Harry Osborn: Friend or Foe? Find out here!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOnes2
Source: IESB (http://iesb.net/sony2006/020106.php)
Amazing Spiderman 3 Spoilers! James Franco Friend or Foe?
Author: Robert Sanchez
Spiderman 3 plot points have been kept well under wraps. Kirsten Dunst spilling the beans about which villains would appear at the Elizabethtown junket is perhaps the most concrete information we have.

Recently, a post regarding a website run by Matthew Mungle was brought under scrutiny. It reads - Designed and created the make-up concept and appliances for James Franco in "Spiderman 3" to be applied by Luisa Abel.

This together with Harry finding his father's Green Goblin lair at the end of Spiderman 2 begs the question, will Harry be the third villain, perhaps the Hobgoblin in Spidey 3?

You can always count on the IESB to go digging for answers and something has come up. First let's take the history of Harry Osborn. Here is a brief rundown of his life after his father Norman died:

Not much was seen of the second Green Goblin but has been both a foe and ally of Spider-Man over the years as well as an ally of the Molten Man and others...Harry went on to have a son, Normy, named after his father with his wife Liz Allen Osborn. A memorable battle Occurred in Amazing Spider-Man #312 where he went head to head with the goblin-like Hobgoblin.

In Spectacular Spider-Man #200 Harry died from a new Goblin formula being too toxic and destroyed him from within, but right before he died, Harry went back into an exploding building & saved Peter...When asked why he did it, Harry's last words were "You're my best friend".

So again, where does this leave Harry in Spiderman 3 the Hollywood movie version?

Here's what we have been sent, mind you, this a VERY reliable source, no grain of salt needed: (CAUTION Spoilers ahead)

Rob, all the assumptions that Harry Osborn is the third villain the Hobgoblin are all wrong. Spiderman finds himself out numbered in this one. When everything seems to be at its worst for our hero, he finds himself an unlikely ally, Harry Osborn. Peter Parker's best friend will come to his aide.

Okay so let's look at this. Harry will come to Spidey's rescue? Did he finally realize his father was a kook? Apparently so. Here's more...

We will see Harry battling his inner demons to make the choice between his father's legacy and his best friend. I will fill you in more later but gotta go, crew call in 10 minutes, Sam doesn't like it when anyones late! Holla, Peace

Hey, but wait, according to the Matthew Mungle website James Franco will have make-up and appliances put on. So will be see Harry as Green Goblin II, Spidey's ally? I guess that remains to be seen!!

Stay tuned to the IESB for further updates!

Doc Ock
Just like the comics.

Harry saved Peter,MJ and his little son in SSM#200.And he died a hero.

I'm glad they're following comic tradition here.

Nice to see they also said this Hobgoblin stuff is BS.Harry was never Hobgoblin.

steverules
He will turn evil in the fourth and be the main villain and then at the end he will die a hero.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by steverules
He will turn evil in the fourth and be the main villain and then at the end he will die a hero.

Highly doubtful.

Harry's number is up in this one I reckon.Raimi isn't going to drag this out any longer.It'll wrap in SM-3.

Count on it.

steverules
But there is proof that there wil be another. There is even a thread on it.

TheOnes2
This is where you miss out. You confuse Proof with speculation. The thread is all about speculation and rumours.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by steverules
But there is proof that there wil be another. There is even a thread on it.

That's not proof.It's speculation.

And even if there is a SM-4,it's not going to drag the Harry Osborn thing for yet another movie.

I amazed you even think this after seeing the ending to SM-2 with Harry.

Not to mention most of the regular actors are finished after SM-3.

Silverstein
some people Ock...they just don't get it

steverules
Can't say there won't be a 4th but I can't say that there will be 4th.

Arahan
This story sounds plausible and possible.

NoFate007
I'd love to see Spider-Man & Green Goblin II vs Sandman & (I'm assuming Venom since they mentioned how Dunst said who the villains are...but then again, none of this - cept Sandman and Spider-Man - are 100% confirmed). If Green Goblin was supposed to be a main villain, I'd have hated it, because that's boring. But if he's not going to be something big, and instead, helping Spider-Man like he should be, I'd love to see that.

TheOnes2
Spider-man and Green Goblin

VS

Sand Man and Venom (50% confirmed)

Its a Tag Team.

