Streetfighter moves oh really huh sounds like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
Hadouken=I know ken

Shiryuken=All you kids

Well streetfighter two on genisis used to scream out those words and thats what they would sound like. Anyone else hear anything that sounds like something else ?

SaTsuJiN
most of my friends thought
hadouken = hoduken! ,
and shoryuken = awww yuuken! (lol)

16 bit sound was a mess for fighting games..

Cyber Ninja
lol Aww yuuken. Well the kids at school use to scream all that crap out like they know what they were saying. I said whats that fire ball move ryu does, and the kid would say he says he said I know ken sinse they are buddies and they trained togather and named the move like that for a trade mark signature move.

SaTsuJiN
the worst was in my college art class.. this woman put up a peice of artwork, and asked us to describe the color.. and some kid said "A hadugen..." I was like... *puts head down on desk*

but in mah highschool days.. the kids would be 'aww-yuuken'ing the street signs.. they were like "yo mah man raiyu be like hadugen!".. I was like o_o!

Cyber Ninja
lol Hadugen. They also said Ryu wrong..they would say WHy you!! Rie you. Stupid streetfighter movie(with van dame lol)

powerfulone1987
What did it have to do with the painting?

Me and others thought it sounded like: "Fignuton!!".

That's what we would shout,lol. We knew it was wrong but it was as close as we could get.

Is it comprehensible.....

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
What did it have to do with the painting?

I have no idea.. the painting was a beige/peach color.. my answer was "Old, worn out".. I was pretty sure 'hadugens' were blue.. so I was torn between being confused and wanting to smack him for being silly

powerfulone1987
ha.

Well what exactly are/is (a) Hadugen(s)?

is it comprehensible.....

SaTsuJiN
they are the 'fireball' that ryu and ken throw

http://insolenz.echoing.org/MK2/sprites/ryushinhad.gif

powerfulone1987
I know that, but I thought since the person in your story was saying that a painting looked like or was the color of a ......, I thought that maybe it was a real object in our world.

is it comprehensible.....

Tekno Boy
In Street Fighter II, when Ryu did his Spinning Kick, my brothers and I thought he was saying "I'd like some burgers". In the alpha games it now sounds like " A swifty million". Go listen for yourselves if you don't believe me.

shin_remy
whahhahahaa

the sf 2 sounds are really a mes up

hadouken : Hajoekit ............lol haha
Shoryuken : haaaaawwwjuken

it is funny to see what people have heard back these days

''I'd like some burgers''
''A swifty million''
''I know ken''
''All you kids''
''awww yuuken''

SaTsuJiN
there was also the classic "Ayuu'gen" lol.. (the uppercut)

shin_remy
hehe

the tatsu maki senpuu kyaku

i thought he said :

a frakten moging embarrasment

or something i didn't remember it to well, maybe if i hear it again.

Arahan
do you guys have some problems with your ears? Ha do Ken and Sho Ryu Ken were easy to understand.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Arahan
do you guys have some problems with your ears? Ha do Ken and Sho Ryu Ken were easy to understand.

we're talking about the 16-bit days when sound wasnt so good, nor were there the "actual" japanese pronunciations in the instruction book.. it only said "Fireball" and "Dragon Punch".. and its "Dou" not "Do".. :P

Cyber Ninja
lol yeah, Really young and it was on 16 bits, not to metion like the first japanese game some people played and can not say the words.

The hurricane kick I heard was "A speck speck palu Kick"

shin_remy
"A speck speck palu Kick"
blink

damn that is the strangest thing i have ever heard

i don't say that my thing sounds good laughing

Arahan
I know you are talking about the 16 bit sounds. The Ha Dou Ken and Sho Ryuu Ken were easy to understand. Other moves werent, like Guiles Sonic Boom.

IcePunk
Sonic boom was the only thing I could hear strangely enough

Cyber Ninja
Sonic boom was the easiest to hear. Also at first dhalsim(sp error) fire was Ooga fire(people thought) and the fat guy honda when he wins and roles his head, people thought he was oinking.

SaTsuJiN
'spinning bird kick' was fairly audible.. although I used to think she was saying spinning side kick

Arahan
I couldtn hear Sonic Boom.

What Honda wasnt oinking? laughing

Tha C-Master
tatsumaki zanpukkyaku= "wet back bru gack"

"blap blap blap bru gack"

lol

JacopeX
when i wuz younger, i thoght hadouken wuz

ABOOKEN

Shoryuken- OOOORUKEN!!

Inspectah Deck
Hadouken - I'll duke him

MadMel
lol laughing out loud
sagat's uppercut move always sounded like "a tiger that'll own" laughing out loud
and his barge move sounded like. "tiger prat" laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.