Yoda Vs Sidious Who Would Win?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lee-San28
ive never heard it clear who would win between the to

Tangible God
Try watching ROTS, apparently Yoda lost.

Environment factor.

Sorgo the Cruel
Originally posted by Tangible God
Try watching ROTS, apparently Yoda lost.

Environment factor.

They stalemated.

John Bak'or
ya they stalemated

Council#13
Precisely

DrDoom101
it was a tie.

kingkman
How was it a tie?

DrDoom101
did you not see ROTS?

DrDoom101
In lightsaber combat, they'd be equal. In terms of the Force, they're pretty equal. Yoda only lost because he was knock offed the senate pod because the Sith Lightning was too powerful. Yoda only lost because his body was so small that it was flung to the ground. Sidious is big and the effects of the Sith Lightning hurled him back only a bit.

Numan
Yoda lost the fight but in terms of who at the time was stronger, it was very close.

Dark Aristokrat
Originally posted by DrDoom101
In lightsaber combat, they'd be equal. In terms of the Force, they're pretty equal. Yoda only lost because he was knock offed the senate pod because the Sith Lightning was too powerful. Yoda only lost because his body was so small that it was flung to the ground. Sidious is big and the effects of the Sith Lightning hurled him back only a bit.

Uh, no.

In lightsaber combat, Yoda won. Sidious was disarmed. In terms of the force they are NOT equal. Yoda pushed back from a position of disadvantage in the force battle. That's the equivalent of being in an arm wrestling match, being almost defeated, and then suddenly pushing it all the way back against the opponent. That's called "superior strength". There was no equality there.

Borbarad
Considering that they stalemated when Sidious had the advanced position in the entire fight (middle of the Chancelor pod during the lightsaber action, higher ground later) I guess Yoda might defeat him in a match on "equal ground".

Especially because Mace defeated Sidious and Yoda is more powerful than Mace.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Uh, no.

In lightsaber combat, Yoda won. Sidious was disarmed. In terms of the force they are NOT equal. Yoda pushed back from a position of disadvantage in the force battle. That's the equivalent of being in an arm wrestling match, being almost defeated, and then suddenly pushing it all the way back against the opponent. That's called "superior strength". There was no equality there. Thanks.....but there once was a thread on where Palpatine's lightsaber went. Are you sure Yoda knock it out? Cuz some people say he put it away.

Dark Aristokrat
It's in the official script. The idea that he just "put his lightsaber away" has no basis in evidence, and the script offers a solution from GL himself, so I'm going to go with that over someone's biased interpretation of "Oh, he just put it away". No sensible warrior puts his weapon away.

DrDoom101
laughing out loud ok got your point

Dark Aristokrat
Yep. The idea that he just tucked his lightsaber away (With no evidence to support it) while the script at least tells us he was disarmed... that's enough for me.

bad_boba017
I think that yoda WOULD defeat palpy if they had been on equal ground level. But yoda said that he was forced into exile for not completeing his mission, so technically yoda did lose.

Exactly.

I still think yoda was more powerful.

((The_Anomaly))
Boils down to Luck really. They are pretty well exactly equal. They both got their good shots in and it just so happened that Yoda got the short end of the stick in that particular fight. On equal ground it becomes who makes a mistake first.

Oh and this "Palpatine lost his saber" business? Does it say this in the ROTS novel? If it does not then "original" scrips that were not used are not canon. Not unless GL himself specifically tells us that Palps lost his saber. Which to my knowledge he has not said.

Lee-San28
dude except it he lost his saber as did yoda

Borbarad
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Boils down to Luck really. They are pretty well exactly equal. They both got their good shots in and it just so happened that Yoda got the short end of the stick in that particular fight. On equal ground it becomes who makes a mistake first.

If Yoda can stalemate Sidious why Sidious always has the position of advantage the only logical guess would be that - given equal ground - Yoda would defeat Sidious. And if Mace can "overpower" Sidious on equal ground I don't see Yoda failing in the same situation.

First:
What appears to be more logical to you: That Sidious "puts away his saber in the middle of a confrontation with the 'humming blur' that is Yoda" or that Yoda simply disarms him like Mace - who's not Yoda's equal in terms of lightsaber fighting - did before ?

Second:
It doesn't matter if he lost the saber or decided to put it away since both situations would tell us that Yoda is the superior lightsaber duellists because either he disarmed Sidious or Sidious put the saber away because he saw that he can't take Yoda in a lightsaber duel and made the decission to try it with force powers.

darthsith19
We don't know this as it was not shown. For all we know Sidious put his lightsaber away.

True, but both fell backwards about the same distance. And Sidious was better at throwing pods.

Yes, he does. Notice that when Sidious "lost" his lightsaber his opponent (Yoda) immediately became overconfident and therefor struggled with the pods and himself got disarmed. Sidious probably realised that he couldn't win in a lightsaber duel. So why wouldn't he start a Force battle?

And Lucas didn't put Yoda disarming him in the movie so how do you know what happened didn't also change in his mind?

Dark Aristokrat
1- The script says he was disarmed. Script > your opinion.

2- Sidious was throwing pods down, which Yoda stopped instantly. Yoda threw a pod up, and Sidious could not/would not stop it. Hence, Sidious is not BETTER.

3- First, no, he doesn't. You obviously know NOTHING of combat. Second, Yoda did not become overconfidant, and he did not "get himself disarmed". Maybe you wanted to see that, but that's not what happened. Get over it. And third, Lucas put in the script Yoda disarming Sidious. In the movie, it is not shown whether he was disarmed or he tucked his saber away (Because the scene is missing). Are you expecting me to believe based on 1) defiance of common sense (A warrior putting his blade away) and B) in direct contradiction to the official script that Sidious put his blade away?

Nonsense.

calvin44
2.) There is nothing to show that Sidious was better at throwning pods, becuase all he had to do was lift the pods, and let gravity take it's course, while Yoda on the other hand, withheld the force of gravity, and threw a pod upwards at Sidious, who could not block it.

darthsith19
What if just the novel said it?

1. Throwing multiple pods down at a time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the only one from the movies to move more than one object at once?
2. Stopped instantly? Okay, I know your on Yoda's side but this is a bit overkill. Yoda struggled to evade them and then, after evading 3-4 pods stopped one. Sidious didn't even try to stop it. This in no way means he couldn't, for he delibaretly choose to laugh instead and then jump to the side, which, if you havn't noticed, was the last thing he did, other than the lightning, before he won.

