Ultimate Colossus vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soujaboy09
Who takes this one

fight takes place at the X mansion.

Gladiator:
Gladiator is the most powerful known member of the Imperial Guard. Gladiator possesses vast superhuman strength, the exact limits of which are unknown. He once lifted and supported the entire Baxter Building, indicating that he is capable of lifting far beyond 100 tons. This strength level places him in the same strength-class with physical powerhouses such as The Hulk, Juggernaut, Thor, Hercules, and a few others. In addition to his extraordinary strength, he is virtually invulnerable and has survived an explosion of nearly nova force uninjured. However, he is vulnerable to certain unspecified wavelengths of radiation.

Gladiator battles Thor, 1992.Gladiator can fly at speeds rivaling those of starships, and can achieve faster than light speeds in hyperspace. He can survive unprotected in the vacuum of outer space, and apparently either does not need to breathe or can survive for long periods of time (as when he flies through outer space) without breathing. He claimed that he is capable of moving planets and flying through the hearts of stars. He may have been indulging in hyperbole in saying this, for his powers have not been demonstrated to be that great.

Like Superman, Gladiator can project intense heat, possibly infrared radiation, in beams from his eyes. This heat is said to reach temperatures comparable to those produced by stars.

Gladiator has also been shown to possess a psychic shield of some type that reflects most telepathic attacks back upon the attackers themselves, causing a psychic backlash.

Gladiator battles Hulk, 1997.Despite Gladiator's powers, he is not invincible. He had been knocked unconscious (with a single punch) by Jahf, Guardian of the M'Kraan Crystal. He has also been defeated in the past by the Hulk, Cannonball, as well as Tyrant, son of Galactus. His powers are dependent on his self-image. If he believes that he can lose a fight, his powers become weaker, and he has been physically humbled by purely psychic assaults.

Although Gladiator’s strength and a large measure of his near-invulnerability are indeed physical traits, it has been theorized that he covertly employs Shi’ar technology to amplify these powers at times. The technology also enables him to perform other feats. Reed Richards theorized that Gladiator’s powers were in part psionic, but the theory that Gladiator uses technological aids now appears to be correct.

Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four once knocked Gladiator unconscious with her force field when he was momentarily in doubt about the effectiveness of his own powers. Reed Richards hypothesized that Gladiator’s vulnerability to the field was the result of a brief weakening of his will power, and hence of the psionic reinforcement of his resistance to injury. However, it is also possible that Gladiator’s vulnerability to the field was a delayed aftereffect of his earlier exposure to an unknown form of radiation that was apparently capable of killing him.

Ultimate Colossus:
By no means is Ultimate Colossus the equivalent to his 616 counterpart for he has shown to be far stronger. Piotr has the ability to transform his body from flesh and blood into organic steel, giving him superhuman strength and making him impervious to harm. Supposedly his power has not yet fully developed because of his youth. Some say that this armor in the Ultimate continuity is stronger than adamantium, but this has not been proven yet.

In this transformed state, Colossus' body gains around a inch in additional height and his body mass is doubled. The source of Colossus' gain in height and muscle mass is unknown, but possibly extradimensional.

Ultimate Colossus possesses vast superhuman strength, the limits of which have not been revealed. Ultimate Colossus strength was sufficient enouph for him to battle powerhouses such as Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Ironman, and Ultimate Magneto placing his strength well into the Class 100 level, being able to lift in excess of 100 tons. This makes him one of the most physically powerful beings, if not the most powerful of all, in the Ultimate Universe.

Aside from his incredible strength, Ultimate Colossus' steel skin possesses an amazing degree of invulnerability to injury, allowing him to battle with some of the strongest heroes of the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Colossus armor is so great it can withstand a blast from a nuke, falls from great heights, exposure to temperatures less than -320o Fahrenheit to temperatures greater than that of the Sun, exposure to vacuum environments, direct contact with molting lava, strikes from Wolverines adamantium claws, etc without sustaining injury. Being conductive, he is immune to electricity. Colossus's armored body also cannot rust. A side effect of his armor's strength enhancing effect is a vastly greater muscle efficiency than an ordinary human. While armored, his muscles generate considerably less lactic acids than those of ordinary humans, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all activities. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several days before fatigue begins to impair him. Colossus' armored form is also invulnerable to rusting under Earthly conditions. Colossus has demonstrated no need to breathe while he is in his armored state and there's no known limit as to how long he can remain in this form.

