I have a very 'Advanced' Question!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Does anyone know the education requirements to become a Neonatal Nurse? I think that's what I want to do. Stupid question, I know, but google has done me no good.

Vinny Valentine
My Mom is a Critical care Advanced Nurse...I donno but maybe If I ask her she can help ?

Ladyluck
Are you in the states?

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
My Mom is a Critical care Advanced Nurse...I donno but maybe If I ask her she can help ?
Cool. Go for it smile
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Are you in the states?
Yes. And I do know it varies from area to area but I just want a "basic" idea of what it requires.

Ladyluck
I'm in Canada.. it's totally different. Can't help you with this one.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Ladyluck
I'm in Canada.. it's totally different. Can't help you with this one.
Okie dokes.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Does anyone know the education requirements to become a Neonatal Nurse? I think that's what I want to do. Stupid question, I know, but google has done me no good.

You could probably find out how to go about it at School

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by K.Diddy
You could probably find out how to go about it at School
I was thinking about that. I may ask the School Nurse or Guidance Counselor. Thanks

K.Diddy
I was thinking about that. I may ask the School Nurse or Guidance Counselor. Thanks

thumb up

Lana
I'd guess a college degree in nursing.....?

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Lana
I'd guess a college degree in nursing.....?
Probably. I'm not so good with all that stuff but I think you require 1-4 College years of studying nursing, and not so much 'Neonatal' Nursing. It's all indirectly but I think you can apply for a hospital after college. Then again I may be wrong!?

Lana
Probably. I'm not so good with all that stuff but I think you require 1-4 College years of studying nursing, and not so much 'Neonatal' Nursing. It's all indirectly but I think you can apply for a hospital after college. Then again I may be wrong!?

You'll need at least a bachelor's degree in nursing, not to mention specialized training.

DanieLs_4_Ever
You'll need at least a bachelor's degree in nursing, not to mention specialized training.
Yeah I read about that too. erm All this high-educating stuff. I love wittle babies though big grin and I love to help so I think this would be a good career. Now I just have to figure out a way.

Lana
Not screwing up in high school and getting into a good college is a start yes

seaapple
Why not be a doctor then?

seaapple
Read up!

http://www.neonatology.org/career/default.html

(Hope it helps) smile

DanteMayCry
anatomy physiology microbiology general education( math science history...and the like)

get 3.0 and above gpa and from there you will be trained RN 2 years.

trust me i know cuz im startin a new carreer... male nurse!!!! (the sound of male and the sound of nurse doesnt go together!!!!)

once youre RN you can specify what type of nurse u gonna be. from there u can do your neonatology.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Not screwing up in high school and getting into a good college is a start yes
I'm actually really trying my best. That load I said way earlier was a bunch of crock really. Yes there HAVE been days that I said "Screw it" but nowadays I'm more focused. I even kept my Grades in the C's and up Averages last semester so that's a start.
Originally posted by seaapple
Why not be a doctor then?
Naah.
Originally posted by seaapple
Read up!

http://www.neonatology.org/career/default.html

(Hope it helps) smile
Thank you very much, I'm opening the page as I write this smile
Originally posted by DanteMayCry
anatomy physiology microbiology general education( math science history...and the like)

get 3.0 and above gpa and from there you will be trained RN 2 years.

trust me i know cuz im startin a new carreer... male nurse!!!! (the sound of male and the sound of nurse doesnt go together!!!!)

once youre RN you can specify what type of nurse u gonna be. from there u can do your neonatology.
Thanks. Coincidentally before I even started thinking of Neonatal Nursing I signed up for next years classes and I have signed up for Anatomy/Physiology (one class), and Child Care 1 and 2.
And no, Male Nurse is not hard to believe, my Step-Uncle (Justin, who died's Step Dad) so I take no shame to that!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.