Why do people still have this notion that Batman doesn't kill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman Returns
Batman's been killing henchmen left and right, and nobody says anything about until he kills the main villian. Then the debates starts on his intentions. Why is that? Batman does kill. I know alot of people don't want to admit that, still holding on the mythos of the comic books, but Batman's been killing. sometimes to save lives u have to take a life.....he should only kill when he has to, and in the movies and some graphic novels ive seen, he does just that. but i hate hearing ppl ***** and moan about how batman doesnt kill. he has, and he does at times.

Blair Wind
He has before, but when was the last time youve seen him outright kill someone? Sure make them paralyzed, break lots of bones, cause lots of pain, take them out of a fight with pressure points, or any gadget he has on his person, but kill them? Not any that I can think of.

Cascador
Well Batman didn't kill the Joker...He tried to stop him from getting away...pity accident lol...End yeah altho Batman in BB didn't kill Ra's Al Ghul directly...he is responsible for his death. So both are killers in both films...

NoFate007
Batman's like any other superhero. He wishes not to have to kill anyone and he tries his very best not to, but there are times when he simply must. Every superhero if they've had enough stories have killed at least 3 people - and yes aliens count as a kill, so you can't say Superman hasn't when he's killed various aliens, or something along that path.

atharpina
I see a big difference between "killing" and what Batman did to Ra's.

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by atharpina
I see a big difference between "killing" and what Batman did to Ra's.

As did Batman, which is why he said, "I won't kill you. That doesn't mean I have to save you."

And yeah, Batman will seriously injure people, but tries to avoid killing people, and only kills them if he has no other choice.

GGNORE

SpyCspider
he's just very good at making sure those who he hurts doesn't die directly from it cool

cept when he threw coins in the air for Two-Face to grab in BForever...and then watched him plummet to his death. How's that for "not saving you, but not killing you either"?

Knightfall93
Well, I reckon Batman doesn't kill in comics except in circumsatnces where it's the only way to save millions and even then, he'll try not to and it's usually an accident! That's why I didn't like DKR, it made Bruce too harsh. He killed loads of those mutants, full on murdered Joker, crippled guys with no remorse or anything and he was an old git! Miller should be arrested and why the hell was Bruce always strolling around naked in froont of Carrie? He's a god damn paedo in ity! And I hate the way he messes everything up, he's a good guy and Clark's a good guy, they aren't a rivalry of savage torturing vigilante murderer and government assasin! For god's sake...

Etrigan
I can't think of many instances when Batman has actually been malicious enough to try and kill a main villain fully, except in Hush Vol 2 when Gordon had to actually hold him at gunpoint to stop him from crushing Joker's windpipe.

He only intended paralysis to the Joker in DKR, but Joker took it a bit too far. And true, he did kill a great deal of mutants... but even so.

Knightfall93
err... DKR isn't continuity, its kinda unofficially ELSEWORLDS, so who cares about that shit?

Etrigan
Oh yeah...

As is with the Bloodstorm, Red Rain, etc series. He killed zillions in that, but it's Elseworlds, and he was a vampire anyway.

Knightfall93
He kills demons and vampires etc though...he only actaully killed Dracula in Red Rain. I dunno about Bloodstorm/ Crimson Mist.

Etrigan
He killed a great number of people in Bloodtsorm and Crimson Mist. Including Poison Ivy and The Joker. Oh, and Mr Zsasz, Penguin, many thugs, and Killer Croc.

Probably a few more I don't recall.

Knightfall93
Isn't that because they all become demons and avmpires and stuff?

Etrigan
Nope.

Gregory
DKR isn't continuity. The Batman movies aren't continuity. The vampire stuff certainly isn't continuity. I have no idea what the OPer is talking about.

WrathfulDwarf
Ra's Al Ghul was responsible for his OWN death.