In the Ultimate continuity, it has been shown that Colossus's eyes do not turn into steel, but instead remain organic and vulnerable (in the normal continuity, Colossus's eyes have been able to withstand a gunshot). Also, unlike the "normal" Colossus, when he is knocked unconscious he remains in whatever form he was in (see the "Hellfire and Brimstone" plotline). Also,this version of Colossus is immune to Cyclops's optic blasts.This proves useful when they are fighting the Russian Mafia in a search for Sinister.

DigiMark007
Even though Ultimate C is hardcore, Glads still has him (by a lot) in the speed department, and is simply on a different level than Colossus.

DarkCrawler
What the f**k?

Gladiator. Hands down.

Colossus is strong...Gladiator can level a planet with his punches.

Colossus is fast...Gladiator is faster then light.

Colossus is durable...Gladiator's heat vision is hotter then sun.

Glads 10/10.

snoopdogg
Well a much weaker Colossus held his own against Gladiator and the Hulk smashed his @ss.............................

DarkCrawler
For all that it was worth, it seemed that Gladiator wasn't taking the fight with Colossus seriously. And Hulk used radiation to defeat him.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
For all that it was worth, it seemed that Gladiator wasn't taking the fight with Colossus seriously. And Hulk used radiation to defeat him. Actually that's not true. Colossus knocked out Warstar right before he fought Glads. Glads thought that Warstar would handle Colossus but he was wrong. He was fighting for real.

Hulk had Glads beat way before the radiation ordeal. Did you see the scans?

DarkCrawler
Seriously, he doesn't look very...serious here:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/gladiatorvscolossus16nn.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/gladiatorvscolossus22vx.jpg

Notice that he is smirking through the entire ordeal.

And Hulk is way ahead of Ultimate Colossus in strength.

snoopdogg
Dude Colossus was taking his punches trading blows with Glads.

Look at his costume. It's messed up. I'm not saying Ult. Colossus stomps him but he holds his own.

The scan even says they are giving everyting they have.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by snoopdogg

Look at his costume. It's messed up. I'm not saying Ult. Colossus stomps him but he holds his own.

So he was written up to Glads for this occasion. Yeah, he'd hold his own for a while. But if it was 616 Thor that U Colossus beat up (instead of his jobber Ultimate counterpart) I'd be impressed.

But there isn't a conceivable way, aside from monstrous PIS, that Colossus could even think about coming away with any better than "Thank goodness I survived."

Black Adam
Meh... everyone holds their own against Gladiator. he jobs. Thats what he does.

But if this is no Pis and all that other crap where both characters are fighting at their best.

Glads takes this 10/10

snoopdogg
Well what about the time Hulk beat Glads? Was that PIS also?

The much weaker 616 teenage Colossus knocked Juggy on his @ss a few times.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Black Adam
Meh... everyone holds their own against Gladiator. he jobs. Thats what he does.

But if this is no Pis and all that other crap where both characters are fighting at their best.

Glads takes this 10/10 Well this is true.

DarkCrawler

It of course depends on Gladiators level of confidence.

And Gladiator really isn't fighting by using all of his powers. Why doesn't he use heat vision? Superspeed? He has also punched with way more force then that before. So why didn't he do so? Because it would be a dumb fight.

If Gladiator uses all his powers, Colossus, Ultimate or not, would be down in milliseconds.

snoopdogg
That's what I don't like about these forum rules. It says no PIS or CIS stuff but everybody is in a hurry to post scans of those.

This is why I never use PIS or CIS or anything like that when I debate. If it happened in a comic it should be used reguardless.

soujaboy09
Who else beat Ultimate Thor?

A much weaker Colossus could have killed Mr.Sinister

who says Gladiators rays are hotter than the sun?

Gladiator was knocked out by cannonball who a much weaker Colossus took out with ease.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/7592/colossusandgladiator2tx.th.jpg

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/4738/colossusfloorincannonball6lj.th.jpg

Black Adam
Originally posted by soujaboy09

Gladiator was knocked out by cannonball who a much weaker Colossus took out with ease.

Gladiator was also knocked on his ass by a deck of cards by gambit.

Like I said this match depends if this is one of those No pis both fighting at their best matches.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Black Adam
Gladiator was also knocked on his ass by a deck of cards by gambit.

Is that what happened? I remember reading that but cannot remember the issue.

