Mangog (vs) Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alexanderluthor
Can the Man of Steel take out the guy who trashed Thor along with all Asgard with no trouble?

Discuss!

((The_Anomaly))
This should be in the Comic book Vs. Forum. Not here

Paola
wtf??

vs forum!!! vs forum!! vs forum!!! crazy

stick out tongue

moving...

Ex11B
Anyways..............Mangog should win..

olympian
Silver Age Mangog owns.

Azeld
Mangog takes a good majority.

GODSCRIBE
more like a vast majority..supes may win one or two due to superior speed.

vpokdekjyafmidp
mangog 9.5/10

Horrificus
Mangog bites Superman in half, and rubs his tummy while he swallows.

Then turns, and says, "Mmmmmm, Kryptonitey."

CaptainStoic
Mangog will slaughter him.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by olympian
Silver Age Mangog owns.
Thor beat him in Thor 197 and Supes is stronger. smile just throwing facts out their wink

GODSCRIBE
good old whirlysplat.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Thor beat him in Thor 197 and Supes is stronger. smile just throwing facts out their wink

That was not just Thor beating him. That was Thor, plus Odin's power, plus belt of strength, plus Jagrfelm super armor, all shot down Mangogs throat.

vpokdekjyafmidp
which just KO'd him

Sixth_Winged
This is like Superman fighting Validus. A superman win just isn't that feasable.

He can probably stalemate him by running until the sun makes him his equal.....which would be a long time.

Crease
With a brain, Mangog would probably be the most powerful active non-abstract in the MU. Supes dies horribly.

leonidas
Originally posted by Horrificus
That was not just Thor beating him. That was Thor, plus Odin's power, plus belt of strength, plus Jagrfelm super armor, all shot down Mangogs throat.

i think you're thinking of the wrong issue. you're thinking of thor 24 or 25. he DID beat mangog 1on1 in that book and he did it WITHOUT all the goods you're referring to. he didn't get that stuff til later, when he fought thanos. he beat him with a simple godblast down the throat.

whirly's right about 197. wink

and i wonder . . . if thor ko'd him by blasting inside him, what would full powered heat vision fired down his throat would do . . . ? shifty

(and if you don't think hv is powerful enough, you've not seen enough of it . . .)

oh, and oly may be right -- original mangog WAS much more powerful than more recent incarnations.

Maestro
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

Supes doesn't have Mjolnir though does he, or does supes now have the power to shoot the odin force out of his ass big grin

Horrificus
Originally posted by leonidas
i think you're thinking of the wrong issue. you're thinking of thor 24 or 25. he DID beat mangog 1on1 in that book and he did it WITHOUT all the goods you're referring to. he didn't get that stuff til later, when he fought thanos. he beat him with a simple godblast down the throat.

whirly's right about 197. wink

and i wonder . . . if thor ko'd him by blasting inside him, what would full powered heat vision fired down his throat would do . . . ? shifty

(and if you don't think hv is powerful enough, you've not seen enough of it . . .)

oh, and oly may be right -- original mangog WAS much more powerful than more recent incarnations.

It was not a simple Godblast. It was what I described above in my other reply.

And, a heat vision blast into Mangogs throat would probably result in a Mangog with a stomache ache, and a Superman in need of a new head.

Ex11B
I tell you,Thor has some powerful foes

Mangog
Kurse
Midgard Serpent
Surtur
Ymir
Asgardian Destroyer
Uroc

Along with many others...wow

Horrificus
Originally posted by Ex11B
I tell you,Thor has some powerful foes

Mangog
Kurse
Midgard Serpent
Surtur
Ymir
Asgardian Destroyer
Uroc

Along with many others...wow

Great Googly Moogly!

