Trinidad are SOOO gonna be owned this WC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slay
no expression

Talking about football off course...

bloodboys2blueb
why is this not on the sports topic and I also agree that Trinidad and Tobago will win

Slay
Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb
why is this not on the sports topic and I also agree that Trinidad and Tobago will win

Trinidad and Tobago are gonna lose all three group matches

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb

He means they will get hammered!

Slay
Originally posted by Time Of Evil
He means they will get hammered!
Exactly

Holland is gonna take the Cup this year off course...That is,if Marco can form us a proper team disgust

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Slay
no expression

Talking about football off course...

You mean soccer right?

Slay
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
You mean soccer right?
Football disgust

You Americans stole the name,just like you steel everything disgust

Alpha Centauri
No he meant football.

The one that involves primarily ball to foot action, which is more than can be said for it's American counterpart of the same name.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf

You Americans stole the name,just like you steel everything disgust

Can I steal you? whistle

Slay
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Can I steal you? whistle
Probably not.No...I hope not fear

Slay
netherlands

Wilhelmus van Nassauwe...

fini
HERE COMES THE TRINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

SO what??? this is the first time we qualified for the world cup. And i not counting anyone out.

Remember what first timers Senegal did at the last world cup?!?!?!?!
Now dont get me wrong, it will be a miracle for any team to repeat what they did.

Slay
Originally posted by fini

SO what??? this is the first time we qualified for the world cup. And i not counting anyone out.

Now dont get me wrong, it will be a miracle for any team to repeat what they did. Yes but Senegal are Senegal.They were upcoming for years before.Trinidad just got lucky,really. erm

Itzak
no expression

fini
UM, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Trinidad was 1 pt away from qualifying in 1989. WE needed a draw to get through to the world cup. But USA beat us 1-0 in that game. AND THAT WAS THE first time that the US reached to the world cup.

ANd there was a similiar situation in the 70's too, but I wasn't around then, so dont know the particulars

Slay
UM, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Trinidad was 1 pt away from qualifying in 1989. WE needed a draw to get through to the world cup. But USA beat us 1-0 in that game. AND THAT WAS THE first time that the US reached to the world cup.

ANd there was a similiar situation in the 70's too, but I wasn't around then, so dont know the particulars
I don't care about the US team.I'm Dutch.And we almost one it two times.If it wasn't for the Germans being lucky,or the Argentinians cheating disgust

fini
LOL, I dont care bout the US team neither, just stating that, we didn't make it because of luck, WE have been fighting to get there for years.

And dont rat on us please, cut us an iota of slack at least, We're the smallest country to ever qualify.

Bardock42
Trinidad and Tobago are gonna lose all three group matches

Like France last time?

By the way, I am german, we won it three times...pasteurize that bitches. That makes us the second best team ever w00t

Slay
LOL, I dont care bout the US team neither, just stating that, we didn't make it because of luck, WE have been fighting to get there for years.

And dont rat on us please, cut us an iota of slack at least, We're the smallest country to ever qualify.
I thought that was Tahiti...Part of the Canarian Islands though erm
Which countries are you grouped with?

fini
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slay
Originally posted by Bardock42
Like France last time?

By the way, I am german, we won it three times...pasteurize that bitches. That makes us the second best team ever w00t Your German right...You must have some tickets erm

Alpha Centauri
Shall we stop pretending Trinidad will do good?

England are the best outside hope because they always manage to slyly win. There are many sides capable this year.

Germany are always good and they have the home advantage this time, Holland also have a great team. Though we all know it'll go to Brazil, they have the best team out there.

-AC

fini
um No, WE are the smallest, confimed by FIFA.

Oh god we're in an evil group.

England
Paraguay
Sweden

LOL, most likely we may lose all three, BUT dont just say so, without any knowledge of our team and history.

Bardock42
Your German right...You must have some tickets erm
Nope, don't care for Football that much. Nor do I like to watch in Stadiums.

Slay
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Shall we stop pretending Trinidad will do good?

England are the best outside hope because they always manage to slyly win. There are many sides capable this year.

Germany are always good and they have the home advantage this time, Holland also have a great team. Though we all know it'll go to Brazil, they have the best team out there.

-AC
We have a great team.Not a constant one though.Van Basten changes the line-up every match.Of all the matches Van Basten has coached,the only player who was in all of them was Edwin van der Sar erm

Deano
brazil, argentina and england look the strongest

Alpha Centauri
Castelan, Van Bommel, Robben, Davids, Vilderim, Hasslebaink (why he's never in the team astounds me), Van Persie, Stam.