Do you remember?

soujaboy09
Here's more scans im not saying Ultimate Colossus would win, but to be taken out in seconds? come on now. Ultimate Colossus takes Cyclops blast with no damage I think he can take glads heat vision.

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/4996/colossusandsinister4aj.th.jpg

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/530/colossuandthor20xu.th.jpg

DarkCrawler

Gladiator was never knocked out. And when Colossus defeated Cannonball, he was about twenty times weaker and less experienced then Cannonball that faced Gladiator was.

Also, the Gladiator in that picture where Colossus holds him is a Skrull.

DarkCrawler
Here's more scans im not saying Ultimate Colossus would win, but to be taken out in seconds? come on now. Ultimate Colossus takes Cyclops blast with no damage I think he can take glads heat vision.

Cyclops's blast isn't nowhere close to Gladiators. Gladiator's is HOTTER THEN SUN.

And picture of him beating Ultimate Thor is nice and all, but he isn't anywhere close to Gladiator.

Black Adam
Is that what happened? I remember reading that but cannot remember the issue.

Do you remember?

I think he got back up a few moments later.

he still got knocked on his ass though

DigiMark007
Well what about the time Hulk beat Glads? Was that PIS also?

The much weaker 616 teenage Colossus knocked Juggy on his @ss a few times.

No. Hulk is strong/durable enough to get the job done. He's still an underdog against Glads, but I'd believe it if he won.

And when did 6161 Colossus ever beat Juggs? Maybe he got some decent shots in (they're always decent battles) but Col isn't a huge threat to Juggs. Besides, early on Juggs was more about his durability than his strength...it's possible he got knocked over a few times in a fight. Getting knocked down and losing are two very different things....as the Gambit/Glads scan above me shows.

soujaboy09
I know it was a skrull, but skrulls are 75% of the real things. Now if 616 Colossus a much weaker Colossus than Ultimate took 2 75% skrulls out with ease dont you think Ultimate Colossus could give Glads a fight?

Whats the diffrences between Ultimate Thor, and 616?

DigiMark007

The lack of a decent feat. LOL.

But yeah, he'd give him a decent fight, but he's still outclassed....especially in speed. Glads sometimes jobs but if he's written anywhere near where he should, Ultimate C is in trouble.

DarkCrawler
I know it was a skrull, but skrulls are 75% of the real things. Now if 616 Colossus a much weaker Colossus than Ultimate took 2 75% skrulls out with ease dont you think Ultimate Colossus could give Glads a fight?

And where the hell did you get that Skrulls are 75% of the original? Because they really are not...

And the difference between Ultimate Thor and 616 are that 616 is about thousand times more powerful then Ultimate.

soujaboy09
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
And where the hell did you get that Skrulls are 75% of the original? Because they really are not...

And the difference between Ultimate Thor and 616 are that 616 is about thousand times more powerful then Ultimate.

And thats where you start making stuff up, where is it staed that 616 Thor is a thousand times stronger than Ultimate?

Exactly how strong are skrulls then if you know?

Is Ultimate Ironman, and Ironman the same thing, because if so Ultimate Colossus took him out with ease also.

Tony Stark

Being an X-fan your knowledge is pretty suspect... Cyclops optic beams aren't hot what so ever... They are concussive blasts...So whether or not Ult Colossus showed no ill effect from them really has no baring on whether or not Gladiators heat vision which "IS" hotter than the sun would damage Ultimate Colossus...

Which I most definately think would.

If both characters are writen to the best of their abilities Gladiator doesn't even stand a .000000000000000001% chance of losing to Ultimate Colossus.

BTW Ulimate IM isn't anywhere close to being in 616 IM's class.

Sixth_Winged
Ultimate Colossus is just out of his league here.

Lucid Lui
Ult. Colossus gets absolutely curbstomped. 20/10. Seriously, this is a huge mismatch.

About the Glads/Hulk fight.... Gladiator was NOT beaten before Hulk smashed him into the nuclear reactor that just conveniantly had the type of radiation he's vunerable to. He was stunned after a stupid moment in the fight. The entire Hulk/Glads fight should really never be used as an example of anything. the whole fight is just one big PIS festival. It's terrible. And i'm not saying that because Gladiator lost. I think that Hulk could beat Gladiator, but the way he did it in that fight was terrible. Read the fight, you'll understand.

soujaboy09
So what about The 616 Colossus Gladiator fight? or does that not count.

I only read that Glads beams are as hot as some stars, and not all stars are as hot as the star we call the sun.

