JESUS DYIN FOR HUMANITY, GOD LOVING YOU, all pure CRAP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
think about it, christians hype up the death of jesus{not an hitorically proven fact but a relegious orientated one only given the dominion of fact by christian governments} to be this great act of sacrifice, but THINK ABOUT IT, what makes it that different from any other guy dyin in pain, he was crucified big deal, other people have been crucified, n many others have gone through much MUCH worse, i mean is is bein nailed to the cross n starvin really even close ot enough pain or sufferance for HUMANIY'S sins? many many people have suffered more in life. secondly god is said to love his creation but wont but will send them to hell if they dont worship or believe in his{neither of which wud mean CRAP to an omnipotent god} existance or power or soverignity, isnt that RIDICULOUS, its like burnin ants if they dont worship u any day, also even a MOTHER would die for a child that has given her misery all her life, her child can do the most hurtful things but a real mother would never stop loving him let alone punish him severely{a piunishment which can not even come close to matching HELL} n lets not forget that she is an imperfect HUMAN, who has limits to her patience/love etc, as stated by god, but seeing as sh FAR surpasses god in mercy, love n kindness, doesnt that render void, the claim that god IS LOVE? seeing as a human easily shows more love than god.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Well...Besides the fact that none of that post made any sense, I think we have already got too many God Disbelieving threads.

stop_sign
Why the heck do you care about what Christians believe does it have any signifcance in your life i think not.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by stop_sign
Why the heck do you care about what Christians believe does it have any signifcance in your life i think not.
I'm with you.

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by stop_sign
Why the heck do you care about what Christians believe does it have any signifcance in your life i think not. i agree

sammii
Originally posted by leonheartmm
think about it, christians hype up the death of jesus{not an hitorically proven fact but a relegious orientated one only given the dominion of fact by christian governments} to be this great act of sacrifice, but THINK ABOUT IT, what makes it that different from any other guy dyin in pain, he was crucified big deal, other people have been crucified, n many others have gone through much MUCH worse, i mean is is bein nailed to the cross n starvin really even close ot enough pain or sufferance for HUMANIY'S sins? many many people have suffered more in life. secondly god is said to love his creation but wont but will send them to hell if they dont worship or believe in his{neither of which wud mean CRAP to an omnipotent god} existance or power or soverignity, isnt that RIDICULOUS, its like burnin ants if they dont worship u any day, also even a MOTHER would die for a child that has given her misery all her life, her child can do the most hurtful things but a real mother would never stop loving him let alone punish him severely{a piunishment which can not even come close to matching HELL} n lets not forget that she is an imperfect HUMAN, who has limits to her patience/love etc, as stated by god, but seeing as sh FAR surpasses god in mercy, love n kindness, doesnt that render void, the claim that god IS LOVE? seeing as a human easily shows more love than god.
i agree wiv u god ia apile of shit

sammii
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Well...Besides the fact that none of that post made any sense, I think we have already got too many God Disbelieving threads.

yes well this is a religion forum its not a we love religion forum none beleivers not allowed , therefore anyone is entitled to an opinion weather they agree with the topic or not

Ladyluck
I'm not Christian, but I can't stand it when people bash Christianity. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's not right. Different people have different beliefs, and if those beliefs make them happy, then leave them alone. No religion is ridiculous or stupid or wrong. It is not crap if someone believes in it.

And your post made no sense.

sammii
That,s completely fair but it does my head in when i see ppl wasting there lives on god when its impossible for him to be real im not bashing god or religion im just saying i dont agree with it wich is equal 4 the ppl hu do im just expressing my opinions & im sorry if that upsets anyone

stop_sign
Originally posted by Ladyluck
I'm not Christian, but I can't stand it when people bash Christianity. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's not right. Different people have different beliefs, and if those beliefs make them happy, then leave them alone. No religion is ridiculous or stupid or wrong. It is not crap if someone believes in it.

I agree with you most definately!

