JLA vs. Illuminati-Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
Illuminati and Defenders team up to battle the JLA

Superman
Flash
Green Lantern (Hal)
Wonder Woman
Flash
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Batman

vs.

Doctor Strange
The Hulk
Namor
Silver Surfer
Black Bolt (after energy absorption)
Prof X
Iron Man
Reed Richards

good fight, but who wins?

and try to think of anything other than speedblitz.

GODSCRIBE

Dizzle
The Defenders alone murder the JLA terribly. (this lineup, not the whole freaking thing) Giving them Black Bolt is overkill and a half.

Only BB is perfect...

jrodslam
Originally posted by Dizzle
The Defenders alone murder the JLA terribly. (this lineup, not the whole freaking thing) Giving them Black Bolt is overkill and a half.

Only BB is perfect...

I dont agree with your first statement Dizz. The only reason Defenders even beat the JLA is because of Strange. JLA doesnt have any magic user to counter any attack from him(depending what the attack is). But nevertheless, the JLA lose.

Mider
flash blittzes strange and black bolt before they have a chance to even say a word while WW hog ties the hulk with her unbreakable lasso martian manhunter kills professor x with his telepathy and does the same to richards aquaman defeats namor dont know why he wouldnt while GL superman and WW gang up on Silver Surfer after Flash steals his speed and pummel him till he looks like foal i know it sounds corny it still happens and then Iron Man is left for desert tisk tisk Batman probably uses an EMP on him or something and defeats them like he did most of the OMACs

GODSCRIBE
^thats the type of stupidity I wanted to prevent from this thread. oh well.

I put Flash in there twice so you can replace him with anyone you want.

GODSCRIBE
MM was harmed when he tried to cajole Zatanna using TP (when she was on the brink of insanity). Prof X would have no such trouble. He'll just take MM to the Astral Plane and finish him there. He's defeated the Shadow King astrally.

GODSCRIBE
Okay so Prof takes MM to the astral plane to battle him there..

Flash would cause all sorts of problems though. Surfer would have to open up another dimension while he's running around and trap him there.

Bats is versatile but he's no match for Stark's arsenal.

Namor and Aquaman duke it out, while Wonder Woman and Hulk fight. I think she eventually wins.

Dr. Strange meanwhile has summoned a hoard of demons to battle Green Lantern which he dispatches fairly easily. He then unleashes the full power of Cyttorak himself to destroy him.

At this time Supes and Black Bolt have taken their fight into the stratosphere. They trade punches, but BB soon finds out Supes is much too powerful for him. He then delivers the master blow. That doesn't kill Kal, so he utters a full sentence which shakes the very heavens, effectively knocking Superman out.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are left to fight the collaborative efforts of the Illuminati and the Defenders. Dr. Strange magically controls her lasso and chokes her to death with it. Aquaman flees from fear.

I think that settles it. I think I should add Cpt Marvel to make it fair.

GODSCRIBE
wake up

JOE NUNEZ
well said godscribe except for ww defeating hulk i think you were just being kind to the jla

Draco69
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
MM was harmed when he tried to cajole Zatanna using TP (when she was on the brink of insanity). Prof X would have no such trouble. He'll just take MM to the Astral Plane and finish him there. He's defeated the Shadow King astrally.

Honey. Martian Manhunter is far above Xavier. He's been around practicing telepathy for several millenia under the best of the best AND his telepathy is just simply powerful. Can Xavier scan the minds of every being in a blink of an eye without the aid of Cerebra? J'onn can. Can Xavier mindwipe 70 different high-level telepathes in a blink of an eye all over the globe even with Cerebra? J'onn can. Can Xavier unleash a psychic blast so powerful that it LITERALLY devolves his foe back to a fetus? J'onn.

Xavier is a punk amateur to J'onn.

Dizzle
Originally posted by jrodslam
I dont agree with your first statement Dizz. The only reason Defenders even beat the JLA is because of Strange. JLA doesnt have any magic user to counter any attack from him(depending what the attack is). But nevertheless, the JLA lose.

Meh, Surfer could take a good portion of them too. But yeah... The Defenders only got like... 4 main members. And they'd still kick the crap out of those 8 JLAers, on account of 2 of them. Surfer steps in front of Flash and turns him into goo while Strange rains magical death upon all of them. Strange+Surfer is hella powerful.

Black Bolt could take most of em out with his scream, or deal with pretty much anyone of them individually, if he doesn't want to yell at them, through matter manipulation, electron blasts, etc.

