The best Rock/Heavy metal Band

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

swedish_bum
OK... what band do you think is the best Heavy metal/Rock band?

BobbyD
Zeppelin, which is not one of your choices. sad

Followed next by Black Sabbath.

Df02
Slayer

swedish_bum
yeah sry i only took some bands i knew well of

nick1811
none of the ones on the list erm

Thorin
korn, linkin park, sepeltura.

Ronny
Zeppelin is way up there but I'm not sure if they're best... hmm. Off the list I'm most fond of Megadeth.

EDIT:
Oh shnap! I didnt even see Iron Maiden up there. I take that back.. Iron Maiden

Ronny
Originally posted by Thorin
linkin park.

That shouldnt even be legal. Voting LP as one of the best heavy metal bands?

They're pop.

Thorin
thread says rock/heavy metal, and just because there succesful doesnt make them pop, fvckin justin timberlake is pop.

shit i forgot godsmack, ozzy or black sabbath, marilyn manson, soulfly.

Ronny
I didnt say because they are succesful ment they were pop did I?

I said they are pop, because they are pop. blink

Deathblow
I know I probably sound like a broken record, but Opeth eat everyone on that list alive.

Alpha Centauri
Linkin Park aren't pop, they're clearly a rock band. A very shit one, but a rock band. Franz Ferdinand are pop, Coldplay are pop. Why? Because they fit into the pop genre completely, there's nothing rock about them. Just because Linkin Park are shit it doesn't mean they're pop.

Off that list, Metallica...closely followed by Pantera.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Rammstein, from the list.

Thorin
zz top shouldnt be on there.

staind should be though.

MetallicaT
|
|
|
|
v

cool_dudes_rule
metallica.

Makedde
Lacuna Coil, which isn't on the list.

swedish_bum
Yeah if i could have more poll i would have every band big grin

I like Hammerfall, Rammstein, stratovarius and zz top I think they are good big grin big grin

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by BobbyD
Zeppelin, which is not one of your choices. sad

Followed next by Black Sabbath. that is number one on the VH1 top 100 hard rock groups

so i'm saying Zepplin

(tool was 88 shock)

Myth
I put AC/DC for this list. Metallica is close.

wicker_man
Iron Maiden - Have so much respect for them particularly on the basis they've never changed their values in their 26 year history. Plus they have the talent to match their reputation.

Alpha Centauri
They don't have the talent to match their reputation, if we're adhering to the adage that they're Britain's greatest band ever that they so wrongly get tagged with.

-AC

wicker_man

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't have to accept it, no. They don't belong there because they're not a rock/heavy metal band. Strike one.

Secondly, talent isn't subjective. They aren't as able (in terms of ability) as they are revered for their music.

-AC

wicker_man
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't have to accept it, no. They don't belong there because they're not a rock/heavy metal band. Strike one.

Secondly, talent isn't subjective. They aren't as able (in terms of ability) as they are revered for their music.

-AC

Once again your sheer arrogance is clouding your beliefs. Different people will see different abilities in different ways in different artists.

And if we're going to be 'petty' and deter who should be on that list and who shouldn't well i personally think AC/DC and KoRn should be struck of because they ain't really heavy in comparison to Deicide & Morbid Angel.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by wicker_man
Once again your sheer arrogance is clouding your beliefs. Different people will see different abilities in different ways in different artists.

And if we're going to be 'petty' and deter who should be on that list and who shouldn't well i personally think AC/DC and KoRn should be struck of because they ain't really heavy in comparison to Deicide & Morbid Angel.

No, ability is factually provable. This has been debated to death against many others before you and the outcome has been the same.

Nicko isn't as great as people rate him, Bruce isn't the greatest technical singer ever etc. So therefore, technically, they don't have the talent to match their reputation or if they did they'd be the greatest at their respective jobs, technically.

They are not.

-AC

wicker_man
No, ability is factually provable. This has been debated to death against many others before you and the outcome has been the same.

Nicko isn't as great as people rate him, Bruce isn't the greatest technical singer ever etc. So therefore, technically, they don't have the talent to match their reputation or if they did they'd be the greatest at their respective jobs, technically.

They are not.

-AC

Well whatever crap you like to spout to make yourself feel big, I'd love you to disapprove that theory to Maidens hardcore fan-base - i hope your not attached to those limbs of yours. Download 2006 - see you there!

Alpha Centauri
Well whatever crap you like to spout to make yourself feel big, I'd love you to disapprove that theory to Maidens hardcore fan-base - i hope your not attached to those limbs of yours. Download 2006 - see you there!

