IT'S DOING, DON'T POST IN THE THREADS ABOUT MARVEL!

Ive read origins.....still dont like him. I think your taking this whole marvel kicks ass thing a bit too far, but thats just me.

The Ion
I like Wolverine when the story isn't focused on him. His few pages in Astonishing X-Men #13 are rather ideal.

Of course, Marvel doesn't kick enough ass to use annoying, giant, bolded caps locked type. Neither does DC for the record.

Marcus4600
Ive read origins.....still dont like him. I think your taking this whole marvel kicks ass thing a bit too far, but thats just me.
Not really what I was aiming for. It's just not cool to go on a Marvel-specific thread and start saying that Marvel sucks. It's just disrespectful to those of us who are Marvel lovers.

DarkCrawler
You know, I looooove a good Wolverine story where he does stuff like steal a motorcycle, rides it through window of a building to inside where 100 ninjas are waiting for him, and slaughters them all without even popping his claws.

When he is beating demigods, however, that's not a good Wolverine story.

Knightfall93
Ignore Knightfall. He has no idea what the hell he's talking about. He also said Daredevil and She-Hulk are worthless as well. Idiota. hey, DD's cool! I made 1 joke about Spidey having a Spock rip off, a green whore, a blind guy and a Steven hawkin rip off on his team and he takes it as a personal insult! get a sense... of... HUMOUR!

Knightfall93
Because they're the oldest and two of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe, and have amazing stories. I'm guessing this is another idiot who hasn't read Wolverine: Origins yet. We don't know if Thor is returning during Civil War, but if he is, oh boy is there gonna be trouble. I've been reading the Vikings arc, and he's pissed. (Good Ennis work if anyone's wanting a good, gory read.) Also, there's no need for the celestials to get involved in anything on earth. Unlike DC, Marvel has more than one genre of comic book under its belt, so bite me and any other Marvel fan on this site, douche.

How does DC not hae more than 1 genre? How can you call batman the same as Marttian Manhunter? Or compare the Green lantern and Nightwing? idiot child...

Knightfall93
Not really what I was aiming for. It's just not cool to go on a Marvel-specific thread and start saying that Marvel sucks. It's just disrespectful to those of us who are Marvel lovers. No, he was CRITICISING Marvel, he never said marvel SUCKS. And its just as disrespectful to say to someone who you know loves DC and say much worse stuff about DC... hypocrite! OPEACE OUT

Marcus4600
^ and you claiming that I did somthing makes me a hypocrite. Oooookay genius. I have my reasons for not liking DC, but I don't go spamming stuff about Infinite Crisis in threads about that. Also, don't go talking genre with me. You can't even spell correctly. Opeace? Never heart of it. Marvel pulled off a succesful parallel to Romeo and Juliet with Uncanny X-Men. They were also the first of the two giants to incorporate Film Noir with thier comics, a la Frank Miller. Also, I have a few examples for you about the ridiculousness of DC.
Kite-Man
Rainbow Boy
Superman couldn't do math.
Superman would do normal human things, and call them Super, such as Super-landscaping.
Batman at one point was so campy it was ridiculous.
Lest we not forget this:

Knightfall93
Well, Marvel have Marcus and that makes Camp Batman look like the ultimate bad ass...

Xirius
^ and you claiming that I did somthing makes me a hypocrite. Oooookay genius. I have my reasons for not liking DC, but I don't go spamming stuff about Infinite Crisis in threads about that. Also, don't go talking genre with me. You can't even spell correctly. Opeace? Never heart of it. Marvel pulled off a succesful parallel to Romeo and Juliet with Uncanny X-Men. They were also the first of the two giants to incorporate Film Noir with thier comics, a la Frank Miller. Also, I have a few examples for you about the ridiculousness of DC.
Kite-Man
Rainbow Boy
Superman couldn't do math.
Superman would do normal human things, and call them Super, such as Super-landscaping.
Batman at one point was so campy it was ridiculous.
Lest we not forget this:
Ah yes, the hilarity that is www.superdickery.com
hahahaha......."boner"
http://www.superdickery.com/seduction/3.html

Knightfall93
LMAO! Boner, boner, boner... when will those boner-ing boner-ers stop saying "boner"?

Marcus4600
To be honest, I don't like DC, and I have my reasons. The point that I was trying to get across is that it's really rude to go into a thread and say that a storyline is a knock-off of somebody else's. Infinite Crisis is not a story with a political center. Civil War will be. Politics and Government are things that superheroes have to worry about in Marvel. This is a huge event, just like House of M was. Some people didn't like it, some did. Personally, I loved it, mostly because I think that Bendis does very well when he's given plenty of room to be creative. I also think that Mark Millar is very similar in that respect. I think that Civil War will be one of the best stories to come out of Marvel in a while, and this is an event that people have been waiting for a long while. Huge things are possibly gonna happen, like the return of Xavier, Thor returning from Ragnarok (Ennis did a great job there), Eddie Brock returning, and much more happening. Personally, I wanna see the effects on Toxin, Ghost Rider, and War Machine. So, the the point I'm trying to make is that it's disrespectful to call something a turd when it's a pot of gold.