So many great players.

-AC

Bardock42
We have a great team.Not a constant one though.Van Basten changes the line-up every match.Of all the matches Van Basten has coached,the only player who was in all of them was Edwin van der Sar erm

He's still around? I remember him from 95 or something.

fini
And SLay, I am not even gonna get angry with you. OUr couch is Dutch TOO, and without him, we wouldn't have made.

LOL, all Triniboganians will give you a degree of respect because you are dutch. But if u behave like an *******, then we'll **** you up. HEHE

Slay
Originally posted by Deano
brazil, argentina and england look the strongest
England.Pah England...

This is my top three

1.Brazil
2.Italy(not sure,after that weak EC anymore though erm )
3.Argentina

JacopeX

Now dont get me wrong, it will be a miracle for any team to repeat what they did. yes I agree, and Better luck next time Peru

El Corazon de peru es en los colores!!!

JacopeX
Originally posted by Deano
brazil, argentina and england look the strongest yes brazil has an all star team so i agree its gonna be hard playin in there sack

England have one of the best defenders in the world and have great strykers, i belive theyll make it further in the world cup

I dont agree about Argentina

Slay
Castelan, Van Bommel, Robben, Davids, Vilderim, Hasslebaink (why he's never in the team astounds me), Van Persie, Stam.

So many great players.

-AC
Castelen and Yildirim stick out tongue

Dirk Kuijt and Van Nistelrooiy too.Although he is cought off side very easily erm

Slay
And SLay, I am not even gonna get angry with you. OUr couch is Dutch TOO, and without him, we wouldn't have made.

LOL, all Triniboganians will give you a degree of respect because you are dutch. But if u behave like an *******, then we'll **** you up. HEHE
Quite funny.

That you wouldn't have made it without your couch laughing

JacopeX
Quite funny.

That you wouldn't have made it without your couch laughing Actually when I saw the match between Baraihn and trinidad and tabago, they played pretty good and i jus checked out the group there in, I say the best could do is second place but the worst would be last place i say

fini
OH WAIT I SAID COUCH???????????????????????LOL, argh, typing without the use of a finger is a *****, stupid typos.

ITs True , that man, turned around the team

DId you know that 4 teams in this year's world cup have Dutch coaches

Slay
Originally posted by Bardock42
He's still around? I remember him from 95 or something.
That might have been when Ajax won the Champions League...He might be old,but he is one of the most trustworthy goalies,of the last decade.I have no idea why Juventus sold him too Fulham.Although Fulham is doing good now also...

Slay
OH WAIT I SAID COUCH???????????????????????LOL, argh, typing without the use of a finger is a *****, stupid typos.

ITs True , that man, turned around the team

DId you know that 4 teams in this year's world cup have Dutch coaches
Although.Haan (or Beenhakker,I don't know which one of the two is Trinidad's coach)might do the same for Trinidad as Hiddink did for South-Korea

JacopeX
http://www.answers.com/topic/trinidad-and-tobago-national-football-team?method=22

There league cup profile isnt that good

Slay
Originally posted by JacopeX
Actually when I saw the match between Baraihn and trinidad and tabago, they played pretty good and i jus checked out the group there in, I say the best could do is second place but the worst would be last place i say
England is a certain loss.
Don't know about Paraguay
Might score a goal or two against Sweden...

fini
Beenhakker

and Austrailia got a dutch coach too.

Alpha Centauri
Italy and Spain are shit, I don't know why anyone continues to rate them. They never achieve anything, ever.

England have the strongest team they've had in years, but that doesn't mean they're one of the strongest teams. They have a shit manager who doesn't have a clue what he's doing and picks players because he likes them rather than who's good.

Brazil have the best team, whether they'll win or not, nobody knows.

-AC

JacopeX
Marvin Andrews
Christopher Birchall
Angus Eve
Cornell Glen
Avery John
Stern John
Kenwyne Jones
Russell Latapy
Dwight Yorke

Great players in Trinidad and Tobago

Slay
Italy and Spain are shit, I don't know why anyone continues to rate them. They never achieve anything, ever.

England have the strongest team they've had in years, but that doesn't mean they're one of the strongest teams. They have a shit manager who doesn't have a clue what he's doing and picks players because he likes them rather than who's good.

-AC
I don't know
I'm still hoping for the best of revenges,after that 2002 embarrassment...

Slay
Marvin Andrews
Christopher Birchall
Angus Eve
Cornell Glen
Avery John
Stern John
Kenwyne Jones
Russell Latapy
Dwight Yorke

Great players in Trinidad and Tobago
I haven't heard about half of them,and I'm sure,neither have you.

