Navy SEALS vs Army Rangers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
who do you guys think are superior?

Capt_Fantastic
The two rangers I slept with were better than the one SEAL I had intercourse with...

Does that answer your question?

botankus
laughing out loud Good answer, Capt.!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
The two rangers I slept with were better than the one SEAL I had intercourse with...

It answers the question but then again it creates new ones.
For one were both on their own better or were they together better....I mean that is important.

Hit_and_Miss
I would say seals.... some of them can actually get into the SAS in england....

But the delta force beats them both...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ash007
the S.A.S or S.B.S our the best team in the world they are only equal to Delta.

GCG
Originally posted by Bardock42
For one were both on their own better or were they together better....I mean that is important.

Or how on earth did Capt. manage to sleep with the 2 Rangers when he had a threesome on a platter. They dont come that often I assume.

soleran30
Seals and Rangers have different jobs so its difficult to say which is better. Not to mention that most special forces cross train and also cross specialize so its not so much who's better its whats the mission statement of each.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by ash007
the S.A.S or S.B.S our the best team in the world they are only equal to Delta.

Delta force.. The team that forgot to fit sand filters to there buggys and blew all the engines... Mission failed...

If I remember the SAS trainned the delta force...

ash007
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Delta force.. The team that forgot to fit sand filters to there buggys and blew all the engines... Mission failed...

If I remember the SAS trainned the delta force...

Actually you are right. The S.A.S did train Delta force.

Fire
Originally posted by soleran30
Seals and Rangers have different jobs so its difficult to say which is better. Not to mention that most special forces cross train and also cross specialize so its not so much who's better its whats the mission statement of each.

good point, also don't the seals operate in smaller groups almost all the time while the Rangers certainly at the start (thinking about Normandy Point-Du-Hoc here) also do large group operations

soleran30
Army Ragers from wiki of course

Conducting conventional or special light-infantry operations, conducting direct action operations, conducting raids, infiltrating and exfiltrating by sea, air or land, recovery of personnel and special equipment.

Navy Seals from wiki of course

Sea, air and land special operations/counter-terrorist force trained for Basic Underwater Demolitions (BUD), unconventional warfare, direct action, reconnaissance, counter-terrorism, counter-drug operations, information warfare, foreign internal defense, security assistance and personnel recovery.

My uncle did UDT and was a "frogman" before the seals formed..........so basically Rangers are for military support roles and Seals are for selective roles without "front line" combat the CIA or our militarysmile

Capt_Fantastic
For one, were both on their own better or were they together better....I mean that is important.

Oh, I wasn't involved in a threesome with these guys, just one on one.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by GCG
Or how on earth did Capt. manage to sleep with the 2 Rangers when he had a threesome on a platter. They dont come that often I assume.

Threesomes are indeed seldom in my life.

Bardock42
Oh, I wasn't involved in a threesome with these guys, just one on one.
Yeah well I was jut wondering how you measured them...that sounds bad....well nevermind then.

Capt_Fantastic
Yeah well I was jut wondering how you measured them...that sounds bad....well nevermind then.

I based it on my opinion. I measured it in the fun I had.

KidRock

Which one gave you aids?

BobbyD
It's probably a draw. Both are the highest respectively of their armed branch. If it takes place in or near water, then an edge must go to the Seals.

Otherwise, why even bother to ask about who would win between 2 distinguished and respected branches of our armed forces?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by KidRock
Which one gave you aids?

your dad

soleran30
Originally posted by BobbyD
It's probably a draw. Both are the highest respectively of their armed branch. If it takes place in or near water, then an edge must go to the Seals.

Otherwise, why even bother to ask about who would win between 2 distinguished and respected branches of our armed forces?

Hmm Green Berets would argue about that statementsmile Delta Force and Forced Recon in the Marines are all highly trained specialized teams...............There really isn't a "better" just what do you want to do?

As far as the training goes S.A.S. cross trains all the time in the USA however I have never heard that Delta Force is based on S.A.S. training...................its all blended.

BobbyD
Better said, Soleran. Thanks. smile

Hit_and_Miss
As far as the training goes S.A.S. cross trains all the time in the USA however I have never heard that Delta Force is based on S.A.S. training...................its all blended.

United States - The US Army Special Forces Operational Detachment: Delta (1st SFOD-D (A)), also known as Delta Force, was originally based on the SAS. Its founder, "Chargin'" Charlie Beckwith, having served on exchange with the SAS in the early 1960s, caught the "SAS bug" and, recognising a void in the US Army, devoted a large part of the remainder of his career to the raising and establishment of a US unit formed on "SAS lines" with SAS capabilites.