Where does it ever say that 616 Ironman is stronger than Ultimate, 616 Thor is stronger than Ultimate, 616 Magneto is stronger than Ultimate? I've never read about it anywhere have you?

Every fight Ultimate Colossus is in he's out of his league. I bet you before the Ultimate Colossus Ultimate Thor/Ultimate Ironman fight people were saying the same thing.....

Ultimate Colossus is out of his league

Lucid Lui
So what about The 616 Colossus Gladiator fight? or does that not count.

I only read that Glads beams are as hot as some stars, and not all stars are as hot as the star we call the sun.

Where does it ever say that 616 Ironman is stronger than Ultimate, 616 Thor is stronger than Ultimate, 616 Magneto is stronger than Ultimate? I've never read about it anywhere have you?

Every fight Ultimate Colossus is in he's out of his league. I bet you before the Ultimate Colossus Ultimate Thor/Ultimate Ironman fight people were saying the same thing.....

Ultimate Colossus is out of his league
If you seriously think that Ult. Colossus can beat Gladiator, then i doubt anything i say is going to change your mind. But you're just letting your fanboy side run wild.

Can Ult. Colossus beat Superman? Cause in the vs. Forum we're supposed to take the characters best showings in mind, they fight at the best we've seen them. Gladiator's best is on par with Superman's best. So if you think Colossus can beat Gladiator, then you must think he can beat Superman right?

Y'know, it's alright to admit that you're favourite character loses a fight. If he's really your favoutrite character, it shouldn't matter. Go and look in the Gladiator respect thread, then come back and tell me that Ult. Colossus could beat him...

And hopefully, with the introduction of Lilandra in the recent Ultimate X-Men issue, Ult. Gladiator won't be far behind, and we'll get to see the Ult. versions go at it. I'd definately love to see that.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

About the Glads/Hulk fight.... Gladiator was NOT beaten before Hulk smashed him into the nuclear reactor that just conveniantly had the type of radiation he's vunerable to. He was stunned after a stupid moment in the fight. The entire Hulk/Glads fight should really never be used as an example of anything. the whole fight is just one big PIS festival. It's terrible. And i'm not saying that because Gladiator lost. I think that Hulk could beat Gladiator, but the way he did it in that fight was terrible. Read the fight, you'll understand. Dude you are seriously mistaken. Hulk drug Glads by his cape into the nuclear reactor. Glads was in no shape to fight back.

Seriously he was beat before that.

Lucid Lui
Dude you are seriously mistaken. Hulk drug Glads by his cape into the nuclear reactor. Glads was in no shape to fight back.

Seriously he was beat before that. Yeah yeah. If he was beaten at that point, why did the writer feel it necassary to have the reactor at all? Why not just got straight to Hulk beating on him like he did after the reactor? IMO, because the writer felt that Glads was not beaten at that time.

Anyway, i'm willing to accept that Gladiator lost that fight. But you're just letting your fanboy side get the better of you if you think Ult Colossus can beat Gladiator.

snoopdogg
Yeah yeah. If he was beaten at that point, why did the writer feel it necassary to have the reactor at all? Why not just got straight to Hulk beating on him like he did after the reactor? IMO, because the writer felt that Glads was not beaten at that time.

Anyway, i'm willing to accept that Gladiator lost that fight. But you're just letting your fanboy side get the better of you if you think Ult Colossus can beat Gladiator. I never said he would win. Don't call me a fanboy.

I just think it's funny people ignore the fact that a weaker 616 Colossus went toe to toe with him and that Ult. Colossus looses in a nanosecond. Or they start cryin PIS or CIS or that it don't count.

Your right Hulk could just have finished him off before that be he did not. I guess he wanted to put Kallark in his place I guess.

Lucid Lui
I never said he would win. Don't call me a fanboy.

I just think it's funny people ignore the fact that a weaker 616 Colossus went toe to toe with him and that Ult. Colossus looses in a nanosecond. Or they start cryin PIS or CIS or that it don't count. I tend to think of it as a low showing for Glads instead of a high showing for Colossus because, (correct me if i'm wrong) Colossus doesn't have any (or has hardly any at all) other high showings like that against herald/cosmic level characters. Kallark on the other hand has plenty of low showings against people he should be able to take out in no time at all. It's much more common for Kallark to job, than it is for Colossus to have a high showing like that. That's why i see it as a low showing for Kallark.

soujaboy09
I just dont remember saying that Colossus would win all i said is he wouldn't lose in a second. You can go back, and read if you would like.

