The Battle Royale Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Undertaker
This has to be one the best movies made....EVER, What a cult classic, Being from Australia where pretty much most Cult Classics are made, I was so impressed by Battle Royale.

My Favorite in the movie has to be Mistuko Soma, Good looks and as mad as a Cut Snake.

Any Thoughts?

MildPossession
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f89/t367475.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f89/t293750.html

Undertaker
Thats Not Well.

Darkman87
It was great I watched both Battle Royale movies. Better than hollywood? absolutely.

jeffer_wrote
Originally posted by Undertaker

My Favorite in the movie has to be Mistuko Soma, Good looks and as mad as a Cut Snake.

Any Thoughts?

One of my fave films, too.

Aside from Nanahara Shuya, Mitsuko is also my fave character. The actress that plays her, Shibasaki Kuo is currently my favorite Japanese actress. Villain or lead role, she nails it. She looks so cold and mean at times, but when she smiles, everything just lights up!

LordFear
A real good flick. This is lord of the flies but asian style. Nice flick

akema
I agree, really good movies.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Great film. Loved Chiaki Kuriyama's scenes.

Quincy
Kazuo Kiriyama pwns all there is to pwn.

Jason_Krueger
this movie was one of the most twisted, dirty, and amazing movies ever!

lets just hope that talks of an American remake is just rumors because it would destroy the essence of the film and most likely be released as a crappy PG-13 movie

Wolf_Pack_Mama
Those are made from the books, right? Or is this something way different?

llagrok
Originally posted by Wolf_Pack_Mama
Those are made from the books, right? Or is this something way different?

I think they're made from Manga, or the manga was based off the movie. The manga was a lot worse though, a lot more brutal and so. The teacher was different than Kitano and far worse. He had sex with one of the dead girls' corpse after he had shot half her face off. Pretty brutal.

Personally I love the BR movies, the first one was the best of course. But that's implied smile

Heaven's Sword
I don't recall the necrophilia part...he raped Shuya's caretaker...but not a student.

Anyway, the movie was based off of a book, as was the manga.

SoylentBlue
Hiroki Sugimura wasn't a martial artist, didn't kick Mitsuko and Oda's asses and didn't fight and nearly kill Kazuo Kiriyama. Bollocks.

Ah, well. Still a good movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.