GODSCRIBE
Xavier has the power to do all that, but he keeps himself under control. His evil side (Cassandra Nova) is capable of that and more. If he removes all inhibitions he'd be very dangerous.

Juntai
Eh. Flash could extend the speedforce to include every leaguers and timestop everyone, making the fight very lopsided.

GODSCRIBE
Yeah but I'm sure Dr. Strange has a trick that annuls all that.

jasofisc
can MM mind control anyone. MM may have a wider range and is more powerfull from a distance but Prof. X takes him out in close range. How does MM stack up to darkseid. Well Prof. X got past all of Galactuses mental blocks before and I would thing they would be more powerfull then Darkseid's. MM mind wiping "70 different high-level telepathes" is PIS he never shows that kind of power over a person with his mind powers. In fact I've rarely ever seen him us his mental powers. Does every bad guy in DC have mental protection.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by jasofisc
can MM mind control anyone. MM may have a wider range and is more powerfull from a distance but Prof. X takes him out in close range. How does MM stack up to darkseid. Well Prof. X got past all of Galactuses mental blocks before and I would thing they would be more powerfull then Darkseid's. MM mind wiping "70 different high-level telepathes" is PIS he never shows that kind of power over a person with his mind powers. In fact I've rarely ever seen him us his mental powers. Does every bad guy in DC have mental protection.

good man

Draco69
Xavier has the power to do all that, but he keeps himself under control. His evil side (Cassandra Nova) is capable of that and more. If he removes all inhibitions he'd be very dangerous.

Oh please. Of course he can't. One time he exerted himself to the MAXIMUM by projecting his telepathy into every mind on the planet. What happened? He went to a COMA.

He needs Cerebra and two vials of Kick to even reach J'onn's level

Juntai
Yeah but I'm sure Dr. Strange has a trick that annuls all that. Dr Strange would be speedblitzed in that scenario.

Juntai
Originally posted by Draco69
Oh please. Of course he can't. One time he exerted himself to the MAXIMUM by projecting his telepathy into every mind on the planet. What happened? He went to a COMA.

He needs Cerebra and two vials of Kick to even reach J'onn's level Meanwhile Jonn had done that, while in melee combat.

Draco69

MM can't control ANYone. But damn close.

What the hell is the difference in close range and long range in a telepathic battle? What the f**k?

Darkseid is a far superior telepath to MM. He's mentally controlled whole galaxies at once.

Martian Manhunter psychially defended the ENTIRE globe from Mageddon's psychic attacks. And he was flying around and beating up Shaggy Man while doing it. AND he's used it to control the Wrath of God himself to reach into the Joker's mind. From the moon no less.

MM did mindwipe 70 high-level telepaths. They were White Martians. Not to mention all those other poor souls when he was Fernus.

GODSCRIBE
wait, if Xavier and Cassandra are supposedly analogous to one an other, how come she can do all that shit, and he can't?

Draco69
wait, if Xavier and Cassandra are supposedly analogous to one an other, how come she can do all that shit, and he can't?

Cassandra is not "analogous" to Charles at all. Nova was a much more powerful psychic (managed to mentally-control Xavier EVEN though he was using Cerebra) and has uber-TK that can manipulate molecules. Not to mention she's a upper-level pre-cog. Nova's above Xavier.

GODSCRIBE
i mean yea, thats evident in comics..but i read somewhere that she was just his evil incarnate. his darkside. guess i read wrong.

Draco69
i mean yea, thats evident in comics..but i read somewhere that she was just his evil incarnate. his darkside. guess i read wrong.

It was written by Grant Morrison. Of course it was confusing. We're all still trying to figure out his damn Phoenix arc...

GODSCRIBE
tell me about it. **** the phoenix story.

jasofisc
the differnce in long to short range is that X seems to be weaker over a long range as in contacting people on other side of the world
In a Telepathic fight X takes pretty much anyone. The whole 70 telepaths thing is something that seems outside of his powers. Maybe i'm wrong, however I've rarly ever seen him even use them. Controling a person by Telepathy is a lot stronger then anything else in the mind power catagory. When prof. X does that it takes away all their free will. And that's something MM can't hope to do.

Juntai
Grant Morrison is the bomb shit.
He even gave Darkseid the Anti-Life-Equation in the new Mister Miracle comics.
All bets are off now.
big grin

Draco69
the differnce in long to short range is that X seems to be weaker over a long range as in contacting people on other side of the world
In a Telepathic fight X takes pretty much anyone. The whole 70 telepaths thing is something that seems outside of his powers. Maybe i'm wrong, however I've rarly ever seen him even use them. Controling a person by Telepathy is a lot stronger then anything else in the mind power catagory. When prof. X does that it takes away all their free will. And that's something MM can't hope to do.

