State of the Union Address 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

Mindship
Our society is powered by make-believe.
Here was one of the pinnacles of it, doin' his thing.
So what else is new...

tabby999
i havn't seen the whole thing so i cant say i liked or disliked it as a whole. i did see the "addicted to oil" section, however, which made Bush look even more like a hypocritical fool with horrible double standards.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Mindship
Our society is powered by make-believe.
Here was one of the pinnacles of it, doin' his thing.
So what else is new...

Simon! It was boring and repetitive, homes.

GCG
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Simon! It was boring and repetitive, homes.

THIS is not boring and repetitiive.

http://www.wimp.com/address/

Shakyamunison
I liked it. It's just political theater. roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
Missed it....But then they're all the same.

Capt_Fantastic
This speech was a joke. Plain and simple.

There was not one redeeming quality to what he said. The democratic response was an even bigger joke.

If you ask me, and no one did, this is the perfect time for a third party to come in and start kicking some serious ass. It's clear that neither of the two parties have anything in their play book that is going to benefit the American people, or the world for that matter.

I keep thinking of that scene in Mars Attacks when the martians wipe out Congress and the folk in the retirement home just laugh about it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

There was not one redeeming quality to what he said. The democratic response was an even bigger joke.

If you ask me, and no one did, this is the perfect time for a third party to come in and start kicking some serious ass. It's clear that neither of the two parties have anything in their play book that is going to benefit the American people, or the world for that matter.

I keep thinking of that scene in Mars Attacks when the martians wipe out Congress and the folk in the retirement home just laugh about it.

I liked how the audience took turns (right side then left side) standing up and applauding. eek!

laughing

debbiejo
Whooooooooo a third party would be nice for a change...A big change I hope.

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
Whooooooooo a third party would be nice for a change...A big change I hope.
VOTE FOR FECEMAN.

Koala MeatPie
Guy, you got the wrong Link.

This one has footage.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=15534

Echuu

Unfortunately the Green Party isn't worth a crap either.

Punker69
The best thing about the State of Union adress is watching the Republicans on one side of the room stand up and clap at certain parts while the whole other side of the room (Democrats) sit down quietly and vice-versa.

Mindship
Perhaps it has always been this way, but IMO the sad truth is this: it is simply the nature of the modern political environment that no truly honorable person could make it to the top w/o some deceit and shenanigans along the way.
It's a jungle and you don't become apex predator without teeth, without using them, if only because lesser predators will look to take you down so They can become Top Dog.

XxILuvVegetaxX

I hear ya, Democrats are pussies! They don't do nothing but sit around and let the other party do as they please, not only that, but for the most part they don't even say what they stand for or believe in, theres no goal or anything.

The speech was not at all impressive, I was somewhat suprised about the whole reducing oil dependence! It sorta irritated me too that he didnt spend a lil more time on Katrina though, actually Im pissed w/ congress (Dem or Rep) as a whole, it doesnt really seem to me like theyre doing as much as possible to help these ppl or repair the city. our gov sucks... lol

PVS
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
I was somewhat suprised about the whole reducing oil dependence!

im going to give you 1 million dollars.
you impressed by that? sure i'll never do it, but i said it.

bush addressed the oil dependancy issue with empty promises
in campaign speeches for both 2000 and 2004, and just about every
SOTU address. it means precisely dick.

Ushgarak
Oh, what IS this mystical desire for a third party, as if this would be the white horse that will sweep along and deliver some massive change to American politics?

My word, I wonder at the staggering naivity of some people. There is not a single reasonable poltiical view that you will not find somewhere within either the Democrats or the Republicans, it justr so happens that different factions within are triumphant at different times. There is never any point where you actually need a (hopeless) third party, what you need is a shift in one of those parties or the other.

People just need to get a much MUCH better understanding of politics.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by PVS
im going to give you 1 million dollars.
you impressed by that? sure i'll never do it, but i said it.

bush addressed the oil dependancy issue with empty promises
in campaign speeches for both 2000 and 2004, and just about every
SOTU address. it means precisely dick.

I was being sarcastic ^_^ His plans are just way too unrealistic too me, its a nice thought, but I don't think he plans on doing anything.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oh, what IS this mystical desire for a third party, as if this would be the white horse that will sweep along and deliver some massive change to American politics?

My word, I wonder at the staggering naivity of some people. There is not a single reasonable poltiical view that you will not find somewhere within either the Democrats or the Republicans, it justr so happens that different factions within are triumphant at different times. There is never any point where you actually need a (hopeless) third party, what you need is a shift in one of those parties or the other.

People just need to get a much MUCH better understanding of politics.

It's not naive. A multi party system has to start somewhere, and that is with a third party. Then should come a fourth and then a fifth, etc.

The two current political parties aren't useless because of their differences. They are useless because of their similarities. It isn't a matter of finding any two sides of an opinion in different factions of the two parties, it's a matter of finding a third POV, or a fourth. When there are only two political parties any idea is packaged and sold as a two sided argument, when in reality nothing is that simple. Compromise starts when there are more than two sides.

Also, I've never said a third party was the answer to all of Americas political problems. I have always said it is a start. There's no doubt that corruption will find it's way into any political party, but more diverse corruption could be better for the country. The real answer is to do away with special interest groups and lobbyist organizations. The diversity inside any given political group seems moot to me. If diversity inside a group is supposed to solve the problem, then why not just have one political party?

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
VOTE FOR FECEMAN. Didn't think you were in the running .... wink

Makedde
Bush never has anything of interest to say, so the speech was crap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.