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by sammii
yes well this is a religion forum its not a we love religion forum none beleivers not allowed , therefore anyone is entitled to an opinion weather they agree with the topic or not
Well, I in no way DID say that it was not a place for people who didn't believe in God to come, I just try my best to abide by the rules and creating threads that are already about disbelief in God are already made, so there!

I totally agree.
Originally posted by sammii
That,s completely fair but it does my head in when i see ppl wasting there lives on god when its impossible for him to be real im not bashing god or religion im just saying i dont agree with it wich is equal 4 the ppl hu do im just expressing my opinions & im sorry if that upsets anyone
Whatever. Lol. You make me laugh.

Morgoths_Wrath

wow,...that, like, makes a lot of sense d00d!

it all makes sense to me know, O wise one! what an origional concept!

Morgoths_Wrath

FeceMan
Kill yourself.

kthxbai

P.S. Grammatically erroneous tool.

sammii
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
wow,...that, like, makes a lot of sense d00d!

it all makes sense to me know, O wise one! what an origional concept!

lol

debbiejo
God isn't the problem. Religions are!

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by debbiejo
God isn't the problem. Religions are!

to a certain degree, yes

ORGANIZED religion is the problem. I think that there should be more emphasis on personal interpretation of the Bible so that it's more relevant and comprehendible to the individual, and therefore it takes on a new, greater meaning, rather than having others shove their interpretations down our throats.

debbiejo
to a certain degree, yes

ORGANIZED religion is the problem. I think that there should be more emphasis on personal interpretation of the Bible so that it's more relevant and comprehendible to the individual, and therefore it takes on a new, greater meaning, rather than having others shove their interpretations down our throats. Yes. More personal interpretation without forcing the view on others. No conversion of others.

Morgoths_Wrath

debbiejo

Morgoths_Wrath
True but ALL the denominations don't encourage it, infact it is discouraged. So people can't express their views openly....sad, but true.

yeah, I know

and personal interpretation can also have negative effects, such as people interpreting natural disasters as God's wrath, people saying that God doesn't accept gays, people saying that whatsisface is the antichrist, etc.

Personally, I think the Bible shouldn't be taken so literally, and it should rather be used as a guideline to help us lead better lives.

Others don't share my views, however, and claim that they must do everything they can to enforce what they believe to be God's will.

The fact is that people often use God as a way to pursue their own self-centered agendas. That's why I say personal interpretation is important; so you don't end up buying into the bull...but then again if someone interprets the Bible as saying that we should kill all non-believers...then we have a problem...

it's all a mess stick out tongue

debbiejo
yeah, I know

and personal interpretation can also have negative effects, such as people interpreting natural disasters as God's wrath, people saying that God doesn't accept gays, people saying that whatsisface is the antichrist, etc.

It's rediculus how many books are on the shelves on who is the antichrist over the years and people eat it up.....When antichrist is taught in scripture that it is a belief not a person. "Even now there are many antichrists amongst us

finti
Antichrist told me that the real antichrist was a women....................

debbiejo
laughing out loud

If there was such a thing, I was it was.....

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud

If there was such a thing, I was it was.....

"I was it was....." A little editing might make it easier to understand this. As it is now, it's a comparison with nothing to compare. laughing

markie
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
"I was it was....." A little editing might make it easier to understand this. As it is now, it's a comparison with nothing to compare. laughing I think debiejo said she is the anti christ. Some of her posts do sound kind of anti christ but that is pretty common on this forum.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by markie
I think debiejo said she is the anti christ. Some of her posts do sound kind of anti christ but that is pretty common on this forum.

She's not the Antichrist. She says that kind of thing to make people think, and to make fun of the superstition that Hollywood has given the Antichrist.

debbiejo
I'm not the Antichrist????? blink

Shakyamunison
I'm not the Antichrist????? blink

Sorry, you're the wrong sex. laughing

FeceMan
If this thread was about Islam, it would have been closed a long, long time ago.

leonheartmm
i DOUBT that very much feceman.

Blue nocturne
If christians want to believe jesus died for there sins let them, It's abelief after all.

debbiejo
Yeah just as the other gods died for humanity too.