I've heard that enough out of you.

So Sidious was just better and thus disarmed him?

You disregadred my whole 3rd point. Congragulations.

Sidious was chucking multiple pods at once. And he also had to throw them at a downward angle. And at first he picked up 2-3 pods, from behind him, up above his head, at the same time.

calvin44
Originally posted by darthsith19
Sidious was chucking multiple pods at once. And he also had to throw them at a downward angle. And at first he picked up 2-3 pods, from behind him, up above his head, at the same time.
But who is to say that Yoda could do that?

Sorgo the Cruel
What if just the novel said it?

1. Throwing multiple pods down at a time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the only one from the movies to move more than one object at once?

I think he was also the only one in the Movies to lose three times.

2. Stopped instantly? Okay, I know your on Yoda's side but this is a bit overkill. Yoda struggled to evade them and then, after evading 3-4 pods stopped one. Sidious didn't even try to stop it. This in no way means he couldn't, for he delibaretly choose to laugh instead and then jump to the side, which, if you havn't noticed, was the last thing he did, other than the lightning, before he won.

Yoda was on the lower ground. Did YOU NOT see what happened during that Movie when the lesser skilled Duelist got the high ground? PR4WN4G3!!!!!

Did you ever think Sidious didn't stop it because he couldn't? Sidious has been know to be Cowardly and to take any Advantage he can get. You think he would go lower if he had to? Giving up the higest ground possible? I didn't see Sidious spinning any Pods either. Just taking them out of their slots and throwing 'em down.

You mean the same Lightning Yoda absorbed and threw back at Sidious, making his face shribble in fear?

Yoda flew off the Podium because he was tiny. Sidious was a grown man. What do you think would have happened if both fell to the floor?

Yoda lost to his own power and Gravity.

I've heard that enough out of you.

Uh oh.

Better watch out, Janus.

I can imagine how much easier it would be to throw pods down than up.

^ Sarcasm.

I'm glad he picked up so many. It made up for him not being able to dodge Yoda chucking one back at him.

Dark Aristokrat
I suddenly remember why I don't debate with you, darthsith. You don't make any sense.

Sorgo the Cruel
I suddenly remember why I don't debate with you, darthsith. You don't make any sense. laughing

calvin44
I suddenly remember why I don't debate with you, darthsith. You don't make any sense. laughing laughing laughing laughing
SOOOO True...but i don't make sense some times, also... embarrasment

Thorin
laughing when do any of us make sense.

Sorgo the Cruel
Originally posted by Thorin
laughing when do any of us make sense.

That was a ridiculous question.

Illustrious
The official script is the movie in written form. The novelization allows for interpretation on the part of the author. GL reads and makes corrections to the script, he does not do so for the novelization. Elements of the novelization at the author's discretion are not G-canon. An example of this is that the script says Mace kicked the saber from Sidious' hand, while the novelization said he slashed it. Script > Novelization.

When was it shown that he threw them? He just had to break the beam and watch this marvvelous phenomenom called projectile motion go into effect. Yoda had to stop them, reverse them, and chuck them back. Learn physics.

And you're full of bullshit. Moments earlier, Yoda tosses and knocks out both of Sidious' guards with a wave of his hand.

Is that why his demeanor changed? Why he stopped laughing, his expression changed, and he had to suddenly leap out of the way? You have nothing but baseless speculation that Sidious could have thrown that particular pod back.

And Yoda did stop it instantly. It took a damn long time for him to reverse it and chuck it back, but he did stop it as soon as he raised his hand and used the force.

Well it's true. If you think any decent warrior is going to tuck away his weapon, you are clearly off your rocker.

Sidious surprised him and knocked the saber out of his hand. Good for him for having the high ground and far better position.

Which third point? This one?

Uhm, good for him. I would try to get away and start a force duel if I got disarmed too. No one is arguing he didn't use his surroundings for this duel, it's just he would not have won on a level playing field.

And while we're on the topic of missed points. I love how you miss all of the logical arguments and substitute your worthless bias. Great job, you're National Enquirer material

Okay, so he can utilize Newtonian Mechanics. What next? He's better because he's taller? Point? Non sequitur.

Sorry, Darthsith, if you want to go, learn some basic logical debating. QED.

Dark Aristokrat
Hey, darthsith:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4641/pwnedbaby0yf.jpg

Lord Darkstar
lol, well done guys, I was going to say basically what Illustrious said but he beat me too it, anyway QED

darthsith19
If he could, why didn't he?

Twice. Vader lost twice (once to Obi-Wan, once to Luke). Dooku lost twice (once to Yoda, once to Anakin). Qui-Gon lost twice (both times to Maul).

They won. What Sidious did, what he could do again.

So you think Sidious, who you state to be far above Dooku in terms of Force skills, couldn't stop one single pod when gravity was in his favor when he lifted three up, against gravity, at once?

And we all saw how more efficient it is to spin a pod than just chuck it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Size matters not. if the both fell? Unless Yoda used lightning on Sidious then I really don't see how he could win without a lightsaber or something to throw.

A loss is still a loss.

WHAT?! Did you see the movie? It didn't hit him because he jumped to the side, out of the way!

It's all right. You can just sit there unable to counter my points stubbornly thinking your right and not even considering the fact that someday you might be wrong.

Illustrious
Ever going to counter my points, Darksith? Or are you going to stew in your self-perceived "victory" for a bit before you bite off more than you can chew?

darthsith19
Okay, I agree. But if the movie leaves out something from the script that can we assume that what happened in the script is what happened in GL's mind?

Well, when he moved his hands with them, thus increasing their speed...

I know physics. And it takes less Force to life one pod upward at an angle than it does to lift three pods straight up.

The point?

So Sidious got nervous. Who wouldn't? If you just took over the galaxy and then went up against your strongest rival wouldn't you be scared?

No. He lifted three pods straight up and it's far easier to throw one pod downward than three pods straight up.

He stopped the one pod instantly, but it took him a while to stop the pod attack, meaning Sidious was attacking with pods for a while before Yoda stopped one.

I can tell you know alot about the art of lightsaber dueling.

Why did he surprise him? Cause Yoda was overconfident?

Good job, you've proven yourself a better debater than Janus.

Why do I even bother, hardly any of you ever listen to me.

Illustrious
Yes. Because GL looked over the final script personally.

And I'm glad you ignored my points.

STOP SELECTIVELY QUOTING.