KidRock
your dad laughing laughing

soleran30
early 1960

Yes I am not denying their start what I am saying is that today its a cross train world and the training today isn't the same as yesteryear when it started........................same with seals initially they were UDT then frogmen then seals however SEALS aren't UDT today its part of their mission but there are seperate UDT units.

KharmaDog
S.A.S. and JTF2 are superior to both and are also superior to Delta force.

BackFire
Originally posted by KidRock
Which one gave you aids?

Hahahahaha!

HAHAHAHAHA!

This is the best conversation I've ever read in the GDF. Both of you should take a bow.

soleran30
Originally posted by KharmaDog
S.A.S. and JTF2 are superior to both and are also superior to Delta force.

At the end of the day its all subjective the possibility of getting REAL data to support any claims to "better" in these units is next to impossible.

Hit_and_Miss
I have never heard that Delta Force is based on S.A.S.

I just thought I would tell ya! cause you seemed confussed....

Yes I am not denying their start

yes after I tell you they are based on the SAS you can't deny there start...

.....Saving face.... don't bother!!!

soleran30
lol do you feel better now?smile My point is that the start doesn't equate to the end so anyway they got started with S.A.S, ok.

Sir Whirlysplat
SBS are at least as good as the SAS smile

FeceMan
Chuck Norris had AIDS for twelve years. He bled himself dry to get rid of it. Then he went to the gym.

(My head hurts right now.)

Blair Wind
well I started this thread since Ive been really thinking of joining the Navy and on of the paths that Im considering is SEALs training. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of them compared to the Rangers (and I didnt include Delta in this since we barely know anything about them)

Can anyone give me more info about the SAS? I know their british right? Ima go look them up but what makes them so special or renouned?

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Blair Wind
well I started this thread since Ive been really thinking of joining the Navy and on of the paths that Im considering is SEALs training. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of them compared to the Rangers (and I didnt include Delta in this since we barely know anything about them)

Can anyone give me more info about the SAS? I know their british right? Ima go look them up but what makes them so special or renouned?

1. Be safe if you join

2.The seals are hotter lol stick out tongue

but seriously what made you consider this?

Imperial_Samura
Navy SEALS had a tendency to be portrayed as really elite in a lot of military action literature in the past. Kind of the popularised military unit that authors would pop in so they could have someone say "best of the best." Not sure if it's true, or if it still common today (mainly as I don't particularly like military action literature, and thus avoid it.)

Not helpful I know.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Blair Wind
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Air_Service

This is the story that first made them famous... Untill then the SAS was hardly known.
"On 30 April 1980, six Iranian terrorists took over the Iranian Embassy in Princes Gate, London. After six days of unsuccesful negotations and one hostage's murder, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher ordered an assault. At 19:26 on Monday 5 May, the SAS went in. More than thirty troopers entered the building, including some who went in across a balcony filmed live by the BBC. A diversionary attack was staged and other troopers went in through the ground floor. One hostage was killed by the terrorists, but within minutes the terrorist threat had been eliminated, with five of the six having been killed and one captured. Of the original 24 hostages, 22 were safe. The operation was hailed as a great success and was to change the way the public viewed the regiment."

Atlantis001
For an instant I ve read Army SEALS vs Power Rangers.

Zaxaquar
I've talked to guys in the Rangers, SEALs, Delta Force, SWAT, Recon from the army (don't remember the devision), and Airborne.
British SAS and SBS, I don't know much about, I'm in the U.S. so I haven't communicated with any SAS or SBS. I don't know much about them. The Delta Force was STARTED by an American who WAS an SAS. He started SFOD-D and SFOD creates more tactics and more, trains harder and harder, they were started by an --->X<--- SAS who was an American. They were NOT trained BY the SAS. They occasionally participate in cross drills.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delta Force is a unique unit, with approx 300 officers in it. The U.S. government officially denies their existence. The Delta Force commence covert ops which are range from under cover work, VIP assassination, illegal operations (dirty work of governments), political interference. Team elimination in some cases. They do it all. They specialize in SCUBA, HALO, HAHO, small to large unit warfare, woodland and CQB. Hostage rescue of course.
Deltas are almost a match for SEALs in SCUBA, but SEALs dominate Delta in underwater operations, which aren't very common. Deltas dominate the SEALs on ALL land and air warfare.
Preparing to get in rangers (join the U.S. army, and hopefully get recruited by US-A-1stSFOD-D).

My conclusion to the thread question is; Rangers and SEALs participate in different types of missions, but are closely similar. Rangers are probably better on land than a SEAL, and a SEAL is almost POSITIVELY better than a ranger in water.

PEACE OUT GUYS... take care. Just remember that one branch is always dominant in what they are trained for, Army=land, Navy Sea, Air-Force=Air

-Zax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.