Bruce Wayne: "I'm no executioner" how hard is that to understand? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by NoFate007
Batman's like any other superhero. He wishes not to have to kill anyone and he tries his very best not to, but there are times when he simply must. Every superhero if they've had enough stories have killed at least 3 people - and yes aliens count as a kill, so you can't say Superman hasn't when he's killed various aliens, or something along that path.

True.I have never said that he doesnt kill.He did carry a gun in the beggining of the batman comics and shot and killed people but it was only during times that like you said,it was because he simply had to and there was no other way.The batman from the comics would have done something like have the batmobile go into the jokers warehouse and spray a knockout gas on all the thugs instead of killing them in the cowardly way he did when his life wasnt even in danger.That kind of thing or like putting a bomb in that guys pants in batman returns is something the punisher would do.The first two batman movies were much more like a punisher movie than a batman movie.The punisher would not care about killing a dirty thug in a cowardly way like batman did,batman only kills if he has to and there is no other way.He hates to do it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Ra's Al Ghul was responsible for his OWN death.

Bruce Wayne: "I'm no executioner" how hard is that to understand? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah I hate it when the burton batman lovers always come back with that lame come back that he killed in Batman Begins by saying he killed Ra's Al Ghul by not saving him on that train.Going around sending a batmobile into a warehouse dropping a bomb in front of a bunch of goons is just plain murder,the batmobile is bulletproof and his life was never in danger at that time and yet he goes and kills them.HUGE difference there than when he says to ra' al goul- I'm not going to kill you but I dont have to save you either.Not saving his mentor doesnt qualify as killing someone. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Knightfall93
He says "I'm no excutioner" just before he blows up the monastery at the start ut he only blows it as a distraction bbut it gets out of control... and he didn't kill the Ra's decoy, burning rubble fell on him. That's why all 4 opening Bat flicks are shat!

Cascador
the fact that he didn't kill Ra by his own hands and saying he didn't kill him is a stupid excuse...Batman wanted him dead...he is a killer in BB too, he is responsible for his death cause he could have saved him easily and he knew he was going to die and its what he wanted. He is an avenger and a killer.

atharpina
Originally posted by Cascador
the fact that he didn't kill Ra by his own hands and saying he didn't kill him is a stupid excuse...Batman wanted him dead...he is a killer in BB too, he is responsible for his death cause he could have saved him easily and he knew he was going to die and its what he wanted. He is an avenger and a killer.

Batman didn't want Ra's dead, he just knew that he was too dangerous to keep alive. He said he wasn't an executioner and he never became one. Killing and "not saving" are two very different things.

NoFate007
If you really think about it, he did kill him. He told Gordon to knock out the train and he planned on keeping Ra's in the train while it exploded lol.

atharpina
The train killed him, the explosion killed him, the fire killed him, whatever. But not Batman.

NoFate007
So are you one of those people that say the bullet killed someone and not the person who pulled the trigger? lol

Ok so if the train, explosion, and fire killed him....and not Batman....answer me this:

If Batman hadn't have come up with the plan...told Gordon to use his car to blow up the track, planned to have the train continue to go and to blow up (He did say he wasn't planning on stopping the train, so he wanted it to be destroyed), and if he wasn't fighting Ra's and making sure he'd stick in there until it was pretty much solidified that he would die........if Batman hadn't have done that stuff, would Ra's have died?

Would Ra's have died by simply going on the train like so many people do during the day? You can't possibly tell me that the train would've had a freak accident at that specific time and would have done the same stuff and he'd have died lol

Batman was responsible for Ra's Al Ghul's death. He didn't stab or shoot him, or beat him to death, but he did everything else.

Ganner Rhysode
He didn't know that Ras was still going to be on the train, though, now did he? He planned on blowing up the train NOT to kill Ras, but to save Gotham. The fact that he ended up on the train merely worked out to Batman's benefit.

Etrigan
Perhaps he thought that Ra's could escape.

Lord Shadow Z
Has anyone entertained the possibility that Ra's is still alive? I mean he didn't exactly look worried about being left there, he just closed his eyes mysteriously and the train crashed.

Etrigan
Quite true. Although it makes it pretty clear that they want us to think he's dead.