FeceMan
i DOUBT that very much feceman.
I do not.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by FeceMan
I do not.

I think you are right.

Makedde

I don't have a problem with Christians, but I do have a problem with them when they force their beliefs on non believers, which they do, all too often.

Mr Brightside

1.Get your facts straight, god sent his ONLY SON. Hello? Are you listening? GODS ONLY SON, to die on the cross. This is god we're talking about here, not just any person, it shows that we are also important to him, and because he is god, well, the sacrifice was a great one.
2.Not forgetting the crown of thorns and the whipping and the teasing.
3. Jesus himself also cared for us all so he did it willingly.
4. Why don't you go and get whipped, teased, crowned with thorns and die on a cross then? If it isn't that bad?

And by the way that word you keep using that begins with C and ends with P probaly describes your personality.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Mr Brightside
1.Get your facts straight, god sent his ONLY SON. Hello? Are you listening? GODS ONLY SON, to die on the cross. This is god we're talking about here, not just any person, it shows that we are also important to him, and because he is god, well, the sacrifice was a great one.
4. Why don't you go and get whipped, teased, crowned with thorns and die on a cross then? If it isn't that bad?

And by the way that word you keep using that begins with C and ends with P probaly describes your personality.

BOY that sure proved me wrong.

finti
why dont you try it to prove your faith, if not come to me and I make sure you forgett about all your faith and beg me for mercy instead of this imaginary lord

Shakyamunison

You have been lied too, just like I was lied too. Things in the real world are not like what the bible says what a waist. You don't listen to what Jesus said; all you focus on is his death. Christians can be so very demented.

finti
still crucifixion is a nice way to prove how faithful they are

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by finti
still crucifixion is a nice way to prove how faithful they are

Sounds more like a death cult to me. eek!

finti
thats just what it is they just gone coward

debbiejo
why dont you try it to prove your faith, if not come to me and I make sure you forgett about all your faith and beg me for mercy instead of this imaginary lord tv_horror

That could be scary!!

finti
thats the point devil

Mr Brightside
why dont you try it to prove your faith, if not come to me and I make sure you forgett about all your faith and beg me for mercy instead of this imaginary lord

YOU are imaginary as far as i'm concerned.... I don't have to believe you exist. You and I probably wouldn't even notice each other if we met, so I can't beg you for mercy when:
1. I can't see you.
2. Probably never will (If I do i won't know).
3. Personally I have seen or heard no proof of you except these words you type. (You know, this sounds familiar already!)

Do i have to prove my faith to you, when you don't even know the answer already? The one who I should prove it to already knows I am faithful, and that is god, so I don't (and shouldn't) have to.

Sounds more like a death cult to me. eek!
I don't know about that, the idea we 'evolved' from monkeys which are killed by us almost everyday sounds more like a death cult if you think about it properly...

debbiejo
? The one who I should prove it to already knows I am faithful, and that is god, so I don't (and shouldn't) have to.
... Why would you have to prove yourself to god? God already would know you existed

Shakyamunison
...I don't know about that, the idea we 'evolved' from monkeys which are killed by us almost everyday sounds more like a death cult if you think about it properly...

We didn't evolve from monkeys. Ignorance is all around me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Brightside
We didn't evolve from monkeys. Ignorance is all around me. roll eyes (sarcastic)
In other words, what I ment was, eating/killing animals must be the equivalent of cannibalism/murder of humans. Since we are all the same.

Why evolve to eat each other? Isn't life about surviving?

Mr Brightside
Why would you have to prove yourself to god? God already would know you existed

I know, And I purposely made you confused using that cunning comment stick out tongue

Actually, the same way I should have to prove myself to you or vice versa.

Shakyamunison
In other words, what I ment was, eating/killing animals must be the equivalent of cannibalism/murder of humans. Since we are all the same.

Learn evolution first, then you can rail against it without sounding like a fool.

