Green Lantern runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Kyle Rayner runs the gauntlet with seven hours of rest between each battle.

1) Scorpion
2) Shocker
3) Hydro-Man
4) Gamora
5) Absorbing Man
6) Supreme Power Hyperion (inexperienced)
7) Sersi
8) Sinestro
9) Superman 1 Million
10) Doctor Strange

Mider
bump

grey fox
All of them..........

Murda Mase
He'd probably lose at Superman....

The Ion
Sinestro

leonidas
you think he loses to sinestro? at best couldn't that go either way? i'd say gl v sersi would be a great fight . . .

GODSCRIBE
Absorbing Man

The Ion
Originally posted by leonidas
you think he loses to sinestro? at best couldn't that go either way? i'd say gl v sersi would be a great fight . . .
Sinestro's experience would trump Kyle more often than not I think.

jgiant
Absorbing man absorbs green lantern's power and gl loses...right...

StyleTime
Originally posted by The Ion
Sinestro's experience would trump Kyle more often than not I think.
I agree.

Kyle gets stopped at Sinestro.

Darth_Erebus
He gets to 6 and then Sersi kills him.

leonidas
Originally posted by jgiant
Absorbing man absorbs green lantern's power and gl loses...right...

you might be right if absorbing man wasn't shown to be such a moron. he's absorbed cap's shield AND thor's hammer in his day, and STILL always loses. to say he'd win over kyle is a bit of a stretch. if you say no pis, that STILL doesn't work because he's ALWAYS been shown to be a moron, so that IS his character! poor guy . . . sad

GODSCRIBE
Again, Absorbing Man.

leonidas
you might be right if absorbing man wasn't shown to be such a moron. he's absorbed cap's shield AND thor's hammer in his day, and STILL always loses. to say he'd win over kyle is a bit of a stretch. if you say no pis, that STILL doesn't work because he's ALWAYS been shown to be a moron, so that IS his character! poor guy . . . sad

did i mentioned DAREDEVIL beat his arse after he'd absorbed the properties of a DIAMOND!? confused

GODSCRIBE
Jobber Man!!

jrodslam
If Absorbing Man absorbs Kyles energy, wouldnt he turn into the green energy?

If thats the case wouldnt/shouldnt Kyle just be able to absorb him back into the ring?

For example, if Electro shoots him with lightning and Creel absorbs it, wouldnt he just turn into the lightning?

Azeld
Sinestro lost all the time to Hal even when he has the yellow weakness. I think if Absorbing Man doesnt stop him Superman 1m does.

leonidas
Originally posted by jrodslam
If Absorbing Man absorbs Kyles energy, wouldnt he turn into the green energy?

If thats the case wouldnt/shouldnt Kyle just be able to absorb him back into the ring?

For example, if Electro shoots him with lightning and Creel absorbs it, wouldnt he just turn into the lightning?

blink

jrodslam
blink

Whats that suppose to mean? sad

StyleTime
Originally posted by Azeld
Sinestro lost all the time to Hal even when he has the yellow weakness. I think if Absorbing Man doesnt stop him Superman 1m does.
Kyle is not Hal. Sinestro also gives Hal a really good run when they fight. It's not like Hal just wastes him.

Mider
why is strange above superman 1million is not like he can gather all the power he needs in a mila second

Azeld
Originally posted by StyleTime
Kyle is not Hal. Sinestro also gives Hal a really good run when they fight. It's not like Hal just wastes him.

True but even with the yellow weakness Hal still won. I think Kyle can take this by a slim majority.

Sixth_Winged
stops at sersi.

Draco69
Sinestro. Sersi is no threat. Anything she can do, Green Lantern can do better.

Sixth_Winged
You mean GL's are also high end telepaths?

Draco69
If they want to be. Either telepathically battling Hammond or Ganthet. Remember, the ring can give them any damn power they want. And writers have to underwrite them to save their stories....

DC Reader: Can't Superman just speedblitz Toyman?

DC Writer: Shut the f*** up!

Sixth_Winged
Well it sure is covered by CIS since they haven't displayed such ability, only thing i've seen is them producing a TP resistant shielding. And he doesn't certainly exceed Sersi in Matter manipulation. He has to point the ring at said object to be able to do so, while Sersi just thinks and you're a gonner.

At the start of the match, Sersi has a plethora of instant attacks she could conjur and GL would be guessing which to put first, TP shield or protect himself against being turned into an animal.

Draco69
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Well it sure is covered by CIS since they haven't displayed such ability,

I just mentioned Hammond...and Ganthet....

And you must understand that CIS/PIS is what Green Lantern is all about. At the top of their game, a Green Lantern is above herald-level. But writers seem to think a mutated shark and an overgrown robot should be the heroes' number one threats. Much like Captain Boomerang and the Flash.

only thing i've seen is them producing a TP resistant shielding.

Hammond. Ganthet. MM. Mageddon. The Shark. Yadda, yadda.

And he doesn't certainly exceed Sersi in Matter manipulation. He has to point the ring at said object to be able to do so, while Sersi just thinks and you're a gonner.