JacopeX

-AC Yea, Jus becuz italy play very well in league cups or even the world cup, they get rated.

Alpha Centauri
They don't though, they play like crap. Italy and Spain mentality is this:

"If we don't score, but we stop you from scoring, then we won't lose. Therefore, we'll defend and not attack so much."

-AC

Slay

"If we don't score, but we stop you from scoring, then we won't lose. Therefore, we'll defend and not attack so much."

-AC You're right,you're right
But I'm half Italian,which must make me biased...

Slay
The funny thing is,Holland always get owned at penalty shoot-outs.Like in 2000.Against Italy.If we could have won that match,we would have won the championship...

Alpha Centauri
I'm full English and Brazil are my favourite team.

Me being born here doesn't mean I have to back 22 men (squad) playing football who just so happen to have been born in the same country. I enjoy watching football so I support who I enjoy and I've loved Brazil since 94's USA world cup.

If England play well enough to win it, fair play, then they deserved to win. What I hate is when patriots go on like they're the best even when they're at their worst. When they got knocked out of the last European cup everyone was saying "Nah, doesn't matter. Who wants to win with a foreign manager?" I guarantee, if they didn't get knocked out and actually went on to win, no one would have said that.

-AC

JacopeX

-AC http://www.answers.com/topic/italy-national-football-team?method=22 Yea they only won four major cups

And spain only won one championship, how sad

http://www.answers.com/spain%20national%20football%20team

JacopeX

Me being born here doesn't mean I have to back 22 men (squad) playing football who just so happen to have been born in the same country. I enjoy watching football so I support who I enjoy.

If England play well enough to win it, fair play, then they deserved to win. What I hate is when patriots go on like they're the best even when they're at their worst.

-AC Yea well, i wuz born in California but i root for Peru since my whole family is from there. I sometimes watch USA but i mostly watch the peruvian league more than MLS

Slay

Me being born here doesn't mean I have to back 22 men (squad) playing football who just so happen to have been born in the same country. I enjoy watching football so I support who I enjoy.

If England play well enough to win it, fair play, then they deserved to win. What I hate is when patriots go on like they're the best even when they're at their worst.

-AC
The problem is.I'm one of those patriots.I don't really care for Italy really,just thought they might have a fair chance.Of course Brazil are gonna win...they have Ronaldinho,Adriano and many more...I mean,they beat Argentina 4-1(or was it 5-1?) at the Confederations Cup...

JacopeX
4-1 and I jus hope brazil dont win cuz im tired of seein them win the World cup or any other major cup. I wanna see a new champion!!!

Alpha Centauri
People always knock Brazil's defence, but when Brazil lose it's never by much. When they win it's normally by a very good amount.

Not only have they got the best attack, unquestionably. They have a great midfield and a very good defence. Dida is on great form in goal also.

-AC

Slay
4-1 and I jus hope brazil dont win cuz im tired of seein them win the World cup or any other major cup. I wanna see a new champion!!!
That,is true,alsoOriginally posted by Alpha Centauri
People always knock Brazil's defence, but when Brazil lose it's never by much. When they win it's normally by a very good amount.

Not only have they got the best attack, unquestionably. They have a great midfield and a very good defence. Dida is on great form in goal also.

-AC Their Defense is not bad either...Roberto Carlos,Cafu...or did Cafu leave the National team? erm

Alpha Centauri
I think he's retired from international football, but you never know. He's the Keith Richards of football. The man is 38 (?) and still runs at about 100mph.

Roque Junior, Lucio also (in defence).

-AC

Slay
I think he's retired from international football, but you never know. He's the Keith Richards of football. The man is 38 (?) and still runs at about 100mph.

Roque Junior, Lucio also (in defence).

-AC Yes.Dino Zoff played in the National Team till he was 41,you'll nevr know.He might try to break the record...Cafu is one of my fav footballers of all-time though...

Alpha Centauri
France have got Zidane, Makelele etc out of retirement, so they might do better than last time.

I hope they do, I like France's team. Then again I am slightly biased there because I am a very big fan of Henry (Arsenal supporter also).

-AC

Slay
France have got Zidane, Makelele etc out of retirement, so they might do better than last time.

I hope they do, I like France's team. Then again I am slightly biased there because I am a very big fan of Henry (Arsenal supporter also).

-AC Didn't Makelele change his nationality?
I am,of course rooting for Holland...
I still have a Ruud Gullit cap

Alpha Centauri
I'm not sure...not that I knew of.

