Undercover cops is it right ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
Is it right for cops to set you up on purpose ? If you ever watch cops lol, they set people up and some people that get caught wouldn't have done it regularly but they got set up and everything. laughing out loud evil face

Draco69
Depends on your moral view. I think being undercover cops infiltrating a drug lord mafia gang in order to stop them and bring them to justice is quite righteous.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Draco69
Depends on your moral view. I think being undercover cops infiltrating a drug lord mafia gang in order to stop them and bring them to justice is quite righteous. lol not anything that serious.

Imperial_Samura
But sometimes an undercover cop exposes a hypocritical priest to the world. And that's always good.

Hit_and_Miss
Its called Entrapment
And its against the law....

Example...
Cop dresses as a prostatue...
IF a civilian walks up to the cop and offers sex for money.. Then the cop can arrest them..
If the civilian walks by the cop and the cop asks the civilian if they want sex for money, then its entrapment....

BackFire
Nothing wrong with Undercover cops if they do it properly.

The Omega
Well, what guarantee do I have that "they" DO it right?
None.
Undercover cops have been known to infiltrate peaceful rallies and stir up hell to break it up.

Draco69
If by "peaceful" ralllies, you mean standing in the middle of busy street at 2am shouting "Save the WHALES!" for hours on end....

And the above would also be illegal. The department can be sued for such behavior. Not to mention charged for aiding/instigating criminal behavior.

It doesn't make sense either. Why would a police officer create a riot during rally or protest. That's PRECISELY what they're trying to avoid.

Cyber Ninja
No they want to have fun lol. (watch cops) the go we caught the bastard after they went and screamed whales.

Punker69
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
Is it right for cops to set you up on purpose ? If you ever watch cops lol, they set people up and some people that get caught wouldn't have done it regularly but they got set up and everything. laughing out loud evil face

If you're doing something against the law then you deserve to be caught and prosecuted by all means neccessary.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Punker69
If you're doing something against the law then you deserve to be caught and prosecuted by all means neccessary. I agree but not what i meant...like use the whale guys example.

BackFire
Originally posted by The Omega
Well, what guarantee do I have that "they" DO it right?
None.
Undercover cops have been known to infiltrate peaceful rallies and stir up hell to break it up.

There is no guarantee, that doesn't mean they are all bad. There are organizations that monitor police forces to make sure they are doing it properly.

LethalFemme
I completely agree with undercover cops they get the job done

The Omega
BF> Nope, not all cops are bad. That would be a ludicrous statement.
However, some are.
And the rally in question was a peaceful, legal one. I have no idea why the "civil" cops started trouble. I take it the ralliers and the cops are old "enemies", you know?

Draco69> Any who on EARTH should arrest and prosecute the civil policemen who started the riot? Themselves?? The people at the rally?
Christ, what a stupid remark.

Hit_and_Miss
Why do police beat protesters???
Cause....
http://theworstpageintheuniverse.com/images/civil_blackred.jpg

Draco69
Originally posted by The Omega

Draco69> Any who on EARTH should arrest and prosecute the civil policemen who started the riot? Themselves?? The people at the rally?
Christ, what a stupid remark.

Um. Let's THINK. You're a police officer. You're job is to maintain the peace. If a peaceful rally doesn't disrupt the toils of everyday life than the police wouldn't do anything but keep a watchful eye.

YOU'RE saying that the police officers would endanger the lives of not only themselves or the rally participants but those around them by actively causing disruptions and instigating a potential riot. Which is just a stupid comment at that. Why would a police officer make his or hers job HARDER by instigating a riot.

And for some odd reason you're ALSO saying the undercover officers would not only instigate the riot but also LET it go on. Which is even an even more stupid comment. It doesn't make sense. erm

It's like Superman giving giving people grenades. He just WANTS to make his life harder. Right? Riiiight.

BackFire
Besides, only hippies protest, and they're rarely peaceful. Usually someone gets pissed off and throws something at a cop, and then the cop tasers them and then the protestors start attacking the cops and then the cops beat up the protestors and then they riot and everyone just forgets that that one protestor threw something to start it and just blames the cop for tasering the shithole.

Darth Jello
if an undercover cop busts a crime ring or puts away someone dangerous, kudos. If an undercover cop agetates a riot, kills someone, or entraps someone, he should get what he deserves. A police officer is an officer of the public trust. If he does something criminal, the protections against assaulting an officer should no longer apply.

Capt_Fantastic
I think that undercover cops that interact with the general public are a load of bullshit. I think that criminal-specific operations are valid.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Punker69
If you're doing something against the law then you deserve to be caught and prosecuted by all means neccessary.

Exept if it's smoking weed.

Mišt
Is it legal to smoke it on your own property? I forgot the laws with that..

K.Diddy

Mišt
Yeah thats what I thought....as long as your arent supplying it, you can smoke a certain amount on private property...but not 100% clear on that...

SaTsuJiN
Is it right for cops to set you up on purpose ?

heh..people wouldnt get caught if they werent blatantly guilty of it to begin with. i.e. if I wasnt into prostitution.. I wouldnt be caught by an undercover cop cuz I'd be nowhere near a hoe

hetman
Working undercover is a means of preventing a criminal act from taking place in many situations. Take a bombing conspiracy for instance. The undercover agent has to be deep in an organization to get invited into the conspiracy. The crime has to be already in motion, he cannot set the crime in motion. Various measures are tried to prevent the act from taking place while still appearing to be among the conspirators. This is difficult to accomplish without being compromised by the conspirators as an infiltrator.
Take the undercover agent, Tommy the Traveler, a blue Ribbon Grand Jury after almost a year of intense investigation, learned that he had while working for the FBI, prevented numerous bombings over the years thru counter measures while still maintaining his radical cover. One of which would have been as big as the OKC bombing. The radical press unjustly labeled him an "Agent Provocator".This was maybe an attempt to get him to talk to them, which he never did. Maybe it was an attempt to try the affirmative defense claiming entrapment by the defendants.

K.Diddy

No cops are right

PSP UC
Cops really hate all liberal protestors as well as drug dealing commie bastards ...
Thank you... please drive thru .....

PSP UC

PSP UC

PSP UC
K.DIDDY
those glasses went out in the 1970's
the cap gun revolver aint cutting it as well as the airsoft automatic. I assume the Tattoo on your right arm is advertising your gay boyfriend who must have also given you the womans wrist watch.
I'd at least reccomend lifting some more weight as this is all your government grants you in form of defense. by the looks of your arms you've been lifting only the wank.

grey fox
Enjoy your stay at KMC psp. REPORTED !

Darth Jello
oh wow, someone decided to drag up this old thread and it looks like he's the exact kind of cop that I don't think should be protected against assault.
Maybe part of my attitude has to do with the fact that colorado ranks number one in the country in terms of police impersonation?

WrathfulDwarf
Idiot pathetic Troll permanently banned. The topic is still open for discussion.

tabby999
if an undercover cop put you in a situation where you break the law against your own free will, thats entrappment. if they go undercover and then you proposition them for sex, you broke the law (and, it would seem, have a bad taste in hookers).

as for the few posts i saw asking about how many plants you can legally have, i think in Victoria at the moment it two, but if they think your selling them, off to jail you go. they keep changing the damn law on the ammount you can legally posses, its crap, the one group you DONT want to be confusing is the stoners

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.