Untrue. Lantern doesn't have to "point" his ring. The weapon is thought-based. If he wanted to fire a laser out of his ring, then sure.

Ease of application doesn't not necessarily mean superiority in techinique. While GL certainly requires more concentration to perform a said act, his power levels far surpass her. This is a man that can reshape planets and solar systems to his very whim.

At the start of the match, Sersi has a plethora of instant attacks she could conjur and GL would be guessing which to put first, TP shield or protect himself against being turned into an animal.

Again, untrue. Both require thought to attack. Sersi can turn anything to anything while GL can do the same with the added bonus of doing ANYTHING he can imagine. If he wants to block Sersi attacks and nullify them, the ring will do just that.

And for heaven's sake, GL's faced 5D Imps and held their own.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Draco69
I just mentioned Hammond...and Ganthet.....

Once again. Tp resistance, not actual TP. He hasn't demonstrated such. You claim he could do the same and better but obviously hasn't displayed any. And if you're talking altering their DNA, then it's not obviously a power TP grants. And kyle resisted Hammond?

And you must understand that CIS/PIS is what Green Lantern is all about. At the top of their game, a Green Lantern is above herald-level. But writers seem to think a mutated shark and an overgrown robot should be the heroes' number one threats. Much like Captain Boomerang and the Flash..

Above herald-level. Since when? Obviously not all of them and CIS is never eliminated.

Hammond. Ganthet. MM. Mageddon. The Shark. Yadda, yadda..

And let me see, all of this Kyle's work?

Untrue. Lantern doesn't have to "point" his ring. The weapon is thought-based. If he wanted to fire a laser out of his ring, then sure. .

He does, unless you can point a scan where he doesn't. I'll be glad to change my stance.

Ease of application doesn't not necessarily mean superiority in techinique. While GL certainly requires more concentration to perform a said act, his power levels far surpass her. This is a man that can reshape planets and solar systems to his very whim..

It does eliminate some of the time difference. So it is.

Again, untrue. Both require thought to attack. Sersi can turn anything to anything while GL can do the same with the added bonus of doing ANYTHING he can imagine. If he wants to block Sersi attacks and nullify them, the ring will do just that..

Thought, but with action, no.

And for heaven's sake, GL's faced 5D Imps and held their own.

ABC logic doesn't work specially if it's PIS.

Draco69
Once again. Tp resistance, not actual TP. He hasn't demonstrated such. You claim he could do the same and better but obviously hasn't displayed any. And if you're talking altering their DNA, then it's not obviously a power TP grants. And kyle resisted Hammond?

You misunderstand. Green Lanterns can manipulate the "blue spectrum" mental energy of Oan's energy. This mental energy is the psychic energic totality of EVERY sentinent being in the uni/mulitverse. It can be wielded by Green Lantern in defense and OFFENSE.

Above herald-level. Since when? Obviously not all of them and CIS is never eliminated.

They have several feats that suggest it. Blocking the Big Bang. Remaking reality. And then two issues later, Batman somehow hits them with a batarang...

CIS is eliminated on this board. One current example is the conclusion of the OMAC Project. Ignoring the fact that the makeshift JLA had TWO Green Lanterns, the writer made it all up to Batman's EMP to save the day. Gee, Hal and John did you ever think to....I don't know....use that nifty omnipotent ring of yours that can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum and then some, to....I don't know...CREATE YOUR GODDAMN EMP!!

CIS/PIS and DC Heroes come hand in hand with each other.

And let me see, all of this Kyle's work?

Some Hal's. Some John's. Some Kilowag's. Some nameless GL. However it simply doesn't matter. GL's are police officers as their rings are to guns. Add an A.I. that can connect with the central hub which in turn makes the ring update on EVERY battle a GL has every fought and strategies to defeat the same or similar foes. Since they've been doing this for some tens of thousands of years...

It does eliminate some of the time difference. So it is.

Sersi has a peashooter. GL has Marine Tank. Sersi may fire off first, but it simply doesn't matter with the ring protecting him and enabling him to attack with his big 'ol cannon.

Oh and go to the GL respect thread in the Comic Book Forum for scans.

Thought, but with action, no.

Sersi's actions are through thought. As with GL's.

ABC logic doesn't work specially if it's PIS.

It does show however that GL is capable of battling reality warpers and matter manipulating foes.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Azeld
True but even with the yellow weakness Hal still won. I think Kyle can take this by a slim majority.
Once again you can't use Hal's superiority over Sinestro as evidence for Kyle. Kyle has already lost to Sinestro...horribly. In fact, Hal had to save Kyle and Green Arrow(Ollie) from Sinestro when they fought in the Watchtower.

I wish I had a scanner so I could put the images up here. I may be able to do it tomorrow. I assure you, Kyle got his butt kicked when he fought Sinestro. Sinestro is far too experienced to lose to Kyle at the moment.

jrodslam
Originally posted by StyleTime
Once again you can't use Hal's superiority over Sinestro as evidence for Kyle. Kyle has already lost to Sinestro...horribly. In fact, Hal had to save Kyle and Green Arrow(Ollie) from Sinestro when they fought in the Watchtower.