Gullit was the man, great all rounder. Bergkamp was (maybe is) one of my favourite all time players. The Dutch master indeed.

What do you think of the current Holland strike force of Robben, Van Nistelrooy and possibly Van Persie?

-AC

Bloigen
Scotland's going to win the cup this year.

big grin

cry

Alpha Centauri
Scotland couldn't win the Scottish International cup.

-AC

Slay
I'm not sure...not that I knew of.

Gullit was the man, great all rounder. Bergkamp was (maybe is) one of my favourite all time players. The Dutch master indeed.

What do you think of the current Holland strike force of Robben, Van Nistelrooy and possibly Van Persie?

-AC
I could have sworn I saw Makelele play for the Ivorian team...

Well with Van Basten as coach,Van Persie has no chance.He is all for the let the young talent flow,but he won't stand for Van Persie's Attitude.Robben and van Nistelrooiy,are a good team,but they might need some time to adjust to each other...You know,Robben always takes the innitiative,to make long runs and such,while van Nistelrooy is more the sort of striker that waits for a good oppurtunity to score.We also have Sneijder as a promising talent.Did you see that EC qualification match against Scotland?He controlled the entire match.A boy of 18...or Kuijt of course...

Bloigen
Scotland couldn't win the Scottish International cup.

-AC

We didn't even make it past the qualifiers.

*shakes fist at sky* DAMN YOU!

bloodboys2blueb
I WANT trin to win the world cup because their underdogs but if Wales were init then I would support them. But I honestly reckon Brazil will win again

Slay
Nvm...

JacopeX
Italy has buffon, one of the best goalies next to Dida and Simon Royce

Slay
Italy has buffon, one of the best goalies next to Dida and Simon Royce England of course have Beckham and Rooney,two of the most overrated players ever...

JacopeX
England of course have Beckhma and Rooney,two of the most overrated players ever... Beckahm, yea overated, Rooney, i dont think so

Bloigen
I'm going make my own country "Bloigen" then get an army then enter my army into the World Cup (guns and tanks included) and it they disagree I'LL EAT THEIR MOMS!

Slay
Beckahm, yea overated, Rooney, i dont think so
Rooney was to be sold,as the most expensive player ever...That is overrated...

Alpha Centauri
I could have sworn I saw Makelele play for the Ivorian team...

Well with Van Basten as coach,Van Persie has no chance.He is all for the let the young talent flow,but he won't stand for Van Persie's Attitude.Robben and van Nistelrooiy,are a good team,but they might need some time to adjust to each other...You know,Robben always takes the innitiative,to make long runs and such,while van Nistelrooy is more the sort of striker that waits for a good oppurtunity to score.We also have Sneijder as a promising talent.Did you see that EC qualification match against Scotland?He controlled the entire match.A boy of 18...or Kuijt of course...

I do agree Van Persie's attitude is a bit much but he can back it up. Well, Wenger has arguably the biggest influence over him.

Sneijder is amazing, seriously a phenomenal player. I can't wait to see him play more, Kuijt also.

Then there's Van der Meyde, Van der Vaart, Makaay. Great team indeed.

-AC

Slay
I do agree Van Persie's attitude is a bit much but he can back it up. Well, Wenger has arguably the biggest influence over him.

Sneijder is amazing, seriously a phenomenal player. I can't wait to see him play more, Kuijt also.

Then there's Van der Meyde, Van der Vaart, Makaay. Great team indeed.

-AC I don't know about Van Der Meyde,he never had a chance to prove himself though.And he is almost 30 erm

Alpha Centauri
He's in great shape and I've seen him play excellent most frequently, but true. It's happened a bit late.

-AC

JacopeX
Man wut is wit attitude in soccer. Whenever My team isnt playin well or were lsoin, i have alot of patience

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

It's not like I can do anything about it. I dislike my team (club) losing but I'm not viciously connected to them, that stops the game being fun.

-AC

JacopeX
Of course, but this is the type of player i am

im the type of player that like to play the Sport wit pride and heart. But the problem is that I wont play good for a sucky coach because i wanna be treated like a valuable player. I dont player jus for any coach. Im a great player in my level.

Deano
England of course have Beckham and Rooney,two of the most overrated players ever...

very silly comment

Alpha Centauri
Beckham is actually very overrated.

Rooney is an excellent player, but he's also overrated. He's excellent, he's not Pele.

-AC

bloodboys2blueb
Patience can win you games.
E.G:My team were down 3-1 but when I come on with about 30mins left we scored 2 goals and the first I sorta set up. I passed to the player who set up the scorer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.