Thanks for proving my point. Maiden's hardcore fanbase would claim that Dickinson is a better vocalist, technically, than Jeff Buckley.

-AC

wicker_man
Thanks for proving my point. Maiden's hardcore fanbase would claim that Dickinson is a better vocalist, technically, than Jeff Buckley.

-AC

Yes one point I did prove, your a gutless little cretin who wouldn't have the guts to explain his so-called theories when faced with Iron Maiden fans to whom many have followed since album one and before. Oh and i don't buy into children's games like who's better...grow up!

Alpha Centauri
Yes one point I did prove, your a gutless little cretin who wouldn't have the guts to explain his so-called theories when faced with Iron Maiden fans to whom many have followed since album one and before. Oh and i don't buy into children's games like who's better...grow up!

You don't buy into being childish business but imply, with some sense of positivity, that I'm "gutless" for not wanting to discuss music with people who might reply violently, due to me proving that their idols aren't the most technically gifted musicians ever? You're right, I wouldn't. I don't mingle with idiots and no-brained morons. Go down the pub and have a fight with a big dude named Fred, that's closer to your mentality than mine.

Secondly, is Bruce technically a better vocalist than Jeff Buckley? Is Nicko McBrain technically a better drummer than Terry Bozzio?

No and no, hardcore Maiden fans can deny that all they want, but they would be factually incorrect. If they prefer Maiden's music, fine. To claim technical ability is better just because you prefer it is stupid. If they prefer Adrian to Hendrix does that mean Adrian is a better technical player? No.

Shut up then.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
-AC

Yes AC you have stated your opinion and others have disagreed, as ever the same result on this topic!

Alpha Centauri
Not opinion though is it? Technique is factually provable.

Music made is subjective, musical technical ability is not.

-AC

wicker_man
You don't buy into being childish but imply, with some sense of positivity, that I'm "gutless" for not wanting to discuss music with people who might reply violently? You're right. I wouldn't, I don't mingle with idiots who aren't worthy of the life they've been given.

Is Bruce a technically better vocalist than Jeff Buckley? Is Nicko McBrain a technically better drummer than Terry Bozzio?

No and no, hardcore Maiden fans can deny that all they want, but they would be factually incorrect. If they prefer Maiden's music, fine. To claim technical ability is better just because you prefer it is stupid. If they prefer Adrian to Hendrix does that mean Adrian is a better technical player? No.

Shut up then.

-AC

I will not shut up. Maiden fans love them for their music and everything they stand for...you on the other hand like to compare everyone with everyone else...for that you are no more then an arrogant little child...probably living delusional fantasies behind their cyber screen.

Now you shut up, music fans 'real' music fans come across people like you all the time and each time dismiss them as 'party poopers' with no real validation but to p*** on peoples enjoyment.

BTW my suggestion wasn't a violent one, it was merely a test to see if you believed in that opinion you cradle so hard, you'd put it to a cause that would back it up...but obviously not.

Sir Whirlysplat
Not opinion though is it? Technique is factually provable.

Music made is subjective, musical technical ability is not.

-AC

Technical ability is more provable but a great flamingo guitarist, may not be a good classical player etc. So a great power rocker whose technique is excellent for that might not be good at a sensitive lead piece where tonal quality is needed and again vice versa. It is subjective to a point.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Technical ability is more provable but a great flamingo guitarist, may not be a good classical player etc. So a great power rocker whose technique is excellent for that might not be good at a sensitive lead piece where tonal quality is needed and again vice versa. It is subjective to a point.

Hahahaha.

'Flamingo'. I have to remember that one.

Alpha Centauri
I will not shut up. Maiden fans love them for their music and everything they stand for...you on the other hand like to compare everyone with everyone else...for that you are no more then an arrogant little child...probably living delusional fantasies behind their cyber screen.

Yes, and what did I say? If you love them for their music, that's fine. Cool. YOU said they have the TALENT to back up their reputation, which they do not as I suggested.

Now you shut up, music fans 'real' music fans come across people like you all the time and each time dismiss them as 'party poopers' with no real validation but to p*** on peoples enjoyment.

I have the ability to stop your enjoyment? Wow, thanks. Although, if we (you) stop being a drama queen then you would quite clearly see that I said it's fine. If you think they produce the greatest music ever, I disagree, but that's fine. Nothing I can do about that. Music is subjective, ability isn't. Comprende? Good.