I love how you don't bother to concede. How about every point you don't address, I count as your loss, let's see how that works.

He moved his arm, broke the metal stands, gave them a little push and gravity did the rest. He did not do what Yoda did.

If you do know physics, you'd realize it's all about decellerazation. Yoda had to decellerate the object coming towards him and throw it back at an UPWARDS trajectory. That's far more impressive than breaking some metal arms and giving the pods a toss from a higher position.

Are you stupid or are you just pretending? Maybe if you READ the point, you'd notice how pwned you are.

You said: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the only one from the movies to move more than one object at once?

Guess what, you're wrong. I corrected you. You dodged the point. QED.

So you mean it took a flying pod at him to get nervous? He wasn't nervous when Yoda walked into his chamber and took out his guards? He wasn't nervous when this green glowstick was flashing in his face? The whole "Sidious became nervous" was a machinization of a mind that's getting its ass kicked in this debate.

Stop being daft. Quote the entire post, address every point, or don't bother.

Is that why he couldn't even reverse ONE pod that is thrown at an UPWARD trajectory?

Reversing one pod thrown downwards > Barely able to dodge a pod thrown upwards.

Way to change the topic. Did you decide you couldn't salvage that point?

You said Janus was "overkill"ing because he said Yoda stopped the pod instantly. I pointed out the truth in the statement. And you do what? Retreat to "Sidious was throwing more pods!!"

Non sequitur. You're done.

LMFAO. Another non sequitur. Way to prove you have no debating skills.

Do you need to know about lightsaber dueling to know that you don't just PUT YOUR WEAPON AWAY in the middle of combat? How about a little COMMON SENSE?!

Plus, I have experience in fencing and collect swords. Don't talk to me about not knowing my stuff. You're the one that has no clue. What does me knowing "the art of the lightsaber" has anything to do with it being stupid to tuck your weapon away during a fight? And what does that have anything to do with the fact the script proves you wrong?

Hmm... could it be that he needed to use both hands to block the lightning?

And you've proven yourself to be much worse.

Hell, you can't even counter my points, so you selectively pick and choose which lines best suit you, so you attack them and STILL get punked.

Funny, I'm the one that can say that since you don't even bother to ADDRESS HALF MY POINTS.

If you seemed to notice, no one is listening to you because you've done the following:

a.) Denied the official script that says Sidious was disarmed by Yoda.
b.) Argued against physics by saying Sidious had the more impressive feat.
c.) Argued that Sidious didn't get beaten in the lightsaber duel even though he was DISARMED.
d.) Argued that Sidious wasn't surprised about the pod being thrown back even though his expression suddenly changed and he barely was able to jump out of the way.
e.) Used numerous non sequitur's and slippery slopes to try to dodge my points.

Give it up.

darthsith19
This is pointless, your never gonna change your mind. Why even bother trying?

bye

Faroth
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Thanks.....but there once was a thread on where Palpatine's lightsaber went. Are you sure Yoda knock it out? Cuz some people say he put it away.

What kind of moron puts his saber away while fighting Yoda...

Illustrious
This is pointless, your never gonna change your mind. Why even bother trying?

bye

rofl.

After you say something like this:

You have very little leeway to say the above. So you just copped out and demonstrated a good bit of hypocrisy. Awesome darthsith, and you were questioning why people don't listen to you?

calvin44
Originally posted by Faroth
What kind of moron puts his saber away while fighting Yoda...
What kind of moron puts his saber away while fighting Sidious?

Faroth
For some odd reason, the above post made me lose my train of thought. Give me a sec to try to get it back....

darthsith19
Originally posted by Illustrious
rofl.

After you say something like this:

You have very little leeway to say the above. So you just copped out and demonstrated a good bit of hypocrisy. Awesome darthsith, and you were questioning why people don't listen to you?
bye

Jawa Lord
If he could, why didn't he?

Twice. Vader lost twice (once to Obi-Wan, once to Luke). Dooku lost twice (once to Yoda, once to Anakin). Qui-Gon lost twice (both times to Maul).

^ The characters mentioned above are irrelevant.

Sidious lost to Mace, then to Vader then he stalemated with Yoda. So it's about two and a half.

They won. What Sidious did, what he could do again.

Sidious won? Where is this? They clearly stalemated.

What he could do again? Do you have any clear proof that Sidious would have won at level Ground? Sidious couldn't defeat Yoda when he had the higher ground. Logic tells me the outcome of what would happen if he was leveled with Yoda.

So you think Sidious, who you state to be far above Dooku in terms of Force skills, couldn't stop one single pod when gravity was in his favor when he lifted three up, against gravity, at once?

Gear down, big rig. Sidious barely lifted them.

He took them out of their places and basically threw them down.

Do you know ANYTHING about the Laws of Gravity?

It's easier to drop a box then to throw it up in the air.

Did you see him stopping it? Yoda spun the Pod around at a significantly dangerous speed and shot it back at him.

IF HE COULD HAVE STOPPED IT, WHY DIDN'T HE?

And we all saw how more efficient it is to spin a pod than just chuck it roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know we did. It made Sidious jump out of the way, didn't it?

Size matters not. if the both fell? Unless Yoda used lightning on Sidious then I really don't see how he could win without a lightsaber or something to throw.

^ F*ck the what?

Size matters, kiddo. Notice how Yoda flew farther and Sidious just went back a bit? Another Law of Gravity you seem to wish to defy.

If I put a small bomb in the middle of a baseball and a bowling ball, which one do you think is going to fly farther?

A loss is still a loss.

Of course! But the point is Sidious DID NOT win.

WHAT?! Did you see the movie? It didn't hit him because he jumped to the side, out of the way!

Hit who? What the hell are you talking about?

It's all right. You can just sit there unable to counter my points stubbornly thinking your right and not even considering the fact that someday you might be wrong.

Shut down your childish semantics for at least two seconds, Darthsith.

I might be wrong someday, but this ain't the damn day.

calvin44
Originally posted by Jawa Lord
Sidious won? Where is this? They clearly stalemated.
Yoda said he failed, while sidious remained where he did. For sidious, the fight was not to the death. Who stayed and who retreated?

Jawa Lord
Originally posted by calvin44
Yoda said he failed, while sidious remained where he did. For sidious, the fight was not to the death. Who stayed and who retreated?

And you think Sidious succeeded?

Yoda screwed up on his own. HE failed. Sidious DID NOT win. they still stalemated.

