would you go to heaven if you committed suicide?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stop_sign
what do you think...if you believe in heaven and you are "saved" and you commit suicide do you think you would go to heaven or would you be sent to hell.

Darth Jello
1. wrong thread
2. no

DrDoom101
try the religion forum...

K.Diddy
There is no heaven

debbiejo
There's no hell either.....

Ladyluck
I personally don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but apparently you go to Hell if you commit suicide. It's the only unforgivable sin.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Ladyluck
I personally don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but apparently you go to Hell if you commit suicide. It's the only unforgivable sin.

evil face Burn in hell sucka's

Makedde

Great, so homosexuals go to Heaven. smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Makedde
Great, so homosexuals go to Heaven. smile

Besides there probably no being a heaven they have edvery chance to do so indeed...at least in the Christian Religions

But is it really Or os it just hard to ask for forgiveness after killing yourself?

Originally posted by stop_sign
what do you think...if you believe in heaven and you are "saved" and you commit suicide do you think you would go to heaven or would you be sent to hell.

Anyway, talk to people in the Religion Forum they will be glad to help (tell their Bullshit propaganda (atheists as well as religious people)) you.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Wrong, in my eyes. Murder is pretty much unforgivable.
No. You will NOT go to heaven if you commit suicide. Those who commit suicide are sent to the deepest pits of hell.

finti
says who? and how can they back up and prove that?

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by finti
says who? and how can they back up and prove that?
Says me and my religion.
My belief, and the Catholic-Christian religion have all their minds to back it up. I'm not trying to make anyone believe that, I'm just stating MY own religious beliefs, just like everyone else is with their "God Is Not Real" crap.

Bardock42
She's got a point, finti.

finti
and your proof`s of it being actual and real are?

yeah well the Nazis thought their belifs to be right too? And they backed it up too, but what does that prove besides that they agreed on their doctrine and so it is with catholics and their doctrine

DanieLs_4_Ever
and your proof`s of it being actual and real are?

yeah well the Nazis thought their belifs to be right too? And they backed it up too, but what does that prove besides that they agreed on their doctrine and so it is with catholics and their doctrine
Like I said before, our beliefs!
Yes but Nazi's are stupid. They judge someone by their religion, which I am not doing (I'm just giving out my opinion to everyone else, as they are to me), all of my friends at school are Athiests but that does not change anything between us. People have their beliefs, I have my own.

finti
yeah but you aint representative for how the catholic church are and have been, and like the nazi`s catholichs judge people by denominations and religions

((The_Anomaly))
The beauty of religion is that it does not require the people who believe in it to give "proof". They get to believe in it because...They want to.

I'm not religious at all. But in Canada (and the US) people have a right to believe what they want. And I respect that.

If someone believes that killing yourself = Hell because thats what they believe. Then thats that. They don't have to prove anything. Its a moral choice that they feel is correct.

finti
which also makes it flawed

so do they in the majority of the world today

problems starts when they tell others about going to hell

Dawson
In Christian religions, we do believe that heaven and hell exist.
We also believe in two types of sins: venial and mortal. A venial sin is something everyday, lying to your parents, perhaps. You can go to heaven, through purgaroty, if you have venial sins on your soul.

A mortal sin, however, is a more serious sin. Three things must be present for a sin to be considered mortal: 1) It must be a serious matter, 2) You must know that what you're doing is wrong, 3) and You must have full consent to committing the act.

1) Suicide is murder, a very serious matter.
2) By asking on a forum, you obviously know that it's wrong.
3) Once more, by asking about it on a forum, you're showing that you're not being forced into the act, so you have full consent.

Mortal sins are forvigable if one is truly sorry for them, but when you committ suicide you don't have a chance to repent. With an unforgiven mortal sin marking your soul and tearing you away from God, you cannot go to heaven.

That's years of Catholic school talking. If, stop sign, you're Catholic or Christian, there's your answer as the Church has it.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Dawson
We also believe in two types of sins: venial and mortal. A venial sin is something everyday, lying to your parents, perhaps. You can go to heaven, through purgaroty, if you have venial sins on your soul.

A mortal sin, however, is a more serious sin. Three things must be present for a sin to be considered mortal: 1) It must be a serious matter, 2) You must know that what you're doing is wrong, 3) and You must have full consent to committing the act.

3) Once more, by asking about it on a forum, you're showing that you're not being forced into the act, so you have full consent.