Lucid Lui
I just dont remember saying that Colossus would win all i said is he wouldn't lose in a second. You can go back, and read if you would like. In the post of yours that i quoted you say..

"Ultimate Colossus is out of his league"

Were you not talking about Gladiator?

soujaboy09
Ultimate Colossus has defeated herald/cosmic level characters as you say(Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Ironman, Ultimate Magneto) but when we put these feats up people just say that These forms of the character are weaker than the 616 counterpartt when in fact theres no proof of that. So what can we put up since the feats he does accomplish are blown off?

Whats so hard to get about Ultimate Colossus is stronger than his 616 counterpart, and the 616 counterpart stood toe to toe with Glads? No Ultimate Colossus wont win I never said that what I did say is Ultimate Colossus would not get beat in a nanosecond.

soujaboy09
In the post of yours that i quoted you say..

"Ultimate Colossus is out of his league"

Were you not talking about Gladiator?

No I was quoting what the person before me said, that Ultimate Colossus is out of his league when in act he's not. A much weaker version of Colossus stood toe to toe with him then why cant a stronger version? I dont understand that please explain.

Lucid Lui
Because that was a low showing for Kallark. Since then we've seen him destroy planets, fly through stars, survive and contain Nova explosions, fly extremely fast and a lot more things that just put him too far out of Ult or 616 Colossus' league for him to be a challenge. And yes, we've also seen a lot more low showings from Gladiator that would actually make it seem like Colossus could give him a fight. But unless it specified by the topic creator that we're only using Glads low showings, then forum rules say we use a characters best showings. And neither Colossus can compete with Kallarks best showings.

Now, a better fight to debate would be Ult. Colossus taking on Gladiator at the same power level he was when 616 Colossus gave him a challenge. That would be debatable.

jasofisc
Yeah that would be a better debate. I would give colosus the majorty on that one.

Why are the showings of hero's surviving a supernova never considered PIS. The destrotive power is unlike anything we could imagin. If a hero can survive a blast like that then anything that happens to them on earth that can hurt then in anyway should destroy the earth and we know that isn't so for a lot of the heros that survive geting thown into the sun or another star.

jasofisc
by the way according to forum rules glad. wins

soujaboy09
Now im not saying Colossus will win this fight, but how can you say Glads fight with 616 Colossus was a low moment for Glads when it was in fact a low moment for Colossus also. 616 Colossus now is stronger than 616 Colossus then, and Ultimate Colossus is stronger than both. 616 Colossus took out Cannonball, and Cannonball took out Glads, Colossus is a force to be reckon with in the 616 Universe, and is stated by marvel itself that he's able to fight even Juggernaut in h2h combat the man took out Mr.Sinister for God's sake. Now Ultimate Colossus who is far stronger than his 616 counterpart gets taken out in a nanosecond? Ultimate Colossus took out Ultimate Thor, and Ultimate Ironman in the same issue, and handed Magnetos his ass to. The man has yet to be damaged in the Ultimate Universe not once has he been injured he may have been ko'd, but never injured. What else does he have to do? You say Ultimate Ironman, Ultimate Thor, and Ultimate Magneto aren't as good as there 616 counterparts when in fact it has been shown nowhere that they arent. Not even A small nuke could damage Colossus, and every feat I post you say is PIS, when I could say the same things about Glads feats. Ultimate Colossus has taken out some of the strongest characters in the Ultimate Universe yet he still gets beat in a nanosecond by the same person who gave his all to take out a much weaker 616 Colossus.

Lucid Lui
Well, i never said Glads would win this fight in nanosecond, nor have i called anything PIS. All i've said is that the fight between 616 Colossus and Kallark was a very low showing for Gladiator.

Anyway, you obviously haven't been paying attention to my posts, cause you don't seem to be understanding me. And i really can't be bothered typing the same thing over and over.

soujaboy09
My post wasn't referenced towards you it was general, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ive read your post, and I get what your saying that if Glads can survive going through stars, and whatever that 616 Colossus shouldn't have stood a chance, well thats saying that either marvel comic book writers need to get on the same page or 616 Colossus durability rivals glads.

DarkCrawler
You say Ultimate Ironman, Ultimate Thor, and Ultimate Magneto aren't as good as there 616 counterparts when in fact it has been shown nowhere that they arent. Not even A small nuke could damage Colossus, and every feat I post you say is PIS, when I could say the same things about Glads feats. Ultimate Colossus has taken out some of the strongest characters in the Ultimate Universe yet he still gets beat in a nanosecond by the same person who gave his all to take out a much weaker 616 Colossus.