SnakeEyes
Anyways....

I read a preview in the most recent Wizard (of the first issue of Civil War). The first part is about these group of kids who have their own super-hero reality TV show and go out taking down bad guys/having it filmed for the show to get more popular. They find a house with some known but not that high-profile bad guys and decide to go after em. Basically, after some fighting, a nearby school is blown up amidst the fighting and hundreds of children die.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anyways....

I read a preview in the most recent Wizard (of the first issue of Civil War). The first part is about these group of kids who have their own super-hero reality TV show and go out taking down bad guys/having it filmed for the show to get more popular. They find a house with some known but not that high-profile bad guys and decide to go after em. Basically, after some fighting, a nearby school is blown up amidst the fighting and hundreds of children die.

Well that sucks. erm

For the kids. no expression

willRules
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anyways....

isn't it the new warriors??? and nitro is the villain who blows up the school..........

SnakeEyes
Yeah, you're right, on both accounts.

willRules
cool smile

Black Adam
this can go here

Civil war cover for issue # 2

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/222/mcw2finalcoverscan1000up.th.jpg

I really love Steve McNiven art.

So She hulk and the F4 don't have Secret identities but Tony has...
The YA do have secret ID but cap doesn't..

Marcus4600
This is gonna be an amazing series. The art tells the story well, and definately make you want to buy the art, provided you like Marvel.

The Ion
this can go here

Civil war cover for issue # 2

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/222/mcw2finalcoverscan1000up.th.jpg

I really love Steve McNiven art.

So She hulk and the F4 don't have Secret identities but Tony has...
The YA do have secret ID but cap doesn't..
Seriously if the Young Avengers and Spidey's normal costume don't show you that Cap is on the Anti-Gov team then nothing will.

H. S. 6
I think Civil War is going to be freakin awesome. yes

Marcus4600
Amen to that. I love the political driven stories that Marvel comes up with. They're always amazing.

SnakeEyes
Man, I hope I get to see some of my favorite heroes kick each others' asses. I wonder if there'll be any major deaths...?

Marcus4600
Personally, I think Professor X may pass on, or maybe Magneto. I don't know why I thought that, but it could happen.

willRules
Personally, I think Professor X may pass on, or maybe Magneto. I don't know why I thought that, but it could happen.

I hope xavier doesn't. sad

Lucid Lui
He won't. and even if he did it'd never be permanent.

For whoever does die (and we all know someone will), i just hope it's done well. Pointless deaths are so boring.

Knightfall93
This is gonna be an amazing series. The art tells the story well, and definately make you want to buy the art, provided you like Marvel. if that was aimed at me, I NEVER said I dislike Marvel. in fact, i regularly buy all the marvel titlkes in my local shop (England sucks) so don't judge me, sun shine. Also, read watchmen and tell me DC doesn't have multiple, including ploitical, genres!

Marcus4600
Actually, it was aimed at people who don't like Marvel. Honestly, I don't care if you buy Marvel or not. Just don't diss it if you're buying it.

Superherovandal
stop with the anti marvel and DC thing. its not like ur getting anything out of it. I mean come on. Calling each other names over comic books. If u don't paticularly like it its fine just dont have to make it a DC vs Marvel fiasco with the Marvellites saying that DC stinks and the DCians saying that Marvell is a bunch of crap. Its childish.

Black Adam
I've never seen any anti marvel posting here. Maybe I just keep missing the threads that have it. But these boards seem pretty cool for both sides. Newsarama on the other hand.........

Black Adam
here be some more images.......Did I mention that I love Mcniven's art?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lou_dog2004/CivilWar.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lou_dog2004/CivilWar2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lou_dog2004/CivilWar3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lou_dog2004/CivilWar4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lou_dog2004/CivilWar5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lou_dog2004/CivilWar6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/lou_dog2004/CivilWar7.jpg

Marcus4600
whoah

R.O.T. Yahman

Agreed .... Morons always take jokes seriously ! smile

Marcus4600
Wow. You're a dick.

Blair Wind
wow you both need help. Marcus I can buy marvel and say it sucks ass if I want to. If I buy it, it doesnt mean its good. Yahaman, Marcus likes marvel so what and takes things a lil bit too far, so what? I like marvel, everyone has their own opinions. Actually thats more for knightfall, you two need to stop. now.

anyways when does Civil War start???

DarkCrawler
I ****ing swear, if we don't see LOT of Namor here, I will kill the writers of these series.

COME ON! GIVE YOUR FIRST CHARACTER AT LEAST A TEENY WEENY BIT OF SPOTLIGHT!

Marcus4600
^ Point taken. I'll let the mods handle Knightfall.

It starts in May or June, I think.