Mortal sins are forvigable if one is truly sorry for them, but when you committ suicide you don't have a chance to repent. With an unforgiven mortal sin marking your soul and tearing you away from God, you cannot go to heaven.

That's years of Catholic school talking. If, stop sign, you're Catholic or Christian, there's your answer as the Church has it. Though sin categories are not mentioned in the bible neither is purgatory. According to scripture sin is just sin. Though there was some influence throughout history with writings such as Dante and famous pictures of the levels of hell.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
The beauty of religion is that it does not require the people who believe in it to give "proof". They get to believe in it because...They want to.

I'm not religious at all. But in Canada (and the US) people have a right to believe what they want. And I respect that.

If someone believes that killing yourself = Hell because thats what they believe. Then thats that. They don't have to prove anything. Its a moral choice that they feel is correct.
hug
problems starts when they tell others about going to hell
Yeah but he asked!

sammii
Even if there was a heaven or hell wich i deeply beleive there isn,t i think if someone has committed suicide its really upsetting because they must have been do upset by something or someone wich is not there fault & if god was supposed to be real wouldn,t he have helped the person other wise
& not to comit suicide no 1 deserves to be that unhappy that they take there own life & if they are then i blame god

debbiejo
According to the Catholic church and some others, it is the unforgivable sin. According to some Karma belief (I believe), You will live the same sort of life over and not progress.

Mindship
I like to think this:
If I commit suicide (barring a justification like ending physical suffering from an incurable disease), then there is something that did not go right in this life (I suppose one could argue that would include the disease). Thus, I'm gonna come around again and see if I can get it right the next time.
big grin

sammii
so you beleive in reincarnation i think it would be nice if reincarnation was true far better than heaven & Hell part of be does beleive but i also think when ya dead ya dead n maybe your spirit may linger for a bit but after that yor just a load of bones

debbiejo
Originally posted by sammii
so you beleive in reincarnation i think it would be nice if reincarnation was true far better than heaven & Hell part of be does beleive but i also think when ya dead ya dead n maybe your spirit may linger for a bit but after that yor just a load of bones I don't know about reincarnation for sure either. I just know that we are all made of energy and that cannot be destroyed, so we change forms. Though I believe reincarnation would make more since.

sammii
i agree but still god is aload of crap 2 me theres so many unexlained things with god and his storys that can not be logically answered

stop_sign
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Says me and my religion.
My belief, and the Catholic-Christian religion have all their minds to back it up. I'm not trying to make anyone believe that, I'm just stating MY own religious beliefs, just like everyone else is with their "God Is Not Real" crap.

Ok well according to Catholics you go to hell to Christians(ones who read the bible) you go to heaven so which one is it.

finti
catohlics are christians

debbiejo
Ok well according to Catholics you go to hell to Christians(ones who read the bible) you go to heaven so which one is it. It's protestant and Catholic...And there are many Protestant churches that also teach that it's the unforgivable sin and you go to hell. Only thing taught with Protestants, there is no purgatory....So, I guess you go to the depths... eek! Fire and gnashing teeth and clawing....

devilsreject304
I dont think you will ever know until you try it.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by sammii
i agree but still god is aload of crap 2 me theres so many unexlained things with god and his storys that can not be logically answered
Okay, we get the point that you don't believe in God, and I understand that everyone has their own opinion, but might I ask you not come in here and say "God is a load of crap." People have feelings.

stop_sign
Originally posted by Dawson

That's years of Catholic school talking. If, stop sign, you're Catholic or Christian, there's your answer as the Church has it.

i'm christian and in the bible it says that if your saved the only one thing that God will not allow you to go to heaven is if you blaspheme against the Spirit are you saying suicide is a form of blaspheme?

Shakyamunison
Heaven is not a place we go after death.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Heaven is not a place we go after death.
In your belief.

Shakyamunison
In your belief.

The idea of heaven after death leads to evil. Just like the hijackers on 9-11, they believed they were going to heaven. Heaven after death is a tool that kings used to get common people to go to war. If people never believe in this evil idea, the world would be a different place.

debbiejo
i'm christian and in the bible it says that if your saved the only one thing that God will not allow you to go to heaven is if you blaspheme against the Spirit are you saying suicide is a form of blaspheme? Yes, I know that passage, but what exactly do you think it means to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, it never says suicide. And no where in the bible does it say that people who commit suicide go to hell anyway...It's not in there.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yes, I know that passage, but what exactly do you think it means to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, it never says suicide. And no where in the bible does it say that people who commit suicide go to hell anyway...It's not in there.