Jesus...

Okay....read what I am writing here.

Ultimate Iron Man got his ass handed from Ultimate Hulk who is much, much, much weaker then 616 Hulk (who takes nuclear bombs and lifts entire islands - Ultimate Hulk isn't as strong). 616 Iron Man has defeated 616 Hulk with a punch. 616 Iron Man is STRONGER, UNLESS Ultimate shows anything close to 616 Iron Man, which he HASN'T.

Ultimate Thor was powerless after his belt was taken away. Got defeated by Ultimate Colossus. 616 Thor has (pics taken from Thor Respect Thread):

Defeated Thanos: http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight22ty.gif

Defeated Gladiator with amazing ease (don't even dare to say that Ultimate Colossus could do the same):
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorglads17mj.png
http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorglads21wj.png
http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorglads38xn.png

Gone toe to toe with exitar, a celestial:
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?rpl=030212100605&q=Scans

Driven Galactus away:
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=030215092355&q=Scans

Lifted an serpent size of our planet:
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?rpl=020330060210&q=scans

Ultimate Thor doesn't hold a candle, and you really should accept the facts.

And as for Ultimate Magneto, he hasn't shown anything near the power level of 616 Magneto.

the Darkone
Exactly^^^Thank you, This guy soujaboy69 is on ultimate colossus nut sack. Ultimate Colossus is good in his universe but 616 universe he will get curbstomp to shit.

soujaboy09
The only diffrence I see in the Ultimate Universe, and the 616 Universe is the time periods in which they are made. Now days people want more realistic comics, and this why you dont see now what you wants saw then. You will never see what you once saw in comics out of anyone in the 616 Universe or the Ultimate. So Hulk in the Ultimate Universe can be just as strong as Hulk in the 616 Universe, because thats how the writers wrtite it not just because Thor hasnt drug a giant snake away from the world. It seems that writers now want to put real situations in the comics so your feats up there are PIS as you like to say.

DarkCrawler
Umm...all my feats except the snake one were realistical. So your argument really has no point. 616 Thor is more powerful then Ultimate. Same with Hulk and Iron Man.

GalacticStorm
Gladiator 10/10

R.O.T. Yahman
The only diffrence I see in the Ultimate Universe, and the 616 Universe is the time periods in which they are made. Now days people want more realistic comics, and this why you dont see now what you wants saw then. You will never see what you once saw in comics out of anyone in the 616 Universe or the Ultimate. So Hulk in the Ultimate Universe can be just as strong as Hulk in the 616 Universe, because thats how the writers wrtite it not just because Thor hasnt drug a giant snake away from the world. It seems that writers now want to put real situations in the comics so your feats up there are PIS as you like to say.

I agree totally .... but the Hand book is a good guide to go by, and Gladiator is listed as Level 7 and Ultimate Colossus is a Level 6. With all his extra abilities Gladiator takes this 10/10

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I agree totally .... but the Hand book is a good guide to go by, and Gladiator is listed as Level 7 and Ultimate Colossus is a Level 6. With all his extra abilities Gladiator takes this 10/10

Either im still half drunk from last night or you just edited this. Did you just say Colossus was level 7 as well just a minute ago or am i going mad? That was freaky lol

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Either im still half drunk from last night or you just edited this. Did you just say Colossus was level 7 as well just a minute ago or am i going mad? That was freaky lol

laughing

I dont know what you are talking about ? whistling

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
laughing

I dont know what you are talking about ? whistling

I knew it!!! Thank god for that lol

soujaboy09
Were all crazy, anyways Darkcrawler tell me what makes you think 616 Thor is stronger than Ultimate Thor when its stated nowhere? You say feats show all, but in reality they don't. Different writers write Different ways so this means one day you can see Thor drive Galactus away, and in the next see him lose with ease in a fight with Juggernaut he actually did worse then 616 Colossus did. You keep bringing up feats, who cares? the fact still remains that marvel has intended for some of the Ultimate Characters to be just as strong there 616 counterparts, there just trying to make the Ultimate Universe more realistic with real situations. I said it once, and ill say it again we will never see what we once saw in comics 616 or Ultimate Universe. If you don't believe me, why do you think there throwing politics into the Ultimate Universe? Or why are they introducing gay characters in comics? Times change so comics have to change thats just who it is, you have to go with want people want.