Cascador
Well Batman from '89 isn't responsible for the Joker's death, he expected him to be trapped, how could he know that the statue was gonna break.

And the penguin was attacked by bats, Batman couldn't know that the bats would cause the penguin to fall in toxic waste.

Doc Ock
Well Batman from '89 isn't responsible for the Joker's death, he expected him to be trapped, how could he know that the statue was gonna break.

Oh come on,what did he think the Joker was going to do?? Dangle there forever??? And if he let go of the ladder he'd be screwed.

And when the statue did break and started pulling Joker down slowly,Batman didn't even try and help him.And he could have.He waited until he dropped before pulling himself and Vicki up.

He wanted to watch Joker die.

Now don't get me wrong I love Batman 89,but Batman was a killer in Burton's movies.

Cascador
well I dont say he isn't a killer...I know he wanted him dead, he said so himself, but how could Batman know he would die that way! And why didn't Batman save the Joker? He had to save his own Batbutt first and Vale's butt.

Doc Ock
well I dont say he isn't a killer...I know he wanted him dead, he said so himself, but how could Batman know he would die that way! And why didn't Batman save the Joker? He had to save his own Batbutt first and Vale's butt.

So you say it was Batman's intention to trap Joker?? By strapping his leg to an old gargoyle statue while Joker was dangling from a helicopter.And you think Batman honestly didn't think Joker could die from this??

Let's pretend that's true,what about when Joker slowly started to fall?? Why didn't Batman try and pull himself and Vicki up then.I mean Joker was trapped right?? He couldn't do anything to stop them or hurt them.

No,Batman waited until Joker fell,then he pulled himself and Vicki up.It took little effort too.Only snag was that the ledge broke.And even then he saved themselves using his bat rope thing.No doubt he could have done the same for Joker when he fell.

But Batman wanted Joker to die.

Gregory

If Batman is morally responsible for Ra's death because he could have saved him but didn't, he would also have been morally responsible for all the deaths that Ra's would go on to cause; after all, he could have saved them by letting Ra's die--but he didn't.

Etrigan
I was thinking about DKR. If you look through the fight with the Mutant Leader, Bats was effectively trying to cause enough damage to the Leader to kill him, and not caring whether it did or not. He punches the Leader at one point, then says "His nose breaks, his neck holds." So Bats was TRYING to break the Mutant Leader's neck.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Oh come on,what did he think the Joker was going to do?? Dangle there forever??? And if he let go of the ladder he'd be screwed.

And when the statue did break and started pulling Joker down slowly,Batman didn't even try and help him.And he could have.He waited until he dropped before pulling himself and Vicki up.

Now don't get me wrong I love Batman 89,but Batman was a killer in Burton's movies.

Thats because in Burtons movies Joker is the one that kills his parents and that in turn adds a new dimension to Batmans reasoning.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Thats because in Burtons movies Joker is the one that kills his parents and that in turn adds a new dimension to Batmans reasoning.

The Joker killed Jason Todd,crippled Barbara Gordon,and killed Jim Gordon's wife in the comics.

Batman didn't kill him then either,or allow him to be killed.

Because Batman does not kill.And will do everything he can to stop someone from dying.

Lord Shadow Z
The Joker killed Jason Todd,crippled Barbara Gordon,and killed Jim Gordon's wife in the comics.

Batman didn't kill him then either,or allow him to be killed.

Because Batman does not kill.And will do everything he can to stop someone from dying.

Thats because the Batman in the comics is a whole different character-just because Burton's/Schumacher's version of Batman allows someone to be killed doesn't label the original concept a killer, as you point out.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Thats because the Batman in the comics is a whole different character-just because Burton's/Schumacher's version of Batman allows someone to be killed doesn't label the original concept a killer, as you point out.

No,but the Batman of the movies is a killer.

