First Ever Detention!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanieLs_4_Ever
This morning I was issued my first ever detention and I was HYSTERICAL! I am in 11th grade and I have never yet, not once gotten a detention, why did it have to be now? I got in trouble for PDA, it's a long story. But I'm here for a while so I'll try to make it short.
--
I was sitting outside of school on the bench with Daniel and we were sitting right beside each other, not like smashing each others faces to one another, but considerably close. My friend Cody was on the other side of the bench talking to us and the Handicapped buses come up to let the kids off at the front of the school, so Cody for some funny reason sits down on Daniel's lap and one of the Bus Drivers came into the school (or called into the school) and said that There were two people so close to sucking the life out of each other and blah blah, and since they're bus drivers they don't know names so the principal automatically thinks that it's me and Daniel. Right before the Principle walks out Cody gets up because he's in ROTC and has to salute the American Flag, so then she walks out and tells us to follow her to the office. When it was all over with I was bawling. A detention is nothing to get hysterical over, but if you knew my parents then you'd know why. Im STILL mad!
Can any of you remember YOUR first detentions and what they were for?

*lizziekk*
i have never had a detention..........

KENobi™
1st and only detention was in 10th grade for being late getting to class 3 times in a short period of time.

Lord Magnus
I know a kid who has never gotten so much as his name on the board for his life... Not like a nerd either just a genuinely cool kid... owes 2 detentions now cause of our psychotic band teacher. And now she's saying if you've ever gotten a detention you can't go on the Six Flags band trip.

Bardock42
I had a few times....hmm liike probably five times in 13 years.

Fiann@
Originally posted by Fiann@
But why would anyone care? confused

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Bardock42
I had a few times....hmm liike probably five times in 13 years.
edit: Wait I read that wrong.

Bardock42

Storm
My first and at the same time last detention.

Not far from the school entrance, one of our friends was hit by a car and ended up in hospital. We wanted to visit him after the school hours. Unfortunately we needed the principal' s permission because some people of our gang were boarding students.
We didn' t get the permission for some reason, but still went. After she found out, she gave us 2 hours detention.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever

first: in elementary school for fighting

last: junior year in high school for flashing gang signs and wearing a red bandana.

Lord Magnus
Well, worthy cause there.

DanieLs_4_Ever

Lana
Never had one stick out tongue

ladygrim
i was always given detention then again for not going to it ....they never learned

Spartan005
My first detention was 2 years ago.... I took my friends snapple as a joke and the stupid 80 year-old lunch lady went insane! So me and my friend both got Dean's detention. sad

But now in High School we're allowed to go outside for lunch cool

Bloigen
We didn't really have detention. What happened was if someone was misbehaving or what not they were moved to another class. And sat at the back. Simple but effective.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bloigen
We didn't really have detention. What happened was if someone was misbehaving or what not they were moved to another class. And sat at the back. Simple but effective.
Yeah we didn't either at first. When someone did something wrong they just got a nice punch to the nose...that taught us...

a1hsauce
i remember my first detention....it was horrible!....it kind of all spiraled downhill from there erm one detetion right after the other no

BackFire
In middle school I went to detention twice, once for getting into a fight (my only one ever) which was all day detention, it was surprisingly awesome. Another time for screwing around in shop class.

In high school I had to go a few times. Once for talking in drafting class after the teacher had gotten pissed off, some kid asked me if I had an eraser, I said "yes" and the teacher got pissed and sent us both to detention. Another time was in PE, when we had to run the laps before we played our sports. We always had to do it within 12 minutes "or else we'd get sent to detention". However, the normal teachers never really cared, they just used it to try and get people done around that time. Coming in a minute or so later didn't make a difference. This day, we had a sub and I guess he was a stickler for the rules, a few friends and I came in like 20 seconds late, and all got sent to detention. Another time was because I was late 3 times to my math class. I think there were a couple others, but I can't remember why.

A friend of mine went to detention constantly, he ended up getting dropped from a class and had to go to detention every 4th period all year.