Black Adam
Were all crazy, anyways Darkcrawler tell me what makes you think 616 Thor is stronger than Ultimate Thor when its stated nowhere? You say feats show all, but in reality they don't. Different writers write Different ways so this means one day you can see Thor drive Galactus away, and in the next see him lose with ease in a fight with Juggernaut he actually did worse then 616 Colossus did. You keep bringing up feats, who cares? the fact still remains that marvel has intended for some of the Ultimate Characters to be just as strong there 616 counterparts, there just trying to make the Ultimate Universe more realistic with real situations. I said it once, and ill say it again we will never see what we once saw in comics 616 or Ultimate Universe. If you don't believe me, why do you think there throwing politics into the Ultimate Universe? Or why are they introducing gay characters in comics? Times change so comics have to change thats just who it is, you have to go with want people want.

here a simple way. until Ultimate Thor shows any feat comparable to 616 Thor you can't compare the two. One took on Galactus and a Celestial the other got knocked out by Ultimate Colossus.
They can "intend" all they want. until they show something comparable in feats between the two they won't be comparable.

soujaboy09
Tell me then whens the last time 616 Thor did something as huge as he once did. I know he's strong no doubt one of the if not the strongest character in the marvel universe, but what has he done in the last 6 years?

Whats the difference between Ultimate Ironman, and 616 Ironman it seems to me nothing. Again can you name what big thing 616 Ironman has done in the last 6 years not saying he's done nothing.

Ultimate Magneto seems to me to be the same character as 616 Magneto just a little more deranged.

Has marvel stated that these characters are weaker than there counterparts?

For those who want to go by the handbook I dont, but for those few what are the stats for The Ultimate characters I just named, and there 616 counterparts?

Tony Stark

The Handbooks say it all 616 THOR is a lvl 7 in strength always has.

Ultimate Handbook says Ultimate THOR is a lvl 6 in strength.

Read any of the Caps, IMs, BPs, DDs, or Avengers throughout time and you'll see plenty of politics all of the time. They've always got the Pres. or the Sec. Def (Tony Stark), or congressmen... Etc...

soujaboy09
The Handbook also still has Juggernaut at lv 7 strength, when he is far weaker than he once was.

DarkCrawler
Tell me then whens the last time 616 Thor did something as huge as he once did. I know he's strong no doubt one of the if not the strongest character in the marvel universe, but what has he done in the last 6 years?

Whats the difference between Ultimate Ironman, and 616 Ironman it seems to me nothing. Again can you name what big thing 616 Ironman has done in the last 6 years not saying he's done nothing.

Ultimate Magneto seems to me to be the same character as 616 Magneto just a little more deranged.

Has marvel stated that these characters are weaker than there counterparts?

For those who want to go by the handbook I dont, but for those few what are the stats for The Ultimate characters I just named, and there 616 counterparts?

Ultimate Thor feats don't hold a candle to 616 Thor's feats. It doesn't matter if they are done in the last 6 years or not, but he has! I showed you pictures of 616 Thor doing huge feats, but you just choose to ignore them. Why do you need feats from the last six years? 616 Thor is simply stronger, because Ultimate Thor hasn't done ANYTHING remotely close to the stuff 616 has, in same way that Ultimate Colossus is stronger then 616 Colossus, because 616 hasn't done greater feats. You are being a hypocrite. You say that Ultimate Colossus is stronger then 616, because he has done greater feats, but in the same time you won't accept that 616 Thor is more powerful then Ultimate because he has done greater feats. You contradict yourself.

THE-CHARACTERS-ARE-WEAKER-THEN-THEIR-COUNTERPARTS-UNLESS

THEY-DO-SIMILAR-OR-GREATER-FEATS...

WHICH THEY HAVEN'T!!

If you still don't get it, you are a lost cause and I don't know what else to say.

616 Thor is more powerful then Ultimate. Everyone else accept it.

JOE NUNEZ
theres no way for colosus to win he cant match gladiators powers.....

Warmonger
The fact that they were able to put him down with a "small nuke" is indicative that Ult. Colossus isn't as tough as the higher ups in the 616. Guys like THor and that Hulk have survived full blown nuclear attacks.