Who flew two hundred feet to the ground because of their own awful power?

calvin44
And you think Sidious succeeded?

Yoda screwed up on his own. HE failed. Sidious DID NOT win. they still stalemated.

Who flew two hundred feet to the ground because of their own awful power?
By victory we don't mean he had to kill him, we are just saying that Yoda lost, while Sidious emerged victorious.

Jawa Lord
By victory we don't mean he had to kill him, we are just saying that Yoda lost, while Sidious emerged victorious.

I'll say it again.

Sidious wasn't victorious. That is why they stalemated. He failed as well.

calvin44
His objective was not to die. "You cannot stop me, Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us".

Borbarad
His objective was not to die. "You cannot stop me, Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us".

Yeah...and because he didn't want to kill Yoda he sends Clone Troopers to search and kill him right after the fight. Sidious failed to destroy the entire Jedi order and had to pay for that little "mistake" in ROTJ.

So he doesn't win there...

Jawa Lord

Sidious wanted to kill Yoda. Did you see what happened because he didn't? His army got pwned and a very powerful Jedi came out of it.

Sidious truly failed in the end because he was unable to defeat Yoda.

Yoda failed because he was unable to defeat Sidious.

^ See how they both failed? STALEMATE!

calvin44
Sidious wanted to kill Yoda. Did you see what happened because he didn't? His army got pwned and a very powerful Jedi came out of it.

Sidious truly failed in the end because he was unable to defeat Yoda.

Yoda failed because he was unable to defeat Sidious.

^ See how they both failed? STALEMATE!
Nobdy wins OR LOSES in a stalemate.

Jawa Lord
Nobdy wins OR LOSES in a stalemate.

Okay.

So what do you call it? Since they both lost?

DiamondBullets
A mutual forfeit. wink

calvin44
but they didn't give up. Sidious won cause Yoda quit, right?

darthsith19
but they didn't give up. Sidious won cause Yoda quit, right?
When they foight, Sidious had the upper hand, thus explaining why Yoda ran away (forefitted). Sidious won. Yoda never killed Sidious, after all. Anakin did, with the help of Luke. If it were up to Yoda Luke would have killed Vader and if Luke had done so and still stayed a Jedi Sidious would have killed Luke. A win.

Jawa Lord
When they foight, Sidious had the upper hand, thus explaining why Yoda ran away (forefitted). Sidious won. Yoda never killed Sidious, after all. Anakin did, with the help of Luke. If it were up to Yoda Luke would have killed Vader and if Luke had done so and still stayed a Jedi Sidious would have killed Luke. A win.

Yoda's own power made him fall because he was a smaller opponent and Sidious had the high ground for 80% of the battle and Sidious still failed. Sidious couldn't find Yoda and he couldn't defeat him so he failed.

Yoda taught the young man who brought a downfall to the Empire. The Young man who basically wooed his Father to kill Sidious. If Luke hadn't been trained or been shown the way of the Jedi, Vader would have never killed Sidious and Sidious would have pwned the Universe.

Yoda made Luke a Jedi Master. Who would have made Luke a Jedi Master after Yoda's death? Han Solo? He would have been captured by his Father and turned to the Dark side. Sidious wins.

Yoda is the reason for Sidious failing.

calvin44
Yoda's own power made him fall because he was a smaller opponent and Sidious had the high ground for 80% of the battle and Sidious still failed. Sidious couldn't find Yoda and he couldn't defeat him so he failed.

Yoda taught the young man who brought a downfall to the Empire. The Young man who basically wooed his Father to kill Sidious. If Luke hadn't been trained or been shown the way of the Jedi, Vader would have never killed Sidious and Sidious would have pwned the Universe.

Yoda made Luke a Jedi Master. Who would have made Luke a Jedi Master after Yoda's death? Han Solo? He would have been captured by his Father and turned to the Dark side. Sidious wins.

Yoda is the reason for Sidious failing.
So now you are saying sidious won, when you were just saying it was a tie?
YAHOOOO! We got Sorgo to admit he was wrong!

Jawa Lord
So now you are saying sidious won, when you were just saying it was a tie?
YAHOOOO! We got Sorgo to admit he was wrong!

Can you read? I said Sidious would have won if he defeated Yoda.

Damn man.

And I am not wrong. Go read the script, kid!

There are more situations showing Yoda having the upper hand than Sidious in the Script.

calvin44
anything to deny it....

Jawa Lord
anything to deny it....

You're a fool.

Sidious didn't win because he didn't defeat anybody. Same with Yoda.

calvin44
Yoda forfeitted, which makes Sidious the WINNER.

Jawa Lord
Yoda forfeitted, which makes Sidious the WINNER.

Yoda didn't forfeit. He LEFT.

That doesn't make Sidious a winner. He would have had to have DEFEATED him in some way... Even in a small way... And he failed in doing that.

They stalemated.

calvin44
Yoda didn't forfeit. He LEFT.

That doesn't make Sidious a winner. He would have had to have DEFEATED him in some way... Even in a small way... And he failed in doing that.

They stalemated.
leave=forfeit.

DiamondBullets
^ Yep

It was a mutual unspoken agreement. Mentally, they were both like "Fukk this shit!--Were not getting anywhere! ". It was one big back-and-forth tennis match of Force powers, and they just got sick of it. Yoda was the first one to thow in the towel...which was good for Palpie....

"...above, the victorious shadow became once again only Palpatine: a very old, very tired man, gasping for air as he leaned on the pod's rail"

-page 399 of the ROTS novel.

Five minutes longer, and he mighta had a heartattack...ya never know... confused

Jawa Lord
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
^ Yep

It was a mutual unspoken agreement. Mentally, they were both like "Fukk this shit!--Were not getting anywhere! ". It was one big back-and-forth tennis match of Force powers, and they just got sick of it. Yoda was the first one to thow in the towel...which was good for Palpie....

"...above, the victorious shadow became once again only Palpatine: a very old, very tired man, gasping for air as he leaned on the pod's rail"

-page 399 of the ROTS novel.

Five minutes longer, and he mighta had a heartattack...ya never know... confused

Missing the point again.

He didn't leave because of Sidious. He had just fallen two hundred feet to a Cold Steel ground and it wasn't a product of Sidious doing anything to him. Sidious DID NOT win. Sidious didn't do anything in his power to defeat Yoda because he couldn't! Yoda stalemated with him the entire fight until his OWN POWER threw himself off the Podium.

