Galactus vs The Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
Galactus

VS

Celestials

Darth_Erebus
Depends on Galactus power level. At normal power I'd say Galactus is on par with them. Hungry he's below them. If he's very well fed and at or near full strength he'd own them.

Mider
not normal just after eating like when he was getting ready to battle Tyrant

golem370
Galactus is below the larger celestials and on par with the smaller celestials.

Xplosive
Only Galactus with great power level could beat Celestial. That means the one who fought against Tyrant (just after eating, who was really upper level) and up. Normal Galactus, I think Celestial would own him and without great difficulty.

Mider
i dont know why you would think that since a galactus in a canon fantastic four comic actually ate the entire celestial home world under the manipulation of the dreaming celestial who is said to be maybe the greatest oh then he himself got eaten in the end.

Tshern
C'mon, Galactus would beat up any Celestial. In normal state, not hungry though. Galactus is an abstract cosmic entity, regardless of the fact that he has lost to Thor and Fantastic 4 he is more powerful than any Celestial. Celestials are just extremely advanced humanoids in armors and equiped with technology far beyond our imagination, they are no match toa cosmic entity who has defeated more difficult opponents.

And Galactus already killed a Celestial. Can't recall the exact story, but if I recall correctly he did it with ease. What could Celestial possibly do to Galactus? Shoot him with some beams? Hit him with Exitar's axe? They have absolutely nothing against Galactus.

Mider
why is universe x or paradise x were galactus killed a celestial not canon?

Tshern
Come again?

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Mider
why is universe x or paradise x were galactus killed a celestial not canon?

cause they say so big grin , anythin that can even slightly be hinted to be outside the main marvel universe is cannon n not acceptable{its knda ridiculous, i think wed be much better off sayin that they are less significant feats or PIS if theyr ridiculous}

Mider
thats lame why make a comic thats not canon i mean at least make it a what if thats in an alternate universe there are diffrent galactus(s) like in the abraxas saga were he killed load of them but yeah in one of those X saga's galactus destroyed a celestial not even using his powers but his tech he is known for using tech when he dont wanna waist his time using his powers but of course marvel says its not canon it should at least be a good feat to explore celestials are almost as overpowered as the SS.

Azeld
Galactus at his theoretical max power should be able to take them all. Galactus at his Tyrant fighting power should be equal or greater then any single celestial.

Xplosive
i dont know why you would think that since a galactus in a canon fantastic four comic actually ate the entire celestial home world under the manipulation of the dreaming celestial who is said to be maybe the greatest oh then he himself got eaten in the end.

That was not a canon. Korvac also easily defet LT in alterante Universe, is it canon, no, it doesn't count. Galactus eatin Celestail in universe x doesn't count at all and shouldn't be taken seriously. Only fed Galactus could beat Celestial.

Galactus is only ''suposedly'' close to abstracst when fully fed (than he should be able to smash Celestial when at Full power), which really we never saw.
Although G power levle has greater upper limit than Celestail, but we will never see a fully powered G. The best state we can see G is when he fought Tyrant (in that state he could beat Celestial).

BlaqChaos
Don't forget, the Earth X Galactus wasn't the real Galactus; just an evolved Franklin Richards that took the place of the real Galactus.

Mider
umm yes any appereance by the LT is canon sorry but its true.

Xplosive
umm yes any appereance by the LT is canon sorry but its true.

But Galactus eating a Celestial wasn't a canon.

Mider
the alternate universe poured into 616 in such a case it is canon

Xplosive
Galactus eating a Celestial wasn't a canon.

Mider
um yeah it was he ate the dreaming celestial in universe 616 look it up the same galactus went to another universe and ate the entire celestial world it was canon go look it up for yourself

King KAM
Originally posted by Xplosive
Galactus eating a Celestial wasn't a canon. what do you know? you think that apocolypse can beat Galactus.

your a proven mutie fanboy

paolo2143
from most of the evidence i have seen an average galactus is well below the more powerful of the celestials and on average he does not look anywhere near as powerful only a really well fed galactus could possibly take down a celestial from what i have seen so far

who?-kid
I also think an average Galactus is (slightly) below an average Celestial.

leonidas
Originally posted by paolo2143
from most of the evidence i have seen an average galactus is well below the more powerful of the celestials and on average he does not look anywhere near as powerful only a really well fed galactus could possibly take down a celestial from what i have seen so far

i agree. celestial on-panel feats>galactus on-panel feats in general. but a powerful g>celestials imo.

golem370
They said Dreaming Celestial was on par with Areshim and they said Exitar dwarfs Arishem power.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by golem370
They said Dreaming Celestial was on par with Areshim and they said Exitar dwarfs Arishem power.