Whattya mean? MM mindwiped the White Martians not once but TWICE. I'm extremely surprised you haven't heard this happened. It's in the infamous Morrison age JLA series.

In telepathic fight, Xavier would be screwed. He's dealing with someone FAR more powerful and FAR more experienced.

Martian Manhunter can also deprive people of their free will. He can even give animals free will, he's so uber.

Xavier is out of his league. Not to mention he won't even get a chance to use his telepathy on J'onn. He's a shapeshifter. Xavier's telepathy is useless on shapeshifters like Mystique, the Skrulls, Morph etc.

jasofisc
scrulls I don't think so concidering he was taking out hords of superpowered ones in that one issiue that people keep using to say that collosus beat down hulk. I'm sure someone can help me here with the issue name and number it's right be for the "12" crap with Apoc

jasofisc
I thought you said that MM hasn't controled anyone with this powers

Draco69
scrulls I don't think so concidering he was taking out hords of superpowered ones in that one issiue that people keep using to say that collosus beat down hulk. I'm sure someone can help me here with the issue name and number it's right be for the "12" crap with Apoc

You must be referring to a "What-If" issue.

Charles Xavier has problems with shapeshifters. The changing of brains somehow makes them difficult to track with his psi

Draco69
I thought you said that MM hasn't controled anyone with this powers

Noooo. You asked if there wasn't anyone MM hasn't controlled. I said no, MM can't control ANYone "namely EVERYone" but damn close because his telepathy fails on a few select beings.

xmarksthespot
Xavier's telepathy is useless on shapeshifters like Mystique, the Skrulls, Morph etc. Hmm apparently the Mystique thing has been retconned, so the only incident I can recall where he's had trouble was with a Skrull that had his telepathic template which was in X-Men The End which is considered a What if...? Morph has been knocked out by Xavier.

jasofisc
Sorry for the confustion I was trying to ask if he has in the past controled a person or what ever using his powers. I've never seen him do anything like that, do you have a scan. If not I'll just take your word for it. The issiue i'm talking about is not a what if, it was when the x-men somehow time traveled to the time galactis ate the skurll home world.

Sir Whirlysplat
It was written by Grant Morrison. Of course it was confusing. We're all still trying to figure out his damn Phoenix arc...

except GS shifty laughing out loud

Draco69
Sorry for the confustion I was trying to ask if he has in the past controled a person or what ever using his powers. I've never seen him do anything like that, do you have a scan. If not I'll just take your word for it. The issiue i'm talking about is not a what if, it was when the x-men somehow time traveled to the time galactis ate the skurll home world.

Just read the JLA comic. Preferably pre-Identity Crisis. You obviously must have not read a single page of the JLA or you wouldn't be asking.

jasofisc
I have dude and the majorty of the time MM doesn't do those things with his powers. Maybe I have bad luck but I've rarly seen anything remotly like that. The normal way a JLA comic goes is that MM gets beat on by like all the bad guys and then supes comes to save him and who ever else was picked to be the kicking dog for the issiue.

Arahan
MM is a green mean machine.

Mider
and my post was stupid because??????? i stated the powers that the JLA had in a way that they could defeat the defenders i dont know how you think its wrong but thats your opinion i dont see anything wrong with it.

Tshern
And yet he had troubles at rearranging Joker's thoughts...

Draco69
Originally posted by Tshern
And yet he had troubles at rearranging Joker's thoughts...

Of course he did. The Worholog was making him even MORE insane. Xavier can't even handle the Sabretooth.... wink

GODSCRIBE
Weapon X did a number on him though. And like I said before, MM was hurt trying to use tp on Zatanna.

Draco69
I have dude and the majorty of the time MM doesn't do those things with his powers. Maybe I have bad luck but I've rarly seen anything remotly like that. The normal way a JLA comic goes is that MM gets beat on by like all the bad guys and then supes comes to save him and who ever else was picked to be the kicking dog for the issiue.

Honey. Unless you have like you said very bad luck to have missed no less than SEVEN arcs of him using these powers....

You must have missed every significant JLA story there is. Did you even miss the White Martian saga???

GODSCRIBE
i believe his words were "AAAAGH"

jasofisc
yeah I did i'm a fan of JLA but not a big one in anyway shape or form. I pic up a graphic novel every now and then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.