I wish I had a scanner so I could put the images up here. I may be able to do it tomorrow. I assure you, Kyle got his butt kicked when he fought Sinestro. Sinestro is far too experienced to lose to Kyle at the moment.

In Kyles defense, he wasnt even 100% when fighting Sinestro in Rebirth, so that doesnt hold much weight. Kyle has fought Sinestro prior to that and didnt do that bad.

StyleTime
Originally posted by jrodslam
In Kyles defense, he wasnt even 100% when fighting Sinestro in Rebirth, so that doesnt hold much weight. Kyle has fought Sinestro prior to that and didnt do that bad.
Kyle had just charged his ring in his Lantern literally just before Sinestro attacked, so I think he was pretty much at full power. However, Kyle seemed to be battling with the fear from Parallax, so I don't mind giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

Don't get me wrong. Kyle will put up a fight(he still got some good stuff in in Rebirth). I just don't see him actually winning against Sinestro right now like Azeld does.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Draco69
You misunderstand. Green Lanterns can manipulate the "blue spectrum" mental energy of Oan's energy. This mental energy is the psychic energic totality of EVERY sentinent being in the uni/mulitverse. It can be wielded by Green Lantern in defense and OFFENSE.

Is there any instance Kyle has shown the ability?. Can he manipulate it faster than Sersi could just unleash a psi-attack? Was it instantaneous or did it also require the Gl on pointing that ring onto their enemies?

They have several feats that suggest it. Blocking the Big Bang. Remaking reality. And then two issues later, Batman somehow hits them with a batarang...

Except, you know, not every GL are the same. I haven't really seen them block a big bang but just a nova(with help from supes one-million). Typhical lower and medium level GL's have barely shown that kind of power and only the higher tiered ones come close to displaying such. Hence even if they are written properly, doesn't mean they would near or surpass a given heralds ability. And yes, I wouldn't disagree Batman's showing is nothing but PIS.

CIS is eliminated on this board. One current example is the conclusion of the OMAC Project. Ignoring the fact that the makeshift JLA had TWO Green Lanterns, the writer made it all up to Batman's EMP to save the day. Gee, Hal and John did you ever think to....I don't know....use that nifty omnipotent ring of yours that can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum and then some, to....I don't know...CREATE YOUR GODDAMN EMP!!

It is? I've never seen a board that would make normally intelligent people into something they're not.

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

CIS/PIS and DC Heroes come hand in hand with each other.

Nope. CIS is different. You can't claim someone who is proven to be dumb to be in actuality smarter just cause his powerset can be utilized to some degree on intelligence or behaviour.

Some Hal's. Some John's. Some Kilowag's. Some nameless GL. However it simply doesn't matter. GL's are police officers as their rings are to guns. Add an A.I. that can connect with the central hub which in turn makes the ring update on EVERY battle a GL has every fought and strategies to defeat the same or similar foes. Since they've been doing this for some tens of thousands of years...

Not Kyle. Kyle didn't exactly get the absolute training someone like hal did. And even if he did, we don't know if they know about such power. Remember when Hal didn't even knew that the ring could even talk to him once? it was not only did he accidentally will it that it did.

The same goes for Kyle. Every Gl is different as you know. Kyle is heavy on imagination and heart, Hal has tremendous willpower and likes not to use ring and just punch people, John is great on using the technical capabilities it can do along with his proffession. Not everyone has the same willpower to resist TP, not everyone knows exactly the same way the others did, etc. Unless this is Hal Jordan, who is known for having the said level of willpower, i don't see Kyle being able to resist a telepathic barrage that easily. If it came fighting of sheer power and not using indirect attacks like transmutation and Telepathy, then i would acknowledge Kyle has the upperhand.

Sersi has a peashooter. GL has Marine Tank. Sersi may fire off first, but it simply doesn't matter with the ring protecting him and enabling him to attack with his big 'ol cannon.

She is compared to him(unless caught offguard). However she has range of other powers there that might prove more to give her more advantage in this match. There is a normal ring protection aura, however it is by no means great and unless he augments it or puts another layer of protective shielding, he would get hurt.

How could he pull off his big 'ol cannon if Sersi just him to become a mentally handicapped suddenly. If a mere electron messing by Supes blue could do it, what more can an eternal with high levels of Tp do.

Oh and go to the GL respect thread in the Comic Book Forum for scans.

I really haven't seen any. I have seen degenerating an enemy, blowing a planet by john, etc, but never a transmutation to other people without any action or movement. Point the said scan.......like the guy with ring doing that transmutaion.

Sersi's actions are through thought. As with GL's.

Never claimed they weren't. I only said it would be faster since she doesn't have to move not to mention instantaneous.

It does show however that GL is capable of battling reality warpers and matter manipulating foes

I still call it SMvFL. I have a hard time believing something that a high scale reality warper would find Gl's any harder to manipulate.....unless said Gl had prep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.