im tired of everyone hating spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pacmaniac
why cant things go his way more often? its mostly because of the lack of pro spidetness in NY that makes me not follow the comics.

Arahan
I didnt understand your ehm speech.

NoFate007
The general public in comics act like fools. They don't appreciate the heroes, and the second they get a chance to tear them down, they take it. Its just like the general public in the real world.

Look at the news. What do we see?

Murders - shows how terrible humans can be
Fires - shows bad luck and whatnot
Blunders of famous people - Spider-Man would be put on the news constantly if he even tripped or something
+ other pessimistic stuff

People don't celebrate the good things anymore, they just tolerate them. Instead, they coin phrases like "well, things could be worse" which is by far the most negative saying ever. Basically its saying "things can always be even worse, so be sort of thankful that you haven't hit rock bottom yet" rather than saying something like "gray skies are gonna clear up".

People are idiots, that's why they would have that anti-superhero thing in comics - because people would, and do, do it in the real world. That's also one of the reasons that a lot of the times, they show little kids appreciating the heroes more, because they're at that part in their life when the simplest things are still simple, and they aren't corrupted yet. They don't care about politics, they see a superhero save someone's life, and they are a hero to them = they are a good person/alien/whatever.

Its a shame.

DBZ MAN
by the amount of slander going into every CGI film in the forums or elsewhere i see.."oh it's cgi, that means they don't bother with a story and its all they got to show these days".. or "The graphics sucked balls!" that seems to be the new trend today with any movie. I see this as such an ugrateful act and disrespect to the people who put effort into working on it.
But i get impressed by things easier then others. In spider-man 2, the train fight sequence was one of the coolest things i ever saw and i know some people who walked out on that film or said it sucked, just to impress their friends..

Marcus4600
I guess that Gobby's speech in the first Spidey movie was dead on. Even if he isn't real, people will give him a bad rep the first chance they get. It bites.

Drache53
Originally posted by NoFate007
The general public in comics act like fools. They don't appreciate the heroes, and the second they get a chance to tear them down, they take it. Its just like the general public in the real world.

Blunders of famous people - Spider-Man would be put on the news constantly if he even tripped or something

People don't celebrate the good things anymore, they just tolerate them. Instead, they coin phrases like "well, things could be worse" which is by far the most negative saying ever. Basically its saying "things can always be even worse, so be sort of thankful that you haven't hit rock bottom yet" rather than saying something like "gray skies are gonna clear up".

People are idiots, that's why they would have that anti-superhero thing in comics - because people would, and do, do it in the real world. That's also one of the reasons that a lot of the times, they show little kids appreciating the heroes more, because they're at that part in their life when the simplest things are still simple, and they aren't corrupted yet. They don't care about politics, they see a superhero save someone's life, and they are a hero to them = they are a good person/alien/whatever.

Its a shame.

Amen brother, amen. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Spideys Sister
Stan Lee said himself, everyone told him Spidey wasn't going to sell because he had problems. But hey, he's like the most popular comic hero ever. Right? and why? Because he has problems. Things people can relate to. Especially Teens. Cause he has a job, school, a girlfriend and spidey time. He has to balance as do all teens. Speaking from experiance of course.

atharpina
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Stan Lee said himself, everyone told him Spidey wasn't going to sell because he had problems. But hey, he's like the most popular comic hero ever. Right? and why? Because he has problems. Things people can relate to. Especially Teens. Cause he has a job, school, a girlfriend and spidey time. He has to balance as do all teens. Speaking from experiance of course.

I wouldn't say the most famous super hero ever. Definitly the most famous Marvel hero ever and up on the list of famous heroes. But Superman and Batman are the MOST famous.

Marcus4600
I dunno about that. Superman yes, but most people think Spidey before bats.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by atharpina
I wouldn't say the most famous super hero ever. Definitly the most famous Marvel hero ever and up on the list of famous heroes. But Superman and Batman are the MOST famous. That's what I ment.Originally posted by Marcus4600
I dunno about that. Superman yes, but most people think Spidey before bats. Cause more people can tolerate spiders more than bats. I know I can. But getting my point across...

Tekno Boy

Amen to that, sister.

Originally posted by atharpina
I wouldn't say the most famous super hero ever. Definitly the most famous Marvel hero ever and up on the list of famous heroes. But Superman and Batman are the MOST famous.

Who talks about Superman and Batman nowadays? Excluding the fact that they both have films out.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Tekno Boy
Amen to that, sister.

Who talks about Superman and Batman nowadays? Excluding the fact that they both have films out. Numerous films. More than 7 for sups and 6 for batsy. Spidey has his simple three and they were so responsive he got a title in a worlds records book.

doctorstrongbad
Spiderman doesn't get a lot of respect but he is a very well known hero, I would say 2nd to Superman. His movies have been top box office winners. The bats and supes movies were really lame, except maybe the new bat one.

