Jeph Loeb Writing the Ultimates...Is it Gonna Suck?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Old news, true. But do guys think it can match the splendor of Millar.? Or will it crash and burn into a horrible fiery glaze?

I think it will most likely suck.... sad

Such a GREAT comic too....

roughrider
Jeph Loeb and Brian Michael Bendis are two of the most popular writers in the medium. But they get an extreme amount of flak in here.
What's it all about? no expression

Bardock42
Seriously...Loeb is a genius...well at least with Batman....and Batman and Superman.

The Ion
Yeah, Loeb's Supergirl is a true work of genius. shifty

Draco69
Originally posted by The Ion
Yeah, Loeb's Supergirl is a true work of genius. shifty

laughing

DigiMark007
Well, it'll probably lose a bit of sweetness, just because Ultimates has been so good recently. But it's probably in decent hands.

Lucid Lui
It might be better. Who knows? Nothing we can do but wait and find out.

Hopefully it's still good...

ScarletSpider
I think it has a fair chance at being pretty good, but it won't be the same as Millar and Hitch's. There's just no way Loeb and Joe Mad can duplicate the mood and tone of the original Ultimates--and they shouldn't in any case.

Draco69
I can't wait to see Captain America defeat Iron Man with a kick or Wasp defeating Abraxas with a boob-flash! stick out tongue

Khellendros
Ugh. Loeb gets ONE f*cking issue to prove himself. That's all the cash I'm willing to risk on that jackass.

R.O.T. Yahman
The Art for it looks rubbish !!!!!!!

Apparently they will be fighting a 'team beater' at the beginning of Volume 3 ... And Ghost Rider will be joining ! smile

Lucid Lui
o.0 Ghost Rider?

Ok then...

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
o.0 Ghost Rider?

Ok then...

confused

Lucid Lui
Ghost Rider... Doesn't seem like he'd fit inot the Ultimates.

Of course i'm thinking 616, so who knows...

roughrider
What's Bryan Hitch moving on to?
His work for this series has been amazing.

ScarletSpider
Hitch is moving onto something set in 616. That's what he said in an interview somewhere, I think on Newsarama. Plans could always change, but he seemed pretty excited. I think Millar was set to write it too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.