Mr Brightside
Learn evolution first, then you can rail against it without sounding like a fool.
That can mean 2 things:
1. You can't find an answer.
2. Umm, i need to learn evolution?

s|m
That, is called the food chain . No living creature can survive without killing/using another one. If one link from the "chain" dissapears, life would no longer exist.
You're basically asking for the meaning of life, something which cannot really be answered erm

Mr Brightside
Originally posted by s|m
That, is called the food chain . No living creature can survive without killing/using another one. If one link from the "chain" dissapears, life would no longer exist.
You're basically asking for the meaning of life, something which cannot really be answered erm

Yeah, so....
When life could have simply evolved to eat anything except each other and turn it into energy, it evolved into the WORST possible one? I thought that evolution was adapting to survive? Not kill ourselves!

This is amazing! So we are here to DIE! This is sounding more like some crazy death cult conspiracy every time i hear something new!

Spidey's Girl

~
Yeah, I have a few things to say in response to this.

1. Did you even do any research on this topic before you wrote this forum? Are did you just write it out of your own stupidity and anger toward Christians?
2. Do you know WHY Jesus went through all that pain and suffering? Because He loves you, and He wants you in Heaven with Him. But you can't go to heaven a sinner. God hates sin, and has to be seperated from it.
3. If you have a problem with Christianity and people who believe in it and are willing to offend them just to get your stupid little point across (like me; I'm a Christian, and I'm proud of it, thanks), I have a problem with you.
4. Ya'll can go on believing what you wanna believe. Whoever said that all Christians force their beliefs on you, I'm sorry that you had a bad run-in with a Christian. But I am NOT like that. I will only tell you the truth, not force it on you.

5. If you have a problem with Christianity, keep it to yourself.

6. If you've never experienced God, you might think that humans can love much more than God. But you are 180 degrees wrong on that one. God made humans in His own image, therefore, He loves humans more than anything else. He's waiting with open arms for you to accept His love and accept Him. Don't you want to be accepted? Yeah, well so does God. Stop talkin' smack about God, PLEASE.

Last of all, if anyone has a problem or comment having to do with anything I just said, you can personal-message me. I know there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way I do. Don't let people walk all over your faith-- SAY SOMETHING!!

Mr Brightside
clapping Hooray for Spidey's Girl!

debbiejo
I know, And I purposely made you confused using that cunning comment stick out tongue

Actually, the same way I should have to prove myself to you or vice versa. And why would a person have to confess sin if god already knows...You should not have to say anything at all.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Spidey's Girl

~
Yeah, I have a few things to say in response to this.

1. Did you even do any research on this topic before you wrote this forum? Are did you just write it out of your own stupidity and anger toward Christians?
2. Do you know WHY Jesus went through all that pain and suffering? Because He loves you, and He wants you in Heaven with Him. But you can't go to heaven a sinner. God hates sin, and has to be seperated from it.
3. If you have a problem with Christianity and people who believe in it and are willing to offend them just to get your stupid little point across (like me; I'm a Christian, and I'm proud of it, thanks), I have a problem with you.
4. Ya'll can go on believing what you wanna believe. Whoever said that all Christians force their beliefs on you, I'm sorry that you had a bad run-in with a Christian. But I am NOT like that. I will only tell you the truth, not force it on you.

5. If you have a problem with Christianity, keep it to yourself.

6. If you've never experienced God, you might think that humans can love much more than God. But you are 180 degrees wrong on that one. God made humans in His own image, therefore, He loves humans more than anything else. He's waiting with open arms for you to accept His love and accept Him. Don't you want to be accepted? Yeah, well so does God. Stop talkin' smack about God, PLEASE.

Last of all, if anyone has a problem or comment having to do with anything I just said, you can personal-message me. I know there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way I do. Don't let people walk all over your faith-- SAY SOMETHING!!

i cud never reply roughly to a lady.
sigh.
whatever u say maam.

Spidey's Girl
God wants you to confess to Him. He wants you to need Him.

Spidey's Girl
Um... thank you?

debbiejo
God wants you to confess to Him. He wants you to need Him. Now think about it, a god doesn't need anything!! Which means a god doesn't need to be needed. People need to be needed not a god.