batdude123
Mangog is too one-dimensional. Basically his only powers are super super uber duber strength (He's even stronger than Thor) and super durability. Because of this, Superman could speedblitz him or stay out of his range and continue zapping him with his laser vision or keep trying to cool him down with his ice breath. Even if it takes him like a day to take him down via the laser eyes, I think Superman would do it and then claim the victory. However, because of Mangog's immense strength and durability, if Superman engages him in H2H, then Mangog will probably take him out. If Superman uses his powers wisely and with his full potential, then I really don't see Mangog winning this fight. That was my two cents. big grin

Horrificus
Originally posted by batdude123
Mangog is too one-dimensional. Basically his only powers are super super uber duber strength (He's even stronger than Thor) and super durability. Because of this, Superman could speedblitz him or stay out of his range and continue zapping him with his laser vision or keep trying to cool him down with his ice breath. Even if it takes him like a day to take him down via the laser eyes, I think Superman would do it and then claim the victory. However, because of Mangog's immense strength and durability, if Superman engages him in H2H, then Mangog will probably take him out. If Superman uses his powers wisely and with his full potential, then I really don't see Mangog winning this fight. That was my two cents. big grin

Nothing Superman has will dent Mangog. You are going to have to come up with a more creative way for supes to beat him. What he has is not going to do it.

Nothing has been able to do any real damage to Mangog.

batdude123
Nothing Superman has will dent Mangog. You are going to have to come up with a more creative way for supes to beat him. What he has is not going to do it.

Nothing has been able to do any real damage to Mangog.

Well, even if that may be true, Mangog is not going to touch Superman either via flight or superspeed. If Superman stays out of Mangog's range, than I think Superman would continually blast Mangog with his laser eyes. Those laser eyes have been shown at full potential to blow up a small planet. Anyway, if it takes Superman like a week of just pure laser eye beams on Mangog, then he'll do it, and that's bad news for Mangog.

leonidas
It was not a simple Godblast. It was what I described above in my other reply.

And, a heat vision blast into Mangogs throat would probably result in a Mangog with a stomache ache, and a Superman in need of a new head.

really? roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8747/thor13my.th.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5403/thor29ci.th.jpg

that's funny, i could swear it's just regular thor -- no armor, no belt, no . . . whatever else you said.

i was wrong in one regard -- it was an 'anti-life' blast apparently, not 'god force', though what the difference is i doubt anyone can say.

and full power hv could do a LOT of damage. swallowing a star is no fun for anyone. or maybe full hv in his eyes? he can't hit what he can't see . . .

Horrificus
Originally posted by batdude123
Well, even if that may be true, Mangog is not going to touch Superman either via flight or superspeed. If Superman stays out of Mangog's range, than I think Superman would continually blast Mangog with his laser eyes. Those laser eyes have been shown at full potential to blow up a small planet. Anyway, if it takes Superman like a week of just pure laser eye beams on Mangog, then he'll do it, and that's bad news for Mangog.

Dude, Mangog has other powers too.
He can manipulate matter, create/alter.
He has unbelievably powerful energy blasts.
And that is just what I do remember.

batdude123

that's funny, i could swear it's just regular thor -- no armor, no belt, no . . . whatever else you said.

i was wrong in one regard -- it was an 'anti-life' blast apparently, not 'god force', though what the difference is i doubt anyone can say.

and full power hv could do a LOT of damage. swallowing a star is no fun for anyone. or maybe full hv in his eyes? he can't hit what he can't see . . .

yes

snoopdogg

and full power hv could do a LOT of damage. swallowing a star is no fun for anyone. or maybe full hv in his eyes? he can't hit what he can't see . . . That's a good point leo. If Supes used his hv in the ways you mentioned he could do alot of damage.

batdude123
Or, Superman could deprive Mangog of his psionic energy supply and make him shrink or vanish.

batdude123

His concussive force blasts wouldn't even do him good in this fight especially since Superman would just move out of the way of them with his superspeed. It'd just be a waste of psionic energy for Mangog. Superman could easily just dodge whatever Mangog throws at him and keep using his heat vision to the throat or eyes until Mangog falls. I really don't see a way for Mangog to defeat Superman since Superman is lightspeed fast.