There seems to be a lot that is not there. big grin

Makedde
Think about it this way. Smoking is a form of suicide, isn't it? You are killing yourself every time you smoke a ciggarette. If a Christian or Catholic smoked, and died of lung cancer caused by smoking, would they go to Heaven or Hell?

finti
being born is a form of suicide cause in the end you die

debbiejo
Well that's a depressing view...... blink

leonheartmm
goin accordin to teachins of people around me{islam} a person who commits suicide will go to hell and in addition to his normal pain, he will kill himself unstoppably over and over again in the same way and with the same pain and feeling that he did in real life, now THAT wat i call an optamistic relegion!!!!!!!!! no peace even in death due to misery Happy Dance

debbiejo
Kill themselves over and over again in hell? What a mind trip.

DanieLs_4_Ever
The idea of heaven after death leads to evil. Just like the hijackers on 9-11, they believed they were going to heaven. Heaven after death is a tool that kings used to get common people to go to war. If people never believe in this evil idea, the world would be a different place.
Well my cousin, an exact week before he died, had the Reverand of his Church come to his house and the Reverand (at the Memorial) told us how Justin in the beginning of the visit was doubtful as of if he was going to Heaven, but by the end of the visit he KNEW he was going to Heaven. I see no real reason to believe that you're not going to heaven after death, unless you've commited murder, etc. Otherwise there is no reason to doubt your fate. And if you Die and go the opposite of where you were thinking you were going to go, so be it I suppose!

waiting4trotk
"would you go to heaven if you committed suicide?

what do you think...if you believe in heaven and you are "saved" and you commit suicide do you think you would go to heaven or would you be sent to hell."

If you are saved (believing in heaven does not save you btw) you would go to heaven. Being saved means that you are goin gto heaven. Going to heaven means that you are cleaned and pure (in the eyes of God) because if not we could not go there because God is just and holy and cannot have sinners where he lives. Saved does not only mean we are saved from hell but SAVED from our sins. Commiting suicide is a sin, but if you are already saved, then the sin has already been forgiven. So if you were saved, then yes, you would go to heaven.

waiting4trotk
i'm christian and in the bible it says that if your saved the only one thing that God will not allow you to go to heaven is if you blaspheme against the Spirit are you saying suicide is a form of blaspheme?

where does it say that?

nigaz4real
yes and no if you believed in god and was a christian then god would accept you into heaven and might send you back if you were not christain and commited suicide god might still except you but probaly not you might go to hell for wasteing your life that god gave to you and not making something out of it has he wished for you to do so. Also talking about wasting your life god loved you so much he sent his only son on the cross to die for us all so we could be forgiven for our sins and go to heaven if it wasent for jeuses then the gate way to heaven would to this day be locked. When you die cuase we all will so. You will be judge's on the good and bad that you have done if you ask for forgivenness god will deystroy your book of sins and promise to forget about them.

At little prayer for you.
Matthew Mark Luke and John god bless this bed that i lay on four coners of my bed four angels round my head one to sing and one to pray and two to watch till break of day Amen.

stop_sign
Originally posted by waiting4trotk
where does it say that?

Mat 12:31-32 (NIV) "And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Mark 3:29-30 (NIV) "But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."

Yumcarrots
I think we had this discussion in sociology and someone suggested that no, you wouldn't go to heaven because life is a gift from God, & by committing suicide you are destroying what God has given you.

Morgoths_Wrath
well, martyrs go to heaven, and they killed themselves

so I guess it's okay to kill yourself, if you do it in the name of God

Morgoths_Wrath
because if you think about it, Jesus killed himself

did he go to hell? NO!

He died in the name of God, and so he is exempt

Morgoths_Wrath
so to kill yourself as a martyr can be considered kind-of a loophole

DanieLs_4_Ever
Eat spam much?

Morgoths_Wrath
my posts had a point, you just failed to respond

I'd hardly call it spam, more like a series of thoughts. try it sometime

Morgoths_Wrath

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
my posts had a point, you just failed to respond

I'd hardly call it spam, more like a series of thoughts. try it sometime

please do not double post, I think that is what she was saying.

Morgoths_Wrath
please do not double post, I think that is what she was saying.

I think what she was saying is that she didn't have a response to my assertion that not all people who commit suicide go to hell.