Mr Brightside
And why would a person have to confess sin if god already knows...You should not have to say anything at all.
He already knows, he also wants you to tell him you are sorry. He knows that if you don't then you obviously don't care if he forgives you or not. God will never force himself on you, he's given you a choice and if you don't want to ask forgiveness from him then fine.

Spidey's Girl
I said God WANTS you to need Him. There's a BIG difference.

leonheartmm
lol, as i said, i cant debate any longer. not with u.

debbiejo
He already knows, he also wants you to tell him you are sorry. Again, a god would not need anything. You keep saying he wants....a god doesn't want. Humans want and myth gods.

A god does not need anything from you

Spidey's Girl
Yeah, whatever debbiejo.

Spidey's Girl
Ahem, leonheartmm, but what is that supposed to mean? Just because I HAPPEN to be girl does NOT mean that I don't have opinions, especially on the subject of religion.

Mr Brightside
A want isn't a need.

Need: Probably essential (Along the line of food etc)

Want: What A person desires(Love, respect etc)

Spidey's Girl
Was that for me or against me?

Mr Brightside
Me? i wasn't against you, I was more agreeing.

Spidey's Girl
K.

Spidey's Girl
Oh.

Gregory
Yeh. He'll cast you into a pit of fire and torture you for eternity, but, you know, fine.

You're god provides people with all the "choice" that a mugger with a gun gives his victims. Hell, maybe I'll try it; I'll hold someone up and gunpoint, and then at the trial, I'll say, "But he had a choice; he could have let me shoot him." See how well it goes over.

(Also, "I'm not trying to force my beliefs on you, but if you have a problem with Christianity, keep it to yourself?" Throwing a hissy fit every time someone questions your beliefs is trying to force them onto people.)

debbiejo
A want isn't a need.

Need: Probably essential (Along the line of food etc)

Want: What A person desires(Love, respect etc) Wanting something is a human emotion. A god would be above petty human emotions. And yes, a want can be a need.....Like I need to be wanted by my little creatures who I've created to bow down to me and kiss my feet cause I did them such a huge favor by creating them and if they don't bow down, cause that is my "want or need".......I'll throw them in hell for eternity, that'll show em.

Mr Brightside
This God might want, but he doesn't force what he wants upon people. As I am sure i have already said.

Spidey's Girl
I'm not sure why the dude who started this forum thinks he can't debate with me.

Gregory
Do what I want or I'll send you to hell for eternity!

Not, uh ... not that I'm forcing my wants on you or anything.

Spidey's Girl
Whatever Gregory. Don't mess with me.

Gregory
... I'm sorry, are you trying to intimidate me over the internet?

That's so wonderfully sad, I think I'm going to cry.

Spidey's Girl
Who are you to throw someone in hell, debbiejo?

Spidey's Girl
No, I'm not. I'm just saying. Don't mess with me.

debbiejo
Whatever Gregory. Don't mess with me. You sure got a problem with people don't you?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Besides there is no hell, so what is Jesus gonna save you from?

Gregory
I'd say you're missing debbijo's point, but I'm afraid if I mess with you your internet police will come beat me up. So I guess I won't.

Spidey's Girl
You sure got a problem with people don't you??

````````````
Mmm-hmm. I'd say YOU'RE the one who has a problem with people.

Gregory
You are a cartoon.

debbiejo
Who are you to throw someone in hell, debbiejo? Me??? I don't throw people in hell..........hahahahha....Your god does though...according to you he throws people in there all cooked and well done every second of every day by the thousands and thousands......And the smell of chared flesh goes on forever and ever.

debbiejo
You sure got a problem with people don't you??

````````````
Mmm-hmm. I'd say YOU'RE the one who has a problem with people. It's you that keeps tellin people not to mess with ya.....not I..

Are you afraid of internet people.....We're not real you know....Just like your god!!! laughing out loud

Spidey's Girl
That's only cause they're sinners and deserve it. I would say that you're on your way there, but that would be rude.