Whats the full title and issue number of the comic that scan comes from?

the Darkone
Thor vol.1 #297-300

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor vol.1 #297-300

Aint u a good boy!! Thank you much stick out tongue

Darth_Erebus
I have those issues of Thor and Exitar isn't even mentioned. Arishem is supposed the second most powerful Celestial after TOAA. Still, Exitar is pretty ^%*(&^ powerful, but then so is an amped up Galactus.

Sixth_Winged
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/attachments/030212100605/Thor_1988_%23388_20.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/attachments/030212100605/Thor_1988_%23388_21.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/attachments/030212100605/Thor_1988_%23388_22.jpg

jostled only for a moment with godblast amplified by belt of power.....so powerful mjolnir wasn't able to withstand chanelling it.

on the side note: doesn't he look a bit like Imperiex?

golem370
"The Dreaming Celestial, who is also known as the Great Renegade, is a member of the enigmatic, virtually all-powerful extraterrestrial race known as the Celestials, who have conducted genetic experimentation with the dominant races of many planets, including Earth. The Dreaming Celestial has an actual name (such as other known Celestials, like Arishem the Judge, have), but it has been "obliterated" from any known records. The Dreaming Celestial was a member of the Second Host of Celestials, which visited Earth at the time of the Great Cataclysm, which they brought about. According to one account, the Dreaming Celestial is the "greatest" of the Celestials. Possibly the Dreaming Celestial is the most powerful individual member of the Second Host, although it seems highly unlikely that his power exceeds that of such Celestials as Exitar, who dwarfs even Arishem in size and might".

the Darkone
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
I have those issues of Thor and Exitar isn't even mentioned. Arishem is supposed the second most powerful Celestial after TOAA. Still, Exitar is pretty ^%*(&^ powerful, but then so is an amped up Galactus.

Exitar is above all the Celestials, Exitar is up their with the higher abstracts beings like Eternity, Death, Infinity, Oblivion, Full Powered Galactus, Abraxas. It was stated in other comics Celestials vs the Watchers where one of the watchers said that Exitar is the most powerful.

Mordum
Those pics dont work can you post them again.

K Von Doom
exitar is the celestial's enforcer so it'd only make sense that he's the strongest of them all, but arishem holds more authority.

arishem makes the decisions = judge

exitar enforces the judgement = executioner

the Darkone
100% with you on that ^^^^

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Mordum
Those pics dont work can you post them again.

It doesn't, your right.....dunno why

here's the page for it anyway, hope it works

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?rpl=030212100605&q=Scans

K Von Doom

no

KillAll
galactus at any state hasnt shown the ability to even remotely in any way shape or for to keep up with a celestial....

this is so dumb. i hate argueing about it. i could post news letters (wont help though) that directly say the celestials constitute the NEXT LEVEL OF POWER vs. galactus...

you can also compare like opponents (since they havent met directly) and the celestials humble people galactus has trouble with. and they do it with a single gesture of thier hand...

then you have to factor in time. the longer the fight goes on, the more it favors celestials. they dont need to "refuel" like galactus does. its really not fair to put him against the celestials...

K Von Doom

lol. I thought you said "100% sure on that?"

the Darkone
Originally posted by KillAll
galactus at any state hasnt shown the ability to even remotely in any way shape or for to keep up with a celestial....

this is so dumb. i hate argueing about it. i could post news letters (wont help though) that directly say the celestials constitute the NEXT LEVEL OF POWER vs. galactus...

you can also compare like opponents (since they havent met directly) and the celestials humble people galactus has trouble with. and they do it with a single gesture of thier hand...

then you have to factor in time. the longer the fight goes on, the more it favors celestials. they dont need to "refuel" like galactus does. its really not fair to put him against the celestials...

Galactus can kill celestials at normal level, but the higher tier celestials areishem, one above all, Exitar he will have to be at full powered. And he has killed all the celestial and their homeworld in alternate reality so it is possible he can kill celestials. Even the watchers stated that galactus at full powered can destroyed the universe 10x over.

Mider
celestials shouldnt be above galactus since he is one of the three mains powers in the universe he is the balance between life and death having to kill in order to live and living in order to protect the universe from ultimate destruction only person ive heard that could stalemate him was sentry up i said it deal with it its not even that unamaginable read the Sentry tpb and look at how messed up the void was anyway and the other person was the in-betweener who is the balance between order and chaos hmmm maybe he was hungry but order and chaos are still pretty important.

