Qt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TigerStrp1
I think Quentin has almost no experience as a director. He and his films always go with the gore! Lets look at halloween that movie had almost no gore in it, at all! He wanted to do James Bond 21 but the producers turned him down because of the gore! Lets just hope he does a Halloween or Friday the 13th film and lets hope he just knocks our socks off in that!
Tiger

Deathblow
Originally posted by TigerStrp1
I think Quentin has almost no experience as a director.

Yeah. He's only written seven movies and directed five, pretty much all of which have risen to cult status, and two of which are regarded as amongst the finest films of their decade, and worked with Harvey Keitel, Michael Madsen, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Robert Rodriguez, Uma Thurman, Steve Buscemi and David Carradine (to name a few), not to mention the fact that he is more film-literate than 98% of the world's population. Oh yeah, and didn't he like, revolutionize the crime genre or something?

I won't even start on the gore thing, cos if you really think PF and RD are gory, you obviously haven't seen many movies. Jackie Brown being one of them.

Do your homework buddy wink

DarkWizard
^thumb up

QT is an amazing Writer/Director, and if you don't get his messaqges, than may I call you a very sad film viewer.

I'll Co-sign everything DB just said.

But I will say that The fact that he Made 'Reservoir Dogs' So amazingly great with just under 1 million as his budget KINDA proves that he may posses some experience and discipline as a director. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nevermind
Originally posted by Deathblow
Yeah. He's only written seven movies and directed five, pretty much all of which have risen to cult status, and two of which are regarded as amongst the finest films of their decade, and worked with Harvey Keitel, Michael Madsen, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Robert Rodriguez, Uma Thurman, Steve Buscemi and David Carradine (to name a few), not to mention the fact that he is more film-literate than 98% of the world's population. Oh yeah, and didn't he like, revolutionize the crime genre or something?

I won't even start on the gore thing, cos if you really think PF and RD are gory, you obviously haven't seen many movies. Jackie Brown being one of them.

Do your homework buddy wink

Excellent post. I don't think I can add anything from the 2 posts above me.

Bardock42
I don't think he overuses Gore. Well the only really gory movie that comes to my mind would be Kill Bill one..and then that is just a Theme of the movie..that it is overly portrayed.

Deathblow
But I disagree with that too. Ok, so Kill Bill isn't exactly a pacifist utopia, but aside from the fact that Vol.2 has very little extended violence in it, the ''gore'' is pretty much all just blood and flesh wounds (''gore'' to me is stuff like entrails being ripped out and faces being removed), and the way blood spurts from wounds is deliberately cartoonish. Also, he put by far the goriest scene from both movies in black and white.

DarkWizard
(''gore'' to me is stuff like entrails being ripped out and faces being removed)

That's why he Wrote 'From Dusk Till Dawn'. cool

Deathblow
Tittie Twisting goodness droolio

DarkWizard
Tittie Twisting goodness droolio

lol All Kinds a P*ssy!

Nevermind
But I disagree with that too. Ok, so Kill Bill isn't exactly a pacifist utopia, but aside from the fact that Vol.2 has very little extended violence in it, the ''gore'' is pretty much all just blood and flesh wounds (''gore'' to me is stuff like entrails being ripped out and faces being removed), and the way blood spurts from wounds is deliberately cartoonish. Also, he put by far the goriest scene from both movies in black and white.

Ditto. I think that's why a lot of people classify Reservoir Dogs gory. Merely because of blood. I think the word 'Gore' gets misused far too much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.