Who're you callin' a cartoon?

Spidey's Girl
By the way, learn how to spell.

debbiejo
It's you that keeps tellin people not to mess with ya.....not I..

Are you afraid of internet people.....We're not real you know....Just like your god!!! laughing out loud
Originally posted by Gregory
You are a cartoon. laughing

leonheartmm
where did i say that girls cant have oppinions? im not sexists like that, its just that i cant argue/prove my point the same way with girls as i do with guys, it seems.........too crude/rude

Spidey's Girl
If there's no God, who do you think created humanity and the earth?

Gregory
You, of course. Except that you're so ludacrous, I doubt that any network would dare to show you; they'd be accused of furthering negative Christian stereotypes.

Spidey's Girl
Oh

Spidey's Girl
You have issues, Greg.

Spidey's Girl
By the way, you make no sense.

debbiejo
You have issues, Greg. roll eyes (sarcastic) Hmmm, let's think about this SG.......

You might want to stop with all the small posts. You have 15 mins. to change a post to something you'd better prefer.

Gregory
I say these things to you because, you're an irritating person, and deserve it (since we're apparently allowed to do whatever we want to people, as long as we decide that "they deserve it" first).

Spidey's Girl
What's there to think about?

leonheartmm
That's only cause they're sinners and deserve it. I would say that you're on your way there, but that would be rude.

Who're you callin' a cartoon?

lol, SCREW ettiquetes towards women, this is damn funny{n ur not really all that nice either}

Spidey's Girl
I'm normally not an irritating person. I GET irritated when people talk crap about me and my God.

Gregory
I know how you feel. When people make fun of my pet werewolf, I go absolutely berserk.

debbiejo
I'm normally not an irritating person. I GET irritated when people talk crap about me and my God. You getting irritated??? laughing out loud

What would Jesus say....

Spidey's Girl
Hmmm... I wonder what He would say if he saw what people he created were saying about Him.

Spidey's Girl
I'll ignore that

Spidey's Girl
I meant the werewolf thing

Gregory
You wonder what he would say if he saw? You mean he doesn't?

debbiejo
Hmmm... I wonder what He would say if he saw what people he created were saying about Him. A god wouldn't care....

To give a crap what people say about you is a human emotion.....Not a gods....

A real god wouldn't care....I think you're worshipping a false god the SG.

Gregory
And you can ignore my werewolf if you want, but if you hurt his feelings ... well, you'd better not mess with me, is all I'm saying.

Spidey's Girl
Whatever. You know what I meant, so stop be such a psyco-analistic freak.

Spidey's Girl
Why are you people being such jerks about religion?

Spidey's Girl
I really do want to know.

debbiejo
Whatever. You know what I meant, so stop be such a psyco-analistic freak. Why do you call everyone names????

What would Jesus say??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jerks about religion???? Because religion is false and the cause of strife and wars and prejudices and deaths..

Spidey's Girl
Well, miss, that's what generally happens when someone gets mad.

And you never answered my question: Why do you have such issues with religion?

Gregory
I'm such a jerk about Religion because his dog keeps pooping in my yard.

debbiejo
Well, miss, that's what generally happens when someone gets mad.

And you never answered my question: Why do you have such issues with religion? See above.

Spidey's Girl
That's not a reason. That's stupidity.

Spidey's Girl
Excuse me?

debbiejo
That's not a reason. That's stupidity. What?!?

Did you look at my post listed above???....I answered your question.

Here, I'll type it again...

Jerks about religion???? Because religion is false and the cause of strife and wars and prejudices and deaths..

leonheartmm
what would jesus say if he found out youd been having lustful thoughts about spidey n tobey{not to mention MARY JANE and AUNT MAY!}

Gregory
Actually, it was a very clever parable. It's not my fault you can't understand it.

Spidey's Girl
That's not true. The reason for strife and wars and predjudice and deaths is because people are too pig-headed to accept another's religion. Kinda like you, come to think of it.