Detention really isn't bad. It was nicer then most of my classes. Got to just sit there and relax, didn't have to read or do anything.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Lana
Never had one stick out tongue
schmoll Me neither, until today! smile
Originally posted by a1hsauce
i remember my first detention....it was horrible!....it kind of all spiraled downhill from there erm one detetion right after the other no
Lol, that's usually how it goes. Hopefully I'm not issued any more..I'll die.
Originally posted by BackFire
In middle school I went to detention twice, once for getting into a fight (my only one ever) which was all day detention, it was surprisingly awesome. Another time for screwing around in shop class.

In high school I had to go a few times. Once for talking in drafting class after the teacher had gotten pissed off, some kid asked me if I had an eraser, I said "yes" and the teacher got pissed and sent us both to detention. Another time was in PE, when we had to run the laps before we played our sports. We always had to do it within 12 minutes "or else we'd get sent to detention". However, the normal teachers never really cared, they just used it to try and get people done around that time. Coming in a minute or so later didn't make a difference. This day, we had a sub and I guess he was a stickler for the rules, a few friends and I came in like 20 seconds late, and all got sent to detention. Another time was because I was late 3 times to my math class. I think there were a couple others, but I can't remember why.

A friend of mine went to detention constantly, he ended up getting dropped from a class and had to go to detention every 4th period all year.

Detention really isn't bad. It was nicer then most of my classes. Got to just sit there and relax, didn't have to read or do anything.
Wow, you're bad! (Just Kidding). That PE detention was pretty ridiculous, I have to say.
I've never heard of 4th period detention! I'd enjoy that, My 4th period is English 3 *Snores* We're reading a boring story.

Commando Queen
I havent had one .. yet

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Commando Queen
I havent had one .. yet
Thank your lucky stars.

BackFire
You know, high school/middle school demonize detention so much. Like if you get too many you won't be able to make anything out of your life, and you'll be living in a gym until you resort to prostitution and have to die of AIDS. In truth, it doesn't matter. No one gives a shit how many detentions you got.

Commando Queen
Thank your lucky stars.
Meh detention here is really funny tho.. they keep you for.. like what.. a half an hour.. dont check on you at all so you can goof off .. or so i'v heard

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by BackFire
You know, high school/middle school demonize detention so much. Like if you get too many you won't be able to make anything out of your life, and you'll be living in a gym until you resort to prostitution and have to die of AIDS. In truth, it doesn't matter. No one gives a shit how many detentions you got.
Yeah. Typically it's a miracle if any of my friends go a week without one! The stupid thing is, if you get 3 or more in a short amount of time then you automatically get A-School (I dont know if they have that where everyone else is, it's just a more dumb form of punishment that you're assigned and just go to a different more restricted place and do your work. You have NO communication with your friends. You must go to and from this place before and after school. They add on days if you're caught inside the school.)

rickyduck
bout 9 detentions this year for me sad

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by rickyduck
bout 9 detentions this year for me sad
Sinner! Just kidding. What the hell all did you do? That's a lot of detentions.

H. S. 6
Sinner! Just kidding. What the hell all did you do? That's a lot of detentions.

I thought your friends got one every week... confused

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I thought your friends got one every week... confused
Yeah, but he's over the internet. And might I add I said "Just Kidding" smile I just want to know what causes him to get those 9 detentions.

H. S. 6
Yeah, but he's over the internet. And might I add I said "Just Kidding" smile I just want to know what causes him to get those 9 detentions.

Oh...

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

last: junior year in high school for flashing gang signs and wearing a red bandana.

laughing out loud

Vinny Valentine
God, two years ago I got at least 40 detentions in the same school year. since then I've been a good boy angel .......I got into fights over stupiid things, most about sports stick out tongue

Deathblow
I used to get detentions almost on a daily basis. There was the occasional fighting or vandalism incident that all hormone-ravaged teenage boys partake in at some point, but mainly it was because my teachers used to find me incredibly annoying. I'd start conversations with them about politics, philosophy or whatever they had strong feelings about, and just challenge and flat-out disagree with everything they said or believed in, even though I'd have absolutely no way of explaining why. Dumb ignorance rules.

rickyduck
roll eyes (sarcastic)

shaber
Once when I was twelve, but it was work related. Three times when I was fifteen.

powerfulone1987
Suck it up.