Marcus4600
Either way, it would be great if people would just stop bashing the web-slinger. He's an amazing hero, and is known as the Marvel spokesman! I bet he could take anybody, given the time to think about it. Heck, I bet he could reverse the Sentry serum and beat Sentry if he had to. He's amazing, thus the name, The Amazing Spider Man!

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Either way, it would be great if people would just stop bashing the web-slinger. He's an amazing hero, and is known as the Marvel spokesman! I bet he could take anybody, given the time to think about it. Heck, I bet he could reverse the Sentry serum and beat Sentry if he had to. He's amazing, thus the name, The Amazing Spider Man!

I agree that he is great hero and is amazing, but I'm not sure about reversing serums. If he could, wouldn't he reverse Captain America's also? Maybe he would have to invent a counter serum that may work.

Marcus4600
The man is a genius, so I wouldn't be suprised.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
by the amount of slander going into every CGI film in the forums or elsewhere i see.."oh it's cgi, that means they don't bother with a story and its all they got to show these days".. or "The graphics sucked balls!" that seems to be the new trend today with any movie. I see this as such an ugrateful act and disrespect to the people who put effort into working on it.
But i get impressed by things easier then others. In spider-man 2, the train fight sequence was one of the coolest things i ever saw and i know some people who walked out on that film or said it sucked, just to impress their friends..

What the hell does that have to do with this topic? blink

Originally posted by NoFate007

Its a shame.

Bravo, my friend. Bravo. thumb up

DBZ MAN
Sorry, i was just carrying on from what Nofate said and that how Spider-man is an example of it. Spider-man was one of many films that gets slandered for no real reason, just like some of the people on this bored believe but we won't go into that.

Marcus4600
^Agreed bro. Yeah, Spidey is still spidey, even after all these years. Even after he's embraced his spider-ness in Evolve or Die, and probably after the Civil War, Spider Man will always remain the same person, and the same loveable character. I think Thor once called him one of the mightiest heroes ever, and he definately deserves that praise.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Marcus4600
^Agreed bro. Yeah, Spidey is still spidey, even after all these years. Even after he's embraced his spider-ness in Evolve or Die, and probably after the Civil War, Spider Man will always remain the same person, and the same loveable character. I think Thor once called him one of the mightiest heroes ever, and he definately deserves that praise. Well we all know that didn't happen in USM where the Ultimates are constantly bashing on him. Note Hawkeye's remarks in Vol.12 and Anthonys in Vol.9

MuffinmanMike

And now, he's been going on long enough where they can take him in a new direction and make him join the Avengers. Why? Because all the fans don't see this as "abandoning his roots" as a solo hero. They see it as finally getting a break. His aunt knows his secret, his wife knows his secret, he's part of a respected team. Who cares what the general public think when you get home to your supermodel wife, and CAPTAIN EFFING AMERICA says "Hey buddy wanna get a beer later?"

When "Captain America" is listed as one of your closest friends and Mary-Jane is your wife, you've officially won at life.

In USM he's still "The kid".

As for Thor dubbing Spidey "One of the Mightiest Heroes", it fits now that he's PART of Earths Mightiest Heroes wink

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
And now, he's been going on long enough where they can take him in a new direction and make him join the Avengers. Why? Because all the fans don't see this as "abandoning his roots" as a solo hero. They see it as finally getting a break. His aunt knows his secret, his wife knows his secret, he's part of a respected team. Who cares what the general public think when you get home to your supermodel wife, and CAPTAIN EFFING AMERICA says "Hey buddy wanna get a beer later?"

When "Captain America" is listed as one of your closest friends and Mary-Jane is your wife, you've officially won at life.

In USM he's still "The kid".

As for Thor dubbing Spidey "One of the Mightiest Heroes", it fits now that he's PART of Earths Mightiest Heroes wink Part nothing. He's probably second to best. He'd be the best if he hadn't lost his leg....

Knightfall93
Umm... Spidey had 2 legs last i counted

Spideys Sister
GG blew one off.

streekz
dont spiders legs grow back? laughing

DBZ MAN
....no they don't..where'd you read that stick out tongue

streekz
i must of dreamt it then...................... wacko

Knightfall93
When did he lose a leg? I'm guessing he got it back with some freaky Spider crap

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Knightfall93
When did he lose a leg? I'm guessing he got it back with some freaky Spider crap No. In Spider girl he walks with a appendage. He states he lost it in his final fight with the Green Goblin. laughing out loud That's a sucky way to lose a leg.

Knightfall93
That really is "sucky" laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.