Decay
id say galactus at normal can take on one or two celestials, maybe 3. he spends his life eating their babies, if they could do something about it im sure they would. at full power i think he could take on the majority of them at once.

hes supposed to be up there with death and eternity but they always have him doing the job to some cosmic being. in deadpool there was a weird space thing that was compaired by a watcher as being stronger than even galactus. his abilities are written poorly in general and never given the respect he deserves.

Sixth_Winged
OK just to clarify this, Earth X, Universe X, Paradise X is not CANON. There is not official confirmation on what exactly the Celestials have in relation with planets. Everything there should be taken as grains of salt till something official came up.

the Darkone
Galactus at normal powers is around Dreaming Celestail,One Above All, Areishem level at full powered Galactus is more powerful than Exitar the excutioner. Future version of earth 616 "which never happen "Galactus destroyed earth, killed all the abstracts and he went the Celestial home world and devoured it killing all the Celestails including Exitar and Dreaming Celestail, even Eternity stated at full strength Galactus almost powerful as I,don't remember what comic but it came from one of the big dogs so you know it's true.

Mider
was it a fantastic four comic?

GODSCRIBE
Galactus at full power is should be about the TOAA Celestials power.

Diunic
Galactus loses because he's almost never at full power.

Mider
yeah but that doesnt mean he cant get there.

the Darkone
was it a fantastic four comic?

FF 337-341

Diunic
That's true but this thread is about Galactus not the f-p Galactus. And also Galactus is not able to achieve his full-power just by willing so.

the Darkone
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Galactus at full power is should be about the TOAA Celestials power.

Galactus at full powered is over Exitar who is more powerful than One Above All (celestail) and Galactus killed One Above All with ease.

The Top Celestail
Exitar
One Above All, Arishem, there was a red and blue Celestail where kubik was telling kosmos their place in the hierarchy and that red and blue Celestail has the same title as Arishem. And the Dreaming Celestail or Black Celestail was more powerful than One Above All and Arishem.

Diunic
Galactus can't be at full power just because he wants to. Also this thread is not about that. Galactus would lose easily against the entire Celestials race. Full powered Galactus would win but that's not him

Mider
yeah and it doesnt state that its not him or is him the thread rules state that all characters fighting are at full potential

Diunic
Ok then the big G wins.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Diunic
Ok then the big G wins.

I never knew Galactus had such a fanboy following. As has been shown repeatedly throughout the decades, he does not have the kind of power many wish he had (anyone see his fight with ego?) and is very reliant on machines to supplement his limited capabilities. A Galactus without machines would be quickly killed be any Celestial.

Mider
he already was shown to kill ALL the celestials in the said FF comics

aliveinboston
he already was shown to kill ALL the celestials in the said FF comics

He used a machine which essentially gave him an enormous boost. It's no different than what Thanos often does to boost his own capabilities except that Thanos does it because he has specific goals whereas Galactus basically has no self-control.

In any case, the one where he fought Celestials wasnt 616 universe and as such isn't canon. In fact, it wasn't even Galactus.

Deadpool14
he is a natural part of the universe, like an abstract

the Darkone
Originally posted by aliveinboston
He used a machine which essentially gave him an enormous boost. It's no different than what Thanos often does to boost his own capabilities except that Thanos does it because he has specific goals whereas Galactus basically has no self-control.

In any case, the one where he fought Celestials wasnt 616 universe and as such isn't canon. In fact, it wasn't even Galactus.

FF 337-341 Galactus absorb so much power he was to powerful for even Dreaming Celestail to control and end up be Galactus food and the rest of the Celestails where killed on his own powers. aliveinboston by the comics then comment until then don't assume nothing like you did, when you said that Infinity lost to Odin, I just read the comic from a friend it didn't even went down like that.

aliveinboston
FF 337-341 Galactus absorb so much power he was to powerful for even Dreaming Celestail to control and end up be Galactus food and the rest of the Celestails where killed on his own powers. aliveinboston by the comics then comment until then don't assume nothing like you did, when you said that Infinity lost to Odin, I just read the comic from a friend it didn't even went down like that.

It was actually the black hole machine that absorbed everything and artificially boosted Galactus well beyond what he could do alone. This is no different from Thanos boosting himself as he has done many times.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say regarding Infinity-Odin.

guy222
Celestials>Galactus

Too many

Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial is the most powerful Celestial(Earth-616)

The key question, is Tiamut apart of the 6th Celestial Host

guy222
Celestials>Galactus

Too many

Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial is the most powerful Celestial(Earth-616)

The key question, is Tiamut apart of the 6th Celestial Host

Tenebrous
Originally posted by guy222
Celestials>Galactus

^ i agree. cool

Galactus>Celestial

big grin

guy222
I knew my Galactus buddy would show smile

Utrigita
Galactus vs all Celestials = Galactus lose

Galactus vs One Celestial (any single Celestial) = he wins

guy222
My other Galactus buddy is here

Utrigita
A little get to getter wink

guy222
beer

Utrigita
cheers

cpd12589
Originally posted by Utrigita
Galactus vs all Celestials = Galactus lose

Galactus vs One Celestial (any single Celestial) = he wins

Yeah Galactus is definitely more powerful than any single Celestial including One Above All and Exitar. But there are 18 known Celestials in existence so I don't really think he'd be able to do that.