I received 2 ISS's. (Inner School Suspension).

And that was very uncharacterisic of me. Me along with many others were very shocked.

is it comprehensible.....

tabby999
i've had 3 when i was in high school, one for punching a guy in the head...and the other two i dont remember. maybe swearing, i'm not sure

Dana Efron
blink never had a detention before

Ladyluck
I've gotten so many detentions I couldn't even begin to count them. I've also been suspended a few times.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Suck it up.

I received 2 ISS's. (Inner School Suspension).

And that was very uncharacterisic of me. Me along with many others were very shocked.

is it comprehensible..... Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
God, two years ago I got at least 40 detentions in the same school year. since then I've been a good boy angel .......I got into fights over stupiid things, most about sports stick out tongue

rickyduck
schools crap anyways

Himo
I feel evil compared to you guys. I got a dentention almost every day since my principal hated me.

shaber
five impositions in a term meant being detained on a Saturday.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by shaber
Shitty.

We never get weekend detentions. Only after school or at lunch.

shaber
I think the idea was that it would make the normal impositions more of a deterrent ie it was taboo to get alot in a short space of time.

§cooter
1st Detention... for calling my teacher "Mr. Fast" "Mr. ****".

DarkC
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Shitty.

We never get weekend detentions. Only after school or at lunch.
Same. Joys of living in Canada, eh.
Originally posted by shaber
Detentions on a weekend? Unthinkable!

DanieLs_4_Ever
Yeah they won't issue detentions on Fridays or weekends around here, thankfully. Otherwise there'd be some VERY pissed students here at NCHS.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

no expression Wow

matthew360360
I just got detention today for letting people cheat off me in keyboarding. I'm not worried about the actual detention, I just need to find an excuse for the parents. big grin

Barker
Originally posted by matthew360360
I just got detention today for letting people cheat off me in keyboarding. I'm not worried about the actual detention, I just need to find an excuse for the parents. big grin

Thoren
haermm

dadudemon
Originally posted by matthew360360

How can people cheat off of you in keyboarding?

And what do you define keyboarding as?

I'm sincere in my quest for you answers, btw. I'm not being a jerk like some other members are being.

Welcome to KMC. big grin

you get thorns
I can't remember any detentions but my last day in public school did involve violence and an agreement between me and the school for me not to return and them not to come looking for me.

Mr. Rhythmic
So proud.

XvampbenjiiX666
first time: 3rd grade for fighting

Kelly_Bean
This morning I was issued my first ever detention and I was HYSTERICAL! I am in 11th grade and I have never yet, not once gotten a detention, why did it have to be now? I got in trouble for PDA, it's a long story. But I'm here for a while so I'll try to make it short.
--
I was sitting outside of school on the bench with Daniel and we were sitting right beside each other, not like smashing each others faces to one another, but considerably close. My friend Cody was on the other side of the bench talking to us and the Handicapped buses come up to let the kids off at the front of the school, so Cody for some funny reason sits down on Daniel's lap and one of the Bus Drivers came into the school (or called into the school) and said that There were two people so close to sucking the life out of each other and blah blah, and since they're bus drivers they don't know names so the principal automatically thinks that it's me and Daniel. Right before the Principle walks out Cody gets up because he's in ROTC and has to salute the American Flag, so then she walks out and tells us to follow her to the office. When it was all over with I was bawling. A detention is nothing to get hysterical over, but if you knew my parents then you'd know why. Im STILL mad!
lol I actually don't really remember this! lol
Hell, I got more after that one..
I even got In-School Suspension for using proxies and getting onto Myspace (when it was "it."wink

you get thorns
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
So proud.

I assume that was directed at me.

Yeah, knowing the circumstances it was the right thing to do and I feel pretty good about it.

I'd do it again 5 times over.

I didn't mention my current education level. You might be surprised. No I'll pass on filling you in. You seem too smart to learn.

RogerRamjet
just realised this thread is like over 5 years old...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.