DanieLs_4_Ever

Morgoths_Wrath
Hmm...Not according to any of the Moderators on this site. Try that thought in your brain sometime.

It is coinciding with my belief system, you believe what you want to believe, and I'll believe what I want to believe and if I feel like answering the question with my own preference, then I will!

Well, first off if you're going to call a wambulance over a few consecutive posts I'll stop. Sorry. No need to cry about it. I still think you were avoiding the subject at hand, and that in itself is spamming.

And secondly, your statement and your beliefs contradict each other. You're saying that all people who commit suicide go to hell, and yet Jesus killed himself. If Jesus indeed let himself be sacrificed to save humanity, he committed suicide. And yet, he went to heaven!

And what about all the Christians that chose to die before denouncing the name of the Lord? Do they go to hell, simply because they chose not to live? Like I said, martyrs are exempt from hell if they choose to die in the Lord's name. Your religion demands you to recognize this.

Shakyamunison
I think what she was saying is that she didn't have a response to my assertion that not all people who commit suicide go to hell.

It is still frond upon to post more then one post at a time. It is like interrupting someone. You can edit your post within a 15 minuet window and the length limit is 10000 characters. So please try not to double post. big grin

DanieLs_4_Ever
Well, first off if you're going to call a wambulance over a few consecutive posts I'll stop. Sorry. No need to cry about it. I still think you were avoiding the subject at hand, and that in itself is spamming.

And secondly, your statement and your beliefs contradict each other. You're saying that all people who commit suicide go to hell, and yet Jesus killed himself. If Jesus indeed let himself be sacrificed to save humanity, he committed suicide. And yet, he went to heaven!

And what about all the Christians that chose to die before denouncing the name of the Lord? Do they go to hell, simply because they chose not to live? Like I said, martyrs are exempt from hell if they choose to die in the Lord's name. Your religion demands you to recognize this.
Well, firstly I dont know what a "wambulance" is.
Secondly, Jesus (Let me add that it is "IN MY BELIEF" so you don't go haywire.) was put ONTO the Cross and did not kill himself but decided to pass on to save our sins. Call that suicide if you may, but I see no potential form of killing onesself in that statement.
And thirdly, my religion allows me to recognize that Suicide is the evilist sin to commit. But that's just us, obviously, believing that, and getting bashed with a stick about.

FeceMan
Yes. The Bible teaches that the only unforgiveable sin is blasphemy of the Spirit; that is, to, in essence, spit at God's sacrifice and not ask for forgiveness.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FeceMan
Yes. The Bible teaches that the only unforgiveable sin is blasphemy of the Spirit; that is, to, in essence, spit at God's sacrifice and not ask for forgiveness.

Why would it matter to God what a human did?

FeceMan
Why would it matter to God what a human did?
Because we are God's creation, designed for worship and made in His image.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Exactly.

Morgoths_Wrath

Shakyamunison

That is egotistical. God does not need. Maybe your god does need, but then he is not complete. A god that is not complete is a false god.

DanieLs_4_Ever
But he's A Savior to me.
Why would she go to hell? She gave up her WHOLE life because she said that she believed in God.
And it's quite childish of you accusing me to be unadmirable and "wrong" my views are NOT wrong, and I haven't even said that YOUR views are wrong. If my views are "dogmatic" then I'd hate to admit what yours are, words cannot explain actually.

Morgoths_Wrath
But he's A Savior to me.
Why would she go to hell? She gave up her WHOLE life because she said that she believed in God.
And it's quite childish of you accusing me to be unadmirable and "wrong" my views are NOT wrong, and I haven't even said that YOUR views are wrong. If my views are "dogmatic" then I'd hate to admit what yours are, words cannot explain actually.

apparently using words to explain how you feel is not one of your strong points.

Your views that suicide and martyrism somehow exist independently of each other is undeniably wrong. You seem to have a problem understanding that there is a difference between belief and FACT.

She should go to hell because she chose to die rather than to live. That is suicide. What don't you understand about that?

Makedde
Didn't Jesus commit suicide? I mean, he knew he was going to die, yet he didn't stop it. If he knew he was going to die, and let it happen, isn't this suicide?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Makedde
Didn't Jesus commit suicide? I mean, he knew he was going to die, yet he didn't stop it. If he knew he was going to die, and let it happen, isn't this suicide?

Knowing you are going to die, and taking your own life are two totally different things.

