How much is the government keeping from us?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
I was listening to a speaker on Sunday night and he mentioned racism against Jews being at its all-time high in Germany and how alot of really insane prejudice stuff (I cant remember the details) is happening in Europe but the government and news media keep it out from us. He said he had access to things most people don't have access to. This is understandible since hes a world renowned speaker who has traveled the globe and has friends in every part of the world.

This got me to thinking. How much do we really know about whats going on in other countries? We only know what the media tells us and if the goverment doesn't want us to know something then we basically don't know.

BackFire
Racism against Jews at an all time high in Germany huh?

Uh....anyone else see something strange about that?

Deano
theres a lot you dont know

Draco69
The media cuts and pastes whatever spiel sounds good. The truth is never given.

We cannot tell how much the governement keeps from us because we have no proof of HOW much they could possibly keep from us.

Punker69
Originally posted by BackFire
Racism against Jews at an all time high in Germany huh?

Uh....anyone else see something strange about that?

I cant remember if the man said Europe or Germany. But it was one of the two. And it got me to thinking because I have never heard anything about that.

BackFire
Yeah, there was some pretty bad racism against Jews in Germany last century...

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, there was some pretty bad racism against Jews in Germany last century...

Wasn't there a war about it or something?

BackFire
Yeah, a little one, they barely mention it in history classes.

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Wasn't there a war about it or something?

Yeah and wasn't the war about something called the Holocaust?

Punker69
It would suck to be a Jew in Germany blink

But I dont think it was Germany. I think it was someplace more improbable but I can't remember what exactly he said.

Punker69
Ok well the speaker is going to give my youth pastor some links to the websites he goes to for the real information. My youth pastor said he is going to give me the links when he gets them and then i'll post them here if I think they are legit.

Eis
Originally posted by Punker69
Ok well the speaker is going to give my youth pastor some links to the websites he goes to for the real information. My youth pastor said he is going to give me the links when he gets them and then i'll post them here if I think they are legit.
please do. laughing out loud

finti
well they keep almost half of my paycheck mad

Smasandian
The wasnt a war about Germans (you mean Nazi's) racist against the Jewish race.

Darth Macabre
I'm sure there are lots of things the governments are keeping. I doubt anyone, except the leaders of the country, even know every nook and cranny. I'm sure there are things the 2nd in command doesn't even know about as well.

finti
yeah but it happened over 60 years ago
and the Nazis(Nazis wasnt only Germans) idea of cleansing Europe of Jews by putting them in concentration camps and then exterminate them was not a racial conflict? It happen during WWII so it was very much part of the war

Darth Jello
there's some pretty bad antisemitism here too. They call it christian zionism to keep it hidden.

Wonderer
The Government is not some kind of closed-off entity, but composed of normal people like you and me, who also gossips and tells other people stuff that's 'secret' and happening. The truth alwasy leeks out somehow, because the government are made up of regular human beings, it can't relly keep secrets for too long.

finti
indeed

Wonderer
Unless the government is not human, but actual aliens from deep space! eek! laughing

redcaped
It shouldn't be our concern. We get our own problems that cannot be solved...why worry more? The government is nothing but collective thoughts from a group of people with authority and I ignore all that.

Mindship
Our civilization is built on fictions: from the mundane (eg, people pretending that they're younger/taller/richer than they really are) to mid-level (eg, commercials, anyone?) all the way to the top (eg, State of the Union address, UN Security Council meetings).
As someone mentioned in a prior post, we are all just human beings doing our thing, and our thing contains large doses of substituting what we want to believe/happen for the real deal. Conspiracies need not apply; this is simply the nature of the egoic beast.
In our globalized, media-integrated, info-rich world, image is everything.

Punker69
One of the websites is suppose to be set in another country. (I think Jerusalem)

Smasandian
Originally posted by finti
yeah but it happened over 60 years ago
and the Nazis(Nazis wasnt only Germans) idea of cleansing Europe of Jews by putting them in concentration camps and then exterminate them was not a racial conflict? It happen during WWII so it was very much part of the war

But the war wasnt about the cleansing of Jews.
The war was about stopping the tyranny of Hitler.

It just happened that they found out about the Jews later on in the war.

I agree that it was part of the war looking back, but at that time, nonbody really knew what was happening to the Jews and other small minorities.

American military knew a little bit about it, but they really didnt make an effort to try to stop it.

Deano
http://threeworldwars.com/world-war-2/ww2.htm
true cause of ww2

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Smasandian
But the war wasnt about the cleansing of Jews.
The war was about stopping the tyranny of Hitler.

It just happened that they found out about the Jews later on in the war.

I agree that it was part of the war looking back, but at that time, nonbody really knew what was happening to the Jews and other small minorities.

American military knew a little bit about it, but they really didnt make an effort to try to stop it.

I would say the war was just as much about the subtle rise of fascism, and not just in Germany and Italy. But in America as well.

And, everyone in the modern world can deny the foreknowledge of the events of the holocaust all they want. But, the people of Germany knew, as well as a majority of the allied governments, well before the end of the war.

finti
oh they knew about the concentration camps set up for jews political opponents and other minorities before the war started they just didnt know that it was on such a large scale. And not even the worst nightmare was of how a enormous scale it grew into.
But the main reason for the war was to stop the Nazis regime and their invasion of European countries

Smasandian
Originally posted by Deano
http://threeworldwars.com/world-war-2/ww2.htm
true cause of ww2

I've already said that.

Darth Jello
Everyone knew. no one gave a shit. no one ever does. Look at Rwanda, Cambodia, Soviet Russia, China, Turkmenistan, the Yugoslavian States...
people only give a shit when it's too late or when it benefits their own best interests.
Why do you think the Doctors' plot failed to start World War III?

LordFear
You know this might sound cheesy but what is the point of not trying to better this world? Why must we just focus on our wretched little lives all for the glorious goal of buying that new plasma screen tv or that new SUV that's out. Is that what really you all think we were put here for?
The pursuit of wealth and material gains?
Can't be just cannot be!!!

WrathfulDwarf
To be honest....I'm just waiting for the government to send my tax refund so that I can buy a HD plasma TV and maybe a downpayment for a new SUV.

Darth Jello
plasma tvs are for idiots. why buy something that you'll have to replace in four years?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Darth Jello
why buy something that you'll have to replace in four years?

Then why buy something at all? Nothing last forever. The logic of some people....

Ogami Itto
thats it i'm never buying shoes again! miffed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.