ROTS Novel is fallible. It says nowhere in the script of either of their Victory.

calvin44
Missing the point again.

He didn't leave because of Sidious. He had just fallen two hundred feet to a Cold Steel ground and it wasn't a product of Sidious doing anything to him. Sidious DID NOT win. Sidious didn't do anything in his power to defeat Yoda because he couldn't! Yoda stalemated with him the entire fight until his OWN POWER threw himself off the Podium.

ROTS Novel is fallible. It says nowhere in the script of either of their Victory.
Actually, this is the point because, according to your logic Anikan didn't kill Mace, he died from falling, even though Anikan was the cause of this. Lucas said that Anikan killed Mace, so using this logic is wrong.

Jawa Lord
Actually, this is the point because, according to your logic Anikan didn't kill Mace, he died from falling, even though Anikan was the cause of this. Lucas said that Anikan killed Mace, so using this logic is wrong.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!

You're the biggest bullshitter mankind has seen!

DATABANK SEZ

Skywalker's blade neatly cleaved through Mace Windu's arm. With his defenses stripped, Windu was easily overpowered by Chancellor Palpatine. The Sith Lord -- now revealed to be Darth Sidious -- killed the Jedi Councilor with a massive burst of Sith lightning that propelled Mace Windu out the shattered window of the Chancellor's office.

Hey look! Did Sorgo just bring a liable source to the table confirming that Anakin didn't kill Mace?

IT WAS CLEAR that Anakin did not kill Mace. Did Mace fall to the floor when Anakin chopped his hand off? No! He started screeching!

Lucas would never say something so outright stupid, and if he did, there would be truckloads of threads regarding the shit he came out with.

This is the second time I've seen you lie, Calvin.

Go away.

calvin44
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!

You're the biggest bullshitter mankind has seen!

DATABANK SEZ

Skywalker's blade neatly cleaved through Mace Windu's arm. With his defenses stripped, Windu was easily overpowered by Chancellor Palpatine. The Sith Lord -- now revealed to be Darth Sidious -- killed the Jedi Councilor with a massive burst of Sith lightning that propelled Mace Windu out the shattered window of the Chancellor's office.

Hey look! Did Sorgo just bring a liable source to the table confirming that Anakin didn't kill Mace?

IT WAS CLEAR that Anakin did not kill Mace. Did Mace fall to the floor when Anakin chopped his hand off? No! He started screeching!

Lucas would never say something so outright stupid, and if he did, there would be truckloads of threads regarding the shit he came out with.

This is the second time I've seen you lie, Calvin.

Go away.
It doesn't matter who killed him, it's the fact that using your logic, they didn't kill him.

DiamondBullets
Anakin may not have personally been the triggerman, but he is definately just as guilty. In legal terms, he would be an accomplice and an accessory to murder.

As for Yoda and the Emperor; you can look at it like this: Palpatine won, cuz he wasn't killed, forced to leave, or taken prisoner--all of his defensive objectives were met. Yes, the fight itself was a stalemate.

calvin44
Anakin may not have personally been the triggerman, but he is definately just as guilty. In legal terms, he would be an accomplice and an accessory to murder.

As for Yoda and the Emperor; you can look at it like this: Palpatine won, cuz he wasn't killed, forced to leave, or taken prisoner--all of his defensive objectives were met. Yes, the fight itself was a stalemate.
yes, But he won.

Jawa Lord
yes, But he won.

No he didn't! He did not mass the power to defeat Yoda! Yoda defeated himself, so they stalemated.

Gravity won over Yoda, not Sidious.

Jawa Lord
It doesn't matter who killed him, it's the fact that using your logic, they didn't kill him.

My Logic told me to get proof that Sidious killed Mace. I did so.

Don't question the fallibility of my Logic when you know nothing of the meaning of the word.

calvin44
Yoda didn't lose, but sidious won cause Yoda left...Yoda could have jumped his little green ass up there and continue.

Jawa Lord
Yoda didn't lose, but sidious won cause Yoda left...Yoda could have jumped his little green ass up there and continue.

After falling two hundred feet on Solid Metal? YEAH RIGHT! You see his size as well? AND HIS AGE?

Please! Yoda's own power kicked his ass. Sidious didn't win because Yoda left. Yoda living was the very downfall of Sidious.

DiamondBullets
Yoda could have jumped his little green ass up there and continue.

Thats true, but he sensed the clones approaching. Like he told Organa--"Careful timing, we will need."

DiamondBullets
After falling two hundred feet on Solid Metal?

Actually, it was hollow.

Jawa Lord
Actually, it was hollow.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?!

THE F*CKING METAL WAS HOLLOW? CAN YOU HONESTLY PROOF THAT? THAT SOLID ASS BUILDING HAD HOLLOW METAL FLOORING?

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I'M OUT OF THIS THREAD FOR GOOD NOW.

calvin44
After falling two hundred feet on Solid Metal? YEAH RIGHT! You see his size as well? AND HIS AGE?

Please! Yoda's own power kicked his ass. Sidious didn't win because Yoda left. Yoda living was the very downfall of Sidious.
Do you know how much solid metal would cost? Yoida could kick the clones asses anyway...

calvin44
How childish Sorgo...i could post 1 time you slipped up under my sig, also...

Jawa Lord
How childish Sorgo...i could post 1 time you slipped up under my sig, also...

Post it right here, and i'll hunt down EVERY SINGLE stupid post you've made and place them all in my profile.

Jawa Lord
Do you know how much solid metal would cost? Yoida could kick the clones asses anyway...

Do you know how much a Death Star, Millions of Imperial Soldiers, Several Officers and Weaponry and Star ships would cost?

Don't use that as some poor reply. Sidious was rich as hell.

calvin44
OK, But did sidious build the senate building? NO.

DiamondBullets

Hah! That was a good one! cool

Jawa Lord

Can you show proof that the Metal was Hollow? NO!

Jawa Lord
Is there any logical reason the Metal would be hollow? In the Databank, It says that Coruscant built everything extra strong due to the fear of attack. Not to mention, when Yoda falls, we hear a small shuffling noise instead of any sound indicating proof that it would be hollow, like a considerate bang or noise.

calvin44
How much did Yoda weigh? Depending on his weight and the relative resonance of the type of metal, it would or would not make a noise.

DiamondBullets
Is there any logical reason the Metal would be hollow? In the Databank, It says that Coruscant built everything extra strong due to the fear of attack. Not to mention, when Yoda falls, we hear a small shuffling noise instead of any sound indicating proof that it would be hollow, like a considerate bang or noise.