Does person who knows he/she will die from cancer committing suicide? I don't think so.

Anyway, in any religion, suicide is a sin - even old Chinese and some pagan religions regarded this as a huge sin.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Knowing you are going to die, and taking your own life are two totally different things.

Does person who knows he/she will die from cancer committing suicide? I don't think so.

Anyway, in any religion, suicide is a sin - even old Chinese and some pagan religions regarded this as a huge sin.

I think you should read pages 3-4 of this thread so I don't have to reiterate

debbiejo
Ok, you can look at that god killed Jesus then. Maybe god should be in hell for breaking his "Thou Shalt not kill"...

Morgoths_Wrath
Ok, you can look at that god killed Jesus then. Maybe god should be in hell for breaking his "Thou Shalt not kill"...

well, God can break his own rules; he's not bound to them like us mortals

debbiejo
Yes. The Bible teaches that the only unforgiveable sin is blasphemy of the Spirit; that is, to, in essence, spit at God's sacrifice and not ask for forgiveness. Scripture doesn't say that though...Just says blaspheme against the holy spirit.

lil bitchiness
well, God can break his own rules; he's not bound to them like us mortals

Is such being worth worshiping? The one that can't even obay his own rules?

I think you should read pages 3-4 of this thread so I don't have to reiterate

What particulars was I supposed to be looking out for?

Morgoths_Wrath

What particulars was I supposed to be looking out for?

that suicide is not always a sin. if you commit suicide as a martyr, you are exempt from hell's wrath and given eternal life. Jesus was a martyr, and he willingly accepted death on the cross. He did commit suicide.

it's explained in more detail in my previous posts yes

Shakyamunison
that suicide is not always a sin. if you commit suicide as a martyr, you are exempt from hell's wrath and given eternal life. Jesus was a martyr, and he willingly accepted death on the cross. He did commit suicide.

it's explained in more detail in my previous posts yes

But if you take the lives of other people, like a suicide bomber, then how could you walk into heaven with all that blood on your hands?

Morgoths_Wrath

debbiejo

Morgoths_Wrath
I think there are verses in there like that if I'm not mistaken. Everyone that is not for is against and of the devil and must be purged or something like that.

I always thought that the Qur'an had a peaceful message... blink

debbiejo
I always thought that the Qur'an had a peaceful message... blink The Qur'an tells us: "not to make friendship with Jews and Christians" (5:51), "kill the disbelievers wherever we find them" (2:191), "murder them and treat them harshly" (9:123), "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" (9:5). The Qur'an demands that we fight the unbelievers, and promises "If there are twenty amongst you, you will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, you will vanquish a thousand of them" (8:65).

Sad.

Morgoths_Wrath
The Qur'an tells us: "not to make friendship with Jews and Christians" (5:51), "kill the disbelievers wherever we find them" (2:191), "murder them and treat them harshly" (9:123), "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" (9:5). The Qur'an demands that we fight the unbelievers, and promises "If there are twenty amongst you, you will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, you will vanquish a thousand of them" (8:65).

Sad.

shocking scared

debbiejo
rip cry <<-----me

finti
cowards kill themselves

Shakyamunison
cowards kill themselves

However, It is the most carriages thing they have ever done in their cowardly life.

finti
yeah well, tell their family that

Shakyamunison
yeah well, tell their family that

One man's courage, is another man's coward.

finti
one man`s courage is one mans hell..................................

Shakyamunison
one man`s courage is one mans hell..................................

I would love to write what came to my mind, but I am Shakyamunison, and Shakyamunison would never, say that. laughing

finti
guess thats where we differ

Shakyamunison
guess thats where we differ

As it should be. laughing

AOR

finti
whos god?

AOR
cowards kill themselves

Auroran....

Guess that puts a whole new meaning to the Cowards die a thousand times but Courageous men die only once...

AOR
whos god?

Is there a point Finti? In arguing that is...

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
Is there a point Finti? In arguing that is... laughing out loud

You need to bring raw meat to coax him.......He's mean!!

finti
why do you think I asked?

AOR

Well we've argued before, and sadly you haven't changed, I haven't changed. The argument hasn't changed. Would it really be worth bringing up dusty old swords to spare again?

Shakyamunison

Ok then, the answer is, you. Great news until you find out that it's everyone else too. eek! confused

AOR
laughing out loud

You need to bring raw meat to coax him.......He's mean!!

