The Imperial Remnant versus the Old Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ganner Rhysode
Alright, here we go. Obviously, the Empire at the height of it's power would DESTROY the Republic at the height of IT'S power, as not only do they outnumber them, but their technology is better.

However, what about the Remnant? They have considerably less troops then the Republic, whilst also having considerably better technology.

So, who would come out on top from this battle?

Darth_Glentract
Depends on when this is. During the YV invasion? As soon as it formed(which is when the Remnant was strongest).

Ganner Rhysode
Probably just around the time of the YV invasion, but before all of their losses.

Tangible God
And is this the Old Republic of the PT, or the Old Republic at say...KOTOR?

Ganner Rhysode
I would say the PT, as the bigger ships from the Old Republic of KotOR (IE, the Leviathan) are fractions of the size/firepower of an Imperial Star Destroyer.

Tangible God
Righto.

The I say the Remnant. Some 43 years advancement in technology being the sole cause.

Also, if the number IS canon, then the 1.2 million Clones of the Republic wouldn't last against who knows how many battle-hardened Imperial Stormtroopers. ISD's vastly outclass the Republic Cruisers, and I doubt after decades of experience that Pellaeon is going to let the Jedi(the actual threat to the Remnant) get to close.

calvin44
Originally posted by Tangible God
Righto.

The I say the Remnant. Some 43 years advancement in technology being the sole cause.
In the star wars universe it takes hundreds of years for technology to advance.

Tangible God
I'm not doing it now, but find a cannonicaly correct site, and check upon the statistics of the ISD and then compare them to the Republic Cruisers. Not a great marvelous leap, but definetely superior.

Also remember, the Empire showed the greatest military build-up and advancement the galaxy had ever seen. Ships designed, modified and built decades AFTER that would be even SLIGHTLY more superior. Look at the Alliance for example.

Brotz
The Imperial Remnant verus the Grand Army of the Republic and the Republic Navy, I think we know the result. The Imperial Remnant verus the Army of Light? We also know the result. However, the Imperial Remnant verus the Ancient Republic Military of the Old Sith Wars? That is a interesting war that could go either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.