BTW my suggestion wasn't a violent one, it was merely a test to see if you believed in that opinion you cradle so hard, you'd put it to a cause that would back it up...but obviously not.

I do, I'm doing so now. Would I do so against a Maiden fan would would harm me just because he doesn't like what he's hearing? No and I await your explaination on why this is a bad thing.

If I tell a Maiden fan that Bruce isn't as good vocalist as Jeff, technically, and he denies it then starts beating me up. What's the point in that? I'm right, he's wrong, but he'd be getting upset because I disagree. You're the one who called ME a party pooper for downplaying people's enjoyment, only to back people who would more than likely fight someone for having a different opinion that overrides their own.

I was going to say your logic is flawed, but to have flawed logic is to have logic anyway.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Hahahaha.

'Flamingo'. I have to remember that one.

smile thank you

Alpha Centauri

To add to VVD's post: Hahahahahaha.

Secondly, there you go. Technique is being proven right before your eyes, why deny it? It's possible to be technically better in certain areas than other technical wizards, it doesn't mean actual technique is deniable.

-AC

wicker_man
Yes, and what did I say? If you love them for their music, that's fine. Cool. YOU said they have the TALENT to back up their reputation, which they do not as I suggested.

I have the ability to stop your enjoyment? Wow, thanks. Although, if we (you) stop being a drama queen then you would quite clearly see that I said it's fine. If you think they produce the greatest music ever, I disagree, but that's fine. Nothing I can do about that. Music is subjective, ability isn't. Comprende? Good.

I do, I'm doing so now. Would I do so against a Maiden fan would would harm me just because he doesn't like what he's hearing? No and I await your explaination on why this is a bad thing.

If I tell a Maiden fan that Bruce isn't as good vocalist as Jeff, technically, and he denies it then starts beating me up. What's the point in that? I'm right, he's wrong, but he'd be getting upset because I disagree. You're the one who called ME a party pooper for downplaying people's enjoyment, only to back people who would more than likely fight someone for having a different opinion that overrides their own.

I was going to say your logic is flawed, but to have flawed logic is to have logic anyway.

-AC

You need to get laid...really badly, then maybe you'd take a look on life that doesn't reek of an arrogant know-it-all despised by all.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha, too funny. You tried though, congrats.

-AC

wicker_man
Hahahaha, too funny. You tried though, congrats.

-AC

Oh no...your lost for words!!! Whats the matter facing a matter that doesn't come straight out of a College synopsis???

Alpha Centauri
When you can come up with a reply to my last post that doesn't conform to "I'm Getting Whooped in An Internet Discussion 101" then I'll find words to suit and maybe indulge you a little further.

Until then, you're not worthy.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
Come on guys leave the forum insult dictionary at home. I belong to that forum to it's only funny there.

Alpha Centauri
Whirly, who would you add or remove from the above list then?

-AC

wicker_man
When you can come up with a reply to my last post that doesn't conform to "I'm Getting Whooped in An Internet Discussion 101" then I'll find words to suit and maybe indulge you a little further.

Until then, you're not worthy.

-AC

Whats the use of arguing with someone whose more difficult to get through to then a brick wall. If I'm not worthy then don't bother replying to anymore of my posts - you can do that can't you, or is my ideals of the little snot-nosed kid that i hold so dear to me of you just that. I've come across people like you before - sadly thats covered in chapter 1 of 'Internet Discussion 101'. So until then i suggest we do not cross paths again and maybe these other folk can enjoy their posts...in peace.

Sir Whirlysplat
ZZ top have to go really, they are most of the time a blues band, although some of there records toy with heavy metal. I hate all of them on that list except ACDC, Metallica and for amusement some Iron Maiden from my youth.

I would add Motorhead, UFO, Rainbow, Van Halen, (ACDC used to be a blues band) Deep Purple, Sabbath (although much of their stuff is repetitive and simplistic they have a few gems).

wicker_man
ZZ top have to go really, they are most of the time a blues band, although some of there records toy with heavy metal. I hate all of them on that lis except ACDC, Metallica and for amusement some Iron Maiden from my youth.

I would add Motorhead, UFO, Rainbow, Van Halen, (ACDC used to be a blues band) Deep Purple, Sabbath (although much of their stuff is repetitive and simplistic they have a few gems).

Sweet list.

Sir Whirlysplat
Sweet list.

thanks mate.

BlackSunshine
Pantera...which IS on the list BUT i really like

v
v
v
v
v

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.