Actually, he bounced of a crashed pod first, which would lessen the subsequent impact of the floor. That explains why there's no thud. wink

Jawa Lord
How much did Yoda weigh? Depending on his weight and the relative resonance of the type of metal, it would or would not make a noise.

As I said, Coruscant's buildings are reinforced from fear of attack. You seen Naboo? Quin putting his Lightsaber through the door? Naboo isn't reinforced metal.

Imagine a building that is.

Didn't hear it when Sidious was pushed. Didn't hear it when the Royal guards were pushed.

Yoda may be light, but when you fall two hundred feet, the speed and impact make you heavier. It's called... .Gravity!

If it's hollow, why didn't Yoda just create a hole with his Lightsaber and await Bail? Instead of forcing himself to go through a shaft filled with wiring that could fry his ass?

Why it take him so long to climb through that shaft if it was hollow? Why was the hole down into Bail's Speeder at least two feet high?

Jawa Lord
Actually, he bounced of a crashed pod first, which would lessen the subsequent impact of the floor. That explains why there's no thud. wink He hit the Pod at about thirty to fourty feet to his fall.

That's about 160 to 170 feet of space to fall.

There would still be a noise.

DiamondBullets
As I said, Coruscant's buildings are reinforced from fear of attack. You seen Naboo? Quin putting his Lightsaber through the door? Naboo isn't reinforced metal.

Uh...that was onboard the Trade Federation ship.

and a 30 foot fall from a creature that probly only weighs 20 pounds soaking wet, wouldn't make a very loud sound. On top of that, he rolled it off.

Jawa Lord
Uh...that was onboard the Trade Federation ship.

and a 30 foot fall from a creature that probly only weighs 20 pounds soaking wet, wouldn't make a very loud sound. On top of that, he rolled it off.

Like I said, I have provided more proof that it is thicker by the fact that he had a two foot drop from the wiring Vent system and the fact that the Databank says that the buildings on the planet are reinforced.

What proof do you have besides some guess that came out of nowhere because I virtually outsmarted you with proof of Sidious not defeating Yoda?

Then you only reply to one of my answers?

DiamondBullets
Like I said, I have provided more proof that it is thicker by the fact that he had a two foot drop from the wiring Vent system and the fact that the Databank says that the buildings on the planet are reinforced.

What proof do you have besides some guess that came out of nowhere because I virtually outsmarted you with proof of Sidious not defeating Yoda?

Then you only reply to one of my answers?

I know that Sidious didn't defeat Yoda, what are you talking about? I've been saying that it was a draw.

What else did I not reply to?

Jawa Lord
I know that Sidious didn't defeat Yoda, what are you talking about? I've been saying that it was a draw.

What else did I not reply to?

You did it again. You only replied to one issue.

DiamondBullets
You did it again. You only replied to one issue.

Are you talking about Yoda's fall? I said it was lessened by the pod, and he rolled off some the impact just like when a biker falls off, and rolls out of it.

Im not denying that Coruscant is reinforced.

Darth_Glentract
WTF is this!?!?!

Yoda should have made a massive noise when he hit the ground. Actually, he should have exploded like a drop of water when it hits the ground, but being the Uber-Jedi he is, he didn't. Still, take a 10 pund weight and drop it from 5 feet. There is a loud thud. Yoda, falling from 20 times that and weighing at least 5 times that should have made a very loud noise, no matter what he hit.

Darth_Glentract
Are you talking about Yoda's fall? I said it was lessened by the pod, and he rolled off some the impact just like when a biker falls off, and rolls out of it.

Im not denying that Coruscant is reinforced.

If a biker rolls off and then falls another 200 feet, he is going to splatter AND made a very loud noise when he hits the ground.

Seriously, put down the pipe.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
If a biker rolls off and then falls another 200 feet, he is going to splatter AND made a very loud noise when he hits the ground.

Seriously, put down the pipe.

sad Okay *puts down pipe*

Yeah, your right. Yoda atleast shoulda broken an arm and some ribs. But hey, its a movie.... erm

calvin44
WTF is this!?!?!

Yoda should have made a massive noise when he hit the ground. Actually, he should have exploded like a drop of water when it hits the ground, but being the Uber-Jedi he is, he didn't. Still, take a 10 pund weight and drop it from 5 feet. There is a loud thud. Yoda, falling from 20 times that and weighing at least 5 times that should have made a very loud noise, no matter what he hit.
Nice theory about the weight, but the weight is about 100 times denser than Yoda, which would make for a louder noise.

calvin44
If it's hollow, why didn't Yoda just create a hole with his Lightsaber and await Bail? Instead of forcing himself to go through a shaft filled with wiring that could fry his ass?

Why it take him so long to climb through that shaft if it was hollow? Why was the hole down into Bail's Speeder at least two feet high?
HMMMM. Maybe he didn't want them to find him. By using a pre-existing route, he leaves no evidence he used that route. The shaft could fry his ass? Thats why the insulation is on the wires, isn't it? As for the 2 feet of dop between Yoda and Bail, there are a number of reasons this could be there..

DiamondBullets
Not only that, but he lost his lightsaber earlier in the fight, Sorgo. (Did you forget that part?)

calvin44
That is true.

Darth_Glentract
Nice theory about the weight, but the weight is about 100 times denser than Yoda, which would make for a louder noise.

You are just being stupid. You are about as dense as Yoda, so go jump from 5 feet and land on the ground, on your back, and see how loud it is(actually, don't do it unless you want to hurt yourself).

Seriously though. I saw a video of a dog who fell from about 150 feet and hit the ground(it didn't happen on purpose or anything).

Guess what happened. There was a very loud noise and a big mess. Point is, it's going to make a ton of noise no matter what you drop. How can you be so stupid as to not realize this?

Darth_Glentract
Not only that, but he lost his lightsaber earlier in the fight, Sorgo. (Did you forget that part?)

His lightsaber fell in the same area he did. He could have gotten it in seconds if it would have done him any good. Looks like you forgot that part.

DiamondBullets
His lightsaber fell in the same area he did. He could have gotten it in seconds if it would have done him any good. Looks like you forgot that part.

^NOPE, NOT AT ALL!

Like he had the time to look for one little object in a massive pile of rubble? The Emperor and the clones were in the same building.