I think all the Celestials would definitely win against even full powered Galactus but he wouldn't go down without taking a bunch of them if not most of them with him.

Slaanesh
Galactus wins against any regular Celestials except Tiamut and Exitar..

the Darkone
Galactus is powerful to take on Tiamut or Exitar, Galactus has tech that will bust them wide open

Slaanesh
Galactus is powerful to take on Tiamut or Exitar, Galactus has tech that will bust them wide open

he got tech for this fight??

Doon
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Galactus wins against any regular Celestials except Tiamut and Exitar..

In a one on one match-up, yes. Agreed.

Horrificus
Does anybody have the following handy?:

1. Galactus' greatest feats.
2. Exitar's greatest feats.
3. Tiamut's greatest feats.

guy222
yes

Horrificus
Originally posted by Horrificus
Does anybody have the following handy?:

1. Galactus' greatest feats.
2. Exitar's greatest feats.
3. Tiamut's greatest feats.

Well... if I dig these up, I can already tell that there will be some unhappy forum members. big grin

"Id"
Pre Evolved Tiamut should be around the same level as well fed Galactus. He single-handedly fended off the Celestial host before being overpowered by the group.

guy222
for those that don't know stick out tongue

tiamut is the leader and most powerful celestial(616)

Horrificus
Originally posted by "Id"
Pre Evolved Tiamut should be around the same level as well fed Galactus. He single-handedly fended off the Celestial host before being overpowered by the group. This is what I am talking about. smile

OK. So, we have a feat from Tiamut that is placing him in a class with Galactus.

This feat is obviously comparable to showings that Galactus has given, against Celestial opponents.

Anything else for Tiamut or Exitar?

And, does Galactus have greater showings than battling the Celestials?

basilisk
Against no-name lower Celestials or alternate insane talking Celestials Galactus should be able to take the win, even against a few at a time. Against the 3rd/4th hosts he would lose.

Against high-end Celestials like Exitar and Tiamut he would eventually lose without some sort of extraordinary power up or circumstances.

Against Scathan he would be destroyed.

And he cannot withstand Oneg the Prober. Nobody can withstand that.

guy222
great points friends

tiamut sings a song which turns back time nearly 14 billion years

one with the fulcrum

achieved what no other celestial has

ask urself this how does his power compare to the one featured in s.h.i.e.l.d. i do stick out tongue

his reality warping powers are extraordinaire and last we saw he was leading arishem and crew to where

one can only imagine

if ur me...i know where

Horrificus
great points friends

tiamut sings a song which turns back time nearly 14 billion years

one with the fulcrum

achieved what no other celestial has

ask urself this how does his power compare to the one featured in s.h.i.e.l.d. i do stick out tongue

his reality warping powers are extraordinaire and last we saw he was leading arishem and crew to where

one can only imagine

if ur me...i know where Very cool Guy...

When we are talking about one-on-one scenarios, I am still on-board with Galactus.

He definitely has some problems with inconsistency, but also has some incredible feats and seems to have some tricks, yet to be revealed.

I have been looking through my books, to see if I can find some solid Galactus-beating feats, but haven't dug any up.

Of course, they are incredibly powerful, but G is a third of the Universal Trinity.

Sometimes, he shows it. wink

guy222
morning buddy smile

its all personal preference

been a celestials fan for years

Tar-Antado
One thing for sure, neither is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than the other. Some extreme fans of either side may claim it but it ain't so.

So Guy, you think the Lakers have enough for another run at an O'Brien trophy?

guy222
always make good points

i do tar

ramon is the key along with drew

the bench is worrysome because blake isn't playing as he should this is a guy who had a triple double vs lakers play inspired

Horrificus
morning buddy smile

its all personal preference

been a celestials fan for years Yeah, they are awesome.

Way back, before we were given an origin for them, I used to think that eventually we would find out that they were like some sort of lost tribe of "Galactuses" from the previous universe or something. Because of the Kirbyesque designs.

guy222
kirby's legacy is cemented

its always good to guess what they are and where they are from

guy222
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11473573_AvengersAcademy_28_TheGroup_010.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.