Blair Wind
damn.....im doing a simulation stock game for school and would soooo have bought some if civil war was coming out now...............oh well

Blair Wind
I ****ing swear, if we don't see LOT of Namor here, I will kill the writers of these series.

lol its gonna be about spidy, ironman, and cap, and you know it wink

Marcus4600
^ Namor will be in there. He got a HUGE honor by being written as a member of the Illuminati.

R.O.T. Yahman
wow you both need help. Marcus I can buy marvel and say it sucks ass if I want to. If I buy it, it doesnt mean its good. Yahaman, Marcus likes marvel so what and takes things a lil bit too far, so what? I like marvel, everyone has their own opinions. Actually thats more for knightfall, you two need to stop. now.

anyways when does Civil War start???

I have no problem with him taking it too far, infact i find it rather ammusing. This is why you always see a smile at the end of my posts. Im always reminded of the sad people who get wound up on internet forums. It makes me smile that i had small role in winding them up .... smile

Black Adam

Considering he's been on most of the covers and he's part of the Illuminati I think will see plenty of him.

heres some Illuminati preview pages to hold you until then

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JF40art/NEWAVNIL001014scol.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JF40art/NEWAVNIL001018_col.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JF40art/NEWAVNIL001020_col.jpg

jrodslam
Considering he's been on most of the covers and he's part of the Illuminati I think will see plenty of him.

Ironman must have been talking some serious shit lol. Dont f**k with the prince.

Marcus4600
^ Namor must've gotten pissed about something pretty big to take IM's helmet off.

Lucid Lui
Here's the Turner cover for issue 2. Iron Man looks badass.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5006/mcw002adc6mr.jpg

Blair Wind
wow......I love Turner....droolio

Black Adam
Here's the Turner cover for issue 2. Iron Man looks badass.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/5006/mcw002adc6mr.jpg

Yeah Ironman and spidey look great.

But the Young avengers just look weird.

At least their getting some love instead of being left out of the event.

Blair Wind
wierd? they look all right to me....

Lucid Lui
Wiccan's legs look unnusally small.

The Ion
Iron Man looks like he just stepped out of an anime.

And the YA need some love since their series is going on hiatus.

Blair Wind
ok besides that.....whats the archers name? I know ass-gardian, the black cap, hulkling...but whos she?

Black Adam
weird? they look all right to me....

yeah I can't describe but they just seem weird.

Maybe I'm just to used to Jim Cheung drawing them.

Black Adam
ok besides that.....whats the archers name? I know ass-gardian, the black cap, hulkling...but whos she?

Currently Her names is just kate bishop. Patriot keeps suggesting Hawkingbird but she doesn't want that codename
There's wiccan (asgardian)
Patriot the black Cap's grandson

DarkCrawler
Civil War trailer:
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.230

Black Adam
Civil War trailer:
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.230

My eyes are bleeding after watching that.

THANKS DC!!

Bad trailer but I'm still buying Civil War.

Blair Wind
I put that on the other Civil War thread...its really nice...

DarkCrawler

Holy shit, never seen all the parts of those pages before.

What the hell did Iron Man say?

Did he make fun of the speedo? Or his mother? Did he make a fish joke?

We know after some days...

Black Adam
Holy shit, never seen all the parts of those pages before.

What the hell did Iron Man say?

Did he make fun of the speedo? Or his mother? Did he make a fish joke?

We know after some days...

Who knows I've heard everything from Him getting angry to what they did to the Hulk to Him getting angry to what happened to Namorita.

Blair Wind
what happened to the hulk?

Black Adam
what happened to the hulk?

tossed into a wormhole and sent to another planet.

SnakeEyes
Wiccan's legs look unnusally small.

That's because he started wearing emo pants when he came out of the closet.

King KAM

Spock = own3d Hes never owned wolverine, and screw Namor im rollin with the Cap,
Marvel real badass, he dont need no stinking powers.

The Ion
Cap is almost the badass human in comics.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by King KAM
Hes never owned wolverine, and screw Namor im rollin with the Cap,
Marvel real badass, he dont need no stinking powers.

Namor's Marvel's first badass. The one and original. Cap's cool, but nuthin' compared to Namor.

Marcus4600
Gotta love it when he used Cap's shield to knock someone out.

King KAM
Namor's Marvel's first badass. The one and original. Cap's cool, but nuthin' compared to Namor. The orginator but not the perfector, I dont care how old namor is, Captain America pwns him and every other person in the MU

BOYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE!

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by King KAM
The orginator but not the perfector, I dont care how old namor is, Captain America pwns him and every other person in the MU

BOYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh come on. He's stole Cap's shield and pwned him with it. Can anything compared to the golden boy getting clobbered with his own shield?

King KAM
Oh come on. He's stole Cap's shield and pwned him with it. Can anything compared to the golden boy getting clobbered with his own shield? Namor also has superhuman strength and speed, thats like me being astonished that Martian Manhunter hit batman with a batarang......

Cap pwns, and i never found namor too good of a character.......end of discussion

bitca730
I'm predicting someone springing out a "Respect Namor" thread with a gazillion links of his battles to pop up pretty soon...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>