Jim carrey as the joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lino111
at the time when jim played riddler he couldnt play serious roles. but now he also played in dramas. maybe we should think about that.

Lord Magnus
no

atharpina
Oh God no.

roughrider
To be honest, when Carrey plays a wacko, he's also cuddly. He wants us to like him. Joker is such a psycho that he does despicable things, but he's not an amusing clown like The Riddler. You need someone who isn't concerned about being hated onscreen.

Knightfall93
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'd rather have Jack Balck than that imbecile! Well... maybe not

Silverstein
id laugh at Jack Black before id laugh at jim carey nowadays...

NoFate007
Riddler's not even a comedic guy really, and he made him too over the top. I don't think JC would be able to tone himself down for The Joker and actually, like someone stated above, create a character that we think is so vile and evil that we can see him being Batman's greatest foe. Carrey would be fooling around too much and trying to throw in his type of humor "joygasm!!" which wouldn't fit for Joker.

WrathfulDwarf
Nope, Carry blows....yes....he does.

Knightfall93
Jac Black's 10 times funnier than that wacko. Just watching him in "Ace Ventura" or "BF" or whatever makes you know he's TOO OVERB THE TOP FOR JOKER... LOL, it seems impossible but he is!

jenzie
i was actually thinking about this earlier in the day, and wondering if the four batman films HADN'T been filmed ..... would he actually play the joker?

then i thought no .....

WrathfulDwarf
Jack Black may have the smile but I can't picture him as Joker.

Knightfall93
Noone wants him as Joker, we're just saying hes an awesome comedian, besides he's too lardy!

SpyCspider
holy crap, Knightfall..u posted in every topic on this forum

again, u amaze me cool

And after reading what u guys said bout Joker being vile and not goofy, I dont' think Carrey can pull of Joker either.

Knightfall93
I get bored so I post a lot of crap. Who's a good Joker? Paul Battany? Willem Dafoe?

Mr Parker
I always said after seeing batman forever,that carrey and nicholson were miscast in their roles.Nicholson had the wrong physical build for joker and would have been more suited as Riddler where Carrey would have just been amazing as Joker.they should have switched the roles around.But now I would not want Carrey as Joker,dont want to have a reminder of those travesty burton/schumacher movies.

Silverstein
haha, if we want a Joker that resembles Nicholson, Jack Black would be fine lol. I'm not saying Jack Black SHOULD be the joker, im just saying he'd be better than jim carey

Mindship
jim carey shoulda played (dick york's) darrin in the movie Bewitched

Knightfall93
Jim Carrey pisses me off BIG TIME. Jack Black is awesome though,, but not a Joker, Willem Dafoe would kick ass if he was a bit younger and not scared of being type- cast

atharpina
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Jim Carrey pisses me off BIG TIME. Jack Black is awesome though,, but not a Joker, Willem Dafoe would kick ass if he was a bit younger and not scared of being type- cast

Yeah but he was already the Green Goblin in both Spiderman movies(or at least in Harry's psycho dreams) and chances are he'll appear again for the third. I think his giggling villain days are just about over.

Knightfall93
Such a shame, such a shame...

lynch lad
jim shuoldn t play the joker

woody82
I would rather have Jim than Justin Timberlake playing the role. THough maybe one guy who could do it kinda has the look of a crazy man, not sure on his acting skills Chiko off x-factor... big grin

Lord Shadow Z
Jim Carrey has the potential to do a good Joker but the problem is he can't control himself and it seems he has to do everything over-the-top.

NoFate007
I think we all pretty much think the same thing. He'd be over the top and ruin the character, despite his other successes. And I think we'd all agree that he'd be better than Adam Sandler haha. Billy Madison is awesome but I wouldn't want The Joker going "zabadoo!"

Knightfall93
LOL... so who SHOULD play Joker?

roughrider
The downside of Cillian Murphy playing the Scarecrow, is now he can't be the Joker. He would be great, with that creepy smile.
Christopher Nolan does like British actors in his films. Maybe Jude Law, or Guy Pearce.

atharpina
Haha the Joker can't be British. That'd be crazy.

atharpina
Of course I guess Scarecrow was Irish...so I'll take that last post back.

Knightfall93
I think Joker is definitely a yank...

NoFate007
Casting for Joker, I'd pick one of the following:

Adrien Brody, Mark Hamill (of course with a wig and lots of makeup and whatnot), Sam Rockwell, maybe Edward Norton, POSSIBLY Jude Law, and I don't know anything about Lachy Chulme but he might be good.

I definitely don't want to see Paul Bettany though, he never struck me as Joker-material.

Guy Pearce I would rather see as Two-Face/Harvey Dent

Silverstein
i dont like sam rockwell. he was stupid in the hitch hikers guide, very annoying. Lachy Hulme looks like the joker, i only saw him in Croc Hunter collision course and in the Matrix somewhere. I havent seen him in any other roles than the quiet cool guy.

Knightfall93
If only... Willem Dafoe, the king of evil grins!

Silverstein
willem dafoe specializes in playing villains...ya, but I would like to have the Joker resemble the animated series Joker, will the long anglular face, etc

roughrider
Last film, we had British guys playing Bruce Wayne, Thomas Wayne, James Gordon, Carmine Falcone - Joker doesn't have to be played by an American, or Canadian.

Silverstein
Originally posted by roughrider
Last film, we had British guys playing Bruce Wayne, Thomas Wayne, James Gordon, Carmine Falcone - Joker doesn't have to be played by an American, or Canadian.

sometimes they let their accents slip though eh. Like when thomas wayne says "...so we built a cheap public transportation..." when he says transportation you can really hear the english accent. but i wouldnt have notice unless i knew they were british or whatever...

