Hercules vs. Tiger Shark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
Tiger Shark is a match for Namor, the Sub-Mariner

can he match the Prince of Power,Hercules... who is in the same class then Thor or Hulk ?

i doubt it.... when Zemo wanted to take over the Avengers Headquarter.... he battled Tiger Shark and other .. "freaks" ... at the same time..... and by the way.... at this time.. he was drunken wink

guy222
herc

SuperiorTech
Didnt miss marvel nearly beat Tiger shark to death in Fallen son Avengers.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Betageuze
Tiger Shark is a match for Namor, the Sub-Mariner.....

No he isnt. back in the 70's and possibly early 80's yea, but thats it. Herc wins this easily.

snoopdogg
This would be a good fight. In water Tiger Shark wins with ease as he has beaten Namor underwater. On land he has given Hulk a hard time. Herc. would win though, but not easily.

JediSamuraiMRB
Herc

tkitna
Originally posted by snoopdogg
This would be a good fight. In water Tiger Shark wins with ease as he has beaten Namor underwater. On land he has given Hulk a hard time. Herc. would win though, but not easily.

Hasnt it been shown that Hercules was even more powerful than Namor underwater?

Hercules wins easily. wink

Horrificus
Original Tiger Shark, class 95, fast, viscious Submariner-beater, wins.

Anything after that loses 10/10.

snoopdogg
Tiger Shark is back to his original levels of power. In the water this is a mismatch, but on land Shark can hand for a bit as he did with Savage Hulk.

Horrificus
People that never read any of the old stuff don't know how bad Tiger Shark was.
I was a bad mutha.

King_Mungi
In PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #15, Punisher ko'es Tiger Shark sad

Horrificus
Originally posted by King_Mungi
In PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #15, Punisher ko'es Tiger Shark sad How friggin sad is that?
Geez, the writing at Marvel is so messed up sometimes.

Blax_Hydralisk
In PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #15, Punisher ko'es Tiger Shark sad

Wow, are you serious.

King_Mungi
Punisher even knocked out TS's teeth by closing it shut

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12696

strengthkills
Originally posted by snoopdogg

A hard time are you serious,Hulk WTF pwned old school Tiger shark on land.

Horrificus
Hulk "Owned" the class 95 TS that was on Submariner's Level?

Scans?

strengthkills
Originally posted by Horrificus
Hulk "Owned" the class 95 TS that was on Submariner's Level?

Scans?

No scanner or Cd display so I cant download it,but feel free to find it and read it if ywou can find it.

jrodslam
Can someone please tell me when Tigershark was cl 95? Please.

strengthkills
Originally posted by jrodslam
Can someone please tell me when Tigershark was cl 95? Please.

He wasnt,more like Old school class 80,strong enough to hang with some heavy hitters.

jrodslam
Originally posted by strengthkills
He wasnt,more like Old school class 80,strong enough to hang with some heavy hitters.

Like i stated before. Back in the 70's early 80's, Tiger Shark had a chance to hand with the heavy hitters. Anythign after that, and he gets is arse handed to him. Currently hes a joke and would lose pretty easy.

Horrificus
when he was first created. he was basically given everything Namor had, except flight. but,instead of that, TS was like a class 95 sabertooth.

endrict
Tiger shark as in the Wolverine villain?

lft4ded
Wow, this is an eye-opener! I only know him from appearing in Wolverine way back when (with the likes of Roughhouse) and I wasn't too impressed then.

I know better now.

Horrificus
Yeah, they ruined him. They turned him into the jobber that would get kicked around for whatever character was newly popular.

In the beginning, he was SERIOUS.

He boasted about fighting monsters the size of aircraft carriers at the bottom of the ocean.

Look what I found online:

http://www.truveo.com/Marvel-Comics-Tiger-Shark/id/1620214004

endrict
One of my favorite Wolverine issues is when Tiger shark was trying to drown his ass.

endrict
Hercules ftw.

