It's not easy being christian or even other

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
Everyone hates you eek! everyone says god is fake and you are dumb eek! people will even go out of there way and disrespect on what you believe in right in front of you. Ex: say you believe in mary the mother of god, then some one knowing this will shave the nerve to say mary is a little B*tch/**** and is not real or something along those lines and this is knowing you believe in it. What disrespect, it happens to christians the most believe it or not. Also when they say God is not real they say curse words in front of you like f God and go see, he did not strike me down and made you look like an idiot sinse he didn't respond to my actions to defend you.

this is in general. For my personal believes are that i do believe in something higher(God) and even though i agree with some things of the bible it is really to narrow and I think beyond the bible. Over the years the bible has been flawed by people so noteverything is right(a decent amount is but not everything).

Discuss if you see this happen. Please do not flame just discuss the topic and if this happened to you because of your believes, then please share. thank you.

leonheartmm
for once, i feal sorry for u, if u lived in an orthodoxed state the tables wud be turned on u though, hd be the one makin the life of non believers miserable.

Cyber Ninja
Another things is that I am not a preacher. i could give a damn if some one worship cat god. i won't disrepect them though and i only speak about my believes in places where religion is the topic or when some one is an aarea brings up religion. I don't go around trying to convert people and respect there believes to not to believe.

Shakyamunison

Cyber Ninja

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
This is why i said or even other in the title. eek!

Edit: saying this, do you agree that it is disrespectful like ex you believe in cat gods but then some one says F the cat gods they poop in boxes. Right thats wrong ?

Yes it is disrespectful. However, complaining will not help. We have to live our lives the way our faith guilds us. Hopefully actions speak louder then words. What you have to do to combat this is to show compassion and leave these people alone.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Yes it is disrespectful. However, complaining will not help. We have to live our lives the way our faith guilds us. Hopefully actions speak louder then words. What you have to do to combat this is to show compassion and leave these people alone. I only complain in religion forums since you have to discuss evil face

I once thought all religions are connected at the base but then people messed it up into there own. I looked in religion and others and seen the basics are well the same. Of course my religion says if i believe this it is some sick sin. Also that if you are good and everything but don't believe in god(most good and kind person in the wolrd and never do what we call a sin) then they will go to hell face first. i think thats unfair though since God can not expect everyone to believe in him since they were not at thetime to see things for themselves and how society corrupts everything.
ex: a boy gets lost in the jungle as a baby...wolves raise him so he is a wild man when he is older but his parents found him an when the kid pees on the christmas tree and barks they say it's wrong....I say it is not his fault since thats the way he has been raised.

Gregory
This would be the "everyone" who isn't part of the 76.5% majority, correct? The "everyone" who doesn't control all three branches of the American government?

As far as being "disrespectful" ... if people are being disrespectful towards Christians, it's hardly unprovoked. It's because of Christians that gays aren't allowed to marry their loves, because of Christians that terminally ill people are forced to linger on in horrible agony, because of Christians that vital medical research is being roadblocked, because of Christians that well-founded scientific beliefs ar ebeing thrown out of our science classrooms to make way for thinly disguised creationism. Now you, personally, might not support any of this--I assume that you don't, in fat, based on the "preacher" comment--but Christianity as a whole can only stomp on people for so long before the lose the right to be surprised when people start to hit back. And I'm afraid they crossed that line long ago.

(Personally, I'll only comment on someone's religion if, 1) they're trying to foce their beliefs on me or, 2) they start the discussion. But it's not hard for me to understand why some people might be disrespectful towards Christians.)

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Gregory
This would be the "everyone" who isn't part of the 76.5% majority, correct? The "everyone" who doesn't control all three branches of the American government?

As far as being "disrespectful" ... if people are being disrespectful towards Christians, it's hardly unprovoked. It's because of Christians that gays aren't allowed to marry their loves, because of Christians that terminally ill people are forced to linger on in horrible agony, because of Christians that vital medical research is being roadblocked, because of Christians that well-founded scientific beliefs ar ebeing thrown out of our science classrooms to make way for thinly disguised creationism. Now you, personally, might not support any of this--I assume that you don't, in fat, based on the "preacher" comment--but Christianity as a whole can only stomp on people for so long before the lose the right to be surprised when people start to hit back. And I'm afraid they crossed that line long ago.

(Personally, I'll only comment on someone's religion if, 1) they're trying to foce their beliefs on me or, 2) they start the discussion. But it's not hard for me to understand why some people might be disrespectful towards Christians.)

Again that i said OTHER in the title as well but used christian as an example because thats what I use as a guideline. Do I care if you are gay and that you want to get married to another man greg ? NO thats your buisness but I would not follow on what you do.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Gregory

I agree to a degree. However, being disrespectful does not do any good. Christians tend to have a persecution complex and if you are rude to them, it only reinforces the idea that they must be right because Satan is trying to stop them.

Cyber Ninja
I agree to a degree. However, being disrespectful does not do any good. Christians tend to have a persecution complex and if you are rude to them, it only reinforces the idea that they must be right because Satan is trying to stop them. laughing out loud

i hate christian stereotypes no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
laughing out loud

i hate christian stereotypes no expression

I am sorry, that is way I said "tend". There are some Christians who are more enlightened then others. However, these people would not fall into this trap.

Cyber Ninja
I am sorry, that is way I said "tend". There are some Christians who are more enlightened then others. However, these people would not fall into this trap. shifty

Storm
I believe atheists have to battle more against the negative stereotypes and misconceptions that many people hold about them.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Storm
I believe atheists have to battle more against the negative stereotypes and misconceptions that many people hold about them. They do but doesn't make them right to do it back and assume all christian are like that so it's ok.

whaat are you storm ? mad

Storm
You are making judgements based on a label instead of on individuals' actions.

Cyber Ninja
You are making judgements based on a label instead of on individuals' actions. yes not really since i don't know you in person so must ask on what you believe since it's a religion forum. happy

Storm
Yes really.

I' m an agnostic.

Cyber Ninja
Yes really.

sad

Shakyamunison
Yes really.

I' m an agnostic.

Oh come on, tell us. laughing jk

Cyber Ninja
Can you close this thread please storm.

I hate all christians now mad

Storm
Your wish is my command.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.