Spidey's Girl
And I'm not a lesbian. I didn't say I had a crush on Spierman or Tobey McGuire. And even if I did, that's none of your business. What happened to not debating with me?

debbiejo
Actually, it was a very clever parable. It's not my fault you can't understand it. laughing out loud ...Yeah...it can be like a parable..."See Above"....that's my problem with religion....hahahahha

That's not true. The reason for strife and wars and predjudice and deaths is because people are too pig-headed to accept another's religion. Kinda like you, come to think of it. I think you have a problem with people that are NOT your religion..Otherwise I have no problem with you or your fairy tales...I've read them....We all die in the end accept the chosen creatures that bowed down and kissed Ra's feet, oh..I mean..

leonheartmm
Whatever. You know what I meant, so stop be such a psyco-analistic freak.

i envy one whose mind is so careless n simple, such extravagences do not exist for many who live on this earth.

Spidey's Girl
That's very closed-minded of you.

Spidey's Girl
(debbijo)

leonheartmm
u know id actually wanna meet you someday spidey girl.

Gregory
That's cool, but you'd better not make any moves on her; her boyfriend has super-strength and can shoot webbing from his hands.

debbiejo
Hooray for the Sun God for he is the fun god RA RA RA!!

That's cool, but you'd better not make any moves on her; her boyfriend has super-strength and can shoot webbing from his hands. laughing out loud

Oh, and Jesus was just another name for the sun god.

Shakyamunison
That can mean 2 things:
1. You can't find an answer.
2. Umm, i need to learn evolution?

It means you need to learn evolution. If you are going to put it down, the more you learn about it, the better your argument will be.

FeceMan
You getting irritated??? laughing out loud

What would Jesus say....
"An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign..."

K.Diddy
It's all bullshit, religous people use hell as a way of scaring people into beliving what they ''claim'' to belive

-hh-
God isn't the problem. Religions are! thumbup

it's the human personality and point of view that brings divisons between God and believers.

finti
because it deserves no less, and spider girl why the hell cant you be able to answer to more than one person in each post, you have an edit button to aid you if you left something out.

Mr Brightside
Yeh. He'll cast you into a pit of fire and torture you for eternity, but, you know, fine.

You're god provides people with all the "choice" that a mugger with a gun gives his victims. Hell, maybe I'll try it; I'll hold someone up and gunpoint, and then at the trial, I'll say, "But he had a choice; he could have let me shoot him." See how well it goes over.

(Also, "I'm not trying to force my beliefs on you, but if you have a problem with Christianity, keep it to yourself?" Throwing a hissy fit every time someone questions your beliefs is trying to force them onto people.)

Ofcourse you'll hold someone to gunpoint. Why SHOULDN'T you if there is no god?

The proof is all there for god, just some are too blind to see it, and if you can't see it when it's so clear then you probably shouldn't be in heaven anyway. You think we are the most powerful things in this universe, and you don't realise that there are alot of things which are beyond our power and understanding (Like black holes, worm holes, GOD etc)

Mr Brightside
I think you have a problem with people that are NOT your religion..Otherwise I have no problem with you or your fairy tales...I've read them....We all die in the end accept the chosen creatures that bowed down and kissed Ra's feet, oh..I mean..

Wrong, she has a problem with the people here. Not all people who aren't christians act like you do.

But yet, I have a problem with apes, they are rather creepy.

finti
or some are too easily fooled to take anything as proof

Gregory
Because I'm not an immoral psycopath. Unlike your invisible friend in the sky.

Are you admitting that you're an immoral man who'd rape and kill and murder if you weren't afraid of being punished? How nice of you; many Christians aren't so honest.

debbiejo
Wrong, she has a problem with the people here. Not all people who aren't christians act like you do.

But yet, I have a problem with apes, they are rather creepy. Why is there something wrong with me?? blink

I've only tried to bring up the needing and wanting this god wants. It's a psychological need. People need to be needed and wanted for self esteem, and self worth. Basing their self worth on what others give them instead of having it from within. Now why would a god need it's self worth stroked?....Answer? It wouldn't. So, god doesn't need anything from anyone, if it's truly a god.