I know, we've arg...discussed before wink

AOR
Ok then, the answer is, you. Great news until you find out that it's everyone else too. eek! confused

I'm not God confused

finti
I am

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
I'm not God confused

If that is what you wish...

But you can not separate yourself from the air around you without dyeing. You live in God, God is the reason you live. So, you can pretend that you can fly, but if you don't believe in gravity, it will not save you, when you hit the ground.

AOR
I am

Finti
Finti
Finti

Sorry your not on the Divine List....NEXT

AOR
If that is what you wish...

But you can not separate yourself from the air around you without dyeing. You live in God, God is the reason you live. So, you can pretend that you can fly, but if you don't believe in gravity, it will not save you, when you hit the ground.

I had a friend who thought like that. Didn't hear much from him after he tried to jump the empire state building...

finti
your divine list aint up to date then........................

guess he was
coverd by the term ****ing moron then

AOR
your divine list aint up to date then........................

guess he was
coverd by the term ****ing moron then

That or your not on it...

confused I don't get it?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
I had a friend who thought like that. Didn't hear much from him after he tried to jump the empire state building...

My point was, you can not separate yourself from God. If you do, you die.

AOR
My point was, you can not separate yourself from God. If you do, you die.

You seperate yourself from God, and you have hell...

finti
guess they dont dare to list me then

AOR
If your as good as you say you are, they wouldn't have dared not put you...

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
Finti
Finti
Finti

Sorry your not on the Divine List....NEXT We all are.

AOR
I'd have to disagree. If you were a god, strike me down...

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
I'd have to disagree. If you were a god, strike me down... Why would I want to destroy any of gods creations, we are all part of each other.

AOR
Why would I want to destroy any of gods creations, we are all part of each other.

if you are a god, and god can do anything, than strike me down...

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
if you are a god, and god can do anything, than strike me down... God doesn't work that way, don't you know?

lil bitchiness

Super Kal El
No you go to limbo

debbiejo

I see debbiejo has filled in for me this time stick out tongue But you're the qur'an queen....Just didn't know if you'd be here to set em straight.....lol

BobbyD
My guess is not because it seems to be the act where you come closest to playing God, but I don't really know. Does anyone else really? Has anyone ever come to tell us whether or not for sure which way you go? wink

AOR
God doesn't work that way, don't you know?

And thus He can strike me down, but not you. Therefore God he is, but God you are not...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
And thus He can strike me down, but not you. Therefore God he is, but God you are not...

God is not a he or a she. God is everything.

FeceMan
I contend this.

AOR

God is God, and therefore I can perceive him as I so see fit...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
God is God, and therefore I can perceive him as I so see fit...

Nothingness can be anything you want it to be, but it is still nothingness.

To say that God is a he or a she only shows two things.

1. The god you are talking about is limited. If god is a he, god can't be a she, therefore, there are things beyond this god.

2. The bible says that no man can understand God (I am paraphrasing). Therefore the god you are perceiving is not the god of the bible.

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
And thus He can strike me down, but not you. Therefore God he is, but God you are not... How do you know I can't strike you down...Maybe I just don't want to....BTW, Elohim in the OT didn't have a sex..not gender, so god is an IT. And we are part of IT, because we came from IT.

leonheartmm
Nothingness can be anything you want it to be, but it is still nothingness.

To say that God is a he or a she only shows two things.

1. The god you are talking about is limited. If god is a he, god can't be a she, therefore, there are things beyond this god.

2. The bible says that no man can understand God (I am paraphrasing). Therefore the god you are perceiving is not the god of the bible.

hmmm, than howcome jesus can be his SON?

debbiejo
It's the language that was used at the time. Just as we all called sons/daughters of god....Using son was used to state a belonging to.

examples like:
I am the son of man (son of the human race)
Son of righteousness (doing good)

I can also say I am a daughter of righteousness, the daughter of mankind, the daughter of truth, or kindness, hopefulness, goodness, learning, the people, unrighteousness, strife. It's almost like a title on what you align yourself with.

waiting4trotk
That is egotistical. God does not need. Maybe your god does need, but then he is not complete. A god that is not complete is a false god.

