Cool TV Batman idea!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Knightfall93
How about a really dark animated Batman that shows proper dark, scary, savage Batman? Stuff like mr Zsasz withg a real, dark atmosphere... anyone?

SpyCspider
hahah that WOULD be a good idea except you won't find a popular station that will host it, because then they'll get bombarded by angry phone calls from parents who claim their kids are being subjected to extreme violence and bloodshed and adult themes...

tis a shame really, because I'm sure if it were an anime and shown in another country (ie, Japan), that censorship crap would be less strict.

The 90s animated series is the best that we've gotten so far.

Mr Parker
yeah as far as tv shows and movies go,the 90 animated series is the best we have gotten so far.much better than the burton/schumacher travesty .

Tron
Luckily, they've gotten less strict with the animated series over the years. That would be a good idea though, showing Joker ACTUALLY go on a killing spree. Put it on Adult Swim, and keep the same team from the series on it, and you'd have a damn good show.

Silverstein
put it on Spike tv or...Space station

Knightfall93
And lethave proper Zsasz and Joker slaughters or actually see the PROPER Two Face origin! They could do like Christmas Special ones wioth like DKR and the Red Rain things, really dark Elseworlds and stuff...

Tron
Originally posted by Silverstein
put it on Spike tv or...Space station

It would be better on Adult Swim, since Time Warner owns all that sh*t anyway.

Knightfall93
Yeah. Or there should be a Comics Channel with really adult AND all ages stuff... and I wanna GL filmn or series or somethim'!

Etrigan
If that cartoon did ever appear, they should do a Knightfall saga over a few episodes in it.

Also, Killing Joke as an episode wouldn't be bad. Or possibly Arkham Asylum.

Knightfall93
Hmmm... a special DKR at the end of a series?
I wrote storys for 10 12- issue series when I was bored and the KnightSaga took 3 series and 3 episodes of a 4th...

Etrigan
Cool. Could you post some of your stuff from the stories you wrote? I would very much like to see them, if you could PM it to me.

Knightfall93
they're small ideas and written in rough. I could send if I get round to typing up...

Alec Brood
Spawn, anyone? They could do it if they had the guts to.

Etrigan
Foo'! There has already been a Spawn cartoon series, as far as I recall. It wasn't too good though. A dark batman series would be much better, really show off the Dark Knight's bad side.

Knightfall93
Exactly! But I also really think there needs to be a film or serial of GL... with Hal's origin and Legion! Then there could be a sequel where Sinestro goes evil...

Etrigan
And the entire Parallax stuff? With Hal becoming Spectre?

Knightfall93
that's too much but they could cut it down to:
mongul destroys Coast City (no Death and Return of Superman), Hal goes insane and the events of Emerald twilight/ New Dawn occur. Kyle encounters Major Force and Sinestro, maybe even Traitor. Then Parallax threatens to eestroy the universe. Kyle is whupped but becomes Ion. He defeats Hal but then sacrifces his power to reform the Corps.

Knightfall93
That could be more than 1 film but coulkd fit easily into 1 decently long series!

Etrigan
Yeah, that would be prety cool.

I still think the Batman dark series would be best.

Or maybe a Watchmen or V for Vendetta cartoon series. That would be pretty awesome. Dave Gibbons' art in watchmen would make a great cartoon.

Knightfall93
I'm reading watchmen now... Rorschoch is the most bad ass vigilante ever!

Etrigan
I quite liked Hooded Justice myself. But Rorschach was cool too.

Knightfall93
He may have been cool but you dont know much about him... he's not a main characteer!

Etrigan
That's the problem.

I liked it when he trashed Comedian though. I like Moore's weird onomatopoiea.

"You sick little bastard, I'm gonna break your NECK..."

"NAAH! Ahhughhh...."

Knightfall93
Yeah, the Comedian was a real sick bastard but I like how that comic portrays the heroes as "people"n if you see what I meean...

Etrigan
Yeah. The only one with proper superhuman powers was Dr Manhattan.

All of the others were just like normal people. They actually had civilian personalities.

I think Watchmen would make a great cartoon due to those aspects.

Knightfall93
Exactly, and they still managed to make Comedian into a real bad guy... though alos REALISTIC!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.