Jawa Lord
HMMMM. Maybe he didn't want them to find him. By using a pre-existing route, he leaves no evidence he used that route. The shaft could fry his ass? Thats why the insulation is on the wires, isn't it? As for the 2 feet of dop between Yoda and Bail, there are a number of reasons this could be there..

Yeah, there are a number of reasons a two foot drop could be there...

Like the fact that the Steel surrounding it is thick as hell.

Find them? Sidious would have had to have climbed two hundred feet below. It would have taken Yoda seconds to rip a hole in your so-called "Hollow" floor and Bail would have come around.

It would have taken him quicker to leave if it was Hollow.

It showed Sidious searching after Yoda left as well. He had to find a Royal guard and his Fat Blue Twi'lek buddy before he searched.

DiamondBullets
He had to find a Royal guard and his Fat Blue Twi'lek buddy before he searched.

Are you referring to the Senate Speaker, Mas Amedda? He's actually a Chagrian.

Jawa Lord
^NOPE, NOT AT ALL!

Like he had the time to look for one little object in a massive pile of rubble? The Emperor and the clones were in the same building.

Massive pile of rubble? Wow, dude.

So... Where was this MASSIVE pile of rubble you speak of?

Jawa Lord
Are you referring to the Senate Speaker, Mas Amedda? He's actually a Chagrian.

You must have fast Internet.

Didn't take you too long to look that up.

calvin44
You are just being stupid. You are about as dense as Yoda, so go jump from 5 feet and land on the ground, on your back, and see how loud it is(actually, don't do it unless you want to hurt yourself).

Seriously though. I saw a video of a dog who fell from about 150 feet and hit the ground(it didn't happen on purpose or anything).

Guess what happened. There was a very loud noise and a big mess. Point is, it's going to make a ton of noise no matter what you drop. How can you be so stupid as to not realize this?
What does the sound of him falling have to do with this?

DiamondBullets
You must have fast Internet.

Didn't take you too long to look that up.

I didn't look it up. I already knew it.

Jawa Lord
Do you have any clue how much two hundred feet is? Yoda would have made a loud noise if he hit Hollow grounds.

If it's hollow, It would have taken him not too long to climb through that shaft.

Why would a shaft be running to the side and down if it was hollow?

Did you fail to realize this?

DiamondBullets
Massive pile of rubble? Wow, dude.

So... Where was this MASSIVE pile of rubble you speak of?

All those broken pods. He really didn't have the time to look for his weapon. Other wise, he woulda gotten it.

Jawa Lord
I didn't look it up. I already knew it.

Of course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

calvin44
Yeah, there are a number of reasons a two foot drop could be there...

Like the fact that the Steel surrounding it is thick as hell.

Find them? Sidious would have had to have climbed two hundred feet below. It would have taken Yoda seconds to rip a hole in your so-called "Hollow" floor and Bail would have come around.

It would have taken him quicker to leave if it was Hollow.

It showed Sidious searching after Yoda left as well. He had to find a Royal guard and his Fat Blue Twi'lek buddy before he searched.
Sidious didnt have to climb "200 hundred feet" he only had to get up in the pod and call for the clones to do the searching. I don't recall Sidious looking for Yoda, just giving his orders to the clones.

Jawa Lord
All those broken pods. He really didn't have the time to look for his weapon. Other wise, he woulda gotten it.

When he hit the ground, there wasn't a massive mess surrounding him at all. Judging by the stadium layout of the Pods, the debris fell into other Pods and Yodas smashed into the Wall.

Jawa Lord
Sidious didnt have to climb "200 hundred feet" he only had to get up in the pod and call for the clones to do the searching. I don't recall Sidious looking for Yoda, just giving his orders to the clones.

He was floating around in his Pod for fun? He still had to obtain Fatass and Royal Guard Boy.

Not to mention, the Clones arrived after Yoda's leave.

DiamondBullets
Of course. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dude, I just read the ROTS novel last week for the second time, everything's still pretty fresh. He appears in all 3 films, as well as the novelizations. In fact, Anakin suspected that he (Amedda), might be the mysterious Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, in the ROTS novel.

DiamondBullets
When he hit the ground, there wasn't a massive mess surrounding him at all. Judging by the stadium layout of the Pods, the debris fell into other Pods and Yodas smashed into the Wall.

He still didn't have the time, knew the clones were coming, and wanted to get the hell outta Dodge!

Jawa Lord
Dude, I just read the ROTS novel last week for the second time, everything's still pretty fresh. He appears in all 3 films, as well as the novelizations. In fact, Anakin suspected that he (Amedda), might be the mysterious Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, in the ROTS novel.

Anakin's a dork.

Good for you!

Jawa Lord
He still didn't have the time, knew the clones were coming, and wanted to get the hell outta Dodge!

He knew the Clones were coming? He says nothing about it and it says nothing like that in the Databank.

Prove he didn't have the time. It showed them searching after he left and he was climbing through there for a good time as well.

calvin44
He was floating around in his Pod for fun? He still had to obtain Fatass and Royal Guard Boy.

He was sitting on his ass in a floating pod, looking down at the ground, WOW, he seamed real motivated to find him.

calvin44

Yoda didn't make a loud sound when he hit the ground, did he?

Jawa Lord
He was sitting on his ass in a floating pod, looking down at the ground, WOW, he seamed real motivated to find him.

He wanted all the Jedi dead!

Yeah... He had no motivation to kill Yoda. Is this why he was floating around the premises in a Pod with a trained Royal Guard and his Left hand man with Clone Troopers scanning the area?

Jawa Lord
Yoda didn't make a loud sound when he hit the ground, did he?

No. It was just a shuffling sound from his clothing.

calvin44
He knew the Clones were coming? He says nothing about it and it says nothing like that in the Databank.

Prove he didn't have the time. It showed them searching after he left and he was climbing through there for a good time as well.
I'm sure a jedi master like Yoda, would expect Sidious to bury the hatchet and say "Ah **** it"

Jawa Lord
I'm sure a jedi master like Yoda, would expect Sidious to bury the hatchet and say "Ah **** it"

Did he expect that when he went into hiding for the rest of his life?

For Sidious not to look for him?

Please. He knew Sidious was trying to find him and probably was hurting FROM A TWO HUNDRED FOOT FALL on SOLID Metal.

calvin44
Sidious and Vader did extensive searches for Yoda.

Jawa Lord
Sidious and Vader did extensive searches for Yoda.