leonidas

the mangog you're talking about hasn't been around since he was unofficially depowered WAY back. that's the one that stormed asgard and fought odin. somewhere in that arc he stopped feeding on 'hate'. it was hate that made him as powerful as he was.

now he's still a beast, but NOT the same level of beast as he once was.

soleran30
I'll bet if Superman donkey punched Mangog he wouldn't get up for awhilesmile

Horrificus
Mangog has withstood everything an entire race of Gods could throw at him, including Odin, and was never even hurt.
Superman's eye beams are not more powerful than the entire combined migth of Asgard.
How is Superman going to stop Mangog from absorbing stray negative emotions from the entire universe?
Silly arguments.
All Supes can do, is flutter around Mangog, shooting harmless power at him until Mangog, who's profile also shows a degree of superspeed< catches superman. And it is over.

Mangog 8/10, unless you get more creative with Superman's power.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by alexanderluthor
Can the Man of Steel take out the guy who trashed Thor along with all Asgard with no trouble?

Discuss!

Mangog could take superman, thor, doomsday, hulk, thing, etc and none would be able to cause Mangog the slightest pain or bother. This is a silly thread.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by aliveinboston

Not as silly as the people who think Superman can actually win this. sad

KillAll

godforce blast ='s thors might combined with mjolnirs. its also thors most powerful blast

anti-force blast ='s all the might mjolnir can muster without combining thors godly force to it. thors second most powerful blast.

leonidas
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Mangog could take superman, thor, doomsday, hulk, thing, etc and none would be able to cause Mangog the slightest pain or bother. This is a silly thread.

except that thor alone already ko'd him. and horror, you're not listening -- he doesn't absorb hate like he once did. that put him above odin. would a being ABOVE odin be a lackey of thanos?? you must be kidding.

Horrificus
except that thor alone already ko'd him. and horror, you're not listening -- he doesn't absorb hate like he once did. that put him above odin. would a being ABOVE odin be a lackey of thanos?? you must be kidding.

Mangog followed Thanos for the same reason that Thor and the Hulk have followed Captain America or Hawkeye. Because he recognized a smarter leader, a better plan. Thanos had a plan to destroy the universe. And, Mangog wasn't a total lackey. He even threatened Thanos a few times while they were together, if Thanos' plan was not able to finally destroy Asgard.

And, yes, he was above Odin a couple times, and even with Odin on others. He is not as simple as you guys say. For instance, while he impersonated Odin, he was gaining power from the asgardians themselves, absorbing the adoration that was meant for Odin.
He encased Balder in a hunk of amber, dissolved Ingron, (a God).

He can get power from multiple sources, and again, yes, he had Odin shaking. And, maybe he saw that Thanos could accomplish something that he had been unable to do so far.

After all, Thanos has defeated beings of great power. Maybe not always in a straight fight, but in any way he fels he must. Like when he stole the infinity gem from inbetweener, and then left him there to face Order and Chaos. I would expect that would be considered a win.

So, yeah, Mangog, or a skyfather, or any other creature might be scared of facing Thanos, even if they normally could beat him in a straight fight. That is why a leader is not always the most powerful part of a group.

Horrificus
The way we talk about Galactus, the Celestials, Ganthet and Darkseid, with their various powers and energies at their disposals, is kind of what Mangog is to shear physical destruction and durability.

He is basically a cosmic-level or abstract entity, without the "cosmic".

Think of it this way: Take all of Asgard, or the Olympians or Apokolypse, and combine those races into single separate beings.

Are you saying that Supes can beat that? Because, that is what Mangog is. Maybe Supes can take one being at a time, but not all of that power rolled into one.

tdawg14
Mangog would tear Supes apart. Literally

grey fox
Mangog trashes supes , then rapes supergirl and rips superboy in half. He also kills the kents and steel.

Mangog-Meanest bastard in the universe

Ex11B
Great Googly Moogly!

laughing eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.