In The End It Doesn't Really Matter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigitalFortr3ss
In The End
(It Doesn't Really Matter)

He lay on his bed, eyes wide open staring thoughtlessly at the ceiling. He had that feeling again, he knew something bad would happen today, but he knew he could live through it. He took his eyes of the ceiling and turned to look at his glock pistol that stared back at. He smiled at the pistol, he only and best friend that he ever had. Suddenly his thinking was cut short with the sound of police sirens. He quickly pulls the covers away from him and pulls on a t-shirt. The sirens edge closer and closer, the panic and cold fear runs wild around the blood of the killer. One question ran wild in his mind, how did the police know where to find him. The killer took the pistol off the table and loaded it with a magazine and cocked the pistol back.

SMASH

Pieces of shattered glass flew into the room with one small piece slicing through the cheek of the killer. He quickly ducked and panicked at the same time. Who smashed the window? If it was the police, how did they get here so fast? Questions were to be answered later he thought, he knew he had to leave the building, but it wasn't going to be easy. He slowly crept up to look at the window when all of a sudden a red laster shone right between his eyes, he quickly ducked as a bullet soared past him and into the wall. Snipers he though, and he knew that there would be more than one. He looked around him to find something that would shield him, he stared at the bedside table and pulled it down beside him.

Police Chief John Kramer stared up at the old building and he noticed the broken window.

"Any sign of movements" He said as SWAT leader Bill Numar walked closer to him.

"The snipers have him sir, there is no way he is leaving that room alive." The SWAT leader said with a tint of evil in his voice.

"Dead, or alive captain. I want that son of a ***** off my streets."

John Kramer had been following the trail of the mysterious killer for over 6 months and this is the closest they have been. Nobody knows his name, he moves like the air and disappears like a ghost. This was the last chance for Kramer, this was his last case and then he would leave the force for good. The only reason he was leaving was because of the killer, he had killed over 40 innocent civilians. Too many promises were broken to the public, he had a score to settle today.

The killer began to breathe heavily now as he saw the red lasers scan the room, once they reached their target they would unleash a fury of bullets. He gripped the leg of the table, praying that his plan would work. He got to one knee and through the table across the room and he ran towards the door, hearing shots fire at the table, he leaped towards the door and crashed through it to the corridor. He sighed in relief but felt a burning sensation in his leg. He had been shot by the snipers, this was his handicap. He picked himself up, pistol at the ready, and began to limp down the corridor to exit the building.

He paced his way down the steps, trying to hold in the pain of the bullet wound in his leg. As he turned the corner he saw a police officer, he quickly aimed his pistol at the officers head and fired a bullet. The officer flew back as his blood and brains splattered against the wall. He continued his way down the stairs until he came across a young girl, he stopped and stared at her and his gun. She began to shake as she saw the blood on his leg and the unforgiving pistol that was sealed between his right hand. He raised the pistol..

BLAM BLAM BLAM

He shot three times, and all three bullets hit their target. He stared at the little girl and signalled for her to get to her room. As she moves out of the way, he stared at the three officers who came up the stairs, he stared at their bullet wounds. Three head shots, that was unlucky. He remembered when his best friend killed three Police Officers in a bank, all three shots were head shots. Later that day, he was shot down by SWAT members, wielding shotguns. A tear ran down the killers eye, he had to act fast. He continued to run down the stairs even though the bullet was still inside his leg and his pistol was short on ammo.

He finally turned the final corner until he stopped and stared death straight in the face. Three SWAT members stared at him, all wielding shot guns. There was silence between the four of them, the killer had an itchy trigger finger, but he knew this was an impossible escape.

"Gig's up, drop your weapon"

The killer stared at the three men, the adrenaline was now rushing through his body, he knew he had to give it a try, it was either death or jail. He cheated death before and he knew he could do it again. He was about to unleash hell at the SWAT until he heard footsteps behind him, he sharply turned around and fired two shots. He stopped and stared at what he had done, he had shot the girl he had seen upstairs. The killer dropped to his knees to check on the girl, but it was no use, he had killed her.

"TURN AROUND, PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND TURN THE F*CK AROUND"

Anger went through the blood of the killer, as tears began to spurt out. He leaned over to the girl and touched her skin, a tear fell onto her cheek. He kissed her and whispered his apology in her ear. He stood up and turned around and unleashed hell at the SWAT.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

The killer fell back, to the killer he was falling in slow motion. The three SWAT members fired their shotguns at the killer, three shotgun shells buried into his chest. The killer had managed to tag two of the SWAT members, but only in their shoulders, his third shot missed. He was still falling, his life flashed before his eyes. From all the deaths he handed out, all the banks he robbed, he made the biggest mistake of his life getting into crime. But in the End.. it doesn't really matter.

The End

DigitalFortr3ss
Any feedback on the short story?

Trickster
It's interesting.

I think, for a short story with so many plot threads left open, it is too short. Especially as 'the killer' had killed over 40 people. That's pretty difficult nowadays, and it would perhaps deserve a couple of chapters (assuming that post is a chapter).

However, having read the first few sentences, I did feel like I had to finish it. You've put a controversial killing in the middle. Why did the killer show remorse over the death of the girl when he has apparently killed so many civilians. Why was she in the house with him? That said, it is a good story, and I don't think you could make it longer without giving the killer a name and character - perhaps ruining the feel of this short entirely.

That help at all?

DigitalFortr3ss
Yeah it does, thx alot Trick. I am actually thinking of adapting the short story into a longer peice of fiction. Maybe the story could be about the killer and his previous hits. Would you be interested in reading something like that?

Trickster
I would indeed. But if it was set in the past, you'd have to rewrite this piece - unless you intend to write the entire story without giving the killer a name. Which I think would be difficult. You can always try, though!

The other way of writing a story about his previous hits would be the police chief recounting them, though of course they would then have to be from Kramer's perspective. Anyway, whichever way you choose to write it (if you do), I'm sure it'll be good.

DigitalFortr3ss
I probably wont give him a name, but I'm not too sure on that just yet. The story will be re-living the killers final few days leading to his days. Flashbacks will occur during the story to tell the readers about his infamous kills. Any ideas you have then please pitch them in, I would be very grateful.

Trickster
Well, I'd advise using much more of 'he' than just 'the killer'. You could also try extending sentences, making the lack of name less conspicous by starting with verbs.

Instead of:
"The killer jumped the fence and ran toward the police picket line, he was firing his gun at the SWAT team."
You could try sentences like:
"Jumping the fence, the killer ran toward the police picket line, firing his gun at the SWAT team."

Just makes the lack of name a little less noticable, at least to me. I'm not sure how well that'd work with others, though.

DigitalFortr3ss
Yeah. Well If anyone has any ideas that they would like to see in the story, please contribute. I'm hoping to start this story today.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.