He also set one of Penguin's circus gang on fire using the flame from the batmobile,He strapped a bomb to the strongman and shoved him into a hole or bunker and let him blow up,he tossed a bunch of coins at Two Face to confuse him while he was standing on a narrow ledge about 100 feet in the air.Then when Two Face did fall,again Batman didn't even try and save him.

He caused him to fall and he didn't try and save him.

Lord Shadow Z
No,but the Batman of the movies is a killer.

He also set one of Penguin's circus gang on fire using the flame from the batmobile,He strapped a bomb to the strongman and shoved him into a hole or bunker and let him blow up,he tossed a bunch of coins at Two Face to confuse him while he was standing on a narrow ledge about 100 feet in the air.Then when Two Face did fall,again Batman didn't even try and save him.

He caused him to fall and he didn't try and save him.

I'm not disputing that the Burton/Schumacher Batman is a killer, all I'm saying to people is: don't tarnish the idea of Batman being a killer because of those flawed films.

Knightfall93
Look, Ive lost a lot of respect for Cascador with his comments. Bombing a bu nch of guys via the Batm,aobile is murder! Batman knew Ra's was far too dangerous, he'd stroll out of Arkham's gates no problem! He had to stop gnocide and knew Ra's could well escape. Also, destroying the monorail was the only way to save however million Gothamites!

Knightfall93
In Burton's, he is a cold blood killer. If you're saying Burton's isn't but Nolan's is, then think again. Batman killed loads of guys in the Burton films, directly or indirectly. He doesnt save a guy who'd kill billions and he's now a muderer... you guys have major issues!

NoFate007

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Joker kicks ass lol.

Knightfall93
In DKR, he's too evil. He's just a terrorist there, killing hundreds!

SpyCspider
I have to agree with Doc Ock on this one, Cascador...I've always believed Batman wanted Joker to die in Batman 1989, despite how much I love that film. For me, that Batman was very Punisher-like and all his use of bombs and missiles proved that. AT THE SAME TIME, I wasn't expecting him to just take a gun and blast someone and good thing that didn't happen. Or stick a knife in someone's throat.

Too many instances where Bats was using pretty lethal force--ie, when he toss that big goon down the cathedral, when he strapped the bomb on to the fat man in Batman Returns.

BUT that doesn't change that I still love both Burton's films.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by SpyCspider

Too many instances where Bats was using pretty lethal force--ie, when he toss that big goon down the cathedral

Oh yeah I forgot about that one.

Damn,he's nearly as bad as the villains he fights.

Knightfall93
He's more ruthless and cowardlt than them...

Etrigan
It's what pissed me off about the Daredevil movie. In the comics, Daredevil refrains from killing as much as possible, believeing it wrong. But in the film, he was callous enough to CHUCK A RAPIST INTO THE PATH OF A SPEEDING TRAIN! Whoa! He was a pretty evil guy, actually. It ruined the entire thing for me.

Knightfall93
Is Daredevil as bad as its meant to be? I reckon the prob with hero films is the need that all films end with the bad guy's death but its wrong in comics! Half these comic films are like Punisher or Sin City...

WrathfulDwarf
In the 1989 Batman film during the fight on the top of cathedral. Batman kills one of the Joker's goons by bangin his head into the bell and then throwing him into the broken stairway. That is not only a act of murder but also something Batman would NEVER do! But given the fact that Burton directed the film and he wasn't introduce to the character properly. As Batman fans (i.e. some of us) we forgive but not forget.

A good example of Batman's actions can be found in A Death in the Family. Using spoiler tags of course:

When the Joker and Batman are fighting in the helicopter one of Joker's henchmen pulls out an Ak-47 and starts shooting. Hits the Joker in the chest and Batman on the arm. The henchman takes out the pilot and the copter goes down. Giving only enough time for Batman to escape, but not to rescue the Joker. Batman is injured so cannot pull the joker out on time. He only has time to say "farewell old foe" and jumps off.

Despite Batman's rage over the death of Jason. He still gave the Joker's plenty of chances for him to surrender to the authorities. The Joker in his maniacal state of mind refuse and taunted Batman. Not once did he snap and try to kill the Joker.