He is complete. He needs no one but he loves us. He chose to have us here. To worship him.

leonheartmm
He is complete. He needs no one but he loves us. He chose to have us here. To worship him.

worship= submission to sumthing which u admit is higher than u n praisin it

hmmm, why wud he need people to submit n worship him when he loves them? is he some type of psychotic girlfriend of every man n woman? who cant get off without praise n worship n submission but still loves u? smile

debbiejo
He is complete. He needs no one but he loves us. He chose to have us here. To worship him. god wouldn't be complete if IT needs something.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm

hmmm, why wud he need people to submit n worship him when he loves them? is he some type of psychotic girlfriend of every man n woman? who cant get off without praise n worship n submission but still loves u? smile

That just cracked me up. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing

God is my psychotic girlfriend. laughing

waiting4trotk
Mat 12:31-32 (NIV) "And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Mark 3:29-30 (NIV) "But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."

Ok, read it and investigated. "But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.". Right.
The Holy Spirit's unpardonable sin CANNOT be something of a sinful nature because it would go against Vrs. 12:31 "And so I tell you that people can be forgiven any sin and any evil thing they say...".
In Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill." So therefore it will be forgiven because these were the ten commandements.. to break them would be to sin and we have been told that our SINS are forgiven.

But the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit. OK, We know it cannot be something sinful (above). Its not actually speaking against him, or resisting what the HS wants to do in your life because then.. you can be saved?? The sin would be that those who can clearly see who Christ is and what he has done and still refuse the fact that they need forgiveness. So therefore they are not forgiven, because they do not feel they need to be, despite everything. If they are not forgiven, then they are not saved, and if they are not saved they will not go to heaven.

So we come back to it. Commiting suicide is NOT an unforgivable sin. Therefore if you are saved and you will still go to heaven because Christ died for our sins and the moment we became saved, all our sins were forgiven.

waiting4trotk
Originally posted by leonheartmm

Because he DESERVES it!! He made us, he made the universe, he sent his son to died on the cross for us. He loves us, he proved so by sending his son, but he still DESERVES to be worshipped.
So we were put on the earth for that.

Shakyamunison
Because he DESERVES it!! He made us, he made the universe, he sent his son to died on the cross for us. He loves us, he proved so by sending his son, but he still DESERVES to be worshipped.
So we were put on the earth for that.

The god of the bible is a limited god. A true God would not need.

debbiejo
So we were put on the earth for that. When we treat others with love, that IS WORSHIPING GOD. That is what Jesus was trying to tell us.

Storm
Worship involves total and absolute devotion, and that means we give up whatever of ourselves is required. What sort of god merits such devotion?

waiting4trotk
When we treat others with love, that IS WORSHIPING GOD. That is what Jesus was trying to tell us.

God does not need. !

debbiejo
God does not need. ! Of course god does not need, I've said that....But loving others is an act of worship and respect.

Shakyamunison
God does not need. !

So God does not need to be worshiped?

waiting4trotk
Originally posted by Storm
Worship involves total and absolute devotion, and that means we give up whatever of ourselves is required. What sort of god merits such devotion?

One that has made everything you see. One that created the universe. One that let us EXIST...
One that loves us, despite the fact we are his creation, and sinners.

waiting4trotk
So God does not need to be worshiped?

No

finti
why was the first commandment made the way it is if that was so?

debbiejo
One that has made everything you see. One that created the universe. One that let us EXIST...
One that loves us, despite the fact we are his creation, and sinners. Do all the other planets worship him too?

Nightwing Gurl
as ive heard - u commiet sucide - u go to hell

Makedde
Originally posted by Nightwing Gurl
as ive heard - u commiet sucide - u go to hell

That's your opinion. If I killed myself, I wouldn't go to Hell. Why? Because there is no Hell. smile

Shakyamunison
No

How would you know? I say you are wrong, you worship a god that does not need your worship. If God has needs, then God is incomplete. That means God is not perfect. So are you saying that God is not perfect? Just because you need to worship god, does not mean that God needs you.

stop_sign
How would you know? I say you are wrong, you worship a god that does not need your worship. If God has needs, then God is incomplete. That means God is not perfect. So are you saying that God is not perfect? Just because you need to worship god, does not mean that God needs you.

God does not go off praise and worship we worship as a form of honor and love...and no God does not need us but he loves us(in my opinion so dont kill me)...and God is perfect ...or else he really couldnt be God he would be just like us.

Shakyamunison
God does not go off praise and worship we worship as a form of honor and love...and no God does not need us but he loves us(in my opinion so dont kill me)...and God is perfect ...or else he really couldnt be God he would be just like us.

Good answer.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>