SuperiorTech
Incredible Hulk 160

Not really much of a fight between the two.

http://img222.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_91364_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_08_122_81lo.jpghttp://img213.imagevenue.com/loc22/th_91365_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_09_122_22lo.jpghttp://img107.imagevenue.com/loc860/th_91368_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_10_122_860lo.jpghttp://img22.imagevenue.com/loc1085/th_91371_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_11_122_1085lo.jpghttp://img31.imagevenue.com/loc779/th_91383_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_12_122_779lo.jpg

SuperiorTech
http://img216.imagevenue.com/loc76/th_91390_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_14_122_76lo.jpghttp://img7.imagevenue.com/loc763/th_91430_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_15_122_763lo.jpghttp://img40.imagevenue.com/loc740/th_91437_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_17_122_740lo.jpghttp://img103.imagevenue.com/loc835/th_91443_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_18_122_835lo.jpg http://img12.imagevenue.com/loc955/th_91810_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_19_122_955lo.jpg http://img223.imagevenue.com/loc568/th_91817_The_Incredible_Hulk_v2_-_160_-_20_122_568lo.jpg

Horrificus
Looked like Tiger Shark got the best of him to me. And, Hulk throwing him in the river and then running away doesn't prove anything.

Still, I miss that incarnation of the Hulk. That's when it was fun to read his books. He really was a "Good Guy" back then.

jrodslam
Hulk was trying to get out of the water rather than fighting Tiger Shark. There are no doubts that Tiger Shark is much faster than Hulk in water, but if Hulk was actually trying to fight back like he does vs Namor, it would have been a bit different.

In the second series of scans, Hulk finally decided to fight back and Tiger Shark tried to run away back in the water. Too bad Hulk grabbed him.

From all that, i would say Tiger Shark held his own in water ONLY when Hulk wasnt fighting back.

Also, i dont ever remember him being in the 95 cl. When was this? When he was first created(from Namor dna), he still wasnt 95 cl, cause Namor himself wasnt even 95 cl. AT THE TIME. TS was never at the lvl of strength.

Horrificus
Originally posted by jrodslam
Hulk was trying to get out of the water rather than fighting Tiger Shark. There are no doubts that Tiger Shark is much faster than Hulk in water, but if Hulk was actually trying to fight back like he does vs Namor, it would have been a bit different.

In the second series of scans, Hulk finally decided to fight back and Tiger Shark tried to run away back in the water. Too bad Hulk grabbed him.

From all that, i would say Tiger Shark held his own in water ONLY when Hulk wasnt fighting back.

Also, i dont ever remember him being in the 95 cl. When was this? When he was first created(from Namor dna), he still wasnt 95 cl, cause Namor himself wasnt even 95 cl. AT THE TIME. TS was never at the lvl of strength.
I am glad you said all that you did. Because, you prove another point that I try to make on here. There are lots of people that talk like they know what they are talking about, without actually having any idea.
Tiger Shark was listed back then in the Marvel Universe character guide with those characteristics. Class 95. And, if I am wrong, it would be Class 90 instead of 95.

On top of that, he was easily as strong as Namor back then, and had proved it again and again.

Next, it's so funny that you describe TS beating on the Hulk while they are in the water, as a questionable loss because Hulk was "trying to get out of the water".

And, you also count the part where TS was trying to get back into the water as a win for Hulk.

Your opinions don't mean anything here.

Panels showed the Hulk get slapped around in the water, no matter why. And then, after tossing TS into the water, Hulk immediately jumps away.

There is no Hulk Superiority anywhere in that whole conflict.

tkitna
Hulk took the offensive once and the fight was over. That supposedly class 95 TS wasnt even hurting the Hulk and that was underwater.

Hercules wins again.

Horrificus
Originally posted by tkitna
Hulk took the offensive once and the fight was over. That supposedly class 95 TS wasnt even hurting the Hulk and that was underwater.

Hercules wins again.
Dude, I don't respect the opinions of anybody that has an "Unspecified Gender"! laughing

Come On. That was good.

tkitna
Dude, I don't respect the opinions of anybody that has an "Unspecified Gender"! laughing

Come On. That was good.

I have really never noticed that. I will fix that and thanks for the reminder.

strengthkills
I am glad you said all that you did. Because, you prove another point that I try to make on here. There are lots of people that talk like they know what they are talking about, without actually having any idea.
Tiger Shark was listed back then in the Marvel Universe character guide with those characteristics. Class 95. And, if I am wrong, it would be Class 90 instead of 95.

On top of that, he was easily as strong as Namor back then, and had proved it again and again.

Next, it's so funny that you describe TS beating on the Hulk while they are in the water, as a questionable loss because Hulk was "trying to get out of the water".

And, you also count the part where TS was trying to get back into the water as a win for Hulk.

Panels showed the Hulk get slapped around in the water, no matter why. And then, after tossing TS into the water, Hulk immediately jumps away.

Yes show your knowledge of those 100% correct handbooks,the place where all comic book knowledge comes from.

Hulk couldnt breathe in water at that time,Captain America would have given him trouble.

