Why do people not like Topher?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
I was just wondering how come a lot of people on here seem to hate the idea of Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock and Venom. I mean wasn't the whole point of Venom that he was powerful because of the symbiote and not neccesarily the man inside? All Topher really needs to do is look semi muscular and be able to pull of hateful really well, which I'm sure he can do. Just asking for the sake of knowing...

Marcus4600
I honestly think he can do it. He does need to be bulky, because Eddie Brock had Olympian strength (mentioned in Lethal Protector) but otherwise just needs to read up on the character and play him well.

Arahan
Because he is a gopher

chucktaylor
Oh yeah, you're so right, here's a pic of EDDIE BROCK... wink

Doc Ock
Sometimes I think myself and about two other people on this forum,are the only people who read the comics.

Just look at that Eddie Brock pic posted above.Look at any Eddie Brock pic.And he looks as much like Topher Grace,as Black Cat looks like Whoopi Goldberg.

DBZ MAN
they could try and pass him off as ultimate Brock laughing just make abit fat die his hair blond and give him a goaty lol.

chucktaylor
the Ultimate storyline won't be followed, I assure you.

Its story resolves Grace as Venom, yes, but still, the fans and everyone else knows the venom by McFarlene, not Bendis.

They know the Venom drawn by McFarlene, and the classic 90's Bagley, not the 21st Century style USM.

They know this Venom:

DBZ MAN
True (if you look at the venom art thread you'll see ive tried to follow mcfarlens style), this is THE venom but Bagley established the Randomly placed Teeth and tounge, Or an artist before, not sure which tho.

Marcus4600
I guess since everybody when they here the words "Topher Grace" think of That 70's Show, so I can understand how it's hard to believe that he could play Eddie Brock. However, I think he can do it, because I'll give Raimi credit for being able to put actors you don't expect into roles, and have them be good at it. I honestly didn't think Moline could be Dock Ock, and Dafoe could by Gobby.

Sparkz
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
True (if you look at the venom art thread you'll see ive tried to follow mcfarlens style), this is THE venom but Bagley established the Randomly placed Teeth and tounge, Or an artist before, not sure which tho.

Yeah his tounge is just weird lol the only person sides mcfarlen i like to see draw venom is John Romita jr 9then again i like any1 Romita draws hes my fav artist)

NoFate007
I don't like the idea of Topher playing Brock/Venom...however I can't fully judge him yet until I see it - he's just not who I'd cast.

Marcus4600
I wouldn't either. I'd cast Scott Speedman, or someone like him, but I'd have to think about it more. Either way, I bet he can do a good job, but I wanna see him in action. IMDB has a pic of him with a crew cut, and it shows potential. Now he just needs muscles.

TheOnes2
wheres this pic?

atharpina
Well yeah, I wouln't have cast Topher either probably. But at this point it looks like we could be stuck with him so I feel like people need to start trying to come around to the idea.

bakerboy
I think that the problem isnt topher as an actor. I think that the problem is that he is wrong for the character of Eddie Brock, if he is playing this character. He is the opposite of this character, and not so good as an actor, so i think that its a big mistake to cast him as this character.

Marcus4600
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0333410/

bakerboy
And the difference with Molina and Dafoe is that they are great actors with many and many years of career. Grace isnt that great as an actor for the moment.

atharpina
I think he can pull through though. And if he can't...well...God help him.

Silverstein
Topher Grace, just plain doesnt look like Eddie Brock, and he has a dull wimpy voice, in EVERY movie i saw. Willem Dafoe almost always plays a villain in every movie, and I just plain heard that Alfred Molina was a great actor...

Marcus4600
Well, I just couldn't see it, mostly because when I think of Willam Defoe, I think of Platoon.

chucktaylor
Originally posted by Sparkz
Yeah his tounge is just weird lol the only person sides mcfarlen i like to see draw venom is John Romita jr 9then again i like any1 Romita draws hes my fav artist)

Here it is my friend, given especially for you, Romita style Venom!

doctorstrongbad
There is no way Topher Grace will be venom. That would be a very bad choice. ugh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.