Batman plays by the rules. He doesn't kill! He believes in aprehending and arresting criminals and turn them to the law. He doesn't make justice and then apply punishment. He fights for justice. He believes criminals should always be trial by a court of law. Unlike a cop he doesn't have the luxury of killing in the name of law. His methods of interogation are harsh but effective. And he never murders anyone during his investigations.

Cascador
Both Batman and from Batman Begins are killers! I never said that the neither one isn't...I just said that Batman didn't intend to kill the Joker the way he was killed in the film. He wanted vengeance, no doubt. But I think he wanted to kill him by his own hands rather than falling with a broken statue. Batman from BB is a killer too, he put a whole house on fire with ninja's and altho he didn't kill Ra by his own hands he is responsible for his death. Cause the line he says that he doesn't have to save him is meant to be sarcastic. He knows he's gonna die, cause he asked Gordon to blow up the rails. He knew his own life was in danger that way but that was a risk he had to take. So it was almost a suicide mission.

Knightfall93
He was destroying the explosives and trying to cause a distraction. He didnt want to kill them

Etrigan
He didn't try and kill Joker in Killing Joke though, considering how evil Joker had been previously. He did give him a good whupping indeed, though. But if I was Batman at that point, I'd have beaten Joker to within less than an inch of his life.

Gregory
Originally posted by Etrigan
So Bats was TRYING to break the Mutant Leader's neck.

Nonsense. Not only isn't he saying that, he explicitly declines to use the Batmobiel's guns. How do you get from "His neck didn't break" to "I was trying to break it"?

SpyCspider
I guess you can say Batman in Batman Begins was less direct in his killing, as opposed to Batman in Batman REturns when he strapped a fricckin bomb to a goon's waist or in Batman 1989 when he threw the goon off the cathedral. Batman bombing the ninjas in BB can justify it because he "allowed them to escape" amidst all the mayhem despite blowing their house apart. Just like he "allowed" Ras to save himself on the train, as farfetched as that sounds.

In fact, in BB, the idea of not killing is more expressed due to that scene with Rachel slapping Bruce for carrying a gun and wanting to kill Joe Chill. In Burton's Batman, Bats just goes and takes care of things and casualties occur without remorse. They never emphasized that Batman doesn't kill.

But yea, the line's very blurry and I think in all the movies, his actions led to death some way or another.

Knightfall93
Its hard when they wannt to make a great action film AND be loyal to the comic

Etrigan
Originally posted by Gregory
Nonsense. Not only isn't he saying that, he explicitly declines to use the Batmobiel's guns. How do you get from "His neck didn't break" to "I was trying to break it"?

He punched him incredibly hard, and said that his neck held. So, if he was punching him with a punch that he knew was strong enough to break it, he must have tried to. If he wasn't trying to break teh Mutant's neck, he wouldn't have punched him hard enough to.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Its hard when they wannt to make a great action film AND be loyal to the comic

Wasn't very hard for Nolan. wink

Etrigan
True.

Wasn't hard for the Sin City guys either. But then again, they DID have Miller working with them.

Knightfall93
Im just saying people seem to think the bad guy HAS to die at the end of a film but that generally isnt the case! I think Nolan showed people it can work...

Cascador
True, maybe Batman in BB isn't a cold-blooded killer as in Burton's movies...but he stays a killer. But I don't mind that he kills...is it such a big deal...it's suppose to be an action movie, so people get killed in action...That's just logical. I wouldn't mind if he was as cold as tim burton's batman in BB on the contrary, maybe that would have made him more cooler....cause he has all this nicknames "The Dark Knight" well that just makes him darker....more lethal.

Knightfall93
If he's a psycho mmass murderer the next we'll know is he's started walking around naked, knifing people and scarring a tally into his flesh... hang on, that's been done! LOL

Mr Parker
He says "I'm no excutioner" just before he blows up the monastery at the start ut he only blows it as a distraction bbut it gets out of control... and he didn't kill the Ra's decoy, burning rubble fell on him. That's why all 4 opening Bat flicks are shat!