Knightfall93
I didnt notice because i'm English...

Knightfall93
gary Oldman was awesome... was ot really him or Jim Gordon having just stepped out of te pages of Year ONe?

atharpina
Originally posted by Silverstein
sometimes they let their accents slip though eh. Like when thomas wayne says "...so we built a cheap public transportation..." when he says transportation you can really hear the english accent. but i wouldnt have notice unless i knew they were british or whatever...

That reminds me of Batman Forever when they're all at that Nygma business party thing. Bruce shows up and that girl with Riddler says, "How come you don't look so good in that suit?" and Jim Carrey has the weirdest little British accent as he says " Oh Shut up."

Well, back to the topic. Jim Carrey can't even pull of being American apparently. Let's leave the Joker to a "more interested man".

Knightfall93
jim carrey is a god dam w**ker

willRules
Originally posted by Knightfall93
I didnt notice because i'm English...

me too yes

Knightfall93
Wow, someone else here is English

Silverstein
Originally posted by atharpina
apparently. Let's leave the Joker to a "more interested man".

big grin hahahaa very nice lol laughing

Knightfall93
I say Joker HAS to be about Bruce's age...

lino111
The joker has to be older than batman

atharpina
Joker should be older than Batman, but not like in the 89 movie. He should just have a good few years on ole Brucie

Knightfall93
I reckpon similar age would help for the chemistry between 'em

Knightfall93
Then again, Bale's pretty young...

El_NINO
you cant mix the old films with the new ones, leave the past where it is dont mix old cast with new. Besides some of the old films were not that good compared to BB

Knightfall93
El Nino, you're a bit behind on previous discussions... theres at least 2 trecent discussions about Burton being SHIT and Nolan being a GENIUS

NoFate007
I say Joker should be like 3 years older than Batman. 10 would be too much, 5 would be ok. He shouldn't be like 20 like in '89 though.

Ast
I wish Mark Hammil looked the part, but he doesnt. sad He is already familiar with the character.

Knightfall93
He's old... how old is Bale though? Joker should be 30- ish

atharpina
I think Bale himself is actually kind of oldish. Like 30-something. He looks really young though.

Knightfall93
he looks 25! Dammit... maybe he cant do another 15 years of films then! SHIT, there goes my dream, a 50 year old Batman would be shit, but better than balding Fatty Keeton and GREY HAIRED George "Me, Chris, Arnie and the guys ruinedthe Batman franchise in 1 film" Clooney!

Tekno Boy
How dare you people hate on Jim Carrey like that. He is a fantastic actor. I loved him in Ace Ventura, Bruce Almighty and Man on the Moon. I agree he shouldn't play the Joker, but that's still no reason to disrespect one of the best actor on this planet. Show some respect for him, please. Someone back me up on this.

Knightfall93
we didnt say we hate him. People are saying they hated him as that gimpy ginger haired eejit they called Riddler. He was good in Bruce Almighty but he really really pisses me off! He's not 1 of the greatest actors on the planet, he's a little prankster dick. He's just stupid!

lino111
You are stupid. everything you can is critisize. if you know who batman is and who riddler or joker is than play. it is very easy to critisize, but it is not easy to really play a role. SOME RESPECT to CARREY!

Knightfall93
carrey's a stupid little gay ass gimp as Riddler!

Knightfall93
As for TLJ...

lino111
you are nobody. think u soo cool. then play the joker. ruin the movie. go on. do it!

Knightfall93
I'd be better than Jim carrey.... but why are yoi so screamy? You his boy friend or something?

lino111
better that than a git. carrey can play many roles, but he couldnt the role of a turd-you!

Knightfall93
Why so stressed? dude, I havent been insulting YOU but now I'll just report you and move on

lino111
post removed

Paola
no name calling, please

Paola
lino, quit it

Knightfall93
thanks, Paola

Paola
my pleasure.

But just out of curiosity, what kind of answer did you expect with "but why are yoi so screamy? You his boy friend or something?" dontknow

lino111
hahahahahahahahahahahaha laughing

Knightfall93
LMAO too

redcaped
I saw the voting..you stink!

Knightfall93
You WANT Carrey?

coolmovies
Jim Carry yes and yes again but he already played the Riddler which is a shame

woody82
UNsure, as well its already decided for one, sure he's crazy but the riddler he played was not really that good. Good actor and would rather have him than the brokeback mountain coqwboy Ledger.

coolmovies
abit off topic but i would like to see the batwing again

Silverstein
jim carey LMAO, if we want to see the same old jim carey jokes over and over suuuure why not....LOL

Altar[1stONE]
He sorta has that joker face and smile, and hell why not...a joker laugh. But he plays his "spaztic over the top , queer boy" self in every movie he makes. From Living color to what ever crap hes made now adays, you turn your head the other way and you can hear ace ventura.

Mr Parker
If this poll was being taken back in 89 I would have voted yes.I always thought that Jim Carrey since he has the right physical build and has the comic flair for the joker,that they had the right ideas for the actors in mind for the roles of the joker and the riddler back then,they just needed to turn them around back then and have Jim Carrey play The Joker back in 89 and Jack Nicholson to play the Riddler in Batman Forever. But now? No I got to vote no.

Praylu
Had he not have already played Riddler perhaps....

Mr Parker
Yeah I agree, if he hadnt already played The Riddler I would have voted Yes.

bakerboy
Jim would be a great joker, but now there are a perfect joker, Heart Ledger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.