without Burtons movies we wouldn't have had elfman's score

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
And we probably wouldn't have had the animated series either. or superman and justice league

Even though burtons movies arn't all that great, we did get, I would say, the official soundtrack of batman. sometimes I listen to it when reading the comics

Knightfall93
LOL. I love that tune...

roughrider
Elfman has gotten better as a composer since then; more subtle. His score for that film, like the songs by Prince, are disposable if you ask me. Not up in the immortal category, like John Williams work on Superman and Star Wars.

Cascador
Well I've been thinking about what people said to me Batman '89 is a batman film...but if you listen to the soundtrack and look at the vision of the film...Batman Returns is more a Burton film than a Batman film...don't get me wrong it's still a batman film...but it just stands out that it's a Burton film if you listen to the score...the style of it and such...the score sounded more dramatic in the first one...In the second one it sounded a little more fairytale like (what Burton is known for) Still great tho...Love it!!!

SpyCspider
^agreed

Burton in Batman Returns kinda did what Schumacher did for Batman & Robin, though obviously more people hated the latter. They both expanded their version of what they want the Bat-world to be like. If you look at all of other Burton's films...they're very gothic fairy tales, bordering on being eerie and morbid....Beetlejuice, that corpse bride movie, even Charlie & the Chocolate Factory was kinda surreal.

They added more deep bass to the Batman Returns soundtrack to invoke an almost Dracula-like melody. As well as the background opera voice. And Batman Returns had spookier scenes than the first (Penguin's corpse sinking into the water, anyone?), IMO.

I can't imagine Batman having another more distinct theme. The theme in Batman Forever and B & R was too violinish for my taste.

Batman Returns
anyone who even THINKS of comparing that piece of sh** to Batman Returns has some serious problems. there nothing alike, one is campy, the other is dark, one is more like an actual graphic novel, the other is based off the 60's show. when i read this i thought WTF. seriously, know what your talking about before you speak. batman returns is an awsome batman movie, if not the best. in fact, i like it better then B89, same with critics.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
And we probably wouldn't have had the animated series either. or superman and justice league

Even though burtons movies arn't all that great, we did get, I would say, the official soundtrack of batman. sometimes I listen to it when reading the comics

i thoiught the burton movies were brilliant. as far as batman goes, they exceed begins and are far more adult then anything nolan or goyer could contrive in there failed attempt at a spiderman-ish batman movie. batman aint spiderman, so why did they take that route?

i wouldnt say "fail" actually, i'd say "just missed the point".

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Batman Returns
anyone who even THINKS of comparing that piece of sh** to Batman Returns has some serious problems. there nothing alike, one is campy, the other is dark, one is more like an actual graphic novel, the other is based off the 60's show. when i read this i thought WTF. seriously, know what your talking about before you speak. batman returns is an awsome batman movie, if not the best. in fact, i like it better then B89, same with critics.

uh....i hope u're not directing your comments towards me, Batman Returns. Cuz you KNOW how much I loved Burton's versions.

I was just pointing out the how both directors expanded their vision of the Batman mythos to their tastes for each sequel. Like Cascador said, Batman Return was more Burton than Batman. Batman & Robin was more Schumacher than Batman.

Knightfall93
LOL. Is Elfman's tune the one in TAS? Cos I love that... really really cool and dramatic...

SpyCspider
yes it is...slightly tweaked, however.

Knightfall93
In TAS it's kick @$$

Cascador
Originally posted by SpyCspider
I was just pointing out the how both directors expanded their vision of the Batman mythos to their tastes for each sequel. Like Cascador said, Batman Return was more Burton than Batman. Batman & Robin was more Schumacher than Batman.

Thx that you agree on that, but I hope you also agree on the fact that Burton did expand his vision in a good way and Schumacher didn't...

Silverstein
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

if no burton batmovie...then no bat elfman score.

I think there would still be a score similar to that EVEN IF there wasnt a burton batmovie, because most of elfman's score are similar these days, my friend and i were watching the Hulk, and he says "isnt that the spiderman theme?" so i told him, the same guy made it confused

Nevermind
Originally posted by roughrider
the songs by Prince, are disposable if you ask me.

Please, The soundtrack kicked ass.

Originally posted by roughrider
Not up in the immortal category, like John Williams work on Superman and Star Wars.

Sure that work is awesome. However, they don't have to be in the "immortal" category to be great.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Cascador
Thx that you agree on that, but I hope you also agree on the fact that Burton did expand his vision in a good way and Schumacher didn't...

of course, that goes without saying cool

Knightfall93
Elfman music kicked @$$.
It works really well for TAS... what was BB theme? I forgot...

SpyCspider
something melodramatic and drawn out....it was foreboding but also yawn-inspiring.

How's that for enough adjectives? evil face

The Elfman theme had a foreboding intro as well, but then they kick it off in high gear with the fast beats and trumpets. That's why it rules.

As for theme for Batman Forever/& Robin, sick It was too corny for my taste and reminded me of 1920s gangster films.

Knightfall93
I cant remember B&R or BB themes

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Silverstein
if no burton batmovie...then no bat elfman score.

I think there would still be a score similar to that EVEN IF there wasnt a burton batmovie, because most of elfman's score are similar these days, my friend and i were watching the Hulk, and he says "isnt that the spiderman theme?" so i told him, the same guy made it confused

People would still be going

"Nah nah nah nah BATMAN!"

Knightfall93
LOL, I also like the tune of Mask of thr Phantasm! That's cool... and atmospheric

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.