Exactly.He didnt kill anybody in that scene.a timber dropping on the Ra's decoy guy is hardly killing somebody.duh and as I said,not saving his mentor from the train was hardly the act of killing either like it was when he sent the UNARMEND batmobile into the jokers hideout and deliberatly like the coward burton made him into,killed them and the other example I mentioned,cowardly putting a bomd down that goons pants of the penguins.sorry but thats murder,plain and simple.anybody with logic,would understand that.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by atharpina
Batman didn't want Ra's dead, he just knew that he was too dangerous to keep alive. He said he wasn't an executioner and he never became one. Killing and "not saving" are two very different things.
yep,some people just dont get that though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Knightfall93
Mr Parker, I think you have some very good views on thhis subject! I have to agree... Burto's guy is like a bloody Zsasz or Joker, NNolan's guy is the 1 true BATMAN

Mr Parker

Hell yeah he wanted Joker to die.Thats so obvious by the way he did not even try to save him or help him like you said.he could easily have saved him if he wanted to but he made it clear telling joker he was going to kill him since he killed his parents.Im glad you can at least admit this doc that Batman was defenetely a killer in those movies. wink

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Exactly.He didnt kill anybody in that scene.a timber dropping on the Ra's decoy guy is hardly killing somebody.duh and as I said,not saving his mentor from the train was hardly the act of killing either like it was when he sent the UNARMEND batmobile into the jokers hideout and deliberatly like the coward burton made him into,killed them and the other example I mentioned,cowardly putting a bomd down that goons pants of the penguins.sorry but thats murder,plain and simple.anybody with logic,would understand that.

Quite right Mr Parker. I forgot that ridicolus scene in Batman Returns. Don't forget also how noble and courageous Bruce was when he tried to save Ra's life when he was unconscious and almost fell to the cliff. He risk his life to save Ra. And even before boarding the train Batman try to stop him. Nolan illustration of Batman is exactly how it should be. That is why Batman is a real Knight not like the SW knights that kill people. Those guys are real murderers.

Mr Parker
Mr Parker, I think you have some very good views on thhis subject! I have to agree... Burto's guy is like a bloody Zsasz or Joker, NNolan's guy is the 1 true BATMAN

Thanks,its great to see more and more people such as you and Harvey Dent joining these boards who know something about logic and common sense and dont live in denial on that subject that batman killed people in cowardly ways.yeah I really like your views as well the way we see eye to eye on things about these movies. smile

Mr Parker
So you say it was Batman's intention to trap Joker?? By strapping his leg to an old gargoyle statue while Joker was dangling from a helicopter.And you think Batman honestly didn't think Joker could die from this??

Let's pretend that's true,what about when Joker slowly started to fall?? Why didn't Batman try and pull himself and Vicki up then.I mean Joker was trapped right?? He couldn't do anything to stop them or hurt them.

No,Batman waited until Joker fell,then he pulled himself and Vicki up.It took little effort too.Only snag was that the ledge broke.And even then he saved themselves using his bat rope thing.No doubt he could have done the same for Joker when he fell.

But Batman wanted Joker to die.

well said doc,again Im really glad to see you have no problem accepting the facts that he killed the joker diliberatey and intentionally unlike many burton batman fans. smile

Mr Parker
Look, Ive lost a lot of respect for Cascador with his comments. Bombing a bu nch of guys via the Batm,aobile is murder! Batman knew Ra's was far too dangerous, he'd stroll out of Arkham's gates no problem! He had to stop gnocide and knew Ra's could well escape. Also, destroying the monorail was the only way to save however million Gothamites!

so you've lost respect for him as well huh? big grin yeah thats why I have done the same thing with him that I have done with batman returns,put him on my ignore list because his logic is laughable.,you should try it,when you do that,you got them blocked from your view and you dont have to read their insane logic and nonsense they sprout off. big grin

Knightfall93
HA HA HA! I think we agree more buy the minute. Lets have more BATMAN and less VICTOR ZSASZ/ JOKER/ PUNISHER with a bald patch. I mean, we all know who ate all the pies after watching Batman89!

atharpina
You know I actually heard they were considering having Micheal Keaton play the Joker in the BB sequal? How stupid of an idea would that be? If they did that I'd kill someone...probably myself.