If anything it shows Hulk's damage soak.Not being able to breathe while getting hit continuosly by a class "95" Tiger Shark.

King_Mungi
What year did Hulk and Tiger Shark fight in? I can check the handbook to see what Marvel classed him as during that time.

EDIT:
The handbook that came out in 1983 says he can lift/press 70 tons

The handbook that came out in 1991 says he is superhuman class 75

strengthkills
What year did Hulk and Tiger Shark fight in? I can check the handbook to see what class he was in that time.

Juggernaut wasnt a class 100 in the handbooks at that time. no expression

strengthkills

EDIT: The handbook that came out in 1983 says he can lift/press 70 tons

May you have all the pleasures in the world Mungi.

King_Mungi
Just to recap what some, not all of the handbooks say about his power as I'm to arsed to check them all.

Handbook - Lift/press 70 tons

Handbook - Lift/press 40 tons in water, and slightly less on land

Handbook - Superhuman class 75

tkitna
I have books from the 70's with Tiger Shark in them and I agree that he was a tough customer. I'd rate him slightly behind Namor and I also rate Namor slightly behind Hercules.

Its an easy decision for me.

Horrificus
I have really never noticed that. I will fix that and thanks for the reminder. I was just foolin around.

Horrificus
Just to recap what some, not all of the handbooks say about his power as I'm to arsed to check them all.

Handbook - Superhuman class 75

He was from before then.
The bio for TS is that he started out exactly as strong as Namor, but then started weakening, and over the years, has been trying to amp himself back up again.

First Appearance: Sub-Mariner I#5 (September, 1968)

jrodslam

Thank for being happy by what i said, but that doesnt help your argument. True there are some on forums who appear to know what they talk about, and there are some who actually do.

Your firt mistake is following handbooks. They are known to be faulty at times. Has Tiger Shark ever shown to be in the 90-95 cl? Any feats that back that up?

You mention he was as strong as Namor back then, but even Namor himself wasnt in the 90-95 class.

Also, i never mentioned Tiger Shark beating on the Hulk. I said he was able to hold his own, only because Hulk was not fighting back. I never stated that Hulk won once they got out of water. If you can, show me where i said that. I stated that when Hulk decided to finally fight back, TS tried to flee back in the water. It doesnt look good for Tiger Shark because it appears HE'S the one who was trying to follow Hulk and initiate the fight in the first place.

Yea, panels show Hulk getting slapped around in water when hes not trying to fight at all. I guess you think thats impressive. Sorry, but i dont. erm

I never mentioned anything about anyone being superior, but i did say that IF Hulk actually tried to fight back, things wouldnt have looked good for TS.

King_Mungi
He was from before then.
The bio for TS is that he started out exactly as strong as Namor, but then started weakening, and over the years, has been trying to amp himself back up again.

First Appearance: Sub-Mariner I#5 (September, 1968)

What handbook came out in the 1960-1970's? Not sure where you got that then, as for all I know they didn't have handbooks at that time. I could be wrong, just never heard of them.

guy222
http://i108.imagethrust.com/t/668110/punwarj015int6.jpg

Faceman
Originally posted by guy222
http://i108.imagethrust.com/t/668110/punwarj015int6.jpg

mmm

guy222
First, T'Challa's armbar on Surfer. Now Frank chokes out Tiger Shark

Faceman
Originally posted by guy222
First, T'Challa's armbar on Surfer. Now Frank chokes out Tiger Shark

Marvel can sometimes be it's own worst enemy..... sad

guy222
yes

snoopdogg

Handbook - Superhuman class 75 There was that listed him at 80 tons and the 2007 one listed him at 75 tons while wet. So Class 75 seems about right.

Horrificus
He is definitely not 95 now.
But, about the time that Namor was beating on the Hulk, Namor was listed as class 95 or 90, and so was TS. And, it was explained that this was because he was just as strong as Namor.

No big deal. If I can find it, I will throw a scan up there. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter. The rest of the time, TS has had strength levels that are all over the place.
Terrible.

Horrificus
Well, I just found the 1st volume of OHOTMU, and found that TS is listed as class 70.

For now, I have to admit that I am wrong. mad
It's the work of the Devil I tell you!

Hehe. Anyway, that's that.

guy222
herc

namorsubby
tiger shark gets beat up and what not.

he fought namor weakened most of the time.and namor has made very short work of him before.

namorsubby
Hasnt it been shown that Hercules was even more powerful than Namor underwater?
actually.......the exact opposite was shown.

that one time when the avengers all attacked namor underwater.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.