Exactly my point.

calvin44
I'm saying they he knew they were looking for him, and you didn't think he did.Originally posted by Jawa Lord

calvin44
He wanted all the Jedi dead!

Yeah... He had no motivation to kill Yoda. Is this why he was floating around the premises in a Pod with a trained Royal Guard and his Left hand man with Clone Troopers scanning the area?
I was being sarcastic.

Jawa Lord
I was being sarcastic.

Then the reply is irrelevant to what you posted it to.

calvin44
W/E... But Sidious still won.

calvin44
If Sidious went into exile and Yoda stayed there, wouldn't you say Yoda won?

Jawa Lord
W/E... But Sidious still won.

Hahaha! First, you start to say the flooring was hollow when I busted out evidence that Sidious didn't win and now you're going to just outright say he won after I basically terminated that nasty opinion of yours.... WITHOUT EVEN BACKING IT UP?!?!

Ah... This bullshit is gettin' old damn fast.

I'm gone.

DiamondBullets

Prove he didn't have the time? OK...

"Old he might have been, but there was nothing wrong with his eyesight; he scanned the wreckage below, and he did not see a body.

He flicked a finger, and in the Chancellor's Podium a dozen meters away, a switch tripped and sirens sounded throughout the enormous building; another surge of the Force sent his pod streaking in a downward spiral to the holding office at the base ot the Podium tower. Clone troops were already swariming into it. 'It was Yoda' he said as he swung out of the pod. 'Another assassination attempt. Find him and kill him. If you have to, blow up the building.'

-page 399

So basically, he had the Emperor and a legion of clones on his ass. If he went lookin for his saber, he woulda been dodging blaster bolts at the same time.

He knew the Clones were coming?

Every few dozen meters, he paused just long enough to slash a hole in the accessway's wall: once his pursuers got past the cables, they would have to divide their forces to search each of his possible exits. But he knew they could afford to; there were thousands of them

-page 400

He sensed them on his ass.

calvin44
Hahaha! First, you start to say the flooring was hollow when I busted out evidence that Sidious didn't win and now you're going to just outright say he won after I basically terminated that nasty opinion of yours.... WITHOUT EVEN BACKING IT UP?!?!

Ah... This bullshit is gettin' old damn fast.

I'm gone.
I'm not backing it up? If you look back, you will see that you started the whole "composition of the floor" thing. You seem to change the subject when we give you canonica proof that Sidious was supposed to be portrayed as the winner. Yoda failed in trying to kill Sidious. I'm out, i'll be back tomorrow.

Jawa Lord
PS: It wouldn't matter if it was Solid or Hollow, unless he had a possibility of directly going through the floor, which I doubt is going to happen with Metal.

He fell two hundred feet onto Metal/Steel.

So.... If it was hollow, is that even relevant considering he still dropped two hundred feet onto that solid flooring?

Or would it being thicker make it hurt more?

Didn't think so.

Jawa Lord
I'm not backing it up? If you look back, you will see that you started the whole "composition of the floor" thing. You seem to change the subject when we give you canonica proof that Sidious was supposed to be portrayed as the winner. Yoda failed in trying to kill Sidious. I'm out, i'll be back tomorrow.

AND SIDIOUS FAILED IN TRYING TO KILL YODA! GET IT YET?

I started it? Diamondbullets said the floor was hollow. He started it. Get your memory together.

Canonical proof? You mean this?

"Uh... Sidz won. No arguement here, k4yz?!?!11"

^ No. You lose this time.

calvin44
You are changing the subject when you have been told. goodbye.

P.S. If somebody threw an aluminum can at you would it hurt? NO>
What if somebody threw a solid aluminum chunk at you of the equal size, would it hurt? YES.

DiamondBullets
If somebody threw an aluminum can at you would it hurt? NO>

Depends on if it still had beer in it, and if I was sober or not.

calvin44
LOL.

Jawa Lord
Edit: Double posted.

Jawa Lord
You are changing the subject when you have been told. goodbye.

P.S. If somebody threw an aluminum can at you would it hurt? NO>
What if somebody threw a solid aluminum chunk at you of the equal size, would it hurt? YES.

Oh my god.....

You are changing the direct law of weight, gravity and physics. Hello!

Yoda falls two hundred feet onto Solid infallible Metal.

Yoda falls two hundred feet onto Hollow infallible Metal.

He falls through niether of them because they are the same strength and he fell at the same speed.

It also hurts the same as well.

He wasn't having something thrown on him. He was falling onto something.

The two are EXTREMELY unparallel.

Check out the diagram I made.

calvin44
nice.

Lord Darkstar
Yeah good drawing Sorgo, and really to get back on topic, I say that Yoda wins this. He beat Sidious in a lightsaber duel and equalled him in the force.

If this battle took place anywhere other than the Senate, Yoda would have won. I even remember Lucas saying something on this. Don't remember the exact thing but it was something like Yoda was beaten by circumstance, if the battle happened again in a different location, Yoda would have won. I also remember him saying that he wanted to show that Yoda was better than Sidious, but lost because of circumstances.

Jawa Lord
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
Yeah good drawing Sorgo, and really to get back on topic, I say that Yoda wins this. He beat Sidious in a lightsaber duel and equalled him in the force.

If this battle took place anywhere other than the Senate, Yoda would have won. I even remember Lucas saying something on this. Don't remember the exact thing but it was something like Yoda was beaten by circumstance, if the battle happened again in a different location, Yoda would have won. I also remember him saying that he wanted to show that Yoda was better than Sidious, but lost because of circumstances.

It's my 1337 paint skillz!

Sidious had the high ground for more than half of the battle. If the circumstance was different, of course Yoda would have won.

Council#13
Originally posted by Lord Septimus

laughing fatass

tdtd
You know, I have never joined any star wars forums but i've thoroughly searched a lot of them and ive seen lightsnake on a lot of them. I think the term "Fanboy" is for social outcasts, so i'm going to say Lightsnake is Sidious' #1 fan. I refuse to read all 8 pages of this pointless thread, but it is clear that Yoda more than stalemated Sidious while having the disadvantage the whole time, so logically Yoda would take him down in on neutral ground. He was better than Sidious in light saber combat and was equal to or better than Sidious in Force powers.. People said Sidious won blah blah because Yoda fell and Yoda didn't kill Sidious, but if you're going to use that logic, then you have to say Yoda won because he stayed alive and trained the Jedi that brought down Sidious, Empire, and ultimately the Sith..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>