NoFate007
Yeah that'd be a terrible casting job.

bakerboy
One thing is that batman let die somebody evil and another very different thing is the cowardly way that he killed in the first two movies directed by tim burton. Any batman fan who has read the comics and know who the character is would know it.

Mr Parker
He's more ruthless and cowardlt than them...

Hell yeah he is.From what little we saw from the bad guys in the burton films,HIS actions made the bad guys look like nice guys.at least from what we knew about the bad guys in those films,I did not end up hating them and wanting to see then die like I did with batman.I mean his killings were far more cowardly than the villians were.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
In the 1989 Batman film during the fight on the top of cathedral. Batman kills one of the Joker's goons by bangin his head into the bell and then throwing him into the broken stairway. That is not only a act of murder but also something Batman would NEVER do! But given the fact that Burton directed the film and he wasn't introduce to the character properly. As Batman fans (i.e. some of us) we forgive but not forget.

A good example of Batman's actions can be found in A Death in the Family. Using spoiler tags of course:

When the Joker and Batman are fighting in the helicopter one of Joker's henchmen pulls out an Ak-47 and starts shooting. Hits the Joker in the chest and Batman on the arm. The henchman takes out the pilot and the copter goes down. Giving only enough time for Batman to escape, but not to rescue the Joker. Batman is injured so cannot pull the joker out on time. He only has time to say "farewell old foe" and jumps off.

Despite Batman's rage over the death of Jason. He still gave the Joker's plenty of chances for him to surrender to the authorities. The Joker in his maniacal state of mind refuse and taunted Batman. Not once did he snap and try to kill the Joker.

Batman plays by the rules. He doesn't kill! He believes in aprehending and arresting criminals and turn them to the law. He doesn't make justice and then apply punishment. He fights for justice. He believes criminals should always be trial by a court of law. Unlike a cop he doesn't have the luxury of killing in the name of law. His methods of interogation are harsh but effective. And he never murders anyone during his investigations.

very well said dwarf.Your post totally shot down every weak argument the burton batman lovers have come up with on this thread.You totally took them to school and gave them and education on the TRUE Batman character and how Burtons Batman Butchered to death his character but Nolans Batman was loyal to it.I think its time now for you to dismiss them from class big grin and thanks for your compliment you gave me on the last page of this thread. smile

Mr Parker
Originally posted by NoFate007
Yeah that'd be a terrible casting job.

yeah just like the terrible casting job Burton did with Keaton as Bruce wayne/Batman. laughing

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Batman Returns
Batman's been killing henchmen left and right, and nobody says anything about until he kills the main villian. Then the debates starts on his intentions. Why is that? Batman does kill. I know alot of people don't want to admit that, still holding on the mythos of the comic books, but Batman's been killing. sometimes to save lives u have to take a life.....he should only kill when he has to, and in the movies and some graphic novels ive seen, he does just that. but i hate hearing ppl ***** and moan about how batman doesnt kill. he has, and he does at times.

Well I havent read the whole thread, I have to get going. But I just had to say what the hell are you talking about, Batman doest kill O_o

If youre talking about the movies, DKR, crimson mist, etc. those are not part of the his official continuity, so those moaners are absolutely right.

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Well I havent read the whole thread, I have to get going. But I just had to say what the hell are you talking about, Batman doest kill O_o

If youre talking about the movies, DKR, crimson mist, etc. those are not part of the his official continuity, so those moaners are absolutely right.

That was irrelevant to the discussion and quite pathetic. The only 2 people I've actually properly argued with 9Doc Ock and Mr Parker) are the ones who sem to have the clearest and best opinions now!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.