Ult. Ironman is nowhere near as powerful as his counterpart. First of all Ult. Ironman can go about 8hours before his suit runs out of power and then he needs to drain a whole city grid to recahrge. Ironman can convert ambient enrgy to keep going indefinetly. 616 Ironman's weapons can level cities, Ult. doesn't even really chew up the landscape. Ult. can fly a few thousand mph 616 can hit escape velocity. A few hits from Ult. Hulk and Ult. Ironman's suit begins to crumble. 616 has already gone tot-toe with several times and his armor has held up.

Ult. Thor is no where near as powerful as 616. First of all if you take Ult.s belt off he becomes powerless. Second Black widow was able to inflict some pretty serious damage on Ult. Thor with the rather conventional weapons on her armor. Where as 616 was able to walk through Superman's Heat Vision. Ult. Thor has yet to do one great feat of strength that would warrent his beign compared to his demi-god like original.

The jury is still out on Ult. Hulk. But the fact that he felt a hit from Captain America, combined witht he fact that hsi healing factor is seemingly gone tells me that he isn't as powerful.

the Darkone
Earth 616 Thor destroyed a planet, fought Hades in hades realm, fought ulik who's strength was increase a 1000 fold, fought Ares who's strength was triple, Hit a super strong alien with so much physically force knock him out earth's orbit and the solar system. Thor alone would kill ultimate universe in a half-day.

soujaboy09
Yes there strong I realize that what I don't no is why Marvel would intentionally make the Ultimate characters weaker do you?

Ultimate Colossus has he been damaged in the Ultimate Universe?

Why was 616 Colossus able to fight Gladiator to toe to toe, and take him to his peak?

Is Ultimate Colossus really stronger than 616 Colossus?

Whats the diffrence between the 616, and Ultimate Universe?

Do comic book writers just throw some things in comics sometimes to make the character look human?

the Darkone
Marvel universe 616 is the original, while ultimate try to make the characters more realistic. But earth 616 universe over all is to powerful for the ultimate universe plain and simple. Earth 616 Thor, Hulk, Iron Man will eat the ultimate universe alive, Earth 616 feats are off the charts sersi alone will kick the shit out of ultimate universe.

soujaboy09
Who do you consider to be strong in the Ultimate Universe?

Why was Thor so easily beaten by Juggernaut yet he's done so many great feats? He was actually beaten easier than 616 Colossus why is this?

Sixth_Winged
He was beaten easier than 616 colossus???

Black Adam
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
He was beaten easier than 616 colossus???

I'd like to know when that happened to.

the Darkone
Because juggernaut has the powers of a sky-father or elder god, even though thor is hybrid god he couldn't hurt juggernaut at all. Only beings that hurt juggernaut was Onslaught, Nimrod, I might be forgetting some others.

Sixth_Winged
Except thor was able to cut off that connection with Cytorrak.

soujaboy09
In the Juggernaut respect thread there was a string of scans showing Thor being easily beaten by Juggernaut. He was about to be killed when other Gods came, and transported him away.

How did Nimrod hurt Juggernaut? Nimrod is weak enouph for Colossus to beat him in a fight.

joesha28
Huge mismatch honeys really huge.

joesha28
In the Juggernaut respect thread there was a string of scans showing Thor being easily beaten by Juggernaut. He was about to be killed when other Gods came, and transported him away.

How did Nimrod hurt Juggernaut? Nimrod is weak enouph for Colossus to beat him in a fight.

hmmmmmm, 8th day juggy.

soujaboy09
Who says it was 8th day Juggernaut? whats the diffrence anyways?

Warmonger
Firts of all Thor did WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY better than colossu could ever hoep to do. Why because he was able to use his hammer to nllify some of the enchantments that made Juggernaut invulnerable therefore allowing the two of them to slug it out more evenly. During ths 60 second window THor was actally doing some good damage to Cain. Unforutnaetly the time limit on hte Hammer ran up and Juggernaut got his full powerback and was instantly healed of all damage.

The most colosuss has done to Juggernaut is amuse him for a few seconds.

As for where Juggernaut destroys Thor it happens pretty much every time they meet the whole 8th day thing was really no different than how it noramlly goes down.

soujaboy09
We must be talking about a diffrent time they fought, because the pictures I saw Thor didn't even get a hit off.

joesha28
8th day Juggy was close to cyttorak power.

Warmonger
THor and Juggernaut have fought about three times. The one where he managed to negate is the best that he has managed to acheive. The one they have is the third time they ran itnot each other when Juggernaut heard the Exemplars call. While it was the 8th day Juggs it really doesn't look much different than any other fight they have had.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.