It doesn't need to be worshipped or needed.

Mr Brightside
Because I'm not an immoral psycopath. Unlike your invisible friend in the sky.
I'm sorry, I don't undestand, without god there is no moral. No God and Devil. No Good and Evil. Because GOD is GOOD.
Are you admitting that you're an immoral man who'd rape and kill and murder if you weren't afraid of being punished? How nice of you; many Christians aren't so honest.
1. I am admitting that life has no moral when the only thing creating it is a tiny creature called a human on a small planet called earth.
2. And I am not immoral as I do what god commands without really thinking of the punishment, i do it because he sent his only son to die for me.

I don't have to believe you exist, over my side of the net i have no proof of your existance except these words you type.

Mr Brightside
Why is there something wrong with me?? blink

I've only tried to bring up the needing and wanting this god wants. It's a psychological need. People need to be needed and wanted for self esteem, and self worth. Basing their self worth on what others give them instead of having it from within. Now why would a god need it's self worth stroked?....Answer? It wouldn't. So, god doesn't need anything from anyone, if it's truly a god.

It doesn't need to be worshipped or needed.

*sigh* Look, you, as a human, have just painted a brilliant picture and you adore this picture and you want it so much you technically NEED it.
That's kind of what happened when god made us, it's like smoking but it's not bad for you confused

finti
bullshit, many societies had moral standings long before they even heard of the judo christian god

Gregory
You don't understand, Brightside? Probably not; why should you start understanding now, so far into this conversation?

I don't know what your denomination is, but even Saint Thomas Aquinas admitted, I think, that morality doesn't come from God..

Storm
I'm sorry, I don't undestand, without god there is no moral. No God and Devil. No Good and Evil. Because GOD is GOOD.
Morality doesn' t require religion. If god came down and told us that it wanted us to steal, lie, ... would you do it? Or would you continue on as a good person regardless of what a god might or might not tell you? If the latter, then you are a moral person and the god you believe in is ultimately irrelevant to your morality. If the former, then you aren' t actually a moral person, you are just "obeying orders" from a being more powerful than you.

My consideration for other people is not based upon what some god tells me to do.

debbiejo
*sigh* Look, you, as a human, have just painted a brilliant picture and you adore this picture and you want it so much you technically NEED it.
: But that's the way it REALLY is. You're giving god human qualities when it should be above them.

Mr Brightside
Originally posted by Storm
Morality doesn' t require religion. If god came down and told us that it wanted us to steal, lie, ... would you do it? Or would you continue on as a good person regardless of what a god might or might not tell you? If the latter, then you are a moral person and the god you believe in is ultimately irrelevant to your morality. If the former, then you aren' t actually a moral person, you are just "obeying orders" from a being more powerful than you.

My consideration for other people is not based upon what some god tells me to do.
And when did a small human have control over what is right and wrong?

Anyway, don't you do what a being more powerful tells you to do everyday (World leaders etc) ? And why do you abide by these rules? Because if you don't you will go to jail or be punished. But I on the other hand obey both.

God wouldn't tell us to steal and lie, so i would know that it was actually a demon. And if the leader of your country said you was allowed to steal, kill, take drugs... Would you do it?

But that's the way it REALLY is. You're giving god human qualities when it should be above them.
And when did you decide what qualities a god should have?

Gregory
God wouldn't tell us to steal and lie, so i would know that it was actually a demon.

He once told a man to murder his son. How about it, Brightside? If God came down and ordered you to butcher your family, would you do it?

Mr Brightside
He once told a man to murder his son. How about it, Brightside? If God came down and ordered you to butcher your family, would you do it?
No, because the bible clearly states that murdering is not allowed, and that god would sometimes prefer you to say NO, like when you want to be pursuaded out of something.

Shakyamunison
No, because the bible clearly states that murdering is not allowed, and that god would sometimes prefer you to say NO, like when you want to be pursuaded out of something.

God commanded the Jews to kill men, women and children in the OT.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>