Hey could the Lizard be in this one? They had Conners in 2 and he already lost his arm. And the lizard will make spidey more outnumbered

NoFate007
I don't think they'll do Lizard in this one. I think that they'll give him more screentime, possibly to help build up a possible SM-4 role.

Silverstein
will SP4 be a continuity of the Sp1-3 trilogy?? after all, they'll have a new cast and whatnot

NoFate007
I assume it would be tied in to the first 3, but sort of like how Batman Forever did it (hopefully not a terrible writer and director like that though). By that I mean they'd keep as many cast members/crew members as possible, but Maguire, Dunst, Franco wouldn't be in it - they'd be recast.

Silverstein
i think they'd keep people like Connors, Jonah, etc. and yeah, the main actors like tobey dont want to make another trilogy, i think its because he doesnt want to work out anymore

if its a continuity, parker would be like 23 yrs old or something...

NoFate007
I agree, they'll try to keep JJJ and such, maybe even Aunt May.

The 23 thing...I think its one of those things where they'll ignore age, but it won't be like a new series that disregards the first 3. Like, remember how in Batman Forever when Chase throws that nod to Catwoman? That kind of stuff. Supposed to be directly following #3, but with a few different cast/crew members and whatnot.

atharpina
Originally posted by Silverstein
if its a continuity, parker would be like 23 yrs old or something...

In SM2 Auny May says that it'd been 2 years since Uncle Ben died. That'd mean Peter was like 20ish at the time. I think this next one will take place very quickly after the events of SM2 because saying Harry waited like 3 years to do whatever it is he's going to do is incredibly unrealistic. Peter will probably still be about the same age.

Silverstein
hmm SP1 he was like 18-19, SP2 21 or so, ya he might be the same age lol its just i always imagined Peter Parker/Spiderman to be a teenager, i guess thats what i like about the ultimate

Arahan
The age istnt important, i want cool spidey action and jokes, man give the poor guy more jokes.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Just like the comics.

Harry saved Peter,MJ and his little son in SSM#200.And he died a hero.

I'm glad they're following comic tradition here.

Nice to see they also said this Hobgoblin stuff is BS.Harry was never Hobgoblin. Yeah but now Normies picking up where his dad left off in numerous points. Issue #0 and #83 (or whatever.) of Spider-Girl. The hell was the point. I want to see them bring him back. That'd be hilarious.

atharpina
So are you guys saying that you think Harry will start out intending to do bad but end up dying a hero? Or that he'll be good basically the whole way through?

Marcus4600
Who knows. There's too many rumours. My guess is that the second villain is gonna be Venom or Lizard. Either way works for me.

Xirius
I think he'll be plotting against Peter, but when the time comes for action, he'll be a hero and help Spidey

Knightfall93
yeah, how cool would that be? He fights Peter but then Venom and Sandman show and Harry sees Peter's gonna die so he flies in and sacrifices himself to rescue Pete and stop the bad guys

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by atharpina
So are you guys saying that you think Harry will start out intending to do bad but end up dying a hero? Or that he'll be good basically the whole way through? YES! That's the guideline of harry. Hes a villan but a hero.

Knightfall93
errr... sure

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Yeah but now Normies picking up where his dad left off in numerous points. Issue #0 and #83 (or whatever.) of Spider-Girl. The hell was the point. I want to see them bring him back. That'd be hilarious.

Spider-Girl is an alternate universe.Like Ultimate.

It doesn't count.

Knightfall93
Isnt Normie still a really little boy?

redcaped
A pain.

spencerspider
I Guess this means if Spiderman is outnumbered that Venom will be in a final fight thing which kind of sucks but is still cool at the same time...So Sandman and Venom beating the crap out of Spiderman and then Harry comes and saves the day. Sounds good to me.

Knightfall93
Super- Harry- Man!

redcaped
Most likely a supporting character.

Doc Ock
Well he has been a supporting character in the previous two.

Knightfall93
He'ss hardly insignificant! He getsmore screen tuime than the J-Meister, JJJ!!

atharpina
Ugh, all my friends are in love with James Franco.

If Harry becomes the Goblin, do you think James would be able to pull of the laugh? Willem set a standard, I can't see James beating or even meeting it.

Knightfall93
He doesnt need to... Harry was always a BS Gobby!

TheOnes2
they could just dub Willem's laugh over the video

Knightfall93
Indeedy... he could do the Goblin acting... except if Harry takes off the mask, then they just digitally alter him to be the right height!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.