Awww, geez.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marcus4600
Read this article. I think I found out why Marvel Knights Spider Man has been a little sub-par.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Knights_Spider-Man

Evidently is was originally supposed to be written by Kevin Smith. I guess Mark Millar was the first of the Ultimates writers to be in the 616 continuity. No wonder it's been a little loopy, eh?

chucktaylor
Um, yeah, couldn't you have posted this in a similar topic? erm

Marcus4600
There wasn't one that I was aware of.

chucktaylor
Alrighty, just making sure dude. smile

Darth Jello
um, i like kevin smith n all but if he was writing MK spiderman, we'd get a new issue every six years.

Marcus4600
^^^ If he'd stop witht the Jay and Silent Bob movies for a year or so that wouldn't be a problem. He's working on a sequel to Clerks.

DBZ MAN
Kevin Smith's spider-man/black cat was a trial from marvel so he could Write Amazing Spider-Man. He later turned down the offer after given a chance.

Darth Jello
he's still writing Daredevil/Bullseye:The Target The first issue came out in late '03 and the next one still hasn't come out.

Marcus4600
He's a busy guy, and in high demand. He'd be a perfect Spidey writer, mostly because he doesn't have a villain bias. Those are the best.

Spideys Sister
But still, changing writers...I know that's bad I write and each writer has their own vision to how storys should go.

Marcus4600
Well, the beauty of Kevin Smith is that he knows the history of 95% of Marvel Comics, and doesn't have any bias toward any one villain or hero, even though he likes to write Daredevil. I just wish that Marvel could go back to the amazing writers like Smith, McFarlane (a snowballs chance in hell), and Frank Miller. Spidey would have some better comics that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.